This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-12-18 21:01:56

Iwonaicee100
Scratcher

Relationship Help (was Love Help)

do not post any trash here. post actual advice that will work at least 96% percent of the time! just post questions and answers about whatevr u need help with like if you want to ask someone out or need help getting over a lost love.  big_smile

"Kindness is like a boomerang, When you throw it out, it comes right back!"  smile

#2 2009-12-18 21:18:09

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

Re: Relationship Help (was Love Help)

This tread represents the meaning of fail.

[/thread]

#3 2009-12-18 21:21:53

gershmer
Scratcher

</thread> most definitely.

Visit my site, Gershmer.net
Leave me a voicemail at my Google Voice number, [removed]

#4 2009-12-18 21:23:53

littletonkslover
Scratcher

I don't need any love help. I am already in love with my Mac :B And it knows it.

I don't have any advice either. Really, I don't stalk people I have a crush on. I kinda' like this kid, but it's not like I wanna do a date scene or whatever. He's just a nice, smart kid. I wish he wouldn't ignore me T_T He talks to these people I don't wanna be seen even NEAR with.

http://www.coxlab.org/images/rat_banner.jpg
That's the dark nature of capitalism. ~ Wonder Showzen

#5 2009-12-18 21:26:05

samurai768
Scratcher

First, draw or take a picture of your love and practice talking to that. Once you become comfortable talking to your sweetie. He/she probably doesn't want a shy, nervous person that can't even talk to them. Talk to that person, become friends and establish trust. Don't become to good of friends, or else it will be awkward when you tell them that you like them. Sometimes, it will be obvious to them that you like them, and if you're like me, it will be easy to figure out that they like you. If that's the case, ask them out or something. Do something to show you care about them. If that doesn't work, you'll have to go to plan B (coming soon  tongue )

Source: One year of knowing a person liked me, I actually liked them back but we decided it would be awkward to be BF/GF if we were also best friends, so we just were good friends.

#6 2009-12-18 22:47:30

theThomasG
Scratcher

This really has no relevant significant meaning to scratch. This should be closed.

#7 2009-12-18 22:56:12

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

samurai768 wrote:

First, draw or take a picture of your love and practice talking to that. Once you become comfortable talking to your sweetie. He/she probably doesn't want a shy, nervous person that can't even talk to them. Talk to that person, become friends and establish trust. Don't become to good of friends, or else it will be awkward when you tell them that you like them. Sometimes, it will be obvious to them that you like them, and if you're like me, it will be easy to figure out that they like you. If that's the case, ask them out or something. Do something to show you care about them. If that doesn't work, you'll have to go to plan B (coming soon  tongue )

Source: One year of knowing a person liked me, I actually liked them back but we decided it would be awkward to be BF/GF if we were also best friends, so we just were good friends.

An 11 year old giving (incorrect) love advice? BADDDD.

#8 2009-12-19 05:59:20

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

floatingmagictree wrote:

This tread represents the meaning of fail.

I'm sensing a lot of hostility to this topic...but I'm not sure why.  Interpersonal relationships are a very important part of life.  Why shouldn't they be discussed?

theThomasG wrote:

This really has no relevant significant meaning to scratch. This should be closed.

Inspiriation and More is the forum for topics that don't necessarily have a direct relationship to Scratch.  It's in the correct location.

floatingmagictree wrote:

An 11 year old giving (incorrect) love advice? BADDDD.

Why do you say it is incorrect?  Apparently it worked for the person that posted the information. 

As I see it, simply because a topic makes some people slightly uncomfortable is not sufficient reason to close it (prior example:  the religious threads).   This topic is meant to be helpful and I see no reason it should be closed as long as it remains focused on improving relationships.

I am going to change the title from "Love Help" to "Relationship Help" so it isn't mistaken for a dating or match-making thread.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#9 2009-12-19 06:33:13

dingdong
Scratcher

a simple a facepalm cannot cover the amount of stupidity and fail of this topic, the only people that should handing love advice are the people that pick up a new gf 1-3 weeks after breaking up with another, and judging by the fact that EVERYONE on the scratch community is a nerd (including me yes!) no one should be giving out relationship advice

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2829/superanbanner.png
click the image for my music

#10 2009-12-19 09:20:50

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

dingdong wrote:

a simple a facepalm cannot cover the amount of stupidity and fail of this topic, the only people that should handing love advice are the people that pick up a new gf 1-3 weeks after breaking up with another, and judging by the fact that EVERYONE on the scratch community is a nerd (including me yes!) no one should be giving out relationship advice

Erpp... Not everyone.

#11 2009-12-19 09:32:28

The-Whiz
Scratcher

dingdong wrote:

I ain't no nerd.

All right, I wear glasses... And I use the computer a lot... And I take math a grade ahead... But does that make me a nerd? I can also run a mile in about 7 minutes, and I'm athletic...

#12 2009-12-19 09:34:52

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

The-Whiz wrote:

dingdong wrote:

I ain't no nerd.

All right, I wear glasses... And I use the computer a lot... And I take math a grade ahead... But does that make me a nerd? I can also run a mile in about 7 minutes, and I'm athletic...

7? Bleh. I can run a mile in 6:12.

Did I mention that I'm on my school's track team?

Plus, I have perfect 20/20 vision, no glasses, and don't spend that much time on the computer (I have a life)

#13 2009-12-19 09:41:40

The-Whiz
Scratcher

floatingmagictree wrote:

The-Whiz wrote:

dingdong wrote:

I ain't no nerd.

Plus, I have perfect 20/20 vision, no glasses, and don't spend that much time on the computer (I have a life)

mad

I want to get contacts...

"I have a life," says the active Scratcher with the most posts.

And 7 is bad? Tell that to the fat kids at my school who run it in 13.

Last edited by The-Whiz (2009-12-19 09:44:04)

#14 2009-12-19 10:13:47

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

The-Whiz wrote:

floatingmagictree wrote:

The-Whiz wrote:

I ain't no nerd.

mad

I want to get contacts...

"I have a life," says the active Scratcher with the most posts.

And 7 is bad? Tell that to the fat kids at my school who run it in 13.

Well, seeing how I've been on the forums for 414 days...... If I post just 10 posts a day I would be where I am right now, which isn't a lot.

#15 2009-12-19 17:43:11

dingdong
Scratcher

look I'm still a nerd and yet I have a life, I go out with friends on fridays and weekends, and do many other weird, I have not gotten high or drunk yet even though I've hung around people who are, yet I am still a nerd because I know wayyyyyy more then the average person about computers, in fact in my boring computer class what I've attempted once is to shut down the school's server remotely, and seeing just about everyone here knows how to use a computer pretty darn well and probably spend a good portion of their day on the computer, we are all nerds

#16 2009-12-19 17:59:45

Diagram
Scratcher

Mostly only nerds have the brains to figure out Scratch. So in reality we are ALL nerds. While as The-Whiz stated, some "nerds" can be athletic. I believe I can include myself since I go on scratch. play basketball, run around, play in snow, and still have a life. Sheesh.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ynf1wg.png

#17 2009-12-19 18:07:47

dingdong
Scratcher

Diagram wrote:

Mostly only nerds have the brains to figure out Scratch. So in reality we are ALL nerds. While as The-Whiz stated, some "nerds" can be athletic. I believe I can include myself since I go on scratch. play basketball, run around, play in snow, and still have a life. Sheesh.

yup, nerds can be athletic, have lives (or not), or even have a gf, but in the end if you're on scratch you're a nerd!

#18 2009-12-19 18:08:38

JSO
Community Moderator

That's not true  smile

Well
I was quite a nerd and depending on the definition of a nerd (Programming stuff  hmm ) I still am  smile

But at least I've got a social life and friends and such. And I wear no glasses but that really has nothing to do with being a nerd xD

When people are called "nerds" it is more a problem of the people saying it. Once you are in some kind of group with people respecting you and such they don't think of you as a nerd anymore. Take this forum as an example. Sure, nerds all together but still, people are respected over here while they might be bullied in real life and the only thing you can't see of a person over here is his/her face  smile

Last edited by JSO (2009-12-19 18:09:39)

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2v1q0e9.jpg

#19 2009-12-19 18:10:48

webgal15
Scratcher

That must mean that I'm a nerd.

Now only using this account to post in Miscellaneous, but when Miss_Webgal becomes a Scratcher I'm ditching this account.

#20 2009-12-19 18:10:58

dingdong
Scratcher

JSO wrote:

That's not true  smile

Well
I was quite a nerd and depending on the definition of a nerd (Programming stuff  hmm ) I still am  smile

But at least I've got a social life and friends and such. And I wear no glasses but that really has nothing to do with being a nerd xD

When people are called "nerds" it is more a problem of the people saying it. Once you are in some kind of group with people respecting you and such they don't think of you as a nerd anymore. Take this forum as an example. Sure, nerds all together but still, people are respected over here while they might be bullied in real life and the only thing you can't see of a person is his/her face  smile

once you get to high school, and as long as you have a life, most people will respect you once you're out of freshmen year

#21 2009-12-19 18:11:33

Diagram
Scratcher

JSO wrote:

That's not true  smile

Well

When people are called "nerds" it is more a problem of the people saying it. Once you are in some kind of group with people respecting you and such they don't think of you as a nerd anymore. Take this forum as an example. Sure, nerds all together but still, people are respected over here while they might be bullied in real life and the only thing you can't see of a person over here is his/her face  smile

But you can see my face if you click my users stuff...XD

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ynf1wg.png

#22 2009-12-19 18:15:56

J0j2
Scratcher

Paddle2see, I really like your thinking.

Crushes and stuff. Well, always make sure the person you like is someone you know or you're comfortable with BECAUSE if you don't know them, they could be into something you really don't like, they might have a really bad personality, or maybe just because you can talk to them. But really, when people say be yourself, really, be yourself.

Happiness is a habit. You can help the world practice happiness a little more. Visit the 'Happiness List' below and post a list of 100 things that make you happy!
http://i.imgur.com/dMpk2.jpg?1?4499

#23 2009-12-19 19:36:57

cocoanut
Scratcher

The-Whiz wrote:

dingdong wrote:

I ain't no nerd.

You've proved that you can't be a nerd, The-Whiz.... True nerds are proud of it.  big_smile

Last edited by cocoanut (2009-12-19 19:37:54)

http://i42.tinypic.com/20gyvif.jpgPlease leave a message at the beep.
Steam: Hellephant

#24 2009-12-19 20:21:16

DavidTy
Scratcher

The-Whiz wrote:

I can also run a mile in about 7 minutes, and I'm athletic...

I can run a mile in around 6:45  tongue  but still thats far above average.

Last edited by DavidTy (2009-12-19 20:22:28)

#25 2009-12-19 20:48:59

archmage
Scratcher

Diagram wrote:

I disagree, scratch was designed specifically so that non nerds could use it. Try getting that kind of person into java right away, it just won't work.

And there is a difference between nerds and geeks

nerd=frail, smart, good with math and computers,pale
geek=obsesses over something (refer to the below image for different kinds)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottjohnson/2086153791/sizes/l/in/set-72157601200807582/

In light of this, it seems that most people here, if anything are scratch geeks (if you want to go that far because anyone can use scratch)

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

Board footer