This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#3276 2011-05-08 12:52:16

The_Dancing_Donut
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

EzekielE wrote:

The_Dancing_Donut wrote:

My ridiculously long speech

Note: Scratch Team - if you choose me, would it be possible to curate from my Planet-Jedward account, to make sure my favourited projects don't get mixed up? Never mind, I was just wondering. Is it possible?

I vote the dancing donut is the curator, because he/she seems to want to be...  lol

Thank you ^^

@everyone who complimented, thanks  big_smile

Offending strangers since 2010.

#3277 2011-05-08 13:09:24

The_Dancing_Donut
Scratcher

wolvesrock99 wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

EzekielE wrote:

I vote the dancing donut is the curator, because he seems to want to be...  lol

There's more to a speech then length  tongue

However, that was a very good speech, it has a purpouse that connects directly to the want of being a curator, but it seems a little like begging, and (best way to put it) seducing, because generally people connect "long speech=good" and dont take much time to read between the lines.
[blocks]<clear graphic effects>[/blocks]

NOW read the speech:

I think I would make a good curator, so I am going to type lots of sappy waffle to try and convince Scratch. <waffle waffle blah blah waffle blah blah blah sappy waffle blah blah blah> Lots of new Scratchers look just on the front page and nowhere else (critical point!) <blah blah blah waffle rant blah blah ranting blah blah blah waffle I like good games blah blah blah> I think the Spinning Scratch Cat project is an example of lazyness that people just copy it <more waffle blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah waffle> Please make me a curator. <sappy smile with puppy-dog eyes>

I agree with scimonster, because really, "there's more to a speech than length."

Uh, thanks?
It's all relevant stuff, ya know ;p
Did you actually read all of my speech? I wouldn't be able to fit all my ideas and opinions into 4 lines, so I wrote a fairly-large speech. DEAL WITH IT >:-D

#3278 2011-05-08 13:14:58

Kris7tina
Scratcher

wolvesrock99 wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

EzekielE wrote:

However, that was a very good speech, it has a purpouse that connects directly to the want of being a curator, but it seems a little like begging, and (best way to put it) seducing, because generally people connect "long speech=good" and dont take much time to read between the lines.

NOW read the speech:

I think I would make a good curator, so I am going to type lots of sappy waffle to try and convince Scratch. <waffle waffle blah blah waffle blah blah blah sappy waffle blah blah blah> Lots of new Scratchers look just on the front page and nowhere else (critical point!) <blah blah blah waffle rant blah blah ranting blah blah blah waffle I like good games blah blah blah> I think the Spinning Scratch Cat project is an example of lazyness that people just copy it <more waffle blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah waffle> Please make me a curator. <sappy smile with puppy-dog eyes>

I agree with scimonster, because really, "there's more to a speech than length."

Dancing Donut, u should REALLY  be currator. I also want to be one, but u have better resons... Again, u should be currator! GOOD LUCK DANCING DONUT! (ps, awesome username)

#3279 2011-05-08 14:29:04

The_Dancing_Donut
Scratcher

Kris7tina wrote:

wolvesrock99 wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

NOW read the speech:

Dancing Donut, u should REALLY  be currator. I also want to be one, but u have better resons... Again, u should be currator! GOOD LUCK DANCING DONUT! (ps, awesome username)

Thank you so much Kris7ina! I've got my fingers crossed  smile  And thanks, I like doughnuts ^^

Why don't you post a speech? It's worth a try!  big_smile

#3280 2011-05-08 19:30:25

Mr-Negitive
Scratcher

Hey can I please be a curator I always wanted to be one thanks bye!

#3281 2011-05-09 09:15:47

scimonster
Community Moderator

wolvesrock99 wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

EzekielE wrote:

NOW read the speech:

It was Chrischb, who said that, not me.  tongue

#3282 2011-05-09 17:39:11

zorcy
New Scratcher

I wanna be a curator because I need people to pay attention to my amazing projects. No one looks at them so this is my time to shine!
                                                       -Zorcy

#3283 2011-05-10 13:42:21

horido6
Scratcher

dear the scratch team,
I'd love to be a curator! I would choose project that peaple work hard on ones that don't get much  veiws and ones that are random! and also some about stuff I like!  smile  kirby games are cool because you can draw into the game! <( ' ' )>
yours sincerly,
Horido6

HORIDO6 THE MOVIE IS ALMOST OUT!  cool
http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/762393_med.png?t=2013-02-11+16%3A38%3A30

#3284 2011-05-10 13:55:13

mattyboy321
Scratcher

hi i havent been front paged or anything to do with the front page ever but i think i might be good at this so i really want to. i know who most of the 'famous' scratchers are so they will be in friends newest projects for nearly half of scratch so they dont need so much attention. i know how scratch curation works, you get a message if you become curator and you can put the scratch projects you think should be on the front page by putting those in your favourites. i will not go for only the game i will go with any project that i think is worthy of being curated. i will not just go for my friends projects, i will go for any peoples projects. if they dont want to be curated then i will not curate that project. if people ask me to be curated i will look at the project but since they asked me i will make it less likely to be curated but will still be thought about. i will not go for my own projects otherwise i would just be putting all of mine on. im always on scratch apart from mon-fri from morning till half three (english time) and if you want to look at my suggestion for scratch that i think should happen go to this link, http://suggest.scratch.mit.edu/forums/60449-suggestions/suggestions/1765823-scratch-chat and this is probably my best suggestion.

#3285 2011-05-10 14:31:23

melleb
Scratcher

I'd like to become a curator, I especially like interactive art projects and incredible stuff like a 1s1s screen keyboard. I also like games!

#3286 2011-05-12 15:18:28

RainbowUmbrella
Scratcher

Hi, everyone.
Scratch team-
I'm moocow98-  have two accounts, one for my art and one for my programming.  was curator a wwhile ago as moocow98, but  didn't feel like  did very well. I hardly ever changed the projects, and I didn't look around enough before making my choices. I WAS wondering if you would consider letting me ttry again with this account, because I wish I had done better.
I have the same plan as before- I would curate a diverse variety of projects, but only ones I thought had effort and thought put into them and were good uses of scratch.

Hope you consider me!
Thanks a lot.
- RainbowUmbrella

#3287 2011-05-12 15:21:47

EzekielE
Scratcher

RainbowUmbrella wrote:

Hi, everyone.
Scratch team-
I'm moocow98-  have two accounts, one for my art and one for my programming.  was curator a wwhile ago as moocow98, but  didn't feel like  did very well. I hardly ever changed the projects, and I didn't look around enough before making my choices. I WAS wondering if you would consider letting me ttry again with this account, because I wish I had done better.
I have the same plan as before- I would curate a diverse variety of projects, but only ones I thought had effort and thought put into them and were good uses of scratch.

Hope you consider me!
Thanks a lot.
- RainbowUmbrella

Sigh, with so many people volunteering, and only a few getting to go, they simply won't let someone go twice  sad

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i2260/Achievement++get%21/Find+a+Disk/mca.pnghttp://ezekielelin.com/1x1Gif/image.php

#3288 2011-05-12 16:46:34

James546372819000
Scratcher

░█████░░░░░█████░
█░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░█
░░███░░░░░░░███░░█
░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░██
█░░░███░░░█░░░███
█░░████░░░█░░████
█░░░███░░░█░░░███
░█░░░█░░░░░█████
░░███░░░░░█░░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ █
░░██░░░░██░░░░░░░░███
░░░████████░░░░░░░███
░░░░████████░░░░░███
░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███
█░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░█
██████

JamesGamesStudios© >.<

#3289 2011-05-12 17:08:14

EzekielE
Scratcher

Hey Scratch Team-

Almost everyone would say they wanted too!!!

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i2260/Achievement++get%21/Find+a+Disk/mca.pnghttp://ezekielelin.com/1x1Gif/image.php

#3290 2011-05-12 17:55:51

RainbowUmbrella
Scratcher

EzekielE wrote:

RainbowUmbrella wrote:

Hi, everyone.
Scratch team-

Hope you consider me!
Thanks a lot.
- RainbowUmbrella

Sigh, with so many people volunteering, and only a few getting to go, they simply won't let someone go twice  sad

i know... I just did a really bad job....  hmm

#3291 2011-05-12 23:15:46

scimonster
Community Moderator

EzekielE wrote:

RainbowUmbrella wrote:

Hi, everyone.
Scratch team-

Hope you consider me!
Thanks a lot.
- RainbowUmbrella

As Lightnin said,

Lightnin wrote:

Well, there's so many bajillions of great Scratchers who've never even gotten to be curator once, I don't think it'd really be fair to let someone go twice....

#3292 2011-05-13 17:28:15

macandcheese
Scratcher

Could i have a shot at curator? cool 
thanks in advance.  big_smile :

#3293 2011-05-14 06:46:12

snowpelt
Scratcher

id like to be a curator and um............ i really like projects that are creative clever and things like a platform game or animation because good platform games are always a bit of a challenge i like challenges and im sure lots of people do to and a good animation really hooks u in and i love reading and storys so i love animations and i would probebly choose arty projects bcause there very inspiering and lots of people like art

#3294 2011-05-14 15:04:06

Creator3437
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. I would pick cool projects that deserve to get more views.

#3295 2011-05-14 17:31:04

harques
New Scratcher

I'd love to be a curator!
i think

#3296 2011-05-14 17:49:39

The_Lost_Soul
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator. I love projects that have great animation and I have another account Skywatcher. This account is new, but I'm not a new scratcher.

Thanks!

#3297 2011-05-15 10:54:23

shiguy101
Scratcher

if i would be a curator i would put up funny and creative projects that no one has seen
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/maxsteele2/308378
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/shiguy101/1705436
to name a few

#3298 2011-05-15 16:37:45

kman20
Scratcher

I would really like to be a curator. I enjoy fun games and when a really well programmed fun game is unknown to the cummunity i would like it to be seen more also it seems very fun being able to have a choice on which project you want to choose. please select me as a curator
            ,kman20

#3299 2011-05-15 19:33:40

pokefreak77
New Scratcher

can i be one? i am the smartest one in my school, and i can program in Python, too.

#3300 2011-05-16 10:53:33

disqualifica
Scratcher

How do i post?

Forever-Watch my videos, Love and Add them, And tell your friends to do the same! -Disqualifica! http://scratch.mit.edu/users/disqualifica

Board footer