This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-12-17 05:31:23

Jens
Scratcher

multilingual website

wow, I just noticed the website's been almost completely translated to German and French and - aside from some typos - that translation is accurate and nice. It almost feels like a native German site now  wink  .Good job, Kevin (I guess)! That must have been so much work, but It's been definitely worth the effort!

Jens Mönig

#2 2007-12-17 13:33:15

MartinWollenweber
Scratcher

Re: multilingual website

I also just noticed it:
Bravo Kevin, Andres and Evelyn! Thank you!  smile   smile   smile

Kevin: I think you'll get much feedback at your  german-translating thread with suggestions for improvements  http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2433

I also hope, we'll find a good answer to your question, how to give the further translating-job to the Scratch-Community. If Andres succeeds to implement that Wiki-idea here, it will help much doing this: You could build up a mechanism where you could "wiki-edit" every part of the translation (to many languages!) and if a part of the translation has enough supporters (by clicking "this translation is right") it is automatically added to that language translation-file. That works for both Scratch and ScratcR! The german Scratch community already did kind of that  (very manually but successfully) to translate Scratch 1.2.
By using this method we could also cover languages, that are little known:
The community of each language does translating and improving itself!

Martin
...mitmachen beim  DACH-Scratch-Wiki und Scratch-Wiki-Autor werden!

#3 2007-12-17 21:24:21

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Re: multilingual website

Yes, thanks to Kevin for his work on this!

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

Board footer