This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Advanced Topics
  •  » ITopic: Are there ways to share your creation other than the website?

#226 2010-06-29 20:08:21

mini2000
Scratcher

Re: ITopic: Are there ways to share your creation other than the website?

ya an if u cud get kids to spread ther imagination 1 step farther

#227 2010-06-30 11:06:06

markyparky56
Scratcher

mini2000 wrote:

ya an if u cud get kids to spread ther imagination 1 step farther

Is that really relavent to the topic?

http://j.mp/jgVnTq
Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#228 2010-07-14 17:35:13

coolstuff
Community Moderator

I'm afraid that while implementing a new sticky strategy on this forum, I was forced to change title of this thread a wee bit. It's now a little bit shorted - I hope you don't mind!

#229 2010-07-15 04:42:49

markyparky56
Scratcher

coolstuff wrote:

I'm afraid that while implementing a new sticky strategy on this forum, I was forced to change title of this thread a wee bit. It's now a little bit shorted - I hope you don't mind!

It still has the same meaning, personaly I only noitced the ITopic part,

http://j.mp/jgVnTq
Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#230 2010-07-29 19:09:23

tls987
New Scratcher

how does i place in the code? i made the file to .htm with out any problem

#231 2010-08-01 14:06:32

TheClowner
Scratcher

Duncan wrote:

bibbleycheese wrote:

The test page I created shows the bare scratch applet window, but gets stuck at the point of loading the testproject.sb file I put in the same web folder.
Any suggestions?  neutral

Is this true for all browsers?  I initially had this problem (on a Mac) with FireFox although Safari would load it without a problem.  Without adjusting anything it seems to have automagically resolved the problem and now loads into FireFox etc. too.

I have the same problem on my mac using the latest version of safari

#232 2010-08-03 04:06:31

Daffy22
Scratcher

search for scratch2exe, it converts an .sb file to .exe is that any good?

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1784/logosmalle.png
"Spectacular - 5 Star" -  CNET.com Editor.

#233 2010-08-10 13:09:31

comp500
Scratcher

kevin_karplus wrote:

No, scratch cannot be converted to .exe files.  You can put together a web page (using HTML)  that includes your project and give that to a friend, who can then run it with their browser.

There are partial instructions in the "Link to this project | embed" point on the web page for each project.

It would be useful for the scratch team to put together an "HTML" wrapper that makes any sb file into an HTML page that does not require access to the web.  That would allow CDs to be quickly made that can run standalone.

actually jens has made a converter: http://www.chirp.scratchr.org/scratch2exe.html

800 posts! W00T! Oh sorry im not on a lot but at least i have 1000+ posts

#234 2010-08-10 14:08:17

comp500
Scratcher

FoxDur wrote:

I tried this, but it didn't work. Does the fact that my website is on markdown instead of html affect anything?

Is there any other thing I might be doing wrong?

My code looks like

<html>
<body>
<applet id="ProjectApplet" style="display:block" code="ScratchApplet" codebase="./" archive="ScratchApplet.jar" height="387" width="482">
<param name="Halloween RPG" value="Halloween RPG.sb">
</applet>
</body>
</html>

and I have the project called "Halloween RPG.sb" in a folder on my desktop as well as one called code, one called scratch applet, and one called soundbank.gm. Does anyone know what I can do?

it should be:
<html>
<body>
<applet id="ProjectApplet" style="display:block" code="ScratchApplet" codebase="./" archive="ScratchApplet.jar" height="387" width="482">
<param name="project" value="Halloween%20RPG.sb">
</applet>
</body>
</html>

#235 2010-08-10 16:53:30

nXIII
Community Moderator

comp500 wrote:

FoxDur wrote:

I tried this, but it didn't work. Does the fact that my website is on markdown instead of html affect anything?

Is there any other thing I might be doing wrong?

My code looks like

<html>
<body>
<param name="Halloween RPG" value="Halloween RPG.sb">
</applet>
</body>
</html>

and I have the project called "Halloween RPG.sb" in a folder on my desktop as well as one called code, one called scratch applet, and one called soundbank.gm. Does anyone know what I can do?

it should be:
<html>
<body>
<param name="project" value="Halloween%20RPG.sb">
</applet>
</body>
</html>

It probably urlencodes it for you, doing that might cause it to encode the encoding.

nXIII

#236 2010-08-26 19:54:38

Fnord
New Scratcher

Hi, could someone go through, step by step, how to do this with the html?

I have no luck, I pt all the files in a folder, copy/paste the html, save the file open it in firefox and it just prints the text of the html. i'm using a mac if that makes a difference.

And I've read all 10 page of this thread and tried everything, but still no luck. Help. thanks.

#237 2010-10-08 12:17:49

baker05
Scratcher

nick wrote:

Hi!

There's actually a way to share scratch projects on your website or in a folder on a CD or computer without posting them to scratch.mit.edu first. To do it, you need to download the following files to the directory on your website (or a folder on your computer):

1. http://scratch.mit.edu/static/misc/ScratchApplet.jar
2. http://scratch.mit.edu/static/misc/soundbank.gm

(for soundbank.gm, if you're using firefox, right-click and select "Save Link As..." to download)

After copying these to a folder on your computer, put the .sb file in the same folder. Then, create a .htm file with the following contents:

Code:

<html>
<body>
<param name="project" value="testproject.sb">
</applet>
</body>
</html>

replacing testproject.sb with the name of the project you want to view. This will allow you to either view scratch projects offline (in a folder) or online (on a webserver).

You can view an example of this in action here:
http://web.media.mit.edu/~nbushak/test.html

Additional methods of embedding Scratch projects are detailed here:
http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Publishing_ … r_websites

Also, we release new versions of ScratchApplet.jar occasionally for bug fixes. If you're using this a lot, it may be a good idea to stay updated by periodically downloading new versions of ScratchApplet.jar from the website.

Nick

does this process take a long time to do?

#238 2010-10-08 13:05:16

Daffy22
Scratcher

If you click my sig (mod share) you can share any project that has been made with a mod. Eg bingo, or Panther or BYOB!  tongue

#239 2010-10-09 04:53:19

comp500
Scratcher

flickenmaste wrote:

nick wrote:

Hi!

There's actually a way to share scratch projects on your website or in a folder on a CD or computer without posting them to scratch.mit.edu first. To do it, you need to download the following files to the directory on your website (or a folder on your computer):

(for soundbank.gm, if you're using firefox, right-click and select "Save Link As..." to download)

After copying these to a folder on your computer, put the .sb file in the same folder. Then, create a .htm file with the following contents:

Code:

<html>
<body>
</applet>
</body>
</html>

replacing testproject.sb with the name of the project you want to view. This will allow you to either view scratch projects offline (in a folder) or online (on a webserver).

http://scratch.mit.edu/pages/embed

Also, we release new versions of ScratchApplet.jar occasionally for bug fixes. If you're using this a lot, it may be a good idea to stay updated by periodically downloading new versions of ScratchApplet.jar from the website.

Nick

I see what u are saying but i still dont get how u make it into a HTML file.

Windows or Mac?

#240 2010-10-09 04:55:49

comp500
Scratcher

Fnord wrote:

I have no luck, I pt all the files in a folder, copy/paste the html, save the file open it in firefox and it just prints the text of the html. i'm using a mac if that makes a difference.

And I've read all 10 page of this thread and tried everything, but still no luck. Help. thanks.

Did you save it as a .htm/.html file?

#241 2010-10-09 05:05:40

Daffy22
Scratcher

comp500 wrote:

Fnord wrote:

Did you save it as a .htm/.html file?

I doesn't matter - you choose .html or .htm also win/mac doesn't matter either!  smile

#242 2010-10-09 06:35:14

comp500
Scratcher

iordachedarius wrote:

This readme is best viewed with the 'Verdana' font and 'Word Wrap' (from the 'Format' menu) turned on.

|--------------------------------------------|
|      WINDOWS ERROR MESSAGE CREATOR      |
|--------------------------------------------|

CONTENTS

1. HOW TO USE
    1a. Normal Messages
    1b. Custom Messages
    1c. Messages with custom buttons
    1d. Shutdown Dialogs
    1e. VBS Files
2. CHANGELOG
3. LEGAL
    3a. Copyright
    3b. Disclaimer
    3c. Icons

|-------------------------|
|       1. HOW TO USE       |
|-------------------------|

1a. NORMAL MESSAGES

To create a normal message box, follow these steps:

1. Select what buttons the message box will have from the 'Message Box Type' drop-down menu.
2. Type the first line of your message box in the 'Message Line 1 field'.
3 (optional). Type the second line of your message box in the 'Message Line 2' field.
4. Type the title of your message box in the 'Message Box Title' field.
5. Click the button which says 'Standard.

1b. CUSTOM MESSAGES

To create a message box with a custom icon, follow these steps:

1. Select what buttons the message box will have from the 'Message Box Type' drop-down menu. Please note that although you are selecting an option such as 'Question - Yes/No', the 'Question' icon will be replaced by your custom icon.
2. Select an icon from the 'Select a Custom Icon' drop-down menu. The number next to the box is the icons ID number.
3. Type the first line of your message box in the 'Message Line 1 field'.
4 (optional). Type the second line of your message box in the 'Message Line 2' field.
5. Type the title of your message box in the 'Message Box Title' field.
6. Click the button which says 'Custom Icon'.

1c. MESSAGES WITH CUSTOM BUTTONS

To create a message box with a custom icon and custom buttons, follow these steps:

1. Type the first line of your message box in the 'Message Line 1 field'.
2 (optional). Type the second line of your message box in the 'Message Line 2' field.
3. Type the title of your message box in the 'Message Box Title' field.
4. Type the captions of your buttons in the boxes labelled 'LEFT', 'CENTRE' and 'RIGHT'.
5 (optional). Select which buttons (maximum of two) you would like to grey out.
6 (optional). Select which buttons (maximum of two) you would like to hide.
7. Click the button which says 'Custom Icon and Buttons'.

1d. SHUTDOWN DIALOGS

To create a shutdown dialog, follow these steps:

1. From the main menu, go to 'File --> Create Shutdown Dialog', or press Ctrl+D.
2. Enter the message to be displayed at the botton of the dialog (max 128 characters).
3. Enter the time until the 'shutdown'. Must be between 10 and 60 seconds.
4. Enter the name of the person who initiated the shutdown. If you want to use your CPU/username combination, check the box that says 'Use CPU/User name combo'.
5. Press the button that says 'Create Dialog'.

1e. VBS FILES

A .vbs file is a Visual Basic Script that can be executed from any computer. Basically, it's a text EXE, without the buttons, labels, captions, images, etc. WEMC has a built-in function that allows you to create VBS files with any filename you desire, and then saves said file to your hard drive. Why? So you can fool someone! Example: "I've just downloaded a new VBS game! It challenges you to think of the number it's guessing!" "OK," says your victim, "I've gotta try that!" They double-click on the WEMC-created 'think.vbs' file, and ... 'YOU SUCK!'.

To create a .vbs file, follow these steps:

1. From the main menu, go to 'File --> Create VBS', or press Ctrl+V.
2. Type the first line of your message box in the 'Message Line 1 field'.
3 (optional). Type the second line of your message box in the 'Message Line 2' field.
4. Type the title of your message box in the 'Message Box Title' field.
5. Enter the name of your VBS file, or press 'Choose Random Name' to get a random name.
6. Press 'Browse' and select the directory where the file will be saved. Alternatively, if you want to save to the same folder where WEMC is, check the 'Same' box.
7. Enter a number in the 'Additional Size' field. Whatever number you input here, the VBS file will contain the same number of asterisks (*). This is to make the file seem bigger, as I got complaints saying it never fooled anyone.
8. Press the button that says 'Save VBS File', or press Alt+A.

WARNING! Large VBS files, when opened, can cause Notepad to run slowly, or even crash. DO NOT open (that is to say, Right-Click and 'Edit') VBS files larger than 200KB!

|------------------------|
|       2. CHANGELOG       |
|------------------------|

VERSION 1.1.5 (November 24th 2008)

* I have no idea where in the hell I got '8 bytes to a kilobyte' from. The text has been changed to show that it is actually 1024 bytes to a KB.
* Reduced on-screen clutter by hiding the main screen when you select another option from the 'File' menu.
* Imposed a limit of 1,509,900bytes for VBS files - just enough to fit on a floppy disk.
* Added the little hourglass icon, shown when saving VBS files - just so you can be sure the program is actually doing something!

VERSION 1.1.4 (November 18th 2008)

* Added ability to specify additional characters to make VBS files bigger on hard drives. A lot of people complained that a 1KB file wasn't fooling anyone, so I added this feature.

VERSION 1.1.3 (November 2nd 2008)

* Shortened program-related error messages. They should now be more to the point.
* If you are new to error message creation, the interface can be a bit hectic. That's why I've implemented a 'Hide Advanced' option, accessible from the 'File' menu.
* I've added an option to generate random names for your VBS files. These names are the ones I made up myself, but hopefully there is something there you can use.

VERSION 1.1.2 (October 28th 2008)

* Removed 'Darwinian' and 'SOUNDMAN' icons, due to legal stuff.
* Added 'Critical', 'Information', 'Exclamation' and 'Question/Help' icons. You can now use them in custom messages.
* Added ability to create VBS files.

VERSION 1.1.1 (October 26th 2008)

* Added 'Boss' feature. If your boss comes along, minimize the program to the system tray, complete with icon and tooltip! BE ADVISED THAT THIS FEATURE ONLY WORKS ON THE MAIN MENU.
* Tidied up interface.
* Added 9 new icons.
* Removed French and German language support, due to circumstances beyond my control.
* Reduced maximum size of Shutdown Dialog message from 255 to 128 characters.

VERSION 1.1.0 (October 16th 2008)

* Added option to hide unwanted custom buttons. Only two can be hidden at any one time.
* Added option to specify a custom name for shutdown dialogs.
* Fixed translation errors.
* Fixed tab order.
* It is now not possible to run more than one copy of the program at a time.

VERSION 1.0.9 (October 9th 2008)

* Added abiltity to create fake emergency shutdown dialogs.

VERSION 1.0.8 (October 4th 2008)

* Message boxes with custom buttons will now display your custom icon (in the title).

VERSION 1.0.7 (September 24th 2008)

* Added ability to create message boxes with custom buttons (thanks to Younis Al-Ariani for the idea!).
    * Please note that only two of the three buttons can be greyed out.
* Implemented character limits:
    * 128 for message lines.
    * 16 for title.
    * 16 for buttons.
* Removed 'Toggle Icon Preview' option.

VERSION 1.0.6 (September 14th 2008)

* Added French and German language support.
* Added 2 new icons.

VERSION 1.0.5 (September 1st 2008)

* Added an icon preview box. See what it is before creating the message!
* Added 7 new icons.

VERSION 1.0.4 (August 21st 2008)

* NEW! Create message boxes with one of FIFTEEN custom icons! (Note, these icons are set by the program.)
* Prevented creation of message boxes with no Line One.
* The program doesn't have an icon any more, as it was visible in the taskbar when a message was created. A dead giveaway!
* Prevented creation of message boxes with no Title.

VERSION 1.0.3 (August 3rd 2008)

* Added 'Abort/Retry/Ignore' message options.
* Added 'Retry/Cancel' message options.
* Resized application window to fit new options.
* I've realised that the messages you create don't exactly fool your friends if they can see the EMC screen. So now, whenever you create an error, the EMC dialog hides itself.
* Added option to show a 'SUCKER!' message after intended victim clicks a button.

VERSION 1.0.2 (September 8th 2006)

* Minor bug fix.

VERSION 1.0.1 (September 7th 2006)

* Added 'Help' message options.

VERSION 1.0.0 (April 15th 2006)

* Initial Release.

|--------------------|
|        3. LEGAL        |
|--------------------|

3a. COPYRIGHT

The right of Christopher W. Urquhart to be identified as the creator of this program has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act (1988). This program is distributed subject to the condition that it will shall not, by any way of trade or otherwise be lent, sold, copied, or otherwise circulated without the owner's prior consent.

3b. DISCLAIMER

The creator of this program does not take any responsibilty for any dire results which may occur from the use of this program - such as loss of friendship. This program is intended for light pranking. If in doubt about a message, ask someone who knows about computers - they'll put your mind at rest.

3c. ICONS

All icons included within this program are the originals that come with Visual Basic 6, and as such are the copyright of Microsoft Corporation.

Obviously, this program is NOT endorsed by, or affiliated with Microsoft.

That is off-topic

#243 2010-10-14 18:45:49

sylee823
New Scratcher

나 이름은 이설이

#244 2010-11-09 20:09:48

Artist1110
New Scratcher

Can u uplode scratch on a clear cd?? caue i really want to make something

#245 2010-12-02 01:42:17

loldog
Scratcher

nick wrote:

Hi!

Code:

<html>
<body>
</applet>
</body>
</html>

http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Publishing_ … r_websites

Nick

Thanks this really helped me!  smile

#246 2010-12-02 15:52:58

umardraz
New Scratcher

I have viewed your all scrach and please suggest me either I can add this in my this website http://stepstocreateawebsite.com/

#247 2010-12-03 15:56:23

loldog
Scratcher

for some reason when I opened the file it said no soundbank; note & drum commands disabled.... is there anyone who could help?

#248 2010-12-04 15:31:56

KMilka
Scratcher

you can use iexpress on windows to create a self extracting cabinet file that contains all required files and will allow you to run your project as an .exe

http://projecteuler.net/profile/milkan8tor.png
http://imgur.com/epxJD.png

#249 2010-12-04 15:32:13

adasba
Scratcher

hi
I want to use scratch and put projects in the scratch website so I can share my projects.I want to get lots of views and Loveit's.It's hard for me to use the [/blocks]<broadcast[ and [/blocks]<when I receive[ .

#250 2011-01-01 16:54:46

adasba
Scratcher

Something is odd about scratch! An artefact in scratch 1.4 is bothering me on a cool project called stampede. Sometimes when I press the [block]<when green flag clicked>an artefact comes up and is impossible to take it away! As soon as I am done saving it... ...it says save failed:Unknown class ScratchToolTipMorph. Please fix the glitch!

• Index
  •  » Advanced Topics
  •  » ITopic: Are there ways to share your creation other than the website?

Board footer