This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-11-27 13:59:08

pinochio
Scratcher

Remove top remixed

Well, let me explain why I think top remixed should be removed. Top remixed takes up a lot of space on the front page and most remixes are just things like ' add an egg to the nest' or 'add your character on a boat'. Allthough some remixes are intersting and efforted projects, they do not make the page as top remixed. There is nothing wrong with remixing but I firmly believe  that most 'add....' projects are only made
to be on the front page. Also often on top remixed are surveys and coloring contests. I have made a survey before and it made
top remixed. But what I did not realize was that people make surveys for studies and curiosity. Not for fame. So why does top remixed exist?  This speech might be a little confusing since I wrote it on my iPod. I will revise it later. Do you agree or disagree?

Other scratchers who agree:
Pinochio
The-whiz
Jacool
Gettysburg11
Lucario621
Scmb1
Fantasytales
RHY3756547
Littletonkslover
Fg123
Greenflash
Chrischb
Jonathonpb
Fanofcena
Filo5
Scratch_yoshi
Somelia

Last edited by pinochio (2009-11-29 12:55:16)

Flat Out G

#2 2009-11-27 14:10:33

The-Whiz
Scratcher

Re: Remove top remixed

I agree with this...

Or maybe there could be a "featured remix" section? Where the Scratch Team chooses a remix that they think is a god idea?

Last edited by The-Whiz (2009-11-27 14:11:30)

#3 2009-11-27 14:20:01

pinochio
Scratcher

The-Whiz wrote:

I agree with this...

Or maybe there could be a "featured remix" section? Where the Scratch Team chooses a remix that they think is a god idea?

That's a pretty good idea! Featured remix would be great and be
filled with
pointless projects. It's not like removing top remixed will stop renixing but all thoughs pointless remixes will vanish

Flat Out G

#4 2009-11-27 14:21:34

jacool
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

The-Whiz wrote:

I agree with this...

filled with
pointless projects. It's not like removing top remixed will stop renixing but all thoughs pointless remixes will vanish

Pointless project ey?
What defines a pointless project?
Scratch is about being creative and learning, so in my head there is no such thing as a pointless project, everyone works on their own level.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/JacobKar/svensktiger-1.png

#5 2009-11-27 14:24:28

pinochio
Scratcher

jacool wrote:

pinochio wrote:

The-Whiz wrote:

I agree with this...

filled with

Pointless project ey?
Scratch is about being creative and learning, so in my head there is no such thing as a pointless project, everyone works on their own level.

By pointless I mean like 'add a donkey to the evil noodles lair'. And I stick with callin those projects pointless

Flat Out G

#6 2009-11-27 14:28:50

The-Whiz
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

jacool wrote:

pinochio wrote:

filled with

Pointless project ey?

By pointless I mean like 'add a donkey to the evil noodles lair'. And I stick with callin those projects pointless

I don't know that any of those projects have made it on the front page yet...

#7 2009-11-27 14:30:25

pinochio
Scratcher

The-Whiz wrote:

pinochio wrote:

jacool wrote:

Pointless project ey?

I don't know that any of those projects have made it on the front page yet...

You know what I mean  tongue  I don't wanna give out real examples cuz on not evil!

Flat Out G

#8 2009-11-27 14:33:14

jacool
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

jacool wrote:

pinochio wrote:

filled with

Pointless project ey?

To me that seems like a pretty creative project, and creativity is what the world needs.
A Swedish man once said:

Why would I want to hire a Swede as a programmer when I could hire one in other parts of the world for a much lower price, What you will get good paid for in the future is creativity and good ideas

#9 2009-11-27 14:35:37

pinochio
Scratcher

jacool wrote:

pinochio wrote:

jacool wrote:

Pointless project ey?

To me that seems like a pretty creative project, and creativity is what the world needs.
A Swedish man once said:

Why would I want to hire a Swede as a programmer when I could hire one in other parts of the world for a much lower price, What you will get good paid for in the future is creativity and good ideas

It was just an example. Ithink you inderstod me wrong. I don't want renixing to be banned infact renixing is very creative. I'm just aayig delete top remixed.

Flat Out G

#10 2009-11-27 14:39:30

jacool
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

jacool wrote:

pinochio wrote:

A Swedish man once said:

It was just an example. Ithink you inderstod me wrong. I don't want renixing to be banned infact renixing is very creative. I'm just aayig delete top remixed.

I agree with you, I think the 'Top Remixed' should be removed, but the thing I reacted on was when your wrote pointless projects, and it seemed like you though that almost every remix chain is pointless.

#11 2009-11-27 14:57:28

gettysburg11
Scratcher

Ah yes, I would like Top Remixed ousted from the front page. I'm pretty sure the Scratch team saw good when they came up with it, since they support remixing, but I'm afraid it hasn't worked. What they saw then were people remixing great games into greater games. What we see now are projects saying "add yurself duin a dance" projects that have absolutely no value to anyone except those people who are desperate to get popular and make one of those projects to get front page.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh184/mnacmilan/LOGO_ACMILAN-Splash.gif

#12 2009-11-27 15:06:38

pinochio
Scratcher

gettysburg11 wrote:

Ah yes, I would like Top Remixed ousted from the front page. I'm pretty sure the Scratch team saw good when they came up with it, since they support remixing, but I'm afraid it hasn't worked. What they saw then were people remixing great games into greater games. What we see now are projects saying "add yurself duin a dance" projects that have absolutely no value to anyone except those people who are desperate to get popular and make one of those projects to get front page.

Agreed!  I will add you to the support list!

Flat Out G

#13 2009-11-27 15:07:11

Lucario621
Community Moderator

I agree. I really think its just unproductive. I'm not saying that we should like kill creativity or anything, but scratch wasn't made just for the paint program. Here's my overall opinion around people and scratch: People take too much advantage of the friendly website, and the scratch paint program. Really.

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#14 2009-11-27 15:15:44

pinochio
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

I agree. I really think its just unproductive. I'm not saying that we should like kill creativity or anything, but scratch wasn't made just for the paint program. Here's my overall opinion around people and scratch: People take too much advantage of the friendly website, and the scratch paint program. Really.

I do think art is a big part of scratch. I just think it should be used in animations and games, not just by itself!

Flat Out G

#15 2009-11-27 15:17:17

Caseycatjasper
Scratcher

Yes, mostly all projects on top remixed are like that. BUT, if you look at the front page right now, you will see that two top remixed projects are coloring contests. SOME people, like me, actually like these.

http://dragcave.net/image/YOEn.gif http://dragcave.net/image/oJDi.gif
http://caseycatjasper.dragonadopters.com/dragonanimated_297225.gif<^-Please help my dragons survive by clicking on them!

#16 2009-11-27 15:21:35

scmb1
Scratch Team

The-Whiz wrote:

I agree with this...

I agree! This could give cool remix ideas more remixes. Everyone knows about the Add a ___ to the ___ projects, but the really cool and original remix projects sometimes don't even get remixed! Please add me to the support list.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2z5pqad.png

#17 2009-11-27 15:24:57

pinochio
Scratcher

scmb1 wrote:

The-Whiz wrote:

I agree with this...

I agree! This could give cool remix ideas more remixes. Everyone knows about the Add a ___ to the ___ projects, but the really cool and original remix projects sometimes don't even get remixed! Please add me to the support list.

I think the whiz's Idea is great to! I added you!

Flat Out G

#18 2009-11-27 17:28:44

pinochio
Scratcher

Does anyone else agree or disagree?

Flat Out G

#19 2009-11-27 17:33:22

RHY3756547
Scratcher

I strongly agree. We need some way that only interesting, productive top remixed projects are shown (to showcase things like building on one's game engine etc)

#20 2009-11-27 17:35:46

littletonkslover
Scratcher

I also agree! Some projects don't really belong there.  hmm

http://www.coxlab.org/images/rat_banner.jpg
That's the dark nature of capitalism. ~ Wonder Showzen

#21 2009-11-27 17:37:32

pinochio
Scratcher

RHY3756547 wrote:

I strongly agree. We need some way that only interesting, productive top remixed projects are shown (to showcase things like building on one's game engine etc)

Exactly what I think! The whiz's suggestin is perfect for that!

Flat Out G

#22 2009-11-27 18:10:06

guyman55
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

Well, let me explain why I think top remixed should be removed. Top remixed takes up a lot of space on the front page and most remixes are just things like ' add an egg to the nest' or 'add your character on a boat'. Allthough some remixes are intersting and efforted projects, they do not make the page as top remixed. There is nothing wrong with remixing but I firmly believe  that most 'add....' projects are only made
to be on the front page. Also often on top remixed are surveys and coloring contests. I have made a survey before and it made
top remixed. But what I did not realize was that people make surveys for studies and curiosity. Not for fame. So why does top remixed exist?  This speech might be a little confusing since I wrote it on my iPod. I will revise it later. Do you agree or disagree?

guyman55/66
Pinochio
The-whiz
Jacool
Gettysburg11
Lucario621
Scmb1
Fantasytales
RHY3756547
Littletonkslover

its jsut dumb to make top remixes to get on boards makes peeps jelous

#23 2009-11-27 18:11:35

pinochio
Scratcher

guyman55 wrote:

pinochio wrote:

guyman55/66
Pinochio
The-whiz
Jacool
Gettysburg11
Lucario621
Scmb1
Fantasytales
RHY3756547
Littletonkslover

I have no idea what you just said. Can someone translate?

Flat Out G

#24 2009-11-27 18:14:56

ScratchX
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

guyman55 wrote:

pinochio wrote:

guyman55/66
Pinochio
The-whiz
Jacool
Gettysburg11
Lucario621
Scmb1
Fantasytales
RHY3756547
Littletonkslover

I have no idea what you just said. Can someone translate?

yoz man i totullaz fosizzle undastanderz yuz guyman555 nah just kidding  tongue
i think he says...It's just dumb to make projects that get on the front page on front wah? uhhh peeps jealous umm ....i quit tranlating this! its impossible!!!!! ahhh!!!!

Happy New Year!
http://i45.tinypic.com/1nyasi.pnghttp://i50.tinypic.com/219pez8.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/e5s4zr.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/23l18hf.jpghttp://i49.tinypic.com/66zymu.png

#25 2009-11-27 18:39:05

fg123
Scratcher

Support. They have like add your ball rolling.  lol

Hai.

Board footer