This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#101 2009-10-14 21:08:00

TheSaint
Scratcher

Re: The Pokémon Center: Tournaments, Trades, and Battles

floatingmagictree wrote:

TheSaint wrote:

I am really angry at my swampwert for dieing on me. If it had survived, I would have won.  sad

Nah, my Tyranitar(BangiraRex) is just that awesome. He could take out your Swampert in a single hit.

He's my secret (and overpowered) weapon that can take out a whole team if he wanted too. I just use him as a last resort. His entire strategy is flawed if he goes out first.

I was hoping that a surf could take him out. Unless he was traine din speed, Swampy would have hit first, and done some damage. Unfortuantly, my Terminator has not evolved yet, so he wasn't ever in the running. Its funny, his speed is much better than his attack. Around Lvl 30, Speed 99 and Attack 90.

#102 2009-10-15 07:19:52

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

TheSaint wrote:

floatingmagictree wrote:

TheSaint wrote:

I am really angry at my swampwert for dieing on me. If it had survived, I would have won.  sad

Nah, my Tyranitar(BangiraRex) is just that awesome. He could take out your Swampert in a single hit.

He's my secret (and overpowered) weapon that can take out a whole team if he wanted too. I just use him as a last resort. His entire strategy is flawed if he goes out first.

I was hoping that a surf could take him out. Unless he was traine din speed, Swampy would have hit first, and done some damage. Unfortuantly, my Terminator has not evolved yet, so he wasn't ever in the running. Its funny, his speed is much better than his attack. Around Lvl 30, Speed 99 and Attack 90.

Do ya like the new title?

#103 2009-10-15 12:41:00

djm111
Scratcher

Ready if anyone wants to play.

Also, urhungry, I intend to end that flawless streak. Whenever we're both online, it's on.
@TheSaint: NEVER try to use Special attacks like Surf to take out a Tyranitar. It has statistically high Special Defense, which is boosted a further 50% by the Sandstorm. You'd have been better off using Waterfall, as it would have been far more effective.
Tyranitar is practically unstoppable until it meets the dead end which is a fast statusing pokemon, or a strong physical fighting type move like close combat.
Generally you should try get a faster fighting type pokemon with High Attack to use a STAB Close Combat or Cross Chop. Tyranitar doesn't fare well against them because of his double weakness to fighting type moves.

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/Dazzamcgazza/sig.png

#104 2009-10-15 12:44:46

Mr_X
Scratcher

How would a level 100 Ampharos do?

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8656/exveemonc.gif The rules of the internet:
1) Every woman is a man    2) Every man is a child    3) Every child is an FBI agent                                        I have psychopathic tendencies. Be afraid

#105 2009-10-15 12:46:42

djm111
Scratcher

Mr_X wrote:

How would a level 100 Ampharos do?

Depends on it's EV's and moveset. If you want to see how good your team is, then you can post your FC and battle me.
EDIT: If you meant how a level 100 Ampharos would do against a Tyranitar, then assuming both are at the same level and being used in a competitive environment, Ampharos doesn't really stand much of a chance. Tyranitar is just statistically better, with a better moveset and a lot more power.

Last edited by djm111 (2009-10-15 13:08:39)

#106 2009-10-15 15:21:34

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

djm111 wrote:

Ready if anyone wants to play.

Also, urhungry, I intend to end that flawless streak. Whenever we're both online, it's on.
@TheSaint: NEVER try to use Special attacks like Surf to take out a Tyranitar. It has statistically high Special Defense, which is boosted a further 50% by the Sandstorm. You'd have been better off using Waterfall, as it would have been far more effective.
Tyranitar is practically unstoppable until it meets the dead end which is a fast statusing pokemon, or a strong physical fighting type move like close combat.
Generally you should try get a faster fighting type pokemon with High Attack to use a STAB Close Combat or Cross Chop. Tyranitar doesn't fare well against them because of his double weakness to fighting type moves.

His Infernape had Close Combat, but it had fainted long before I sent out BangiraRex.

@TheSaint: You should rename your Gabite from "Terminator" to "IsagoRyuu". Isago means sand, and Ryuu is a way of saying dragon in Japanese. Everything sounds cooler in Japanese  tongue

#107 2009-10-15 15:45:46

djm111
Scratcher

Anyone want to battle?

#108 2009-10-15 15:46:18

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

djm111 wrote:

Anyone want to battle?

Oooooh!!!! Me!!! Me!!!!!

#109 2009-10-15 15:47:18

djm111
Scratcher

floatingmagictree wrote:

djm111 wrote:

Anyone want to battle?

Oooooh!!!! Me!!! Me!!!!!

OK, now going on, added your fc.

#110 2009-10-15 15:47:41

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

djm111 wrote:

floatingmagictree wrote:

djm111 wrote:

Anyone want to battle?

Oooooh!!!! Me!!! Me!!!!!

OK, now going on, added your fc.

kk

#111 2009-10-15 16:04:22

djm111
Scratcher

Good game. Groudon > Tyranitar, lol

#112 2009-10-15 16:04:40

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

djm111 wrote:

Good game. Groudon > Tyranitar, lol

Meh.

#113 2009-10-15 16:06:29

djm111
Scratcher

Your Dragonite was EV'd well, it was bulky enough to survive Dragon Claw but strong enough to KO Groudon.

#114 2009-10-15 16:07:18

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

djm111 wrote:

Your Dragonite was EV'd well, it was bulky enough to survive Dragon Claw but strong enough to KO Groudon.

MixNite is awesome. Let's just leave it at that.

Last edited by floatingmagictree (2009-10-15 16:12:42)

#115 2009-10-15 16:09:50

djm111
Scratcher

floatingmagictree wrote:

djm111 wrote:

Yeah.
You probably should've specified OU's or Ubers because otherwise I have no sportsmanly soul and go straight for Ubers.

#116 2009-10-15 16:13:30

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

djm111 wrote:

floatingmagictree wrote:

djm111 wrote:

Yeah.
You probably should've specified OU's or Ubers because otherwise I have no sportsmanly soul and go straight for Ubers.

I don't really care what pokemon I'm playing against, as long as they didn't hack it to have like perfect 31 IV's on each stat.

What's weird is that Dragonite is of the Mild nature (+Sp.ATK -DEF). If it had a different nature, say Rash nature (+Sp.ATK -Sp.DEF) and assuming it has the same IV's and everything, it would have resisted Groudon's Dragon Claw more.

Last edited by floatingmagictree (2009-10-15 16:15:28)

#117 2009-10-15 16:19:50

djm111
Scratcher

floatingmagictree wrote:

djm111 wrote:

floatingmagictree wrote:

Yeah.

I don't really care what pokemon I'm playing against, as long as they didn't hack it to have like perfect 31 IV's on each stat.

What's weird is that Dragonite is of the Mild nature (+Sp.ATK -DEF). If it had a different nature, say Rash nature (+Sp.ATK -Sp.DEF) and assuming it has the same IV's and everything, it would have resisted Groudon's Dragon Claw more.

lol, maybe I should look into getting a Dragonite. And 31 in every IV is pointless, seens as that prevents you from getting half of the Hidden Powers you want.
atm, the only pokemon I particularly want is an UT, non EV trained Arceus though, preferably Modest Nature.

#118 2009-10-15 16:25:33

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

djm111 wrote:

floatingmagictree wrote:

djm111 wrote:

Yeah.

lol, maybe I should look into getting a Dragonite. And 31 in every IV is pointless, seens as that prevents you from getting half of the Hidden Powers you want.
atm, the only pokemon I particularly want is an UT, non EV trained Arceus though, preferably Modest Nature.

And what are you offering?

ALSO, you guys can write guides now! Just put one together, and I'll link to the post on the first post.

Last edited by floatingmagictree (2009-10-15 16:26:07)

#119 2009-10-15 16:32:56

djm111
Scratcher

Ask away, I have most things and can get stuff bred easily.

I want to try my own Arceus set:

Nature: Modest
Item: Spooky Plate
EV's: 252 SPATK, 252 HP, 6 SPD
Moves:
Judgement
Heat Wave
Cosmic Power
Recover

Cosmic Power lets Arceus boost himself to obscene levels of defense while easily recovering damage with recover. Judgement and Heat Wave give a combination of Ghost / Fire type moves which hit most for at least neutral damage. I like Ghost Type as well because of it's two immunities.

#120 2009-10-15 16:42:15

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

djm111 wrote:

Ask away, I have most things and can get stuff bred easily.

I want to try my own Arceus set:

Nature: Modest
Item: Spooky Plate
EV's: 252 SPATK, 252 HP, 6 SPD
Moves:
Judgement
Heat Wave
Cosmic Power
Recover

Cosmic Power lets Arceus boost himself to obscene levels of defense while easily recovering damage with recover. Judgement and Heat Wave give a combination of Ghost / Fire type moves which hit most for at least neutral damage. I like Ghost Type as well because of it's two immunities.

Say, can you get me an Impish nature beldum then? I don't have an arceus I can trade away, but I do have some other valuable pokes.

#121 2009-10-15 16:51:31

djm111
Scratcher

djm111’s Guide To Breeding!

Breeding is a quintessential part of the competitive pokemon environment. Breeding is used to get pokemon with better Natures, IV’s (Individual Values), and Egg Moves which can only be obtained through breeding.

Two pokemon will breed if they are different genders and in the same Egg Group (Go to serebii for a list of egg groups). The only exception to this is Ditto, which will breed with pokemon in any egg group. Some pokemon, mainly legendaries, cannot breed. There are also some pokemon which are in two egg groups. In the case of cross breeding pokemon, the pokemon is always the same as the mother

When two Pokemon breed, 3 IV’s are selected at random from each parent. Each parent can contribute the same IV, in which case the highest IV is used. Any IV’s not contributed are automatically set to 0.

Egg Moves
When Pokemon breed, they can sometimes pass on moves to the child Pokemon. These are called Egg Moves. Only the father can pass on Egg Moves.
For instance, if you bred a Male Gyarados which knew Hydro Pump, with a female Salamence, the baby Bagon would have Hydro Pump, a move which it could not otherwise learn.

Hopefully this will help users breed properly to obtain the highest quality pokemon for training.

#122 2009-10-15 16:52:07

TheSaint
Scratcher

Wanna battle?

DJm, I will keep that in mind when I get my real Swampwert. This is just one of the starters I had, It only has surf.

One more question. Is a 100 EV'ed in speed Infernape really faster than any other pokemon EVed speed? I read that somwhere and would be extremely useful for me.

#123 2009-10-15 16:54:12

djm111
Scratcher

TheSaint wrote:

Wanna battle?

DJm, I will keep that in mind when I get my real Swampwert. This is just one of the starters I had, It only has surf.

One more question. Is a 100 EV'ed in speed Infernape really faster than any other pokemon EVed speed? I read that somwhere and would be extremely useful for me.

No. Deoxys-S and Ninjask are faster than that for definite, whoever posted that was wrong.

#124 2009-10-15 16:58:19

TheSaint
Scratcher

djm111 wrote:

TheSaint wrote:

Wanna battle?

No. Deoxys-S and Ninjask are faster than that for definite, whoever posted that was wrong.

But thats it? Just those two? DEoxys-S is rare, and Ninjask will die anyways from an Infernape Easy.

Like I said I can battle now. I need to be whooped again.  tongue

#125 2009-10-15 17:04:15

djm111
Scratcher

TheSaint wrote:

djm111 wrote:

TheSaint wrote:

Wanna battle?

But thats it? Just those two? DEoxys-S is rare, and Ninjask will die anyways from an Infernape Easy.

Like I said I can battle now. I need to be whooped again.  tongue

There's plenty more faster, I just named the two FASTEST.

INfernape isn't slow though.
I'll be right on to battle.

Board footer