This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-11-03 14:42:14

Dave911
Scratcher

Multi-User Game Creation

Hello once again to the Scratch Community. The ability to create simple, quick games is one of the reasons that Scratch is so intuitive and succesful and I, along with many others I am sure, have noticed the abundance of these small games that are made by one maybe two programmers and I feel that there is a well of talent that could be tapped.

My idea is this- create one large game over a much longer period of time, not just the day maybe a week for more complex games that it normally take, but using all the strengths of many of you in the Scratch community and maybe, if it is successful, it could be sent off to game websites, perhaps miniclip or addictinggames, and spread the Scratch name.

We will need people who have great skills in:

Graphics
Storyline/ Character creation
Programming (Creating scripts etc.)
Audio and music
Mathematic/ Variable work (probably linked to programming)
and other areas...

So if you are interested and would like to be part of the team comment on this forum post and give a link to a project that shows off your best abilities.

Thank you and reply soon so as not to miss out.

#2 2007-11-03 15:04:45

archmage
Scratcher

Re: Multi-User Game Creation

You can't send scratch games to the sites you mentioned. They only accept shockwave or flash files.

Not to mention creating a large game in scratch would probably make the game lag since scratch isn't the best at processing data and it would be a really difficult thing to to make a scratch game of flash quality since scratch is very limited in it's programming resources.

Last edited by archmage (2007-11-03 15:08:52)

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#3 2007-11-03 15:20:41

Dave911
Scratcher

Fine then, forget the sending off to other sites, that was naive. I still think the large (not sizewise large but quality and length large) is still feasable. Just to be played on Scratch and not of flash quality but of higher quality than most of the other scratch games. Take Archery Champion beta 1.0 for example, that was a great looking game that was of much higher quality than most of the other games on here, something like that is what I would be aiming for.

#4 2007-11-04 11:04:18

Heliosa
Scratcher

Hey could i help im a good story writer.<when green flag clicked><switch to costume[ Trying to think of story

What are you looking at?

#5 2007-11-05 09:49:32

jinkazama7245
Scratcher

i could help with the sprites ime good at making sprites allthougt some of them are a bit pixilaited

#6 2007-11-07 20:55:47

vgman20
Scratcher

So what do u mean? Create a game made by many users/accounts? How?

Ever stop to think...
and then forget to start again?

#7 2007-11-08 15:54:38

kevin_karplus
Scratcher

It is fairly easy for a team of people to work on a scratch project---they just have to agree on who is working on it at any time, and keep posting versions as changes are made.  If the work is divided up into different sprites, it is even possible for people to work at the same time on different projects, then export the sprites and import them to a shared project.

Board footer