This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-01-17 15:00:59

Imic
Scratcher

Imic's Gamer's Reviews 1 - Fossil Fighters (for the DS and DSi)

IMIC'S GAMER'S REVIEW
By Imic

How I Found Out About the Game

Yesterday, I was on youtube, searching for fun cool new games to buy for the DS because I had $50 spending cash from my birthday last Friday. Then, I came across a game similar to the Pokemon RPGs 'Fossil Fighters". I took a look at some LPs (Lets Plays) of the game and it looked actually kind of fun. I thought I'd give the game a try.

Then later that day, I went to my local Target and picked up a copy of the game and the official players guide. When I got home, I got my DSi, inserted the cartidge and began playing Fossil Fighters.

Backround Info About Game
If you know how to play any of the Pokemon RPGs, then you'll have no problem playing Fossil Fighters. The main goal of the game is to become the greatest Fossil Fighter. You dig up fossils then bring them back to the Fossil Center, which is run by Dr. Diggins a vivosaur expert. You have to carefully clean the fossil with the help of a robot assistant, KL-33n. Then, once you've revived your fossil they are revived into dinosaurs, called vivosaurs, you can battle them against other Fossil Fighters at the Fossil Stadium. (BTW this game takes place on Vivosaur Island, I think)

Good Aspects
-Fossil Fighters has one of the best graphics for a DS game I have ever played.
-Very informitive, this game tells you all you need to know about from how to excavate fossils, to battle your vivosaurs in the Fossil Stadium.
-Great plot, the plot of Fossil Fighters gets very in depth.

Bad Aspects
-You don't get to choose your gender, your always a guy, which didn't matter to me because I'm a guy.
-Some Fossil Battles were just way to hard, and you cant really train much, you just have to keep digging up more fossil pieces and cleaning them better than the fossil you have already on your vivosaurs. (If you don't understand that then play the game, then you'll understand :p)
-Can't think of anything else at the moment :3

Yeah, there you have it, my first review on Fossil Fighters. Now, Imic's Rating!  big_smile

IMIC'S RATING - 8/10 - A game that is very entertaining for hours, if you like RPGs, this is the game for you!

(c)2010 Imic

Board footer