This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5751 2013-04-27 10:07:10

coolreader
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I would make a great curator because I really like scratch and want to make scratch better. My interests are games that are simple in ideas but complicated in script. Examples v
One of mine, Bird Math is simple in idea, but the code is pretty complicated. I still haven't finished it.
Another one that isn't mine, Curator Cove, is about someone at the beach, and you can upgrade, and get achievements. It has, I'm guessing, a lot of code.

#5752 2013-04-28 07:30:45

Thesims267284
Scratcher

lol

Lol

#5753 2013-04-28 10:00:26

ImagineIt
Scratcher

coolreader wrote:

I would make a great curator because I really like scratch and want to make scratch better. My interests are games that are simple in ideas but complicated in script. Examples v
One of mine, Bird Math is simple in idea, but the code is pretty complicated. I still haven't finished it.
Another one that isn't mine, Curator Cove, is about someone at the beach, and you can upgrade, and get achievements. It has, I'm guessing, a lot of code.

You aren't supposed to curate your own projects really and Curator Cove doesn't need fame as it was already on the front page.

#5754 2013-04-29 00:32:52

OrcaCat
Scratcher

Paddle2See and everyone else, I've had a change of heart. Rereading my posts on this thread made me feel sick inside. My submission was terrible, and my other post was just plain disrespectful. Since my curator shift starts Monday evening, I'm going to remake a submission, since my old one was really bad.

OrcaCat's new submission
Hi, I'm OrcaCat! I would like to be curator because I see a lot of amazing projects on the Scratch website that have very few views and love its. I have past experience with finding epic projects, two of which have been featured, and another two that have been curated. I would love to give the opportunity of being front paged to a fellow Scratcher, since I have never had the chance myself. Some projects that I like that need to get on the front page include (but are not limited to):
Tank Game 3

An amazing project with options, a shop, and a fun game that only has a few views and loves.

Ex-Asteroid

A space themed arcade game that is very fun.

And last but not least,
Candy craver

An amazing and enjoyable candy themed game with only 6 views.

Thanks!

Better?  smile

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#5755 2013-04-29 14:10:40

D-Man9293
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

Paddle2See and everyone else, I've had a change of heart. Rereading my posts on this thread made me feel sick inside. My submission was terrible, and my other post was just plain disrespectful. Since my curator shift starts Monday evening, I'm going to remake a submission, since my old one was really bad.

OrcaCat's new submission
Hi, I'm OrcaCat! I would like to be curator because I see a lot of amazing projects on the Scratch website that have very few views and love its. I have past experience with finding epic projects, two of which have been featured, and another two that have been curated. I would love to give the opportunity of being front paged to a fellow Scratcher, since I have never had the chance myself. Some projects that I like that need to get on the front page include (but are not limited to):
Tank Game 3

An amazing project with options, a shop, and a fun game that only has a few views and loves.

Ex-Asteroid

A space themed arcade game that is very fun.

And last but not least,
Candy craver

An amazing and enjoyable candy themed game with only 6 views.

Thanks!

Better?  smile

Much. Also, look for other projects that need fame, so that they can have popularity.

Check out my signups for the game show  Scratch Island Survival!

#5756 2013-04-29 17:59:59

positivelypositive
Scratcher

Not in the mood for writing an essay right now... but in summary I will select project with fewer than 100 views, and from a scratcher that hasn't been front paged recently. The types of projects I will select would be mostly games, simulations, and possibly animations... I'm already thinking of quitting after nearly two and a half years and curator would fulfill my scratch "checklist." So please consider it! Oh look I kinda did write an essay there.

positivelypositive-scratching since 2010

#5757 2013-04-30 08:30:38

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

I always apply for curator here and I don't become the curator WHY??????
I am posting here for more than 3 months and I did not become the curator WHY???????
I will try my best for being the curator and I will select projects which have less than 100 views and not someone's project which is very, very popular. like guardian 3D and 3D plane game. these are the most best games but I wont curate them because they are really complexed I downloaded them and saw it's way too hard. no one would understand them. so I would curate only simple projects which are easy to understand like this one:

when gf clicked
 repeat until <(timer) > [10]>
   go to [mouse-pointer v]
 end
 think [Scripts in your posts!] for (3) secs

and I wont curate this:

when gf clicked
go to x: (0) y: (0)
forever
 stamp
 change y by ([sin v] of ([cos v] of ([tan v] of (pick random (0) to (99)))))
 change x by ([sin v] of ([cos v] of ([tan v] of (pick random (0) to (99)))))
 clear
end
Please choose me for the curator.

Last edited by Aqibaslam123 (2013-04-30 08:33:23)

Experience Real car racing here now with save and load system!!
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Aqibaslam123/3206807

#5758 2013-04-30 10:00:15

hammad330
New Scratcher

HEY AQIBASLAM123 IS MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok getting to the point,
I apply for curator job:P
lol
I know the scratch team won't chose me!
hahahahahaha

#5759 2013-04-30 10:39:32

lundfamily3
Scratcher

Hi, I am re-doing my entry.

I want to get projects that people worked hard on some views! I tend to enjoy fantasy and drawing. Projects with awesome graphics, good programming, etc. projects made by Collabs would be fun to curate, as many people would have helped out.

So lease consider me  smile

http://i50.tinypic.com/zn102h.jpg

#5760 2013-04-30 11:48:34

Servine
Scratcher

Aqibaslam123 wrote:

I always apply for curator here and I don't become the curator WHY??????
I am posting here for more than 3 months and I did not become the curator WHY???????
I will try my best for being the curator and I will select projects which have less than 100 views and not someone's project which is very, very popular. like guardian 3D and 3D plane game. these are the most best games but I wont curate them because they are really complexed I downloaded them and saw it's way too hard. no one would understand them. so I would curate only simple projects which are easy to understand like this one:

when gf clicked
   go to [mouse-pointer v]
 end

and I wont curate this:

when gf clicked
go to x: (0) y: (0)
forever
 stamp
 change y by ([sin v] of ([cos v] of ([tan v] of (pick random (0) to (99)))))
 change x by ([sin v] of ([cos v] of ([tan v] of (pick random (0) to (99)))))
 clear
end
Please choose me for the curator.

Yeah, cause:

Aqibaslam123 wrote:

WHY???????

Will REALLY help. Also, I would curate what you wouldn't curate, as EFFORT has gone into it, unlike

when gf clicked
   go to [mouse-pointer v]
 end

Which is - frankly - a 9 year old's standard of work.

http://bluetetrarpg.x10.mx/usercard/?name=Servine

#5761 2013-05-01 07:18:34

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

Servine wrote:

Did you insult me?

#5762 2013-05-01 11:09:33

dsaztur
Scratcher

Aqibaslam123 wrote:

Servine wrote:

Did you insult me?

No, he/she didn't and you should seriously stop copying other speeches and saying WHY?????

http://i43.tinypic.com/14slmx.png

#5763 2013-05-01 12:36:35

Servine
Scratcher

dsaztur wrote:

Aqibaslam123 wrote:

Servine wrote:

Did you insult me?

No, he/she didn't and you should seriously stop copying other speeches and saying WHY?????

Why thank you dsaztur :3 Have a cookie  tongue

#5764 2013-05-01 14:21:03

applefur
New Scratcher

Can I be a curator? I like arty projects, and games!

#5765 2013-05-01 14:34:21

Bowser_Jr
Scratcher

Hello!
I know I'm one of the hundreds applying for this job, and I know its a big role to take on. Being a curator for me is not to help others to become famous but to help others explore Scratch and what it can really do. Some projects that have never been thought of before, and make you think: 'oh, what a clever thought!' and 'wow, I never knew you could make something like that!' are the ones I believe should be shown. But not only that, projects that encourage remixing in a creative way.

When I first came to Scratch, I wanted to make a game that would make me famous, known and loved. So I quickly rushed up a project and uploaded and waited for the fame to role in. Know I realized that its not easy to become a such Scratcher. Even the most complex project has such a BIG chance to not be seen. This type of project  I would feature, but not to make it famous, but to show others how Scratch can be interpreted in different ways, and to inspire people to take time and effort in their own creations.

Thanks for taking this in mind -
Bowser_Jr

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u591/ryan_hope1/e5e4c157-0449-4aae-ac37-a2cfaef18e90_zps1bd763f0.jpg

#5766 2013-05-01 22:38:52

angelica101
Scratcher

Hello Scratch Team.
Look, I feel really sick of what I've done before and just want to undo everything. I really want to be a curator on the homepage, and I shall try my hardest to do so. I'm sorry, I really am. I'm trying to change my ways, but it's hard. Please forgive me. I beg you.

Now, my explanation on being curator. I want to curate new projects that are unique, and not professional, but still outstanding. Sure, I'd curate my closest friend's projects, but I'd be open to suggestions as well. I'll curate art, games, and animations. What I will be looking for is
Effort
Creativity
Originality
Not many views.
If I were curator, the first three projects I would curate would be:
The Escape 2
Doodle v 1.2
Polygon Creator
All of these are just great projects that don't just need more views-
The creators deserve them.
All I ask, Scratch team in MIT, is that you make me curator to brighten these creator's days. Just please. One more chance is all I need, and I can change.
I promise.
Thanks for your time,
Angelica

Help with music please!|Nate, new OC! Bye 1.4... We'll miss you! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/298/4/4/44c5a8acdd0f4bf07c2c5b86371ccfd3-d5ivtt4.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/24xf442.png

#5767 2013-05-02 12:50:07

applefur
New Scratcher

I would love it if I could be a curator!! I come on every day, so I'd be able to change projects every two days or so. I wouldn't just post projects from pros, but also projects that have been shared just for a few days. How long would I be curator? I don't really care how long, as long as I get the role!  tongue

#5768 2013-05-02 13:00:45

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

HEY I am using squeak to edit scratch and I made 2 NEW BLOCKS!
WOW!

#5769 2013-05-02 13:19:06

Servine
Scratcher

Aqibaslam123 wrote:

HEY I am using squeak to edit scratch and I made 2 NEW BLOCKS!
WOW!

Pretty good  big_smile

Are you using a tutorial, or are you learning from Squeak's documentation?

Personally, I dislike Squeak's syntax, but that's just me  tongue

#5770 2013-05-02 18:57:07

Rumanti
Scratcher

Just wanting to help out...

Maybe you ask this question:

I have been trying for months, and writing good speechs, but why I am not chosen?"

How do you act in Scratch really counts. For example, if you're a bully (I'M NOT saying you're a bully!) you wouldn't be chosen, no matter how good your speech was.

I have post 13 posts and I'm not still chosen!

"Sometimes Scratch Team ' tests ' how is your strength." ~I forgot, someone in ST. Did you give up? If you really did want to be a curator, don't give up!

NOTE: I have to struggle for 6 months before I can be a curator

Scratch Transition Team
Helps you survive the  BING BANG! (big bang)

#5771 2013-05-03 18:29:11

ferilgater3000
Scratcher

I hope this is the place for the "speech."
Well, let's just say I know what it feels like to make a decent or great game and only get 11 views. Maybe later it will get curated, but that's why I wanted to "try out" for curator.
I'd look for new projects obviously,with probably 60 views or less, and I'd try to do games that have good graphics, good programming, and no blood. My limit for violence is probably shooting any living thing. I'm fine with asteroids, but not deer or animals and people especially. Probably not art, and probably not platformers. If I were curator, I wouldn't curate famous scratchers, even if they have a non famous game.

Well, that's my speech. I hope I can become curator!

Ferilgater3000

#5772 2013-05-03 22:52:14

OrcaCat
Scratcher

Rumanti wrote:

Just wanting to help out...

Maybe you ask this question:

I have been trying for months, and writing good speechs, but why I am not chosen?"

How do you act in Scratch really counts. For example, if you're a bully (I'M NOT saying you're a bully!) you wouldn't be chosen, no matter how good your speech was.

I have post 13 posts and I'm not still chosen!

"Sometimes Scratch Team ' tests ' how is your strength." ~I forgot, someone in ST. Did you give up? If you really did want to be a curator, don't give up!

NOTE: I have to struggle for 6 months before I can be a curator

I waited 2 years before being chosen. My speech was TERRIBLE.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#5773 2013-05-04 05:42:33

caramel_unicorn
New Scratcher

Hi Scratch Team, I think maybe I'd like to be the curator.
I like projects that most people have never seen yet, that include music, addictation, ( That's not even a word, but you get what I mean. >.< ) They can be complex, simple, whatever! I don't have a picture because I stand for the 'newbie' Scratchers. I also like animations, Colouring Contests and more.  smile
Thanks for listening!

#5774 2013-05-04 05:46:40

caramel_unicorn
New Scratcher

Oh, yeah and I come on Scratch every day, so I'll be able to meet your needs.  big_smile
I also like platform games. They're probably my favorite.  tongue

#5775 2013-05-05 14:09:45

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

So the cratch will be closed tomorrow bye bye everyone..
so bye............................

I apply for the curator job
see u in may 9

wow!

Board footer