This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#126 2009-10-13 21:19:44

Maki-Tak
Scratcher

Re: The closing of the text-based games forums (in 1 week)

insanepoptart wrote:

no... it's not just a forum... it's a place where friends can have fun!!!! and stay in contact!!! and.... *sniff* FORGET IT!!!! here i go crying.... and you won't believe me (and i never say it so i don't hurt anyone) but here go my flare ups!!!!! and if you don't believe me I DON'T EVEN CARE!!!!! *runs away crying*

Oh yeah, I remember the Crohn's disease fad.  tongue

Sorry, but I've NEVER cried about Scratch. Losing 3 bucks maybe (long story) but you can still RPG in your gallery, so what's the problem?

http://i.cubeupload.com/zZE0XJ.png

#127 2009-10-13 21:20:20

RobotKitty
Scratcher

floatingmagictree wrote:

coolstuff wrote:

floatingmagictree wrote:

If some people who are already mods threaten to ban them, this problem will be solved.

"Threaten to ban them?" That seems rather harsh. Just give them a friendly warning, no need for "threats."

I'd also like to formally withdraw from the race...

Hey, sometimes force is the answer to all your problems.

Seriously, think before you talk.

Everyone's argument is invalid. Your argument is invalid.

#128 2009-10-13 21:21:13

adriangl
Scratcher

It doesn't really matter. The Scratch Team is making a new TBG, so...?

Scratchin' since 2007

#129 2009-10-13 21:21:56

insanepoptart
Scratcher

i just don't want to see all the memories and old post me and my friend made be thrown away like garbage..... *sigh* what''s the freaking point. my stomach is killing me now (but like anyone cares) and this is going to go anyway. bye... ;-;

#130 2009-10-13 21:22:28

RobotKitty
Scratcher

coolstuff wrote:

Wickimen wrote:

pplz! THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there will be MORE arguments when you delete it!!! RETHINK THIS!!

As yet, you're the only person who is insanely mad. Will you be the one starting that "Revolutionary Scratch War" or whatever you're calling it?

Frankly, TBG did nothing to contribute to the Scratch community and was a waste of moderators' time.

Eh, I would be called "The Scratch Civil War" since it would be a fight within a group of people AKA: TBG approvers and TBG disapprovers

#131 2009-10-13 21:24:18

RobotKitty
Scratcher

Dream-Caster wrote:

lol text-based games are going ok?Its been decided nothing can stop it.So enjoy it while its here.

Acually it can be stopped. I could simply break into the Scratch studio (or whatever you call it, office or something) and kill everyone inside the building. Thus the project would not happen and I would live to enjoy watching Scratch go down in flames of Proverty. Isn't that great?

#132 2009-10-13 21:26:42

insanepoptart
Scratcher

please..... if you support anything i said... remix. i you don't.... then you just aren't listening....
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/insanepoptart/716185

#133 2009-10-13 21:34:18

Maki-Tak
Scratcher

insanepoptart wrote:

please..... if you support anything i said... remix. i you don't.... then you just aren't listening....
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/insanepoptart/716185

It's already been decided that the text based games are going. If only you'd been here two weeks ago- there was a discussion on that.

NOTE: Everyone- PLEASE stop calling the Scratch Team jerks and idiots or whatever. (No, ipt, I'm not accusing you) Sorry, I know you're angry but try to be a little more mature.

#134 2009-10-13 21:35:40

insanepoptart
Scratcher

i know... but i get so angry... in real life everyone says i always look pi$$ed at them XD

#135 2009-10-13 21:35:46

Maki-Tak
Scratcher

RobotKitty wrote:

Dream-Caster wrote:

lol text-based games are going ok?Its been decided nothing can stop it.So enjoy it while its here.

Acually it can be stopped. I could simply break into the Scratch studio (or whatever you call it, office or something) and kill everyone inside the building. Thus the project would not happen and I would live to enjoy watching Scratch go down in flames of Proverty. Isn't that great?

And that would be the end of Scratch. Then I would sneak into your house with a cleaver >:3

#136 2009-10-13 21:38:21

Maki-Tak
Scratcher

insanepoptart wrote:

i know... but i get so angry... in real life everyone says i always look pi$$ed at them XD

(Going off topic here) poptart, my comment system isn't working so replying to your comments- Yes you can make a dancing icon X3 and I had trouble signing up too, you need to click login and when it says wrong password quickly click sign up before the window changes. (Going back on topic)

#137 2009-10-13 21:50:38

steppenwulf
Scratcher

Hope the Scratch team picks a couple of mods for the possible new forum site. If they don't, there is gonna be people trying to punish the Scratch team and mods by invading Inspiration and More. The thought of people rebeling is actualy kinda funny if you think about it.  lol

I'm graduating HS this April and going to college in the Fall.

#138 2009-10-13 21:55:08

Dream-Caster
Scratcher

Maki tak I think the cleaver is a little too far lol

sgfdg

#139 2009-10-13 22:11:21

RobotKitty
Scratcher

Maki-Tak wrote:

NOTE: Everyone- PLEASE stop calling the Scratch Team jerks and idiots or whatever. (No, ipt, I'm not accusing you) Sorry, I know you're angry but try to be a little more mature.

Well... Is there a accusation that will take us elsewhere Ms. Tak? If we want to call them jerks, we can. Or call them idiots, we can. Its part of living, we take people for jerks or idiots for some INEXCUSABLE actions like such.

That now concludes my Power point presentation. Wait... what?

#140 2009-10-13 22:35:41

samurai768
Scratcher

RobotKitty wrote:

Maki-Tak wrote:

Well... Is there a accusation that will take us elsewhere Ms. Tak? If we want to call them jerks, we can. Or call them idiots, we can. Its part of living, we take people for jerks or idiots for some INEXCUSABLE actions like such.

That now concludes my Power point presentation. Wait... what?

lol

#141 2009-10-13 22:49:50

illusionist
Retired Community Moderator

floatingmagictree wrote:

illusionist wrote:

I support the removal, but I have found serious problem.

TBG was created because because Inspiration and more was too cluttered up with forum games right? What if that happens again? Will we simply ban those topics? If so, I think the moderator work-overload may be just as massive. Would you "elect" a couple new moderators for that particular purpose?  hmm

If some people who are already mods threaten to ban them, this problem will be solved.

http://www.flashpointsocialmedia.com/Area51/Orion/Images/o_rly.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8LX1NrV.png

#142 2009-10-13 22:51:58

Maki-Tak
Scratcher

RobotKitty wrote:

If we want to call them jerks, we can. Or call them idiots, we can. Its part of living, we take people for jerks or idiots for some INEXCUSABLE actions like such.

I don't think that's a particularly good excuse. The Scratch Team INVENTED Scratch, and we should be happy. Don't make assumptions, nobody's an idiot.

And don't call me Ms.Tak >:P Lol.

Last edited by Maki-Tak (2009-10-13 22:52:22)

#143 2009-10-13 23:05:03

Dream-Caster
Scratcher

Were arguing over a forum moderator?Lol I'm chill.Nobody is an jerk or an idiot. I agree with grandma maki-tak.

sgfdg

#144 2009-10-14 01:44:06

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

BWOG wrote:

Thanks to JonathanB this is happening. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT ARE YOU THINKING SCRATCH TEAM???????????????????????????????????????

Yeah.  big_smile  Say that to the twenty and more supporters.

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#145 2009-10-14 01:50:05

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Hello, hello. Have any of you read the whole post by Andrés? He clearly states that the website will be made by the Scratch Team (read that), and that the website will be http://scratch.mit.edu/someotherforum (something like that). Pay attention please! I am tired of ignorant people.

The Scratch Team will be making the website, so please discard your other websites. Thank you.

Super-bold really helps.

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#146 2009-10-14 01:56:46

jacool
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

Hello, hello. Have any of you read the whole post by Andrés? He clearly states that the website will be made by the Scratch Team (read that), and that the website will be http://scratch.mit.edu/someotherforum (something like that). Pay attention please! I am tired of ignorant people.

The Scratch Team will be making the website, so please discard your other websites. Thank you.

Super-bold really helps.

Actually, you are allowed to makeown forums, but for everybody who wants to make a TBG for Scratch but outside of the Scratch website, sorry Scratch's own is bound to be more popular.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/JacobKar/svensktiger-1.png

#147 2009-10-14 02:00:41

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

jacool wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

Super-bold really helps.

Actually, you are allowed to makeown forums, but for everybody who wants to make a TBG for Scratch but outside of the Scratch website, sorry Scratch's own is bound to be more popular.

The official site should be made by the Scratch Team. And since it's probably going to be made, why make another site? The Text-Based Games still exist, you know.

-Charlotte Brontë

#148 2009-10-14 02:03:25

MyRedNeptune
Community Moderator

To save time for you guys, I made a list of all people who are running for mod.

adriangl

ashbyr1

cocoanut

DavidTy

deatheater

demosthenes

Dream-Caster

FantasyTales

fg123

fruit

greenflash

hamsandwitch678

hmnwilson

iamrpk

J0j2

Lucario621

Magnie

Mini_Mi

nikkiperson2

njf

Penguinsrock

pika100chu

pinochio

steppenwulf

The-Whiz

wiimaster

06dknibbs

If you are running for mod and are not included on this list, please ask me to add you.

http://i52.tinypic.com/5es7t0.png I know what you're thinking! "Neptune! Get rid of those filthy advertisements and give us back the Zarathustra siggy, you horrible person!" Well, don't worry about it, the Zara siggy will be back soon, new and improved! ^^ Meanwhile, just do what the sig tells you to. >.>

#149 2009-10-14 02:03:54

MyRedNeptune
Community Moderator

Once again, I vouch for The-Whiz and hmnwilson. Aldo, I'll vouch for adriangl.  wink

http://i52.tinypic.com/5es7t0.png I know what you're thinking! "Neptune! Get rid of those filthy advertisements and give us back the Zarathustra siggy, you horrible person!" Well, don't worry about it, the Zara siggy will be back soon, new and improved! ^^ Meanwhile, just do what the sig tells you to. >.>

#150 2009-10-14 02:03:54

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

illusionist wrote:

I support the removal, but I have found serious problem.

TBG was created because because Inspiration and more was too cluttered up with forum games right? What if that happens again? Will we simply ban those topics? If so, I think the moderator work-overload may be just as massive. Would you "elect" a couple new moderators for that particular purpose?  hmm

If you haven't read the post by Andrés, you won't know that there'll probably be a seperate website for the games. It'll be made if there's enough moderators for the site.

I have thought about this problem a long time ago.

1. It only takes five minutes a day to remove all of the games.
2. If it becomes neccessary, there can be a sticky saying that it isn't allowed to post games in Inspiration and More.

-Charlotte Brontë

Board footer