This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-10-21 22:35:37

hamsandwitch678
Scratcher

Edit The Quote!!

Example:

andresmh wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot to everyone for your input. After reading the arguments in favor and against removing these forums, we have decided to close the forums mainly because of these two reasons:

1. it creates a lot of work for our current moderators
2. it is a source of fights and inappropriate behavior

There is a way we can keep these forums alive though. We would like to offer the possibility of creating a separate website (e.g. http://scratch.mit.edu/someotherforum) where we can put the Text Based Forums as a separate space from the Scratch Forums.

This would require a lot of work, so we would only do it if we can find  a couple of moderators who would commit their time to keep these forums free of inappropriate behavior, dissolve fights and follow the Scratch Terms of Use.

If you enjoy using the TBG forums and you are interested in keeping them alive on a separate website and you have a long established good reputation in the Scratch community and you would like to volunteer your time to moderate these new forums,  please let us know.....,

Turns into:

Example:

andresmh wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot to everyone for your input. After reading the arguments in favor and against eating these cookies, we have decided to eat the cookies mainly because of these two reasons:

1. It has chocolate chips
2. I am hungry

There is a way we can keep these cookies alive though. We would like to offer the possibility of creating a separate website (e.g. http://scratch.mit.edu/COOKIESYUM) where we can put the cookies as a separate space from the Scratch oven..

This would require a lot of work, so we would only do it if we can find  a couple of moderators who would commit their time to keep these cookies free of inappropriate behavior, dissolve fights and follow the Scratch Terms of Use.

If you enjoy eating cookies and you are interested in keeping them alive on a separate website and you have a long established good reputation in the Scratch community and you would like to volunteer your time to moderate these new cookies,  please let us know.....

POST!!

Last edited by hamsandwitch678 (2009-10-21 22:39:37)

You won't get in a jam when you add a little ham because when you add meat, your life will be sweet.                     .

#2 2009-10-22 03:11:58

Chrischb
Scratcher

Re: Edit The Quote!!

LOL! (My first lol ever. Your game deserved it.  wink  )

mres-admin wrote:

We are happy to announce the release of Scratch 1.4 !  With this new version, you can:
* ask users to input text from the keyboard (with new "ask" and "answer" blocks)
* take photos directly from built-in or USB webcams
* run Scratch on smaller screens, such as on netbook computers
* control robotics with LEGO WeDo

Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions for Scratch 1.4. We really appreciate all of your help.

To learn more about Scratch 1.4, check the Release Notes.

Download Scratch 1.4 and try it out!

MIT Scratch Team

Becomes:

mres-admin wrote:

We are happy to announce the release of Scratch -0.3 !  With this new version, you can:
* ask users to input cake from the cakeboard (with new "take" and "yummy" blocks)
* take photos directly from sewer cameras
* run Scratch on smaller screens, such as on my eyelid
* control robotics with WEGO WeDoTheDance

Thanks to everyone who provided cake for Scratch -0.3. We really appreciate all of your complaints.

To learn more about Scratch -0.3, check the Release Notes.

Download Scratch -0.3 and try it out!

NOT Scratch Team

Hee hee.

Last edited by Chrischb (2009-10-22 03:12:52)

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#3 2009-10-22 03:17:37

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

andresmh wrote:

Three days ago we started showing an asterisk next to the user name of members of the Scratch Team. This only applies to comments in projects and galleries. This can be useful when someone from the Scratch Team tries to intervene in moderating discussions.

Scratch on!

andresmh did not write this:

A year ago we started showing a toilet next to the user name of members of the Scratch Team. This only applies to me. This can be useful when someone from the Scratch Team tries to run from moderating discussions.

Don't Scratch on!

Shame on you, Andrés!

Last edited by Jonathanpb (2009-10-22 03:18:42)

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#4 2009-10-22 03:19:28

Chrischb
Scratcher

I love this game so much I'll ruin my favorite sticky!

coka wrote:

Dear new scratch members,
You see everyone having signatures and wonder why you can type one but it does not show up. This is why. You need at least 51 posts for your signature to appear on forum posts. You want a signature bad, but don't have the posts? DON"T SPAM it will not get you anywhere and no one likes it. Take your time to post forum posts that mean something.  wink    Have fun and Scratch on!  cool

What is a signature?
A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

So why do you have to wait until you get 51 posts to have a signature? Look Below.  wink

Paddle2See wrote:

It's to make it harder for commercial spammers to put advertising links in signatures.

Don't know how to make a signature? Follow this guide:
First go to the scratch forums. Under the scratch logo, click on Profile
http://i30.tinypic.com/29p6cf9.gif
Go to the Personality Section of the Forum Profile. You can type your signature in the typing box.
http://i27.tinypic.com/301h45s.gif

Becomes:

coka wrote:

Dear confused scratch members,
You see everyone having signatures and wonder why you can type one but it does not show up. This is why. You need at least 581 posts for your signature to appear on forum posts. You want a signature SO bad, but don't have the posts? PLEASE SPAM it will get you everywhere and everyone loves it. Take your time to post horrible forum posts that mean nothing.  wink    Have fun and Scratch your Scratch Card!  cool

What is a signature?
A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite house or your pantry. It's up to me! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is not allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

So why do you have to wait until you get 581 posts to have a signature? Look Below.  wink

Paddle2See wrote:

It's to make it easier for commercial spammers to put advertising links in signatures.

Don't know to make a signature? Follow this guide! It guarantees success:
First go to the scratch tutorials. Under the scratch flag, click on Exit
Don't click!.
Go to the Angry Section of the Scratch tutorials. You can type your signature in the deleting box.
Muahahaha

Last edited by Chrischb (2009-10-22 03:21:18)

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#5 2009-10-22 17:03:54

hamsandwitch678
Scratcher

Chrischb wrote:

I love this game so much I'll ruin my favorite sticky!

Thanks!

Last edited by hamsandwitch678 (2009-10-22 17:04:19)

You won't get in a jam when you add a little ham because when you add meat, your life will be sweet.                     .

#6 2009-10-22 20:32:54

greenflash
Scratcher

lightnin wrote:

Greetings Everyone!
Some of you may have noticed that the images in your signatures now appear smaller than they used to. We did this because we felt that threads with many large signatures can become difficult to read. We've placed a trial limit of 150 pixels on the height of images used in signatures, so images larger than that will be automatically shrunken in most browsers.

notlightnin wrote:

Greetings Earthlings!
Some of you may have noticed that the images in your signatures now appear stranger than they used to. We did this because we felt that threads with many boring signatures can become tedious to read. We've placed a trial limit of 1 boring word on the text and images used in signatures, so images more boring than that will be automatically stranger in most browsers.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wrkirk.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/6r5zk7.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2vtxr1t.png

#7 2009-10-23 17:02:54

hamsandwitch678
Scratcher

greenflash wrote:

lightnin wrote:

Greetings Everyone!
Some of you may have noticed that the images in your signatures now appear smaller than they used to. We did this because we felt that threads with many large signatures can become difficult to read. We've placed a trial limit of 150 pixels on the height of images used in signatures, so images larger than that will be automatically shrunken in most browsers.

notlightnin wrote:

Greetings Earthlings!
Some of you may have noticed that the images in your signatures now appear stranger than they used to. We did this because we felt that threads with many boring signatures can become tedious to read. We've placed a trial limit of 1 boring word on the text and images used in signatures, so images more boring than that will be automatically stranger in most browsers.

LOL!

#8 2009-10-23 17:14:15

jacool
Scratcher

Greenflash's is the funniest so far, I'll post one soon  smile
(if I find one)

Last edited by jacool (2009-10-23 17:15:18)

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/JacobKar/svensktiger-1.png

#9 2009-10-23 17:42:02

06dknibbs
Scratcher

andresmh wrote:

We are looking for suggestions of projects to be included in the next Scratch release as sample projects. As you probably know, Scratch comes with sample projects that help beginners learn from others as well as see the potential that Scratch offers.

The categories for sample projects will probably be very similar (but not necessarily the same) to the current ones: Animation, Games, Interactive Art, Music and Dance, Names, Simulations, Speak Up.

These are the guidelines:

- The code should be clear and easy to understand.
- We are looking to have a diversity of projects: from simple to advanced.
- Smaller file sizes are preferred.
- No copyrighted images or sounds. This means that we want projects that use original images and sounds created by Scratch members or that are part of the public domain (example: a picture of the Mona Lisa for example).

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated but there is no guarantee the projects will be included especially because the deadline is in a few days.

Post the links to the projects not only the names.

Thanks on behalf of the Scratch Team.

Becomes...

Andresmh wrote:

We are rejecting all suggestions of agents to be included in the next Top Secret release as agent spies. As you probably don't know, our Top Secret Plan comes with rubbish agents that laugh at experts, ignore others as well as see the little potential that the Plan offers.

The categories for rubbish Agents that aren't being chose will probably be very different (but not necessarily sane) to the current ones we never had: Piggy bank robbing, Siting on a park bench, Interactive Age 100+ Darts, Biscuits and Ants, Names That Make Little Sense, Garbage Sims and Speak Left.

These are NOT the guidelines:

- The mission should be obvious (duh!) and complicated.
- We are not looking to have a diversity of missions: from plain silly to aim silly.
- Large files that will require a lot of work are a MUST!
- Copyrighted images or sounds. This means that we don't want missions that use original images and sounds created by Secret Agent members or that are part of the Secret domain (example: a picture of the neighbors dog.)

Your suggestions will be greatly ignored but there is no chance at all, the Agents will be included in the Mission. Especially because the deadline is in a few millenniums.

Do Not Post the Aardvarks to the Mission.

Get me a coffee on behalf of the Scratch Team Of Doom!.

Last edited by 06dknibbs (2009-10-23 19:34:45)

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/06dknibbs/Untitled-3-6.jpg

#10 2009-10-23 19:30:40

greenflash
Scratcher

jacool wrote:

Greenflash's is the funniest so far, I'll post one soon  smile
(if I find one)

Really? I didn't think it was that great. I like 06knibbs's!

andresmh wrote:

I am looking for stories about remixing. Please help me by posting a story of yours or  that you know about.

I have divided it in these categories:

1. Remix chains. These are very interesting because I think they started to be popular only after we put Top Remixed on the front page. These are the kind of projects that ask people to add something and remix or to support some cause by remixing.

2. Intentional Collaboration. This is typically the explicit remixing between two or more people who decide to build something together. Typically involves one person creating a project, someone else remixing it and then the first person adding something else. One example is the companies that created something collaboratively but it doesn't have to be a company it could be something else.

3. Serendipitous remix. This is when someone uploads a project and then someone else remixes it to make something different or improve it. An example of this is when JSO remixed archmage's Scratch Jr project.

4. Remix to annoy others. I am not so interested in stories like this one because I think I already have enough of them  smile   (One example was glough)

In your story it would help a lot if you post the link to the project or gallery and if you tell more about what you thought of it.

Thanks a lot!

notandresmh wrote:

I am looking for stones with moss on them. Please help me by posting where you found your mossy stone or a mossy stone that you know about.

I have divided it in these categories:

1. Barely Mossy Stones. These are very interesting because I think they can only just be called mossy. These are the kind of stones that make people ask "is that stone really mossy?".

2. Very Mossy Stones. This is typically the usuall type of mossy stones. Typically involves one rock, and someone's moss contaminating it with the moss adding something else. One example is the mossy stone that created moss that covered an entire room.

3. Serendipitously Mossy Stones. This is when someone puts moss on a stone then someone else takes it of or does something to it to make something different or improve it's mossy escence. An example of this is when JSO mossed up archmage's moss stone.

4. Annoyingly Mossy Stones. I am not so interested in stones like this one because I think I already have enough of them  smile   (One example was the moss ball stone)

In your stone it would help a lot if you give me a picture and if you tell more about what you thought of it.

Thanks a lot!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wrkirk.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/6r5zk7.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2vtxr1t.png

#11 2009-10-23 19:37:28

06dknibbs
Scratcher

Looking at these quotes, it would seem Andres has been making a lot of strange threads lately...

Is he feeling alright? xD

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/06dknibbs/Untitled-3-6.jpg

#12 2009-10-23 19:41:36

greenflash
Scratcher

06dknibbs wrote:

Looking at these quotes, it would seem Andres has been making a lot of strange threads lately...

I don't know... I think he lost it with

We have decided to eat the cookies mainly because of these two reasons:

2. I am hungry

wink

#13 2009-10-24 17:44:10

hamsandwitch678
Scratcher

greenflash wrote:

06dknibbs wrote:

I don't know... I think he lost it with

2. I am hungry

wink

Yeah....  Let's hope Paddle2See stays ok.

#14 2009-10-24 19:49:48

J0j2
Scratcher

hamsandwitch678 wrote:

greenflash wrote:

06dknibbs wrote:

Looking at these quotes, it wouldn't seem Andres did been making a lot of strange threads lately...

no... I think he lost it with the cookies.

2. I am hungry
3. I need some cheese.

wink

Yeah....  Let's hope Paddle2See stays lolness-y.

Happiness is a habit. You can help the world practice happiness a little more. Visit the 'Happiness List' below and post a list of 100 things that make you happy!
http://i.imgur.com/dMpk2.jpg?1?4499

Board footer