This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-12-29 03:40:28

iCode-747
Scratcher

Join Fox!

Hello, all,

As you all know, I'm iCode-747, the head of the Fox team which makes FoxOS (I'm finished programming it!), and I want to invite 10 people on Scratch to join it and become part of the team.

To join, all you have to do is give me an audition game or OS (Not an animation). It has to be new (It can's be online already). The current team will judge the projects on 5 different things, and will give each one  a letter grade. You will be judged on these factors: Smoothness, graphics, Script and sprite efficiency, file size, and just generally how easy to use it is.

10 lucky people will then be taken into the Fox team, while ALL the runner-ups will get any one of their games or OSs tested and worked on by Fox. If we don't pick you, I'm sorry, and you will be recognized in FoxBat 1.0 for trying out for the team.

The OS CAN be in beta form, and the game does not have to contain multiple levels. Another thing you can do is, if you know how, make a graph-maker or whatever. I just want to see your Scratch skills.

Plans for Fox:

Early May: beta of game--- Ski Resort sim- CLASSIFIED

Late May: FoxBat 2.0.

This is it for now. Put a link in your replies to the audition projects.

I will keep editing this, so bookmark this post!

As a bonus, new user-bars to put on your signature come out once a month!

Current list of competitors:

1. Pinochio (?)

Last edited by iCode-747 (2010-01-09 17:10:22)

-End Transmission-

#2 2010-01-02 16:07:41

somelia
Scratcher

#3 2010-01-02 16:47:59

rocket101
Scratcher

Re: Join Fox!

I might be able to help! I make TechMaster OS Hope you like it!

#4 2010-01-02 16:57:45

iCode-747
Scratcher

rocket101 wrote:

I might be able to help! I make TechMaster OS Hope you like it!

You're in!

everyone, bookmark this gallery if you are in the team, it's for FoxBat development.

http://scratch.mit.edu/galleries/view/68696

-End Transmission-

#5 2010-01-02 22:40:16

Greatdane
Scratcher

Well, if [a specific user] is in, I'm not.

Sorry. No offense.

You know [a specific user in this team] is a copier of me? Just want to say...

Last edited by Greatdane (2010-01-02 22:40:59)

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
        ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

#6 2010-01-05 17:02:15

rocket101
Scratcher

Greatdane wrote:

Sorry. No offense.

I am NOT a copier of you, and when I remix, I change a ton of stuff, and the scratch team and the License to play encourages remixing. So please stop saying that I copy you and stop treating me like a copycat. Please read the below quote from the scratch License to play.

License to play wrote:

Imagine that each Scratch project is a cake, a very special cake that comes with its recipe (programming blocks). All members of the Scratch community share their cakes along with their recipes. This means that you can enjoy the cakes and learn how to make them yourself!

There are no secret recipes: the instructions on how to make these cakes are open for anyone to use, reuse, modify, and serve as inspiration for new ideas... I mean cakes.

You can eat the cakes as well as copy other people's recipes to make your own, maybe with different ingredients. This freedom comes with two simple requirements:

* share your cakes along with the recipes
give credit to those who inspired you

Last edited by rocket101 (2010-01-05 17:29:30)

#7 2010-01-05 17:42:52

jacool
Scratcher

rocket101 wrote:

Greatdane wrote:

Sorry. No offense.

I am NOT a copier of you, and when I remix, I change a ton of stuff, and the scratch team and the License to play encourages remixing. So please stop saying that I copy you and stop treating me like a copycat. Please read the below quote from the scratch License to play.

License to play wrote:

Imagine that each Scratch project is a cake, a very special cake that comes with its recipe (programming blocks). All members of the Scratch community share their cakes along with their recipes. This means that you can enjoy the cakes and learn how to make them yourself!

There are no secret recipes: the instructions on how to make these cakes are open for anyone to use, reuse, modify, and serve as inspiration for new ideas... I mean cakes.

You can eat the cakes as well as copy other people's recipes to make your own, maybe with different ingredients. This freedom comes with two simple requirements:

* share your cakes along with the recipes
give credit to those who inspired you

You are right Rocket. Greatdane you should be happy that people remix your projects it means they are good and people like them.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/JacobKar/svensktiger-1.png

#8 2010-01-05 18:05:31

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Greatdane wrote:

Sorry. No offense.

When you share something on the Scratch website by default you're letting other people take your project and do whatever they want with it, as long as they make meaningful changes and give credit. They don't need to ask for permission.

See more here: http://scratch.mit.edu/pages/license

There's a bit more on it here in the FAQ http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Support/FAQ/Scratch_Website_FAQ

To restate what jacool said previousely -  I would hope you would be pleased that your work was judged good enough to be remixed.   It is an honor.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#9 2010-01-05 18:48:25

Greatdane
Scratcher

The thing is, now he's revealed himself.

It's an ad, and he maybe changes the text a bit, from what I see, he keeps the ad the same. He doesn't make anything new. A background, a cat, but the text is the same.

I'd like to see YOU make an importing application platform!

You know what, you don't really get it. It's not like I don't allow him to remix, it's just that it doesn't make sense.

Ad #1(my ad):
I am the first...
...to be made to support multiple applications on a single platform.
Wow.
Sangle OS

Ad #2(remixer's ad):
I am one of the first...
...to be made to support multiple applications on a single platform...
...and parental controls.
Wow.
Techmaster OS

What's really funny is the last text actually was made by him, and it doesn't fit the rest of the ad.

See? I spend 1.5 years working on something than can do what I said and make an advertisement to spread the word, he makes something in two weeks and says it does the same thing.

THAT is what I am mad about.

~ Eleanor Roosevelt

#10 2010-01-05 18:57:03

iCode-747
Scratcher

Greatdane wrote:

It's an ad, and he maybe changes the text a bit, from what I see, he keeps the ad the same. He doesn't make anything new. A background, a cat, but the text is the same.

You know what, you don't really get it. It's not like I don't allow him to remix, it's just that it doesn't make sense.

Ad #1(my ad):
I am the first...
Wow.
Sangle OS

Ad #2(remixer's ad):
I am one of the first...
Wow.
Techmaster OS

What's really funny is the last text actually was made by him, and it doesn't fit the rest of the ad.

See? I spend 1.5 years working on something than can do what I said and make an advertisement to spread the word, he makes something in two weeks and says it does the same thing.

Well, I understand... But why not at least TRY to get along?

-End Transmission-

#11 2010-01-05 21:03:21

08jackt
Scratcher

Greatdane wrote:

Ad #1(my ad):
I am the first...
Wow.
Sangle OS

Ad #2(remixer's ad):
I am one of the first...
Wow.
Techmaster OS

i use to get mad when people remixed my projects, and stole my ideas.

now that people do it so much, im just like "meh..."

http://i39.tinypic.com/jgtswi.png

#12 2010-01-06 07:20:22

rocket101
Scratcher

Greatdane wrote:

It's an ad, and he maybe changes the text a bit, from I see, he keeps the ad the same. He doesn't make anything new. A background, a cat, but the text is the same.

You know, you don't really get it. It's not like I don't allow him to remix, it's just that it doesn't make sense.
Ad #1(my ad):
I am the first...
Wow.
Sangle OS

Ad #2(remixer's ad):
I am one of the first...
Wow.
Techmaster OS

when did you become the owner of ads?
I  can remix if I want, greatdane! I do not copy you, I remix your projects because I like them, so stop treating me, my OS, and my ads like mud, please! By the way, my OS can support imported apps from the TechMaster app store (we have far more developers than you). So can you stop treating me like some evil copycat???

#13 2010-01-08 01:36:23

Greatdane
Scratcher

rocket101 wrote:

Greatdane wrote:

It's an ad, and he maybe changes the text a bit, from I see, he keeps the ad the same. He doesn't make anything new. A background, a cat, but the text is the same.

You know, you don't really get it. It's not like I don't allow him to remix, it's just that it doesn't make sense.
Ad #1(my ad):
I am the first...
Wow.
Sangle OS

Ad #2(remixer's ad):
I am one of the first...
Wow.
Techmaster OS

I  can remix if I want, greatdane! I do not copy you, I remix your projects because I like them, so stop treating me, my OS, and my ads like mud, please! By the way, my OS can support imported apps from the TechMaster app store (we have far more developers than you). So can you stop treating me like some evil copycat???

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_4/1098209712hdFlkJ.jpg
I have stopped this conversation.

I think your OS is.... okay, but I don't treat you like a copycat. I have a right to treat your OS like mud... why am I not showing it? To make you feel better.

My last words:

Get your own ideas.

~ Eleanor Roosevelt

#14 2010-01-09 16:32:19

iCode-747
Scratcher

Greatdane wrote:

rocket101 wrote:

Greatdane wrote:

Ad #1(my ad):
I am the first...
Wow.
Sangle OS

Ad #2(remixer's ad):
I am one of the first...
Wow.
Techmaster OS

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_4/10 … hdFlkJ.jpg
I have stopped this conversation.

I think your OS is.... okay, but I don't treat you like a copycat. I have a right to treat your OS like mud... why am I not showing it? To make you feel better.

My last words:

Get your own ideas.

rocket101 and greatdane, just get along. considering 'shaking hands' in cyberspace and being friends.

"Forgive and forget"- Somene (I don't know who. maybe god?)

iCode-747

-End Transmission-

Board footer