This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#4676 2012-04-24 08:41:41

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

rleyfield wrote:

I Wanna Be A Cruator!

Hey, why don't you talk about some of the types of games you would like to curate. Or maybe even give examples of actual games.  smile 
This will give you a better chance of being chosen.  big_smile

#4677 2012-04-24 16:10:48

yajaleel
Scratcher

I'd love to be one!
My name is Yajaleel and I have been on Scratch for 2 months.

#4678 2012-04-24 18:47:23

robot_productions1
Scratcher

Hello Scratcher's and Admin's,

I'd like to become curator. I would give the people who have great projects but get very little views on them a chance to become famous! I'd curate projects with great graphics, sound, and movement! One of those games is a platformer called "Chamber" which was a collab between Almic12 and Bestvitalic2, the link is here: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/almic12/1941839. This has realistic movements, great graphics, and cool levels and obstacles!!! Me and Almic12 are friends(over the internet) and his dream is for that project to be curated, i'd really love to have his dream come true!!! There are other projects that i know of (diffrent kinds like animations, games, artwork, and some more) that i think deserve to be front paged. I've been on scratch for 1 and a half years now, but before 2 weeks ago i was never really involved in the community, until i got a message from GoldRock saying that he liked my projects and wanted me to become a judge for the 2012 Scratch Olyimpics. It was then that i started going on the forums and i've been becoming more and more active ever since then. I'd truly love to become a curator and i hope that i do!!
Cya later and SCRATCH ON!!!!!!

Last edited by robot_productions1 (2012-04-24 19:11:22)

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6606/robotproductions1.png

#4679 2012-04-25 20:58:45

Wes64
Scratcher

Hello!
I would like to become a curator for the scratch homepage. I really want to become more active in the community of scratch, and I think this opportunity would be awesome. I don't want to only give people a chance at fame, but rather I would like to share projects that users both new and experianced would enjoy and learn from. I will find projects that are simple yet fun, that less experianced scratchers can play for enjoyment and learn from so they can get better at scratch. I will try to avoid overly complicated projects since it is difficult for most of the community to learn from them. I will also find projects that teach people useful or cool information about science, since I love science and simulations of science. I also really enjoy skill based games, where it is up to your button pressing abilities and strategy to win. I like games that you can open up and play for 10 minutes and still be entertained. I promise to be respectful at all times and to follow the curation guidelines as closely as I can. I hope my choices as curator will inspire people on scratch to explore more project types and learn how to make that game they really want to. I very much hope that you will consider me.

Sincerely, Wes64

Experienced 2.0 Tester: Ask me questions!
Using Firefox 13.0, Flash plugin version 11.4.402.287, and Windows XP Professional.

#4680 2012-04-25 21:01:07

zubblewu
Scratcher

Hello. I would love to be curator of scratch. I have always wanted to submit an application, but I didn't feel experienced enough. I have been on scratch for more than a year now, and would really like to give other scratchers the thrill of being on the front page for (one of?) the first times. I was curated once, by Saca312, and it feels great knowing that people were viewing my project and liked it. I would curate games from people who deserve more recognition. I would switch them out over time depending on how i would rate them in comparison to the other projects i was currently curating. I hope you will consider my application, and scratch on!

Edit: I have been on scratch a long time, but rarely use the forums, which is why most post count is so low.

Last edited by zubblewu (2012-04-25 21:01:55)

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#4681 2012-04-25 21:02:13

wolvesstar97
Scratcher

yajaleel wrote:

I'd love to be one!

Talking about the type of projects you would curate, what makes you a good canitate, etc. could increase your chances of becoming a curator. In case you're wondering, I was a curator once.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33551365/psyko.png

#4682 2012-04-26 10:15:53

theo19081234
New Scratcher

is there any way to stop peolple posting rubbish projects
its pointless and annoying

#4683 2012-04-26 10:23:48

Hardmath123
Scratcher

theo19081234 wrote:

is there any way to stop peolple posting rubbish projects
its pointless and annoying

The best thing to do if you see a "rubbish" project is to Flag it. The the Scratch Team can check the project out and see if it needs to be deleted.

But normally the Scratch Team encourages sharing of any (appropriate) project, even if it is just a non-moving sprite. Sharing is part of the website's core values, and you should be able to share anything. Who knows? I remember once a "rubbish" project where the Scratch Cat was just rotating forever was the inspiration for a cool project by Paddle2See for Pi day!  smile

Hardmaths-MacBook-Pro:~ Hardmath$ sudo make $(whoami) a sandwich

#4684 2012-04-26 15:37:02

MissRika
Scratcher

YO~! I would love to be a curator, it sounds like a very interesting job!
I really love well-scripted, advanced projects, but I also very much enjoy stories and long animations, such as AMVs and I would love to get projects out there that aren;t very well noticed, as in Real2000Ghoul's project, Luigi's Birthday Party! I haven't had an account on Scratch for very long, but I have been messing around with it for 2-3 years!! For one thing though, I don't know if I am experienced enough to get the job as a curator.
It would probably be very fun for me to be a curator, as I love getting messages.
Hope you accept me~!
~MR <3

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/l0ve1y/2616094_sm.png EpicMag- The most Epic Magazine EVER
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz132/ForestStar7/tumblr_lnu4ndOmDF1qafrh6.gif

#4685 2012-04-26 17:34:30

humhumgames
Scratcher

How does a curator select one of your projects?

#4686 2012-04-26 17:36:44

Lucario621
Community Moderator

humhumgames wrote:

A curator selects projects by having them as their most recently favorited projects. If they already favorited the project they want to curate, then they can unfavorite it and re-favorite it.

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#4687 2012-04-26 17:41:43

XenoK
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

humhumgames wrote:

A curator selects projects by having them as their most recently favorited projects. If they already favorited the project they want to curate, then they can unfavorite it and re-favorite it.

I think that they should explain that on the first post

Last edited by XenoK (2012-04-26 17:41:57)

Eternity Tasks has launched into Alpha One! http://tasks.eternityincurakai.com/EI%20projects.png

#4688 2012-04-27 13:30:07

SJRCS_011
Scratcher

I, SJRCS_011, would like to be a curator.
So, you're probably going to ask me what I would curate.  The answer is simply complicated (you'll see why  tongue  ).

Having been an active member in the AT recently, I have come to appreciate the projects these kind of people make.  It isn't always the Scratch scripting that's amazing, but the related code as well (Magnie's Chat.py, for example).  Very advanced Scratch projects also catch my eye, because it shows just how much effort goes into them.

But it's not only complicated projects I like.  The simple ones are very good.  If I become curator, one thing I promise I will do is to go to the New Scratchers forum and curate at least  5 projects only from New Scratchers.  Why, you ask?  Well, having one of their first projects on the front page can certainly make a New Scratcher very happy.  It may make them stick around for a while.  Who knows, that Scratcher could be our next moderator or the developer of an amazing mod.

http://i.imgur.com/vQqtH.png
Learning to Program in a Nutshell:  "You're missing a closing parentheses" - LS97

#4689 2012-04-27 15:25:06

Unite
Scratcher

Here it is:

Application:

I would love to be a scratch curator! It sounds like a great way to show what is in during scratch! But, lets get down to the first order of business, Scratches Motto.

Scratch's motto is: Imagine, Program, Share. now, lets pass the first two and get to the last.Share. Well, to me, sharing is what makes this website possible. It starts conversations, it shows people your character, ideas, inventions, games, and more! Sharing is one of the best ways to be social. but to me, sharing is more than a word with a definition, its a privilege. And that is also what makes up being curator. being able to SHARE!

Imagine me being able to share others programs...
       Thats scratch...
            Those are curators...
                Could I be one???

Last edited by Unite (2012-04-27 15:25:29)

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p570/bolemis/31023108819264274478797.gif

#4690 2012-04-27 16:27:45

sonicawesomegame
Scratcher

is there still a curator?

#4691 2012-04-27 16:28:24

schusteralex2
Scratcher

sonicawesomegame wrote:

is there still a curator?

Yes  wink

http://i44.tinypic.com/2uj37ds.gif

#4692 2012-04-28 05:34:05

melleb
Scratcher

as a curator I would take a look at all kinds of projects, simulations, music, video's, games, whatever. because I think that graphics are as important as good scripts I'd look at graphics a lot. so please, please, please, make me a curator!

#4693 2012-04-28 05:41:00

soniku3
Scratcher

could i be a corator?
I like games with good sprites and music... And with mostly no blood
And a good gameplay too! And i like project theres working more then one hour on!

internet's all about cats today.

#4694 2012-04-28 14:38:42

chanmanpartyman
Scratcher

XenoK wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

humhumgames wrote:

I think that they should explain that on the first post

They tell you in the Curator Komputor. Since it really shouldn't matter to you much unless you are a curator  smile

#4695 2012-04-28 23:42:14

darthvader111
Scratcher

Great idea! More people being curators means more points of view for a project. More points of view means less popular games can get at least the views they deserve.

#4696 2012-04-29 00:12:44

humhumgames
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

yajaleel wrote:

I'd love to be one!

Talking about the type of projects you would curate, what makes you a good canitate, etc. could increase your chances of becoming a curator. In case you're wondering, I was a curator once.

How was it (Being a curator?)?  I'm thinking if I should apply or not.

#4697 2012-04-29 09:51:56

ExtremelyGamer
Scratcher

Dear Scratch team.

I am pretty new on scratch almost 2 months and I thought about it and now I really want to become a curator. I have started making videos on some scratch projects on youtube, to make scratch more popular and the project, as well as for the maker of the project to feel good about themselves that they have a video on youtube. Now I wanted to make other projects that are really hard to make popular only curated, like Scratcher of the month by Northmeister should have many more scratchers voting. Being curator is not just finding projects you like and favoring them, it is giving a project that has feelings of hard work and love. Usually projects of jonzo, astro. etc have lots of very good projects, but it's not worth curating, cause it already was front paged and famous enough. As me I like projects that have a lot of effort or creativity.

"Submarines are like water like underwater airplanes" O_o

#4698 2012-04-29 10:24:57

NeilWest
Scratcher

Hello, my name is NeilWest (not actually) and I'd love to become a Scratch curator.

I've been on Scratch for 2 years and 4 months, and I know how much experience means to a curator. I'd love to showcase new projects which have (unfortunately) not received many views or notice, but have an obvious amount of effort put into it. Like epninja's Scratch Marathon.

Also, I'd like to showcase projects which have utilized the remixing feature for a good reason, and built upon something in an original way. I'd be a great way to show what remixing was meant for, not for copying people's games, projects or animations and art. An example of this is DarthPickley's Random Melody Improviser which added more customization controls to BATzerk's Random Melody Generator.

Last but not least, I'd showcase games which are lengthily, and take a long time to complete. These games are the best, because they focus on the story as well as the gameplay - to ensure that the player will enjoy the game for as long as possible. benjamin2's The Level Game is 100% gameplay and does require some know-how.

I'd appreciate it if I was nominated, and of course, I'm sure loads more new users would be seen as a regular on the front page if I was chosen.

#4699 2012-04-29 14:22:36

humhumgames
Scratcher

darthvader111 wrote:

Great idea! More people being curators means more points of view for a project. More points of view means less popular games can get at least the views they deserve.

Well said.

#4700 2012-04-30 01:04:54

Dawnspirit59
Scratcher

I would love to be one.  smile  I know lots of amazing games that don't have many views.

Board footer