This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5126 2012-08-15 16:10:51

angelica101
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

It's been a while since I've asked to be curator. I'm an SDS curator, and I check scratch every day. I always reload the front page for any good creations on recent projects. There are some GREAT projects that only get about 15 views that deserve more. I'll curate projects that are appropriate for all ages. I really wish I could be a curator someday. So I'd LOVE to be a curator!

Thanks,

Angelica

Help with music please!|Nate, new OC! Bye 1.4... We'll miss you! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/298/4/4/44c5a8acdd0f4bf07c2c5b86371ccfd3-d5ivtt4.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/24xf442.png

#5127 2012-08-16 12:26:02

VirtualClown
Scratcher

BirdByte wrote:

VirtualClown wrote:

Hmmm, I was curator about 8 months ago. Too early to apply again? I never saw a rule about applying twice in the OP.

Lightnin states otherwise.

Thanks. Didn't see that, just read the OP and several pages into it.

#5128 2012-08-16 15:38:01

piplup123
Scratcher

Im sorry about me asking but, you guessed it can i be a curator? It sounds like fun and the projects that most find interesting is...Proberly Educaitionol ones (So sorry if i spelt it wrong!) and games that you can tell someone spent a long time on.

#5129 2012-08-16 18:57:18

ImagineIt
Scratcher

Introduction
Hello. My name is ImagineIt, and today, I will be applying for curator on the scratch homepage. I have been noticing that many great projects go unnoticed. I think that this should be put to a stop. I will try to do this by becoming a scratch curator.

Projects I will Curate
I have a wide variety of likings, and will not just stick to one type of project. I will not choose only my friends’ projects, I will not give in to bribing, and I will choose on my own free will. I will ask the owner of a project if they would like to be curated first, in case they want to stay off. Some examples of projects I would curate would be:

Pretty Flower, by leszpio
I.C.E Calculator, by boaz4

and many more. I will go by similar guidelines that the Scratch Team’s featuring does.

Curating
I go on scratch nearly every day, and I love finding new projects. I will search long and hard to find the right projects to curate. I’ll try to curate three new projects every day, for a total of 42 projects in all! I will not curate the same user twice, but the project of theirs that I did curate, I shall place in a gallery that I will create. I will let others suggest projects to be curated, whether it’s their own project, or another project that they like. I will not tell the people anything rude if I don’t like their project, but give constructive criticism instead.

Closing
Thank you for reading my curator application and I would be greatly honored if you would pick me to be your next scratch homepage curator. If I am not chosen, I will not get angry, but I will wait until next month to try again. I know that being a curator is a big responsibility, and a curator is a role-model. Scratch on!

#5130 2012-08-16 19:00:04

henley
Scratcher

I think ImagineIt should be curator.

Oh, and I have a suggestion:

What if we had to nominate other Scratchers to be curators, similar to the featured projects? I think that's a better idea, and it encourages the community to be friendly to one another.

Last edited by henley (2012-08-16 19:00:11)

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#5131 2012-08-16 19:02:03

ImagineIt
Scratcher

henley wrote:

Somebody said that to me a few months ago.  tongue

#5132 2012-08-16 19:04:42

Lucario621
Community Moderator

henley wrote:

What if we had to nominate other Scratchers to be curators, similar to the featured projects? I think that's a better idea, and it encourages the community to be friendly to one another.

That's an interesting idea! But I think there's a lot of people who might not necessarily want to be (or feel ready to be) a curator. Also, that might cause more popular Scratchers to become curators - even though the Scratch Team wants to include a wide variety of Scratchers in the curator slot.  smile

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#5133 2012-08-16 21:32:08

NOBODY_
New Scratcher

I would like to be curator. I would curate good animations as well as games. The limited amount of views is 81 views. The projects have to be good

#5134 2012-08-16 21:43:39

humhumgames
Scratcher

NOBODY_ wrote:

I would like to be curator. I would curate good animations as well as games. The limited amount of views is 81 views. The projects have to be good

When you try, you might want to add a little more to your speech, because it sounds good so far.  smile  And, you have to be Scratcher (Three or more projects, over 10 comments, been on Scratch for a month) to apply. I look forward to the day you do, and try again to become curator.

Scratch On!

#5135 2012-08-16 21:47:24

ImagineIt
Scratcher

humhumgames wrote:

NOBODY_ wrote:

When you try, you might want to add a little more to your speech, because it sounds good so far.  smile  And, you have to be Scratcher (Three or more projects, over 10 comments, been on Scratch for a month) to apply. I look forward to the day you do, and try again to become curator.

Scratch On!

Those are the scratcher limitations? I remember when you only had to be like a week old.

#5136 2012-08-16 21:54:15

humhumgames
Scratcher

Yes. I'm not that old on Scratch to know about the week old stuff (or the miscellaneous forums, for that matter), but yup. That's it. I saw the code once from someone, but it basically means what I said.

#5137 2012-08-16 22:14:02

NOBODY_
New Scratcher

Okay. I been on scratch for a year, My main account is qwerts9000.

#5138 2012-08-16 22:23:19

humhumgames
Scratcher

NOBODY_ wrote:

Okay. I been on scratch for a year, My main account is qwerts9000.

Then I suggest applying in that account, if you would like to apply.  smile

#5139 2012-08-16 22:41:29

access28
Scratcher

Hi, Paddle2See.

I want to be curator because...

1. I'm very, "Responsible."

2. I've been on Scratch for over 6 months(, but I have only been making project for a few months).

•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•

What I would curate if I were a curator…

1. I would make sure it's 100% appropriate for scratch.

2.  It would have to be 80 views, or less.

Paddle2See, those are my reasons why I would LOVE to be curator. I hope I could possibly start sometime soon:)

•access28

#5140 2012-08-17 02:08:54

UltraAdam
Scratcher

UltraAdam wrote:

Dear SDS or any one else who reading this

I have got an idea for a curator that's not me... I think Coolscrawl should be curator because he taught me scratch and with out him I wouldn't have the pleasure of going on scratch every day. Coolscrawl is also still teaching me when we meet (He is teaching me about variables)
he also is always helping me with hard projects and giving me advice on my projects.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please think about what I have said
Yours sisterly
-UA

Has any one even read this?

http://i.imgur.com/oRiUo.gif

#5141 2012-08-17 10:38:54

ImagineIt
Scratcher

UltraAdam wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

I have got an idea for a curator that's not me... I think Coolscrawl should be curator because he taught me scratch and with out him I wouldn't have the pleasure of going on scratch every day. Coolscrawl is also still teaching me when we meet (He is teaching me about variables)
he also is always helping me with hard projects and giving me advice on my projects.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please think about what I have said
Yours sisterly
-UA

You're not supposed to nominate other people. That was just somebody's idea. You have to have them nominate them self.

#5142 2012-08-17 10:43:19

henley
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

Yours sisterly
-UA

You're not supposed to nominate other people. That was just somebody's idea. You have to have them nominate them self.

Lucario621 wrote:

henley wrote:

That's an interesting idea! But I think there's a lot of people who might not necessarily want to be (or feel ready to be) a curator. Also, that might cause more popular Scratchers to become curators - even though the Scratch Team wants to include a wide variety of Scratchers in the curator slot.  smile

There.  smile

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#5143 2012-08-17 11:04:22

beyblade4
Scratcher

Hey guys, I was wondering, when does the Scratch Team check this, like every 2 weeks when they need a new one, or do they already have a list of upcoming curators?

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=beyblade4&action=projects&type=newest&return=image&num=NUMBER

#5144 2012-08-17 11:13:17

humhumgames
Scratcher

List of upcoming.  big_smile

#5145 2012-08-17 13:42:07

UltraAdam
Scratcher

henley wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

henley wrote:

There.  smile

So can we Curate other scratchers?

#5146 2012-08-17 13:43:37

ImagineIt
Scratcher

UltraAdam wrote:

henley wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

There.  smile

No.

#5147 2012-08-17 13:55:23

UltraAdam
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

henley wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

There.  smile

No.

AWW MAN!

#5148 2012-08-17 14:12:45

angelica101
Scratcher

I'm pretty sure no one wants me as curator T_T

Help with music please!|Nate, new OC! Bye 1.4... We'll miss you! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/298/4/4/44c5a8acdd0f4bf07c2c5b86371ccfd3-d5ivtt4.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/24xf442.png

#5149 2012-08-17 14:38:22

berberberber
Scratcher

Hello, this is my speech for curator.

Once, when I first started Scratch, it felt so good to get a love-it.  I want other people to get that feeling as well.  As curator, I would select projects that showcase the community's skills.  I would select projects that are not well known, but are very entertaining to watch or play.  Unlike most curators, I'd give a relatively lenient veiw limit, around 50.  However, I would set the limit at 5 love-its.  Thank you, and Scratch on!

http://i47.tinypic.com/2iaa73k.png

#5150 2012-08-17 17:12:01

humhumgames
Scratcher

angelica101 wrote:

I'm pretty sure no one wants me as curator T_T

You'd make a great curator!

Board footer