This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5151 2012-08-17 20:34:56

Blaze_X
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

ilackoriginality wrote:

3rd attempt

blablablablabalbalalaalbalablabalba make me curator

I don't think that will make you curator.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rh5wl0&s=6

#5152 2012-08-17 20:38:38

Blaze_X
Scratcher

jackajacka wrote:

Hello. I would love to be a curator. Currently I have 2 projects that have been curated, RAZOR and Revolution. I loved the feeling I got when the curator said that they would curate it. I would love to share that feeling too. My favorite types of projects are games. I like animations too though. My favorite game on scratch of all time is Spectrum by Wes64. He spent 120+ hours on it and it really shows. I really like it when people spend there free time to make scratch projects. I would curate projects that I felt are "under viewed" and original.

Thanks for looking!

-JackaJacka

I have two projects that are curated too! Don't you feel so happy when that happens?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rh5wl0&s=6

#5153 2012-08-18 12:20:56

CoolScrawl
Scratcher

Blaze_X wrote:

jackajacka wrote:

Hello. I would love to be a curator. Currently I have 2 projects that have been curated, RAZOR and Revolution. I loved the feeling I got when the curator said that they would curate it. I would love to share that feeling too. My favorite types of projects are games. I like animations too though. My favorite game on scratch of all time is Spectrum by Wes64. He spent 120+ hours on it and it really shows. I really like it when people spend there free time to make scratch projects. I would curate projects that I felt are "under viewed" and original.

Thanks for looking!

-JackaJacka

I have two projects that are curated too! Don't you feel so happy when that happens?

Me too  big_smile

http://i.imgur.com/sFkNT3c.gif

#5154 2012-08-18 14:07:17

UltraAdam
Scratcher

CoolScrawl wrote:

Blaze_X wrote:

jackajacka wrote:

Thanks for looking!

-JackaJacka

Me too  big_smile

I haven't  sad

http://i.imgur.com/oRiUo.gif

#5155 2012-08-18 18:21:18

RainbowFlash
Scratcher

Hi! I would love to become a Curator! I've always wanted to. I would pick storys and games
and animations. I would also look for projects with music, I would not pick things that would hurt people like "I'm Quiting" or stuff like that.  big_smile  please think about it.  big_smile

#5156 2012-08-19 01:20:45

UltraAdam
Scratcher

Hello, SDS or whoever's reading this, I think curators are amazing, they show you brilliant projects that you didn't even know about, they give people a spotlight when they never used to get noticed and I would love to be part of this amazing gang that help brilliant programmers who never get noticed to being on the front page, I would love it I go on scratch every day so every day I would curate a new project, I would never curate any violent projects at all.

If your still doubting me take a look at this Gallery to see what projects I would curate.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Yours sisterly
-Ultraadam

#5157 2012-08-19 11:53:51

GuyOfSteel
Scratcher

Hi,
I would like to become a Scratch Curator because there are so many games out there that deserve to be curated! I currently am a Scratch Wiki Editor, and I have contributed in the Scratch Welcoming Committee. The type of projects I like is not limited, but if I had to choose a topic, it would have to be platformers. Thanks for the time,
GuyOfSteel

GuyOfSteel - Wiki Writer

#5158 2012-08-19 14:43:01

mamdmartin
Scratcher

I would love to be curator on the front page!
Here are many reasons why I'd be a great curator.
1. I am experienced so I know what projects deserve to be curated.
2. I want to help others to get the recognition they deserve for their game
3. I will not curate any famous projects ( I will only curate it if it has less than 40 views)
4. I would only curate a couple protects a week so they can get recognized more.
5. I will be respectful to the people who ask me to curate them.

This is why I think I would be a great curator!!

#5159 2012-08-21 14:25:53

gumigirl
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. ^_^ Although most of the items currently in my favorites are projects by my friends, i thiink being curator would be a great opportunity to get a more varied view on the scratch community. no user would be curated more than once, and i would not curate any "famous" scratchers, or projects with over 100 views. i also would not limit those curated to only my friends or scratchers i know well. i'd post any type of project, animations, games, music, whatever. in my opinion, this is all about discovery, and hopefully, becoming curator can help awesome scratchers get discovered.

thanks for considering. gumi.

Of all the things I've ever lost...I miss my mind the most...

#5160 2012-08-22 04:43:57

UltraAdam
Scratcher

UltraAdam wrote:

Hello, SDS or whoever's reading this, I think curators are amazing, they show you brilliant projects that you didn't even know about, they give people a spotlight when they never used to get noticed and I would love to be part of this amazing gang that help brilliant programmers who never get noticed to being on the front page, I would love it I go on scratch every day so every day I would curate a new project, I would never curate any violent projects at all.

If your still doubting me take a look at this Gallery to see what projects I would curate.

Yours sisterly
-Ultraadam

Please VIEW this!!!  sad

#5161 2012-08-22 11:39:04

ImagineIt
Scratcher

UltraAdam wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

Yours sisterly
-Ultraadam

Please VIEW this!!!  sad

That won't help you become a curator. The scratch team barely replies to these. They usually tell you on a project, and you can't just BECOME a curator because you want to be one. I've tried several times so far, still with no luck.

#5162 2012-08-23 03:49:44

UltraAdam
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

Yours sisterly
-Ultraadam

Please VIEW this!!!  sad

That won't help you become a curator. The scratch team barely replies to these. They usually tell you on a project, and you can't just BECOME a curator because you want to be one. I've tried several times so far, still with no luck.

I know, it just feels as thought they don't  sad

#5163 2012-08-23 11:12:27

beyblade4
Scratcher

UltraAdam wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

Please VIEW this!!!  sad

If we could, I would nominate you  big_smile , but anyways I have only tried once which was a couple of days back or a week, but I guess it's a matter of a hit and miss (trial and error) but all you have to do really is just believe (and get REAL lucky lol) big_smile

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=beyblade4&action=projects&type=newest&return=image&num=NUMBER

#5164 2012-08-23 12:17:22

UltraAdam
Scratcher

beyblade4 wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

If we could, I would nominate you  big_smile , but anyways I have only tried once which was a couple of days back or a week, but I guess it's a matter of a hit and miss (trial and error) but all you have to do really is just believe (and get REAL lucky lol) big_smile

I guess your right!  sad

#5165 2012-08-23 12:47:02

humhumgames
Scratcher

The Scratch Team views this, but they usually don't reply on the thread. They only give you news if you were the curator.  smile

#5166 2012-08-23 13:18:01

beyblade4
Scratcher

humhumgames wrote:

The Scratch Team views this, but they usually don't reply on the thread. They only give you news if you were the curator.  smile

I think you're right. So I guess there's no real way for you to know if people have read it (Scratch Team especially) and if you even have a chance. So it's just a matter of waiting....

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=beyblade4&action=projects&type=newest&return=image&num=NUMBER

#5167 2012-08-24 03:51:22

UltraAdam
Scratcher

beyblade4 wrote:

humhumgames wrote:

I think you're right. So I guess there's no real way for you to know if people have read it (Scratch Team especially) and if you even have a chance. So it's just a matter of waiting....

I agree

#5168 2012-08-24 11:26:56

KrIsMa
Scratcher

Hello, I would love to be curator! I want to put on front page very cool games but also games that are lacking views. I think that is the best way to go! It would be great for me to become curator and scratch on!

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=KrIsMa&action=onlineStatus&online=http://i49.tinypic.com/2pzic0m.png&offline=http://i49.tinypic.com/r7p10n.png
The Scratch Team (and fellow scratchers!) is/are so nice!!!

#5169 2012-08-24 19:46:03

lizzyhippo
Scratcher

Hello Scratch Team!
It it awesome when I get a comment.  When your curated, you get thousands of comments.  There are the famous scratchers, and then people with tons of talent and not that many views.  If I become curator, I will give those people a chance to shine!  I will curate projects from non-famous scratchers to semi-famous scratchers.  I would prefer to curate projects with a lot of time put in, good graphics, and, most of all super creative.  No run of the mill projects here!  Thank you for taking time out of your super busy schedule to read my insignifacted post!

smile    big_smile

http://i50.tinypic.com/ofvtpy.png

#5170 2012-08-25 17:45:03

gg787
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator so i can show other scratchers wonderful projects. I would mainly like to focus on fun games! I am a female which i hope can help with your need for variety of curators. I will be thrilled to be a curator, plz help me get the chance! I would also love to spread the message to my friends too.

Last edited by gg787 (2012-09-01 15:51:00)

#5171 2012-08-27 06:21:31

dj3102
Scratcher

can i be a curator i like lots of things on scratch like games and art and i love platformers. im on scratch like everyday so im allways playing the latest games

#5172 2012-08-27 15:03:57

coinman
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. I would only choose projects that have less than a 100 views
unless it is unbelieveably good. I would make sure that all of that user's projects are appropriate and that the user is not mean to other scratchers. Some examples here: http://scratch.mit.edu/galleries/view/175509. I would choose a new project every day.The projects i choose would range from games to animations and simulations.
Please choose me as curator  smile
~coinman

Last edited by coinman (2012-08-29 14:11:21)

Click the picture below to play my best game yet, Snowball Fight!
http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/coinman/3221194_sm.png

#5173 2012-08-28 08:19:55

Joewheeeeler
Scratcher

Hi, I would Love to be one, However I am fairly new to Scratch but are making good progress, (Hopefully) I Like the games were you use your Camera and Microphone Games they are sooo Cool! I Also am really exited about Scratch 2.0 when it finally comes out and I Love doing Programming and HTML and CSS...  smile  Thanks, Joe

http://i.imgur.com/CxwNg.gif

#5174 2012-08-28 13:46:17

thenatashas
Scratcher

Hi Scratch Team!

I have already applied for curator, but I'd like to apply again. See, I always bump into new great projects that only have 20 views! And then I see some projects that are OK and they have 1200+ views! Then I want to help the projects more views... but how do you do that? Well you become  a curator! So far I have "favorite"-ing these projects, but still they remain in the shadows of other projects of well known Scratchers.

I have already applied for curator, but I am testing my luck and trying for a second chance. I probably won't become curator, since I know that usually the well-known Scratchers are the ones that become curator, but I hope you take me into consideration.

I would take in all requests into consideration. I would accept exceptionally different games (not platformers), puzzles, strategy games, and animations. If somebody had already made a front-paged Scratch I probably wouldn't put  up one of their projects for curation, as it is unfair to the newer Scratchers. Most of my favorites I want to curate... they are kind of my list.

If I become curator, I hope I can help the Scratch community and help Scratchers and all. If you have anything for me to do for the community, I'd more than happy to because I love Scratch, and I want other people to too.

-The Natasha S

when gf clicked
forever
think [curator] for (11000)

Last edited by thenatashas (2012-08-28 13:51:22)

#5175 2012-08-28 13:59:29

soniku3
Scratcher

thenatashas wrote:

Hi Scratch Team!

I have already applied for curator, but I'd like to apply again. See, I always bump into new great projects that only have 20 views! And then I see some projects that are OK and they have 1200+ views! Then I want to help the projects more views... but how do you do that? Well you become  a curator! So far I have "favorite"-ing these projects, but still they remain in the shadows of other projects of well known Scratchers.

I have already applied for curator, but I am testing my luck and trying for a second chance. I probably won't become curator, since I know that usually the well-known Scratchers are the ones that become curator, but I hope you take me into consideration.

I would take in all requests into consideration. I would accept exceptionally different games (not platformers), puzzles, strategy games, and animations. If somebody had already made a front-paged Scratch I probably wouldn't put  up one of their projects for curation, as it is unfair to the newer Scratchers. Most of my favorites I want to curate... they are kind of my list.

If I become curator, I hope I can help the Scratch community and help Scratchers and all. If you have anything for me to do for the community, I'd more than happy to because I love Scratch, and I want other people to too.

-The Natasha S

when gf clicked
forever
think [curator] for (11000)

Try'd to block spam..  hmm

internet's all about cats today.

Board footer