This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5676 2013-03-24 22:35:14

Bell4Cow
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

•why you should be curator
I can spend time looking through heeps of Scratch programs no matter how pretty or ugly (if its ugly I wouldn't say). I always think: If something isn't well known, it still can be amazing!
Also, when I look through many projects I get inspired to create something new (not necessarily in Scratch, I program other things too).

•what makes you good for the position
I can critique things, and give everything a good chance.

•what types of projects you might curate
Art, games, animations

•examples of projects you might curate
Projects that have found creative ways to do things, like there is this game (a board game I dont know what else to call it) where how many brainwaves you create, is how high up a foam ball flies.

And there is my application!

when gf clicked
repeat until <(Projects Looked At) > [9000]>
  go to [Sleep v]
end
think [Wow I saw loads of projects today!] for (3) secs

Last edited by Bell4Cow (2013-03-24 22:35:35)

#5677 2013-03-25 19:10:55

Lunastar-
Scratcher

Hey peoples---it's easier to become a curator if you state what you'll curate and why you should be one.  big_smile  also, you really shouldn't EXPECT to become on (sorry if I'm ruining it for you) so don't brag about it..be a good sport!
--from the 82nd curator: Me!

Last edited by Lunastar- (2013-03-25 19:14:18)

L- Lunatic is my second middle name. | U- unique | N- Night has stars and "los lunas" in it.  wink  | A- awesomeful | S- Super punny|
T- Three-time curated, once featured | A- Awesomest. curator. EVER!!!! (woo hoo) | R- Rainbows rule, peoples!

#5678 2013-03-25 23:37:57

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

Ok I forgive u Dman-9293

Experience Real car racing here now with save and load system!!
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Aqibaslam123/3206807

#5679 2013-03-26 04:40:41

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

Umm, sorry, if this sounds bad if I repost. But I really want to be a curator, because;

- I think curating is fun!
-You know what I see couple of times in the newest projects? Awesomely awesome project
-Spread happiness, more exciting days, and cuuuraating days!
-My gallery's featured, and I'm very happy. I bet front paged project's author feel the same!

I will curate;

Educational projects
inspirational projects
"not famous" projects
projects that are good to remix, and the author'll love to see it remixed
can be games, art, etc.
can be simple neither hard work.
If i can, i'll curate projects with easy-to-understand scripts.
good for all ages, good for all kind(adult, kids, girl, boy, elementry, middle grader, etc.)
creative ideas project have the biggest chance! (BECAuse creative projects usually deliver creative ideas!)

PS; sorry if I forgot my manners, bad spelling, grammar, or too much exclamation marks, but im excited!
and I care what u care!
Aqibaslam123

#5680 2013-03-26 06:36:11

supermon
Scratcher

Aqibaslam123 wrote:

Ok I forgive u Dman-9293

he cant hear you. i think he blocked you from all that stuff earlier.

Wow. I can't believe I actually just Said that. Lol.

#5681 2013-03-26 11:48:47

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

Supermon u r still rude but Dman9232 has became good and now me too so I wont say bad things to u
Umm, sorry, if this sounds bad if I repost. But I really want to be a curator, because;

-You know what I see couple of times in the newest projects? Awesomely awesome project
-My gallery's featured, and I'm very happy. I bet front paged project's author feel the same!

I will curate;

Educational projects
inspirational projects
"not famous" projects
can be games, art, etc.
good for all ages, good for all kind(adult, kids, girl, boy, elementry, middle grader, etc.)
creative ideas project have the biggest chance! (BECAuse creative projects usually deliver creative ideas!)

PS; sorry if I forgot my manners, bad spelling, grammar, or too much exclamation marks, but im excited!
and I care what u care!
Aqibaslam123

when gf clicked
repeat until projects looked at = 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
stop all

#5682 2013-03-26 20:12:05

jkl0l
Scratcher

I would love to be curator because I want projects out there that are unique and good quality to be recognized. I really like animations, art games, and platformers. I won't pick any games with blood, violence, harsh language, or context against another scratcher. I also won't pick any projects from "Famous People" like Astro, minecraftpe123, or iaoumeur. I will not pick projects that have many views or that are from my friends. I would easily curate projects that are unique, Haven't gotten enough attention, or that are good quality in general. That means I won't pick something like Vector or Minecraft 3D. I will curate projects like this  http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/ComputerNinja/3211957  (simple anamations)  or this, http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/ctc397/3197808  Funny game . I am reposting, so please pick me as curator!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2q3c8b5.png

#5683 2013-03-27 00:04:17

vedkhandekar
Scratcher

I want to apply for the being a curator, here it starts...

My one of the favourite projects is Chop Shop, made by m44 and remixed by godden, here's the link, beta.scratch.mit.edu/projects/2988280/

I love games like these, which have challenging levels, in this game there is a man who has to go from pipes to pipes, sometimes these pipes emit smoke that the man can't bear and the man falls down. There is also a Variable which counts the no. of deaths, that are due to smoke. This project has 15 sprites and 38 scripts. The scripting done is also very good.

I will curate superb projects that have very less views, like the project above, it's a superb project and has got only 27 views!

I have been on Scratch past one year, I always imagined how did the projects come to front page and get Featured. My projects were never Featured, but when I saw project with less views than mine, but great. I decided to become a curator, I asked Lightnin*, that how do I become a curator, he told me it's here so I came here and read and posted this speech for applying for curator.

I take a oath that I will be polite. I can tell you that how I will curate...
1. First I will select the best ten projects with less views.
2. I'll sort them and select the best 5 with less views.
3. From them I'll sort the best three and favourite them!

As I live in Maharashtra, India, the project I will curate will be done when it's evening in U.S.A or some east countries. I am in school from 8:30am to 4:00pm, if I get selected as a curator, I will sit from 4:00pm to 5:00pm(5:30pm if there's a holiday).

I will also tell what makes me good for curator:-
1. I know C, C++, HTML, sdlBASIC, QBASIC, Flash, so can know that a program is how efficient.
2. I am good at Scratch and I am trying to make new cool blocks  in Scratch 2.0(beta).

Well, this is the end, now you have to select who's going to be the curator! smile

From Ved Khandekar

when gf clicked
repeat until <<(Projects_selected) = [Good]> and <(Projects_seen) > [500]>>
go to [Projects need to be curated v]
run (curate)
end
say [Curating projects done!:)]

Last edited by vedkhandekar (2013-03-27 00:10:54)

http://beta.scratch.mit.edu/static/site/galleries/thumbnails/19/2162.png

#5684 2013-03-27 00:06:42

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

why you should be curator
I can spend time looking through heeps of Scratch programs no matter how pretty or ugly (if its ugly I wouldn't say). I always think: If something isn't well known, it still can be amazing!
Also, when I look through many projects I get inspired to create something new (not necessarily in Scratch, I program other things too).

•what makes you good for the position
I can critique things, and give everything a good chance.

•what types of projects you might curate
Art, games, animations

•examples of projects you might curate
Projects that have found creative ways to do things, like there is this game (a board game I dont know what else to call it) where how many brainwaves you create, is how high up a foam ball flies.

And there is my 1/4 application!

I would love to be curator because I want projects out there that are unique and good quality to be recognized. I really like animations, art games, and platformers. I won't pick any games with blood, violence, harsh language, or context against another scratcher. I also won't pick any projects from "Famous People" like Astro, minecraftpe123, or iaoumeur. I will not pick projects that have many views or that are from my friends. I would easily curate projects that are unique, Haven't gotten enough attention, or that are good quality in general. That means I won't pick something like Vector or Minecraft 3D. I will curate projects like this  http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/ComputerNinja/3211957  (simple anamations)  or this, http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/ctc397/3197808  Funny game . I am reposting, so please pick me as curator!

I will curate;

Educational projects
inspirational projects
"not famous" projects
can be games, art, etc.

and I care what u care!
Aqibaslam123

#5685 2013-03-27 00:11:13

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

Hey Everyone check out my new account picture it's awesome!!!!
IT'S A GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I m sorry if I wrote a lot of exclamation marks.

#5686 2013-03-27 15:22:44

D-Man9293
Scratcher

supermon wrote:

Aqibaslam123 wrote:

Ok I forgive u Dman-9293

he cant hear you. i think he blocked you from all that stuff earlier.

I un-bloched him, so I can see this. I forgive him too.

Check out my signups for the game show  Scratch Island Survival!

#5687 2013-03-27 16:03:05

UberMoviesPlus
New Scratcher

hello I have lots of time on my hands so I would be willing to do it I love scratch and it is amazing what games you can make with it also stories and comics and movies.
In my opinion on a good game movie or program would be this list.

-Looks professional
-Is fun or worth the time to use it
-creative
-sometimes updates
because of scratch you have unlimited things to make and a lot of the best programs I find are not selected most viewed loved or featured so I want to fix that!

If you choose me I will not let you down at all.

#5688 2013-03-28 20:30:33

hoverdudes
Scratcher

I would like to be curator, though I don't know if I would do well, as I am somewhat of a "new" scratcher. I would choose projects that haven't been front paged recently(2-3 months depends on what the were front paged for), or projects by semi unknown people (less than 70 views/less than 10 loveIts). I would look for creative/interesting spinoffs of average games, like a platformer with a puzzle element added in. I would look for animations, games, interactive art, anything I think is worthy of curation and does not already have enough attention. Even a few well done educational things. I would basically look for cool, good projects that are not well known and at least semi unique.basically, the rules are

- has not been front paged in 2-3 months depending on what it was front paged for ( 3 months for top loved etc.)

- under 70 views and 10 LoveIts

- creative/unusual project

- well made/ easily controlled

I hope I get to be a curator at some point! I would stick with my rules and try not to disappoint the community. There are lots of projects to be seen, and a lot of people to be noticed! (I'm carrying on a tradition here)

when gf clicked
repeat until <(good projects not curated) = [0]
     go to [scratch.com and curate them all v] 
end
think [scratch has 10 more happy curated users] for (3) secs
If the scratchblocks failed, whatever. The message still remains!

#5689 2013-03-29 11:03:50

D-Man9293
Scratcher

I'll try again, 5th time, but I don't care how many tries I take. It's fun to try. Anyway, I think being a curator would be fun, but with one problem. What would I do when my job is over, and I still have more to curate? I know what I'd do, but I'll do it if I get the job. I would hope to make people happy with the curated projects. I would't curate thing that are overviolent, have bad language, or have over 50 views, or 10 love-its. I would curate projects that are unique, original, have good artwork, etc. Also I wouldn't curate projects by myself. Please consider me, but If I don't get the job, I'll keep trying!  smile

#5690 2013-03-29 23:03:26

CaptainDoritos
New Scratcher

I would like to be a curator! I like games and stories espescially games that look like pro-editors made them. I think that the Scratchers will love my picks. I like games like Compound82 (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/theChAOTiC/3116568), Plasmo II(http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/FaceOs/2900935) and stories like cow. (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/jonzo/3146451) and Road to Lolliland (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/SpriteMaster/1853238)! Please pick me for next curator! Pick CaptainDoritos!

#5691 2013-03-30 09:28:13

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

I'll try again, 5th time, but I don't care how many tries I take. It's fun to try. Anyway, I think being a curator would be fun, but with one problem. What would I do when my job is over, and I still have more to curate? I know what I'd do, but I'll do it if I get the job. I would hope to make people happy with the curated projects. I would't curate thing that are overviolent, have bad language, or have over 50 views, or 10 love-its. I would curate projects that are unique, original, have good artwork, etc. Also I wouldn't curate projects by myself. Please consider me, but If I don't get the job, I'll keep trying!  smile

a_meow
aqibaslam123

#5692 2013-03-30 10:15:35

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

when gf clicked
hahahahahaha
go to [scratch forums]
end

#5693 2013-03-31 15:08:47

intake09
New Scratcher

Hey Guys. Oh Yeah Please mate!!! ("Can I have a freind please!")

#5694 2013-04-01 03:00:42

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher

intake09 wrote:

Hey Guys. Oh Yeah Please mate!!! ("Can I have a freind please!")

I added You as My friend intake09

#5695 2013-04-01 03:36:47

newnewfew
Scratcher

I think I should be a curator because I would curate simple but good projects, not really advanced ones which have lots of complicated maths functions. I would curate projects which most young people can understand and are suitable for young people. If someone has put a lot of effort into a project and it isn't very popular, I would curate it as well.

I think I'll be good at it because I have a good idea what most young people will enjoy and understand. I'd choose projects that are mostly made up of scripts like this:

when gf clicked
go to x: (0) y:(0)
forever
 turn cw (2) degrees
 move (10) steps
 change [color v] effect by (1)
end
Not this:

when gf clicked
go to x: (0) y: (0)
forever
 stamp
 change y by ([sin v] of ([cos v] of ([tan v] of (pick random (0) to (99)))))
 change x by ([sin v] of ([cos v] of ([tan v] of (pick random (0) to (99)))))
 clear
end
For example, My Fix it Felix project fits my requirements (although of course I won't curate my own projects).

I would curate any type of simple project, as long as it's suitable.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
-Newnewfew.

Last edited by newnewfew (2013-04-01 03:41:46)

It's contest time!
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/newnewfew/3218957

#5696 2013-04-01 07:05:14

samid11
Scratcher

Who is Pico?!?!

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#5697 2013-04-01 07:11:50

soniku3
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

Who is Pico?!?!

The scratch 2.0 mascot

internet's all about cats today.

#5698 2013-04-01 14:18:24

TheRealScratchCat
Scratcher

we need to have one of our pico free projects on the front page, if we manage this, we can defeated pico!

#5699 2013-04-01 14:24:29

naygoth
Scratcher

pico is sooo cute! :3

#5700 2013-04-01 14:44:05

D-Man9293
Scratcher

naygoth wrote:

pico is sooo cute! :3

No he's not. He's annoying, and hijacking the forums.

Board footer