This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2009-09-29 22:14:58

Half-Wolf-Leader
Scratcher

Re: Why I want the Text-Based Games deleted (for all you ignorant people)

I really don't care either way, since I don't own the forums.
I have seen the reasons why people want it to stay, being mostly made up of 'it's fun' or 'what about rpg-ing?'. Now, with rpg-ing, what first introduced it was the creation of rpg galleries. These were a big hit, and still are. We could move the rpgs back into the galleries to clear out a part of this 'loss'. With the 'fun' argument, aren't there other things you consider 'fun'? Plus, we still have Inspiration and More. If you don't like that, I suggest moving to an all forum games forum.
Other than that, carry on.

#27 2009-09-29 22:21:14

Alphazulu
Scratcher

Some people use the forums for convenience! Nikkiperson2 can only use the forums on her DSi.

#28 2009-09-29 23:09:17

GoogleplexPlus
Scratcher

My Reasons Why the Text-Based Games Should Not be Deleted:
1. Not everyone is a programmer!  Some people go to Scratch to play games, and they still dream of making games.  This is their one chance.
2. Some of us are stuck on a DSi for most of the week thanks to parents or computer problems.  Like me.  What am I supposed to do?  What are DSi people supposed to do?
3.  You couldn't stop forum games even if you deleted this forum.  Note Inspiration and More.  You could go there for forum games once, and you might make history repeat itself if you manage to get rid of this.
4.  Scratch doesn't exactly have the capabilities of internet chat, unlike forums.  The programs made for Scratch to be multiplayer pretty much don't do that.
5. MIT ain't changing it!

Okay? Nice to clear this up

#29 2009-09-29 23:24:35

GoogleplexPlus
Scratcher

deatheater wrote:

1. But when people spend their whole time in tbg
Not everyone is a programmer as I've said
2. If they want to play all the time go to an mmorpg site
1. Video games don't allow as much freedom as text, and DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME I SPEND LOOKING FOR THOSE STUPID MMORPGS!!!??? THERE'S NO FREE ONES FOR THE MAC AND THE ONLY FLASH ONE I KNOW IS ON A SITE MY DAD WON'T ALLOW ME ON!!!
4.If tbg didn't count on your post count, people would still spend all their time in tbg
Um... Which side are you on on this one?
5.or as suggested in number 2
You don't know what you're even talking about.

Notes: Paddle is my Scratch hero, and still is.  Though I'm terribly disappointed in him thinking so foolishly!  If we didn't have this forum, Inspiration and More would have to be changed into Text-Based Games.  Unless, of course, Johnny, you want to get rid of that too. Don't call us idiots, idiot boy.
(about Paddle: not everyone can be smart and wise, I mainly idolize him because he's smart)

#30 2009-09-29 23:54:10

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

JaggedJoystick wrote:

If you want the TBG deleted then why did you take the time to post Proper Text-Based Games Ediquette?

Just because we don't like the Text-Based Games doesn't mean that we can't post in it.  smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#31 2009-09-29 23:54:22

Chrischb
Scratcher

BWOG wrote:

That Many People Support It???????? I Think It's A Horrible Idea!!!!!

You may not like it, but others do.

steppenwulf wrote:

I support your idea.    I would've told you earlier, but I saw your thread late,and it was closed. I don't think they should be deleted completely however, rather, they should be moved to their own web page, off of Scratch.

Don't worry if you're late, because he's suggested it in the Suggestions.

Pokemaster12 wrote:

I disagree entirely. It's not fair to punish the people who follow the rules. Also, it's a little ignorant to say we waste our lives. I think this category should stay.

Well, there's nothing wrong with the games, really, it's just that they don't belong in the Scratch Forums. You could try using a different forum on a different website.

JaggedJoystick wrote:

If you want the TBG deleted then why did you take the time to post Proper Text-Based-Games Etiquette?

Why not? They're here, so why not help people understand what's nice and what's not?

RobotKitty wrote:

Well you only have 19 approvers, There is about 360,187 members that (I guess) disapprove.

About 21 now, and your idea of members is ridiculous. The number you want is the number of Text-Based-Games addicts... which is more like twenty. Those other members are either schoolers who need help, new members, and the like.

RobotKitty wrote:

Now that I look at it, I think Scratch in general is a waste of life.

If you think Scratch is a waste of life, find a different forum.

Alphazulu wrote:

That's rude to call people ignorant! Just cause it's your opinion doesn't mean other people are ignorant for their opinions!

Yes, Jon... I know that lots of people are being ignorant, but you don't have to yell at them about it.  smile

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#32 2009-09-29 23:55:56

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

RobotKitty wrote:

Well you only have 19 approvers, There is about 360,187 members that (I guess) disapprove.

When will people think?

Barely any of the users on Scratch use the forums.

Barely any of them have viewed the topics.

In complete honesty, I'd say about 30 - 40 of the users who have read everything disagree.

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#33 2009-09-29 23:57:51

Chrischb
Scratcher

By the way everyone, his name is Jonathan/Jon, NOT Johnny/John.

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#34 2009-09-29 23:59:30

adriangl
Scratcher

I agree with you so why aren't I on the list. Not a big problem, just asking.

Scratchin' since 2007

#35 2009-09-30 00:00:42

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

samurai768 wrote:

Why must you call me ignorant?

I understand why you want this forum closed, and I just was kinda having a bad day when I said that stuff in your topic.

I know you werent directly calling me ignorant, (Unless you were o.O jk) but I was just alittle offended.

I am truly sorry. Though don't think I created this topic for you. I'm just tired of people assuming that I want it deleted because people are rude! I have never stated this. Therefore, they haven't read the reasons. If they had, they would have known.

-Charlotte Brontë

#36 2009-09-30 00:08:25

martianshark
Scratcher

deatheater wrote:

1. But when people spend their whole time in tbg

Who cares if they want to spend their life on it? It's their own problom.

2. If they want to play all the time go to an mmorpg site

But people want to play on Scratch.

4.If tbg didn't count on your post count, people would still spend all their time in tbg

But less people would spend all their time on here.

5.or as suggested in number 2

As suggested in number 2

http://img.geocaching.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=martianshark&uid=e6cdc2c8-2476-4abd-9994-27f857396579&bg=1

#37 2009-09-30 00:54:59

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

GoogleplexPlus wrote:

Don't call us idiots, idiot boy.

Please use respectful language in the forums. Debates go nowhere when everyone begins to insult each other, and it causes the Scratch community to fall apart.  sad

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#38 2009-09-30 00:56:27

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Topic closed via request of owner.

Please re-direct new comments here: http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=23404

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

Board footer