This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#876 2009-12-21 23:58:22

illusionist
Retired Community Moderator

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Chrischb wrote:

illusionist wrote:

I would like to nominate Magnie to be curator.

He/she is:

•helpful
•online often
•considerate
•good at problem solving
•experienced
•some other good stuff...

big_smile

That's very considerate, but what if Magnie doesn't want to be the curator?  hmm

I think the Scratch teams sends you a message asking you. "You have been chosen to curate the front page! Accept or Decline?"

http://i.imgur.com/8LX1NrV.png

#877 2009-12-22 07:08:22

The-Whiz
Scratcher

illusionist wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

illusionist wrote:

I would like to nominate Magnie to be curator.

He/she is:

•helpful
•online often
•considerate
•good at problem solving
•experienced
•some other good stuff...

big_smile

That's very considerate, but what if Magnie doesn't want to be the curator?  hmm

I think the Scratch teams sends you a message asking you. "You have been chosen to curate the front page! Accept or Decline?"

To be exact, mine said:
"Hi The-Whiz. Are you still interested in being a Scratch curator? Let us know by emailing [e-mail removed so you don't all e-mail it] Thanks, and Scratch On! - Scratch Team"

#878 2009-12-22 12:48:08

illusionist

The-Whiz wrote:

illusionist wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

To be exact, mine said:
"Hi The-Whiz. Are you still interested in being a Scratch curator? Let us know by emailing [e-mail removed so you don't all e-mail it] Thanks, and Scratch On! - Scratch Team"

I was close...  smile

#879 2009-12-22 12:55:09

illusionist

Lightnin wrote:

illusionist wrote:

illusionist wrote:

Curators Missing from the list:

Penguinsrock
The-Whiz
andresmh?
SabGames

Thanks for updating!  smile

No problem! Sorry for being late everyone .. there's always a lot to do!

I would help and update it myself if I could. Sometimes I even try hitting the "Edit" button.  lol

Just so we don't get behind, I keep a list saved on my desktop.  big_smile

Curators of Scratch

I   cheddargirl
II   Toasty
III   Jasb
IV   Keroro645
V   Lanie
VI   Coolstuff
VII   Forest
VIII   Coka
IX   JSO
X   PetVet300
XI   Fullmoon
XII   Penguinsrock
XIII   The Whiz
XIV   andresmh
XIV   SabGames
XV   ElPapa
XVI   sparks

#880 2009-12-22 13:05:42

markyparky56
Scratcher

illusionist wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

illusionist wrote:

Thanks for updating!  smile

I would help and update it myself if I could. Sometimes I even try hitting the "Edit" button.  lol

Curators of Scratch

I   cheddargirl
II   Toasty
III   Jasb
IV   Keroro645
V   Lanie
VI   Coolstuff
VII   Forest
VIII   Coka
IX   JSO
X   PetVet300
XI   Fullmoon
XII   Penguinsrock
XIII   The Whiz
XIV   andresmh
XIV   SabGames
XV   ElPapa
XVI   sparks

Why is andresmh in grey?

http://j.mp/jgVnTq
Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#881 2009-12-22 13:12:12

illusionist

markyparky56 wrote:

illusionist wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

Curators of Scratch

I   cheddargirl
II   Toasty
III   Jasb
IV   Keroro645
V   Lanie
VI   Coolstuff
VII   Forest
VIII   Coka
IX   JSO
X   PetVet300
XI   Fullmoon
XII   Penguinsrock
XIII   The Whiz
XIV   andresmh
XIV   SabGames
XV   ElPapa
XVI   sparks

Why is andresmh in grey?

He wasn't really the curator. Also notice that he and SabGames are both #14.

Andres was just filling in.  smile

#882 2009-12-22 15:56:59

markyparky56
Scratcher

illusionist wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

illusionist wrote:

Why is andresmh in grey?

Filling in? What do you mean by that?

http://j.mp/jgVnTq
Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#883 2009-12-22 16:33:21

illusionist

markyparky56 wrote:

illusionist wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

Why is andresmh in grey?

Filling in? What do you mean by that?

The next curator hadn't been chosen yet, and the Whiz's term had already been longer than normal. Rather than removing the spot, Andres took over temporarily.

#884 2009-12-22 17:50:37

illusionist

Hey! Its illusionist again.

Here is my story:

About almost two years ago, I was given an assigment in school to create a game with Scratch. I created an account by the name of "Prairie". At that time, I was the biggest noob ever to join, and in some ways I still am. I had no one to teach me. The only possible way to learn Scratch was to download and remix other people's work. I've learned MUCH more since then. Remixing, download, and carful examination of the way scripts are built has lead me to the place where I am now. It was hard, and I don't want others to have to learn the hard way like I did. So now I am offering to help newbies (new members) become as good of a Scratcher that they can be. I will often look on the "active members" page to find some projects that have not recieved comments. In looking at those pages I have discovered projects in different languages, Like Romanian, or Hebrew. It hurt me to see these lonely users without viewers, just because no-one could understand them. To solve this problem, I found a reliable online translator to translate their words into English, and my words into their own language. I really enjoyed teaching members from other countries how to program in Scratch. Every once in a while I will also explore the "other language" parts of the forums. While browsing through the "active members" page, I will find lots of excellent projects, many of which I would fail to duplicate. If I could show these works of art on the front page, I would. That is why I want to be Scratch's next curator.

Thank you all! and.... Scratch on!

-The Illusionist

Last edited by illusionist (2010-01-23 13:59:32)

#885 2009-12-23 14:10:09

coolperson
Scratcher

Would people stop saying
"CAN I BECOME A CURTATOR? I'D BE GREAT!"
You actually need a bit of a foundation on why you would be a good curtator! Also, stop asking how you become one! The scratch team picks you! Read the first post!

Coolperson- 2012 National Vex Robotics Finalist!
http://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=sn7p84DQFyk

#886 2009-12-23 14:33:09

pinochio
Scratcher

All my speeches are scattered in different pages of this forum...

Flat Out G

#887 2009-12-23 15:24:06

illusionist

pinochio wrote:

All my speeches are scattered in different pages of this forum...

NO WAI.

wink

Last edited by illusionist (2009-12-23 15:33:43)

#888 2009-12-23 17:55:08

crazyawesome
Scratcher

Could i possibly be a curator(:

#889 2009-12-23 18:04:40

illusionist

crazyawesome wrote:

Could i possibly be a curator(:

Why? The Scratch team asks for a reason.  neutral

#890 2009-12-24 04:04:20

eeve11
Scratcher

i wanna be a curator one time i dont care when just that i want to be curator

http://llk.media.mit.edu/projects/scratch/wanthelp/images/scratch-logo-wanthelp.gif
Founder of TP Titanium Productions want to join?: Join here!

#891 2009-12-24 08:22:35

rabbit1131
Scratcher

I would like to be currator. I would like to be currator because I know of a lot of good projects on scratch that don't have many views and are really good. An example is a 3d driving game that only has 20 views or so, but the auther worked really hard and desereves more credit and if I get to be currator that is one of the projcets I would put on the front page. I would only like to be currator to help others get to be popular because they work really hard and deserve it. I'm not sure how you contact people but should you need to contact me please comment on one of my projects.

The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia! I hope you will partake in this gigantic undertaking, to build the sequel to the hit map The Adventures of Revesilia! The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia Map Builders Application thread! http://internetometer.com/image/35004.png

#892 2009-12-24 08:41:38

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

Dear Scratch Team,

I, floatingmagictree, would like to take the job as curator. I have become exceedingly popular in the past two months, getting on the front page 7 times! It was a wonderful feeling when my project Twisted Wizard got on Top Viewed, and I would like to share that feeling with others, via curation. And just in time for the holiday season! I have also contributed to the community and helped others, so you know that you can trust me!

I have many sources for which projects I will choose, because I add every non-noticed and well made project I've seen in my gallery, FMT's Picks (which was a featured gallery a little while ago)!

Among the projects in "FMT's Picks"are games and simulations that seem that a lot of work was put into them. Those projects are what I am looking for, and they are the ones I seek to make well-known.

During my period as curator, I will choose 21 projects, selecting three new projects every two days. Among these projects will be two projects from my gallery FMT's picks, and one from this wonderful list that andresmh had compiled: Active Members.

So please, Scratch Team, choose me as your next curator!

~FMT

Last edited by floatingmagictree (2009-12-24 09:34:30)

#893 2009-12-24 08:41:40

rabbit1131
Scratcher

HI! I'm rabbit1131 and I would like to be currator. I would like to be currator because I know of a lot of good projects on scratch that don't have many views and are really good. An example is a 3d driving game that only has 20 views or so, but the auther worked really hard and desereves more credit and if I get to be currator that is one of the projcets I would put on the front page. I would only like to be currator to help others get to be popular because they work really hard and deserve it. I'm not sure how you contact people but should you need to contact me please comment on one of my projects. I would also like to say that while I can be a little bit out of control on scratch at times I have helped a lot of people out with scripts that have major glitches and fixed them, and I have made a lot of new friends on scratch. I have also flagged very innapropriote comment inapropriot and trying to keep scratch a safe place. Although Unfourtunatly I have somtimes gotten a bit out of controll with spamming. I have always apologized for spamming though. The only reason I spam is becase somone called one of my projects lame and so I want some publicity. However like I said before I always apologize and ask the person who said my project was lame why and if he/she would please refrain from calling people's projects lame. I have a older brother who is a big scratcher, mathwizz, and he helps me out on projects that I am stuck on like tank AI and I look forward to putting tutorials also on the front page because many people have to figure it out themselves and I know how difficult that is.
                                                            Share the Knowlage!
                                                                                rabbtit1131:D big_smile

Last edited by rabbit1131 (2010-01-20 16:20:39)

The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia! I hope you will partake in this gigantic undertaking, to build the sequel to the hit map The Adventures of Revesilia! The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia Map Builders Application thread! http://internetometer.com/image/35004.png

#894 2009-12-24 10:08:01

pinochio
Scratcher

Final speech (Promise, as I have already made 4,000,000 speeches...)

I am pinochio, I have been on Scratch for a decently longt time (Almost a year), and over the course of that year I have learned MANY new things. I started off not knowing how to program anything, that did not involve the glide, Wait secs, and Hide block. So, I started asking for advice in the forums, downloading projects, and asking other experienced Scratchers. All of them have helped, to program pretty advanced, and creative things. And they have really taught me to use Scratch to its fullest potential. Now, people ask me for help, and I always gladly answer their questions, or upload a demo project.

I really do not care if I am on the front page sometimes, because it does not affect what projects I like, therefor, I would be a fair curator. I would pick Projects with many views, or little. For me it does not matter, as I pick projects that I like. Everyone always states they would pick projects with little views, but isn't the whole point of curator to show off projects you enjoy? Of course, I would still feature some projects without many views. I am on Scratch a lot, and would update the projects daily, or 2 projects every 2 days (I am still figuring that out).

I enjoy extremely creative projects, and programming is not the MAIN part of what type of things I would choose. If I think the project is entertaining, (Even if it was simple) I would most certainly curate it. I also like Gadgets, tools, and OS' as they show what type of potential Scratch has, and all the cool things that can be made with it. Generally, I will do my best to curate all categories of projects, whether they are absolute uncanny, fun, happy, or tragic projects.

The Scratch team wants to pick Scratchers who have been nice and helpful on this website.... This is the one point where I do not achieve maximum points at. I love to help people, as stated above, but in all honesty, I may have said some rude things on the website. Sometimes I use mild insults, do not use appropriate language, or upload projects with some music on it that has bad words in it. For all this, I apologize. I believe though, that over the past 3 months I have stopped doing the occasional bad thing, and my overall Scratch'havior has improved. In this paragraph, it seems like all I do is bad things, well that is wrong. It is just occasional.

I hope you may consider me being a curator, and that perhaps that will happen someday. I will try not to post in this thread anymore (No promises...) and I will just see what happens.

Thanks, and Scratch on,

Pinochio

Last edited by pinochio (2009-12-24 10:08:40)

Flat Out G

#895 2009-12-24 11:00:05

illusionist

pinochio wrote:

Final speech (Promise, as I have already made 4,000,000 speeches...)

I am pinochio, I have been on Scratch for a decently longt time (Almost a year), and over the course of that year I have learned MANY new things. I started off not knowing how to program anything, that did not involve the glide, Wait secs, and Hide block. So, I started asking for advice in the forums, downloading projects, and asking other experienced Scratchers. All of them have helped, to program pretty advanced, and creative things. And they have really taught me to use Scratch to its fullest potential. Now, people ask me for help, and I always gladly answer their questions, or upload a demo project.

I really do not care if I am on the front page sometimes, because it does not affect what projects I like, therefor, I would be a fair curator. I would pick Projects with many views, or little. For me it does not matter, as I pick projects that I like. Everyone always states they would pick projects with little views, but isn't the whole point of curator to show off projects you enjoy? Of course, I would still feature some projects without many views. I am on Scratch a lot, and would update the projects daily, or 2 projects every 2 days (I am still figuring that out).

I enjoy extremely creative projects, and programming is not the MAIN part of what type of things I would choose. If I think the project is entertaining, (Even if it was simple) I would most certainly curate it. I also like Gadgets, tools, and OS' as they show what type of potential Scratch has, and all the cool things that can be made with it. Generally, I will do my best to curate all categories of projects, whether they are absolute uncanny, fun, happy, or tragic projects.

The Scratch team wants to pick Scratchers who have been nice and helpful on this website.... This is the one point where I do not achieve maximum points at. I love to help people, as stated above, but in all honesty, I may have said some rude things on the website. Sometimes I use mild insults, do not use appropriate language, or upload projects with some music on it that has bad words in it. For all this, I apologize. I believe though, that over the past 3 months I have stopped doing the occasional bad thing, and my overall Scratch'havior has improved. In this paragraph, it seems like all I do is bad things, well that is wrong. It is just occasional.

I hope you may consider me being a curator, and that perhaps that will happen someday. I will try not to post in this thread anymore (No promises...) and I will just see what happens.

Thanks, and Scratch on,

Pinochio

Yes! I hope that wasn't the same  speech...  roll

Its good that you have confessed. If the Scratch team forgives, and you repent, then you maybe become a moderator!  smile

Good luck Pinochio. May the force be with you.  lol

#896 2009-12-24 19:49:35

akita
Scratcher

I would ♥ to be curator

Hi!  smile   big_smile  ♥

#897 2009-12-25 02:12:42

iCode-747
Scratcher

Can I become one? I have been on Scratch for...maybe... 2 months, and I have got the hang of the language.

Thanks!

-End Transmission-

#898 2009-12-25 13:55:48

superzac
Scratcher

My name is SuperZac, and I joined in 08.
If I was Scratch curator, I would put up good animation. My project, 'A Gray Christmas' is currently Top Featured for its animation.
I hope you pick me! I would make a good curator.

Last edited by superzac (2009-12-25 13:56:26)

http://helloworldgivemeacheezburger.yolasite.com/resources/SUPERZAC%20Fires%20LASERS%20In%20your%20General%20Direction.png
Click it!

#899 2009-12-25 16:31:13

JWB101
Scratcher

I'm JWB101. I have been on scratch since March 2008. As a curator, I would put up animations, games and other great programming material. I would like to show this so that great programmers and only good art workers and animators can still share the attention. But I wouldn't put on projects that are or have been on the front page so that it's fair to other scratchers who need some views/ love- its.

Thanks,

JWB101

#900 2009-12-25 17:30:41

BrightHeart
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. My favorite projects involve others learning lessons or games and short animations.

Board footer