This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-10-16 15:44:21

J0j2
Scratcher

New Election Speeches and Nominees

THE NOMINEES ARE UP. YOU CANNOT RUN. YOU MAY NOW VOTE AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS! PLEASE VOTE BASED ON SPEECHES.

http://selectricity.org/quickvote/tbgelection

for results: http://selectricity.org/quickvote/tbgelection/results

W00T! POLLS OPEN UNTIL OCTOBER 31ST.

Currently on the list:

1. Dream-caster
2. Wiimaster
3. FantasyTales
4. J0j2
5. Nikkiperson2
6. Martianshark
7. Penguinsrock
8. filo5
9. 06dknibbs
10. iamrpk
11. Fg123
12. andriangl
13. Greenflash
14. Lucario621
15. njf
16. Vista4563
17. RobotKitty
18. dav09
19. DavidTy
20. hmlwilson
21. MKR
22. Samurai768

Last edited by J0j2 (2009-10-22 08:23:48)

Happiness is a habit. You can help the world practice happiness a little more. Visit the 'Happiness List' below and post a list of 100 things that make you happy!
http://i.imgur.com/dMpk2.jpg?1?4499

#2 2009-10-16 15:45:35

J0j2
Scratcher

Re: New Election Speeches and Nominees

Speeches:

martianshark wrote:

I would like to be a TBG moderator because I would help censor it a lot, I know what innapripriate stuff is, I am not innapropriate myself,  I am active, and I like the TBG. Please vote for me.

Penguinsrock wrote:

Here's my speech:
I think I shall be a forum mod because I can fix fights. Everybody gets into one though right? We all make mistakes, and I know to fix mine and to fix others. I know quite a deal about scratch and have only been on for only 7 - 1 year. I go on scratch whenever I don't have school. Other's should be able to cover those 5hrs. 45 mins. for me right? It's quite common now for moderate swears, so I'd just substitute those/use another symbol(e.g: shizz/$hit). I'd change that if we're supposed to censor completely. I'm very good with persuading(though I might not be right now), and I can help in many more than these ways!

wiimaster wrote:

I would like to be a forum mod because i go on scratch every day, mainly TBG, I won't ever take sides in arguments, I know what innapropriate things are, and i think i would be helpful. I would actually moderate and calm down fights and stuff. I have also been on scratch for at least a year, and i think i am sensable enough to be a mod.

nikkiperson2 wrote:

Well I've been on Scratch since 2007, and I really like the TBG. Whenever I have never started/caused/contributed to a Flame War, and I am NOT biased (I.E. if one of my friends is spamming, I won't call them out on it just because they're my friend; I'll give them a warning, just like everyone else.) I spend a lot of time in the TBG, so I'll always be on the lookout, and I'm fair   smile

FantasyTales wrote:

this is why i should become a moderator

I first came to the scratch site in the year 2008, what I saw here was a friendly group of supportive people who worked on making the best games that they could.  this was a great group of people, everyone was very accepting and I Was adding people to my friends all the time.  I later discovered the forums and got to see some more people too, the entire time I was striving to get the frotn page because I really wanted the popularity.  well to this day I have only achieved it twice, once was an advertisement and the second was because lanie added one of my projects to her favorites when she was curator (thnx lanie)  but I have never really gotten what I really want and that was number one top loved (on the front page)  I think this is something everyone strives for.  but you know I realised something.  as much as fame is great and everyone wants to be famous you gotta look back on the little things.  i've recieved comments saying that my games were incredible, amazing, and I've recieved comments saying that they were awful and that they could do better in their sleep, the hurtful comments hurt but when someone says great job its a great feelin, and I always try to reply to people hwen they comment on my work.  So the main reason i think scratch is awesome is because it teaches you lessons like that.  how no matter how tough the world is as long as you have people supporting you you can make it through anything.  and you know what for all the people who have had their games insulted, who have been told they * at scratch.  well you know what, you may be bad at programming or stuff like that, but think about this, everyone has been bad at something at some point, people aren't born great, people are made great by never giving up and working hard.  look at me, im an ok programmer, but i started out programming simple games where all you could do was move a car left to right, don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something because you always can and if you try then you will! 
I believe in the Scratch community, I believe that I can be mature and make good decisions that will help out scratchers, I believe that I should be the NEW TEXT BASED GAMES MODERATOR!"

Dream-Caster wrote:

Re: The closing of the text-based games forums (in 1 week)
I would like to be a mod for the following reasons,

1 I have experience moderating on some forums,
2 I been on scratch for awhile on some other accounts before this one and I flag inappropriate stuff any chance i get,
3 I am on scratch every day.

I have watch scratch grow and I showed my friend Dolfus555 scratch and he created the best project ever on top loved with over one thousand love its.Super mario galaxy,although he has moved on to xbox live XD hahaha. I have made many friends BEFORE they became "famous".I plan to stay on Scratch for awhile and I don't plan on leaving.Text based forums was most likely the best thing that happened to this site (besides the curse filters) and I love role-playing.I been role-playing ever since i signed up on neopets so i would like to encourage the recreation of this forum and might possibly help by being a moderator.

:U

J0j2 wrote:

I am J0j2, and I have been scratching for about 2 years now. I would really love to be a moderator because I spend lots of time on scratch, check the forums daily and I'm alright at the program itself. I would be overjoyed to become a moderator, because I love the forums.

some more reasons: I get along well with other scratchers, I am intouch with lots of things that go on in scratch. (look! I'm trying to get a mod position!) I went to scratch day (I don't really think that counts though.). I do have some good leadership qualities.

I like to help out in scratch -like helping lead the election lol- PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!!!!  smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile  <- wall of smilies!!

06dknibbs wrote:

^_^ I realised I havn't exactly explained why I chose to try for a moderating postiton  smile

Well simply because I spend a lot of my time on the internet these days, and a lot of that time on the Scratch forums. After being a member for around 2 years, I feel it would be nice to help if possible. I also moderate a small thread like place, which makes me feel helpful and can be rather fun at times ^_^ and while I tend to like fun, I have a reasonable knowledge of what goes where, what's spam/offensive/inappropriate etc:

And that is my reason (kinda  big_smile ).

iamrpk wrote:

I would like to help keep it alive by becoming a moderator on the site. I am very disappointed that the TBG have been removed, so I want to help keep the new site alive by keeping ANY inappropriate things out. I think part of the reason TBG is being removed because of the arguments to keep/get rid of it. I have been on scratch for a while now and I think I can handle being a moderator to help keep scratch am online kid-friendly community.

fg123 wrote:

I would also like to be mod in the new tbg forum because I think I am fair and appropriate. And I go on scratch every day and post at least 2 posts per day. I am willing to use my time to moderate scratch tbg.

BTW,off-topic: My new TBG forum: http://scratch-tbg.host22.com/

adriangl wrote:

I would like to be a moderator of the new forum. I check the forums just about every day, I have been a user for over 2 years, and I have been a moderator on a very active forum before. I also know how to moderate, I hate flames and I will try to control them, and I will make sure that there is no spam.

Lucario621 wrote:

Heres my speech, because you didn't add it:

I'd like to run for mod of Text-based games. I've been on scratch from the beggining, October 3rd 2007 a while after the website came out, and since them, I have been active, almost every day actually, and I feel that I have lots of experience for doing watching the personality of the community, and how to keep it safe.

Though my years in the forums, I've learned from moderators how to be kind, what language is ok and what not, and I've learned how to handle problems in a kind way with this community, so I feel I'd make a good canditdate. I've worked on many different collaborations, I'm a good person with good grammar to solve problems with out people confused with what I'm saying, so I feel I'd be a great help to keep the text-based games problem-free = )

In addition, I've been do both the Scratch Meetup, and Scratch Day, both at MIT, just to prove I am dedicated.

Vouch Lucario621, for mod of Text-Based Games

greenflash wrote:

I voluenteered! Please add me  smile
Here's my speech:

I'd like to put my name up for being a moderator. My main reasons are because I like to help people; I scour through posts in All about scratch looking to help people  smile , I wouldn't mind going though the forums, as I do that every time I am on scratch, and although I am not a moderator now, I have been trying to do my best for the website by reporting bad posts. I know I haven't been on scratch for very long, but I'd like to have a chance to do something more for the website.

I'm fine if you don't choose me, but I would appriciate if you chose me  smile

Thanks!
smile

filo5 wrote:

Add this:

Why I'd like to be a mod?
Mostly because I liked this forum very much, and I know that when the game is good, people won't start a flame war (maybe except few persons, but I won't name any names at this point). I also want to do something for the role players, because I know what it's like - I was a game master in each and every RPG in my class in primary school. I know that a well-directed game can be really addicting. And of course, I'm one of those reasonable people who won't stick their own games. No. I'd like to create a Game of the Week spot, where community suggests their favourite games and we -- talking of Scratch Text-Based Games team -- choose the featured game for the week every Monday (voting would be on weekend).

Posted on 14th page of closing announcement.

njf wrote:

njf wrote:

You forgot me. *points to sig*
I would like to be a mod for the new website because i am kind and fair. I am on scratch at least once a day. i will not be bias, or take advantage of my power. I am willing to help the scratch.
Thanks -njf

Can you please add me to the list?

My Speech:

I, Vista4563, am running for a floating moderator position in the means of TBG. I have proper English and can help Scratch users resolve their problems--peacefully. I HATE SPAM and FLAMES. I would gladly get rid of "it" if given the permission. I will also censor project links that contain uncensored vulgar terms (and flag the project), manage bad words on the forums that are uncensored, and reduce the amount of bullying done on the forums. I'm not biased, and want Scratch to be a fun, friendly, and overall enjoyable project. This is why I am running for a floating moderator position or higher.

RobotKitty wrote:

And thus, a robotic kitty will join the election. FALCONN PAWWNCH!

Back to more serious (maybe) matters:
I think I would make a good moderator for the new TBG page on scratch because:
I'm on a lot- Nah TON fits the description.
Well... Hmm I only spend most my time in the forums.
When i'm in the forums I'm always RPGing or Playing other people's games
Hmm... well I guess I would say i've been on scratch for 5 months; But i do have a account I started more than 1 years ago (True) so i've seen scratch long.
My whole life is wasted in the TBG, Why not I waste it helping people?
Like 3000 of my posts are from the TBG (lol XD)
Another reason:
I have had Moderator experience on a site called "playcrafter". They have a chatroom AND forums. I do know how hard it is, especially for a chatroom that goes on 24/7/52. I do handle the forums ever so often there but I was put on Chat duty.

dav09 wrote:

i would like to become a mod of the new tbg because i would be good to help the scratch community. I like scratch very much and i would be honored to become a mod. I would really like to help and be trusted enough by the community. I could help pick good mods. the tbg is gone later and i would really help
why vote me: i would try help and fight spam
what i have done already:
helped lots of users, reported spams, welcomed users, complimented users,cheered people up....... more and more could be listed
what i will do:try not hurt peole when spaming, give them support, stop flamed wars, post and respect others.I will also do alot more and help alot
So vote dav09

DavidTy wrote:

I would like to moderate the new TBG. I’ve done my best in the past to dissolving disputes before they get too far, I also try to see both sides of the argument and me unbiased in my judgment. I’m on Scratch for at least One hour each day already but if I find it requires more time it should not be a problem to contribute more. I would appreciate any support if anyone thinks I would make a good mod, thanks!  smile

hmnwilson wrote:

I volunteer to help moderate. I've been a user since '07, I log on to scratch every chance I get, and I've helped settle arguments in the past.

I would only use the moderating powers if necessary, and when necessary. I won't let spamming, attacking users/name-calling, swearing, etc. just go by. When arguments start, I try to find a solution that makes both sides happy without biasing.

Thank you for your time.  wink

MKR wrote:

Vote me! I would love to be moderator. I am a dedicated worker, and have been voted by my classmates: Most Responsible, Hardest Worker, and many more. I am very honest and would fufill my duties to scratch. I feel as if I need to give to back to the community, and this would be an honor. I am always on Scratch, and love to help. I am always available for service, and I could easily be a great pick! It wouldn't hurt my studies, I am a straight A student, and have been "Student of the Quarter" for 6 years running. Again, I would be honored. Please consider in choosing me for TBG Moderator. I will be posting that I would like to in my sig. Again, always happy to help!

Thanks for reading,
                             and please vote me,
                                 MKR

samurai768 wrote:

please add me  smile

here i quote myself:

Please, vouch for me.
I have alot of free time, and I usually use it on the forums.

I would make sure that the forums were a safe place (no flame wars, no swearing) and that it would still be fun.

and iz wanna be a mod XD (jk it really want to make scratch a better place)

Last edited by J0j2 (2009-10-20 18:18:29)

Happiness is a habit. You can help the world practice happiness a little more. Visit the 'Happiness List' below and post a list of 100 things that make you happy!

#3 2009-10-16 15:50:57

06dknibbs
Scratcher

^_^ I realised I havn't exactly explained why I chose to try for a moderating postiton  smile

Well simply because I spend a lot of my time on the internet these days, and a lot of that time on the Scratch forums. After being a member for around 2 years, I feel it would be nice to help if possible. I also moderate a small thread like place, which makes me feel helpful and can be rather fun at times ^_^ and while I tend to like fun, I have a reasonable knowledge of what goes where, what's spam/offensive/inappropriate etc:

And that is my reason (kinda  big_smile ).

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/06dknibbs/Untitled-3-6.jpg

#4 2009-10-16 15:52:47

J0j2
Scratcher

Nice. Its up now! Thank you for your contribution.

#5 2009-10-16 16:00:24

steppenwulf
Scratcher

If elected moderator, I will quail all herecy against the Scratch community! *evil laughter*

this is a fake speech btw. I'm running for being a real moderator (I have vouches from MRN cheddargirl, and 3 or four other people)  big_smile

I'm graduating HS this April and going to college in the Fall.

#6 2009-10-16 16:04:53

06dknibbs
Scratcher

*Hands vouch*

You also have one from me now  big_smile

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/06dknibbs/Untitled-3-6.jpg

#7 2009-10-16 16:30:42

steppenwulf
Scratcher

Thanks  big_smile

I'm graduating HS this April and going to college in the Fall.

#8 2009-10-16 16:45:12

deatheater
Scratcher

adriangl

ashbyr1

cocoanut

DavidTy

dav09

demosthenes

Dream-Caster

FantasyTales

fg123

fruit

greenflash

hamsandwitch678

hmnwilson

iamrpk

J0j2

Lucario621

Magnie

Mini_Mi

Mozaz

nikkiperson2

njf

Penguinsrock

pika100chu

pinochio

RobotKitty

steppenwulf

The-Whiz

wiimaster

06dknibbs

ok that's MRN's list of candidates, I'll get their reasons shortly if you want  smile

#9 2009-10-16 16:48:10

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

deatheater wrote:

adriangl

ashbyr1

cocoanut

DavidTy

dav09

demosthenes

Dream-Caster

FantasyTales

fg123

fruit

greenflash

hamsandwitch678

hmnwilson

iamrpk

J0j2

Lucario621

Magnie

Mini_Mi

Mozaz

nikkiperson2

njf

Penguinsrock

pika100chu

pinochio

RobotKitty

steppenwulf

The-Whiz

wiimaster

06dknibbs

ok that's MRN's list of candidates, I'll get their reasons shortly if you want  smile

fruit, The-Whiz, Lucario621, demosthenes, and hmnwilson are the best candidates from that list in my opinion.

#10 2009-10-16 16:53:20

J0j2
Scratcher

deatheater wrote:

adriangl

ashbyr1

cocoanut

DavidTy

dav09

demosthenes

Dream-Caster

FantasyTales

fg123

fruit

greenflash

hamsandwitch678

hmnwilson

iamrpk

J0j2

Lucario621

Magnie

Mini_Mi

Mozaz

nikkiperson2

njf

Penguinsrock

pika100chu

pinochio

RobotKitty

steppenwulf

The-Whiz

wiimaster

06dknibbs

Ok. Thanks!

#11 2009-10-16 18:48:08

iamrpk
Scratcher

I'll run  smile

iamrpk wrote:

I would like to help keep it alive by becoming a moderator on the site. I am very disappointed that the TBG have been removed, so I want to help keep the new site alive by keeping ANY inappropriate things out. I think part of the reason TBG is being removed because of the arguments to keep/get rid of it. I have been on scratch for a while now and I think I can handle being a moderator to help keep scratch am online kid-friendly community.

http://www.punbb-hosting.com/forums/AwesomeBooks911Forum/index.php

#12 2009-10-16 19:13:28

Dream-Caster
Scratcher

Stickied?COOL!

sgfdg

#13 2009-10-16 19:13:49

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

You should make sure to update your first post as you find the posts of people who are missing from the list.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#14 2009-10-16 19:15:33

Dream-Caster
Scratcher

Yeah we don't want anyone to feel left out  big_smile

sgfdg

#15 2009-10-16 19:17:26

The-Whiz
Scratcher

I've been on Scratch for over 2 years, and I'd like to help out on the Scratch website. I'm on a lot, so it shouldn't be hard for me to moderate. I'd enjoy helping out, and I think that I would be a good moderator.

#16 2009-10-16 19:21:49

Dream-Caster
Scratcher

Great!I'm glad this was stickied  big_smile  now more people can know about and enter the election.It will be more organized then last time now.

sgfdg

#17 2009-10-16 19:24:06

adriangl
Scratcher

I would like to be a moderator of the new forum. I check the forums just about every day, I have been a user for over 2 years, and I have been a moderator on a very active forum before. I also know how to moderate, I hate flames and I will try to control them, and I will make sure that there is no spam.

Scratchin' since 2007

#18 2009-10-16 19:27:44

wiimaster
Scratcher

Dream-Caster

FantasyTales

fruit

greenflash

J0j2

Mozaz

nikkiperson2

The-Whiz

those are who i would like to be mods. id also like myself to be one too  tongue

im not saying anything bad about anyone i didnt pick.

i still dont think we should have an 'election'. i think everyone should be welcome to be a mod, no matter what anyone else thinks. unless they really are a bad person. and there will probably be multiple mods, not just one we must choose.

Last edited by wiimaster (2009-10-16 19:29:34)

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#19 2009-10-16 19:44:05

njf
Scratcher

I would like to be a mod for the new website because i am kind and fair. I am on scratch at least once a day. i will not be bias, or take advantage of my power. I am willing to help the scratch.
Thanks -njf

http://i49.tinypic.com/5xr8dj.jpg

#20 2009-10-16 19:53:38

fg123
Scratcher

I would also like to be mod in the new tbg forum because I think I am fair and appropriate. And I go on scratch every day and post at least 2 posts per day. I am willing to use my time to moderate scratch tbg.

BTW,off-topic: My new TBG forum: http://scratch-tbg.host22.com/

Hai.

#21 2009-10-16 19:54:05

adriangl
Scratcher

njf wrote:

Thanks -njf

That speech would be a little more convincing if you had done it properly(used capital letters).

Scratchin' since 2007

#22 2009-10-16 20:02:48

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Heres my speech, because you didn't add it:

I'd like to run for mod of Text-based games. I've been on scratch from the beggining, October 3rd 2007 a while after the website came out, and since them, I have been active, almost every day actually, and I feel that I have lots of experience for doing watching the personality of the community, and how to keep it safe.

Though my years in the forums, I've learned from moderators how to be kind, what language is ok and what not, and I've learned how to handle problems in a kind way with this community, so I feel I'd make a good canditdate. I've worked on many different collaborations, I'm a good person with good grammar to solve problems with out people confused with what I'm saying, so I feel I'd be a great help to keep the text-based games problem-free = )

In addition, I've been do both the Scratch Meetup, and Scratch Day, both at MIT, just to prove I am dedicated.

Vouch Lucario621, for mod of Text-Based Games

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#23 2009-10-16 20:04:26

njf
Scratcher

adriangl wrote:

njf wrote:

Thanks -njf

That speech would be a little more convincing if you had done it properly(used capital letters).

I would like to be a mod for the new website because I am kind and fair. I am on scratch at least once a day. I will not be bias, or take advantage of my power. I am willing to help the scratch.

People these days, so picky.....

Last edited by njf (2009-10-16 20:05:49)

http://i49.tinypic.com/5xr8dj.jpg

#24 2009-10-16 20:16:25

greenflash
Scratcher

I voluenteered! Please add me  smile
Here's my speech:

I'd like to put my name up for being a moderator. My main reasons are because I like to help people; I scour through posts in All about scratch looking to help people  smile , I wouldn't mind going though the forums, as I do that every time I am on scratch, and although I am not a moderator now, I have been trying to do my best for the website by reporting bad posts. I know I haven't been on scratch for very long, but I'd like to have a chance to do something more for the website.

I'm fine if you don't choose me, but I would appriciate if you chose me  smile

Thanks!
smile

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wrkirk.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/6r5zk7.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2vtxr1t.png

#25 2009-10-16 20:28:46

FantasyTales
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

Dream-Caster

FantasyTales

fruit

greenflash

J0j2

Mozaz

nikkiperson2

The-Whiz

those are who i would like to be mods. id also like myself to be one too  tongue

im not saying anything bad about anyone i didnt pick.

i still dont think we should have an 'election'. i think everyone should be welcome to be a mod, no matter what anyone else thinks. unless they really are a bad person. and there will probably be multiple mods, not just one we must choose.

thanks man!

http://ageofthefuture.ismywebsite.com/images/dg_sig_2_small.png
http://images.myadoptables.com/adopted/2340.pnghttp://images.myadoptables.com/adopted/2339.png

Board footer