This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Suggestions
  •  » I suggest that text based games NOT be deleted!!!!!!

#26 2009-10-07 00:44:53

martianshark
Scratcher

Re: I suggest that text based games NOT be deleted!!!!!!

1. That's what the off topic section is for. There's no reason we can't do it here.
2. Why would I want to keep going back and forth in beetween the other site (if it exists) and Scratch? I find it much easier to simply go strait from a Scratch related topic to TBG.
3. Google what? A TBG site could have any random name. Why would I want to bother finding another site anyway.
4. Well if one exists, I haven't ever found it.
5. I know it's not a big reason, but it is a reason.

http://img.geocaching.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=martianshark&uid=e6cdc2c8-2476-4abd-9994-27f857396579&bg=1

#27 2009-10-07 15:56:23

TimeFreeze
Scratcher

Seriously, no one is listening to me.

The Random Forum was made by a scratch member, so it's just like a TBG Forum!

Link:
http://www.punbb-hosting.com/forums/TheRandomForum/

There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't. --[insert unrelated transition]-- GRANDILOQUENCE FTW!

#28 2009-10-07 23:44:27

martianshark
Scratcher

The Random forum isn't the same as Scratch. It has like 5 members and 1 or 2 games in every category. Really, why can't you just leave us alone?

http://img.geocaching.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=martianshark&uid=e6cdc2c8-2476-4abd-9994-27f857396579&bg=1

#29 2009-10-07 23:55:56

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

It's no use arguing with you guys. You just don't get it.  sad

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#30 2009-10-07 23:58:30

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

martianshark, you say that you don't know any other Text-Based Games. Google it. In the first page I found five.

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#31 2009-10-08 00:01:05

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Twenty-three people want the Text-Based Games to go. But my topic got closed, so I can't really get any more supporters.  sad

-Charlotte Brontë

#32 2009-10-08 00:05:10

Chrischb
Scratcher

martianshark wrote:

1. That's what the off topic section is for. There's no reason we can't do it here.
2. Why would I want to keep going back and forth in beetween the other site (if it exists) and Scratch? I find it much easier to simply go strait from a Scratch related topic to TBG.
3. Google what? A TBG site could have any random name. Why would I want to bother finding another site anyway.

1. The off topic section was not created specifically by the Scratch Team. It was suggested, and it was only an expiremental catagory. The most likely reason that they haven't removed it earlier is that they were rather lenient; after all, otherwise they wouldn't be agreeing with us.
2. That's what Tabs are for. One quick setup (you can even make Favorites to jump more quickly), and you can whiz back and forth.
3. Did you even bother to try it? I googled "Text-Based-Games" as a start, and I found lots.
4. That's because you haven't googled it yet. There'll be one.
5. So much for size; it's still a reason. Spare me o' great warrior! *kneels down because you are holding a nice, shiny sword*

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#33 2009-10-08 02:57:15

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Remember... don't insult each other. Even if you have different views... and if you want to insult how stupid the idea of deleting the Text-Based Games is, insult me. I started all this, so why insult my supporters? If anything, don't insult them. They're just agreeing with me!

-Charlotte Brontë

#34 2009-10-08 12:15:34

Wickimen
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

Remember... don't insult each other. Even if you have different views... and if you want to insult how stupid the idea of deleting the Text-Based Games is, insult me. I started all this, so why insult my supporters? If anything, don't insult them. They're just agreeing with me!

And you haven't insulted us? Let's look at that little topic called "Why I Want Text Based Games deleted. For all you ignorant people."

Jonathanpb wrote:

You people are being so ignorant.

I think you might have mixed that up, very slightly.

Jonathanpb wrote:

Don't think you know everything.

Okay, wise one, because YOU do!

Jonathanpb wrote:

Well, well, well. Now you actually know why.

Well, well, well. Someone's in a hissy fit.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

#35 2009-10-08 16:34:59

coka
Scratcher

I don't think it should be deleted.  wink
The only problem I have is that some scratch members just come on this website to play test-based games, not to make or share their scratch projects. It's just my opinion that the programming part of scratch should be more popular.  hmm

http://i42.tinypic.com/2rot8c2.png

#36 2009-10-08 17:12:24

Wickimen
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

Twenty-three people want the Text-Based Games to go. But my topic got closed, so I can't really get any more supporters.  sad

Oh I feel so sorry for you.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

#37 2009-10-08 17:22:36

RobotKitty
Scratcher

fireball123 wrote:

300,000 plus

I'd look again. The scratch community might look LARGE, But it is quite small. You might say "Well theres 300,000 plus users!", Reality check (ooh i like saying that XD) only like 20% of that are acually come-on-once-or-more-every-week people. The diterioratn of community that will (probably) quit will leave (maybe) only 15%. Thus that chaoticness, Scratch will go through utter termoil and poverty, Its old members will have moved on and Scratch would rot with the number of user withering away by the days. Though, Seeing websites go down in poverty is fun, I wouldn't want to see Sc- nevermind, It would still be funny :3

Everyone's argument is invalid. Your argument is invalid.

#38 2009-10-08 18:44:25

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

RobotKitty wrote:

fireball123 wrote:

300,000 plus

I'd look again. The scratch community might look LARGE, But it is quite small. You might say "Well theres 300,000 plus users!", Reality check (ooh i like saying that XD) only like 20% of that are acually come-on-once-or-more-every-week people. The diterioratn of community that will (probably) quit will leave (maybe) only 15%. Thus that chaoticness, Scratch will go through utter termoil and poverty, Its old members will have moved on and Scratch would rot with the number of user withering away by the days. Though, Seeing websites go down in poverty is fun, I wouldn't want to see Sc- nevermind, It would still be funny :3

Meh, I was expecting you to say "and hopefully FMT will leave Scratch forever." in that giant wall of text.

#39 2009-10-08 19:01:28

martianshark
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

martianshark, you say that you don't know any other Text-Based Games. Google it. In the first page I found five.

I don't care. Seriously, why can't you just leave us alone? Just because the site is Scratch doesn't mean there can't be TBG. It doesn't cause any harm! As long as Scratch exists, there's no reason we can't use it to play TBG. If we delete it, on the other hand, harm will come to Scratch.

#40 2009-10-08 19:06:54

martianshark
Scratcher

Chrischb wrote:

martianshark wrote:

1. The off topic section was not created specifically by the Scratch Team. It was suggested, and it was only an expiremental catagory. The most likely reason that they haven't removed it earlier is that they were rather lenient; after all, otherwise they wouldn't be agreeing with us.
2. That's what Tabs are for. One quick setup (you can even make Favorites to jump more quickly), and you can whiz back and forth.
3. Did you even bother to try it? I googled "Text-Based-Games" as a start, and I found lots.
5. So much for size; it's still a reason. Spare me o' great warrior! *kneels down because you are holding a nice, shiny sword*

1. There's still no reason we can't do it here.
2. What about people with Internet Explorer? If you have more than one tab open, it causes you to automaticly log out on Scratch!
3. Once again, why can't we do it on Scratch? It doesn't cause any harm, and why would I want to bother getting another account on another random website that I know nothing about and I don't know any of the users on there?
4. See above answer.
5. What!?

#41 2009-10-09 00:33:13

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Wickimen wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

And you haven't insulted us? Let's look at that little topic called "Why I Want Text Based Games deleted. For all you ignorant people."

Jonathanpb wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

1. I only created that topic for a very good reason: People didn't read why I wanted the Text-Based Games deleted, so they just assumed everything... they said that I wanted it gone because people were being rude to each other! I have never stated that. The problem was that everyone seemed to believe it, so I made the topic.

2. Read number 1 and tell me what you think.

3. I don't... it's just that you seem to think that you do. Which annoys me.

4. Yeah! I hate waiting for the Scratch Team to decide what they will do! Especially when this topic exists.

Can't we just wait for the Scratch Team to decide?

-Charlotte Brontë

#42 2009-10-09 00:36:20

Chrischb
Scratcher

martianshark wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

martianshark wrote:

1. There's still no reason we can't do it here.
2. What about people with Internet Explorer? If you have more than one tab open, it causes you to automaticly log out on Scratch!
3. Once again, why can't we do it on Scratch? It doesn't cause any harm, and why would I want to bother getting another account on another random website that I know nothing about and I don't know any of the users on there?
4. See above answer.
5. What!?

1. I agree, actually. Use the Text-Based-Games as long as it's there!  smile
2. I'm confused. I have Internet Explorer, and I've used tabs lots of times without any bad effects. Maybe it's a problem with your computer?
3. First sentence: See point 1.
   Second sentence: That's how it always starts out on a website. I feel sorry for you, though... it must be irritating.
4. Here's a link to one: http://www.astahost.com/info.php/Text-B … _f135.html
5. Just a joke.  tongue  It's a catchphrase I use when I feel like it. Jacool said that he hacked Google to say "Chrischb was Wrong" in some debate, and I begged for mercy.

#43 2009-10-09 01:25:58

martianshark
Scratcher

1. But it should stay comepletely. There's really nothing wrong with it.
2. I use Windows Internet Explorer. Is that exactly what you use? It's happened to more than one person.
3. So then why can't we just stay on Scratch? It would be easier for all of us.
4. Once again, why can't we do it on Scratch? It doesn't cause any harm, and why would I want to bother getting another account on another random website that I know nothing about and I don't know any of the users on there?
5. Whatever.

#44 2009-10-09 03:15:47

Chrischb
Scratcher

martianshark wrote:

1. But it should stay comepletely. There's really nothing wrong with it.
2. I use Windows Internet Explorer. Is that exactly what you use? It's happened to more than one person.
3. So then why can't we just stay on Scratch? It would be easier for all of us.
4. Once again, why can't we do it on Scratch? It doesn't cause any harm, and why would I want to bother getting another account on another random website that I know nothing about and I don't know any of the users on there?
5. Whatever.

Points 1 to 5: How about we stop arguing about it? We're not getting anywhere.
And for point 2, I have IE8 (Internet Explorer 8). Hmm.

#45 2009-10-09 03:40:31

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Chrischb wrote:

I took a quick glance at this link and only found topics on how to write computer code for a text-based-game like the old "Adventure" - not the same thing as what is being done in the Scratch Forums.  Can anybody post links to another site that lets you post the sort of games that we are doing in TBG?

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#46 2009-10-09 03:43:36

Chrischb
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

I took a quick glance at this link and only found topics on how to write computer code for a text-based-game like the old "Adventure" - not the same thing as what is being done in the Scratch Forums.  Can anybody post links to another site that lets you post the sort of games that we are doing in TBG?

Really? I'm so sorry! I googled Text-Based-Games, and it was the fifth result or so on the list. My AVG virus scanner said it was safe, so I took a look... at the top, there was some stuff about Adventure RPG's. I didn't look closer though, because I don't like going into odd websites.

Sorry for the trouble!

#47 2009-10-09 05:47:51

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

martianshark, you say that there's no reason why you can't do your games in here. I'll try and explain as clearly as possible:

The Scratch Forums are for Scratch purposes (ie. suggestions, reporting bugs, announcements).
The Text-Based Games is not one of the Scratch purposes (quite obviously once you think about it).
Therefore, the Text-Based Games shouldn't exist in the Scratch Forums.

Is that clear? If you still don't get it, tell me.  smile

-Charlotte Brontë

#48 2009-10-09 11:50:48

Mr_X
Scratcher

It's still unlikely it'll get deleted
Oh yeah, and Jon, the reason it was closed because you asked Paddle to close it
So why whine about it being closed?

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8656/exveemonc.gif The rules of the internet:
1) Every woman is a man    2) Every man is a child    3) Every child is an FBI agent                                        I have psychopathic tendencies. Be afraid

#49 2009-10-10 00:13:07

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

I don't whine! It's just annoying that you have your topic when mine is closed... but I don't care much. We only need one topic to discuss things in, after all.

-Charlotte Brontë

#50 2009-10-10 00:44:08

Chrischb
Scratcher

Wickimen wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

Let's stop trying to make each other look bad. Go and find something else to do. And no, if you quote this and argue, I'm not going to make points about it.

• Index
  •  » Suggestions
  •  » I suggest that text based games NOT be deleted!!!!!!

Board footer