This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#3076 2011-04-02 02:22:03

CheekyGirl
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

i would like to be a one

#3077 2011-04-02 07:31:34

Alternatives
Scratcher

I've been jealous of the curator's role for a long time so, yeah, I would like to apply. I am fair, honest, persistent(as you can see) and will try to make a variaty of the projects I curate. That is, if I'm picked  tongue

Also I already know of a lot of unknown, however EXTREMLY talented scratchers

My favoriote type of projects are:

Simulations

OS's

Designing Projects

Games

Seeing as there aren't any animation type things there, I'd try to pick some  tongue

Also, I don't want to do this because I'll get attention, I want to do it so freejam, fulldroid, 3Dimensional, yickpoo/Prosper-Ent-Games and countless other hard working, talented scratchers will get noticed  smile

Some unnoticed projects with excellent quality that I know are:

The FJOS3 by freejam.

Skelloïds by zbi.

3D Pyramid Creator by 3Dimensional

And countless others  big_smile

Last edited by Alternatives (2011-04-03 06:20:32)

http://i42.tinypic.com/98vmms.png
Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say. I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.

#3078 2011-04-02 09:51:45

Kiaralionking2
Scratcher

Hi scratch team! I'm kiaralionking2 and I was wondering how to become curator. My times are fair and I never post bad projects.  I love having messages. I joined the scratch team in febuary 2011. I want to make a difference and I never posh bad comments (unless someone posts a bad comment on one of my projects) I don't swear and it would be a pleasure to be a curator so my lIfe can be changed. I'm a gamer , a artist and a cartoonist. I enter colouring contests and flag the projects that need to be flagged. I never share my email or any other things not needed to be shared on the Internet. I like to be helpful on scratch because it shows I'm a credit to he website.

Many thanks: kiaralionking2  big_smile

#3079 2011-04-02 10:59:34

Kiaralionking2
Scratcher

Hi scratch team! I'm kiaralionking2 and I was wondering how to become curator. My times are fair and I never post bad projects.  I love having messages. I joined scratch in febuary 2011. I want to make a difference and I never posh bad comments (unless someone posts a bad comment on one of my projects) I don't swear and it would be a pleasure to be a curator so my lIfe can be changed. I'm a gamer , a artist and a cartoonist. I enter colouring contests and flag the projects that need to be flagged. I never share my email or any other things not needed to be shared on the Internet. I like to be helpful on scratch because it shows I'm a credit to he website.

#3080 2011-04-02 11:11:35

Kiaralionking2
Scratcher

Kiaralionking2 wrote:

Hi scratch team! I'm kiaralionking2 and I was wondering how to become curator. My times are fair and I never post bad projects.  I love having messages. I joined scratch in febuary 2011. I want to make a difference and I never posh bad comments (unless someone posts a bad comment on one of my projects) I don't swear and it would be a pleasure to be a curator so my lIfe can be changed. I'm a gamer , a artist and a cartoonist. I enter colouring contests and flag the projects that need to be flagged. I never share my email or any other things not needed to be shared on the Internet. I like to be helpful on scratch because it shows I'm a credit to he website.

<change[  ]effect by( <switch to costume[ <next costume><say[  ]for(  )secs>

#3081 2011-04-02 17:19:13

Marzuk
Scratcher

I'm interested in projects where you have a wide viriaty of what you can do like real life. I also like projects were you can get feedback like this one http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Nitezscratch/1671053 I would like to be a curator.

#3082 2011-04-03 15:16:45

clurky
Scratcher

Ok although I am new to scratch i have learned alot about computer and animation though other programs ( this has been the most helpful though) Thus my past knowledge I can tell when people put work into there projects or not. I also have learned through my small experience in art that detail can sometimes be everything and i always look for detail. Such as in drawings I typically look at details in the eyes or shading. Or in gaming i look for logical order and or a logical story. I don't mind spamming so i will look at maily all projects that are brought to my atettion. The only friend I have on scratch is Pollythera and i guarntee to keep it fair that I will never one of her projects. ( unless there is an amazing significant above the rest) I will also try and picked the talented but very unfamous people and I have realized that most curators pick games but honestly there are loads of subjects besides games so i will look at any type of project to keep it equal to everyone. Thank you for your consideration and if I were to be chosen as a curator i would take the pleasure responsbly.
Sincerely,
Clurky  big_smile

#3083 2011-04-03 15:34:12

Retop720
Scratcher

I would choose very good games with a lot of scripting, that I would study carefully.

#3084 2011-04-03 15:35:50

TVflea
Scratcher

clurky wrote:

Ok although I am new to scratch i have learned alot about computer and animation though other programs ( this has been the most helpful though) Thus my past knowledge I can tell when people put work into there projects or not. I also have learned through my small experience in art that detail can sometimes be everything and i always look for detail. Such as in drawings I typically look at details in the eyes or shading. Or in gaming i look for logical order and or a logical story. I don't mind spamming so i will look at maily all projects that are brought to my atettion. The only friend I have on scratch is Pollythera and i guarntee to keep it fair that I will never one of her projects. ( unless there is an amazing significant above the rest) I will also try and picked the talented but very unfamous people and I have realized that most curators pick games but honestly there are loads of subjects besides games so i will look at any type of project to keep it equal to everyone. Thank you for your consideration and if I were to be chosen as a curator i would take the pleasure responsbly.
Sincerely,
Clurky  big_smile

i think they're looking for older scratchers

-iNetMaster-'s not dead, get used to it. ! big_smile .
http://is.gd/YrQzXX

#3085 2011-04-04 11:13:24

klabss
Scratcher

the kind of thing that i fave is ones with great graphics and lots of humor. and the things i make are supposed to be creative and unique like this one http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/klabss/1700642  smile

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/KlabsTestAcount/1753784

#3086 2011-04-04 12:09:20

Necromaster
Scratcher

klabss wrote:

the kind of thing that i fave is ones with great graphics and lots of humor. and the things i make are supposed to be creative and unique like this one http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/klabss/1700642  smile

You just advertised your own project you realize

#3087 2011-04-04 18:28:40

Chrischb
Scratcher

Necromaster wrote:

klabss wrote:

You just advertised your own project you realize

klabss was just showing his/her type of project - 'and the things i make are...'.

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#3088 2011-04-04 22:13:47

itchygirl
New Scratcher

i want to be a curator!  smile

#3089 2011-04-05 18:21:36

Marzuk
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. I like appropiate funny, interactive, animated, feedback, real-life based, these types of games I would curate if curator and would add to my favorites and consider them cool.
My Site

<say[ Visit My site!
                                      http://www.gifs-paradise.com/animated_gifs/owls/animated-gifs-owls-03.gif

Last edited by Marzuk (2011-04-05 18:51:32)

#3090 2011-04-06 10:21:20

Wjc0906
Scratcher

Hi, I'm Wjc0906 and I would love to be a curator! I would curate games that show effort and creativity. I like games that involve imagination and I'm sure everyone else does, too. If I became curator, I would also choose games that have educational value and/or a lesson in them. Those are usually the ones that I remember more and are more valuable to me.

Scratch on!

cool  Wjc0906  roll
Puff Sequel, expected (7/31/11)

#3091 2011-04-06 10:29:59

scimonster
Community Moderator

Nice! It seems many people want games back...

#3092 2011-04-06 12:07:56

CloneCommando1
Scratcher

If I could be a curator, that would be awesome. I have seen many cool projects, and I think it would be even cooler to show them to other Scratchers! I just would like to give back to Scratch for all the fun I've had on this awesome site! If not, I guess I can try again. Wish me luck!~CloneCommando1

RANDOM THOUGHT: If the tomato is a fruit, doesn't that make ketchup a smoothie?

#3093 2011-04-06 17:31:12

G-cubex
Scratcher

Can I be a Curater please????? I like platform games and puzzels the best but, if a scratcher put alot of work into their project and dezerves to be featured it is even better.
(P.S. I love scratch  big_smile )

big_smile

#3094 2011-04-06 17:51:51

positivelypositive
Scratcher

Dear Scratch Team,
           I am interested in being a curator on my favorite website, scratch.mit.edu! I am interested in many types of projects, such as animations, games, etc. Please make me curator!
            sincerely,
                    positivelypositive

positivelypositive-scratching since 2010

#3095 2011-04-07 05:10:56

scimonster
Community Moderator

I see many new Scratchers trying to get the position, but it doesn't seem like any of them ever do. I think I know the reason for that: none of them really put alot of work into their speeches. If you want to win, you have to give a long speech, with examples.  smile

#3096 2011-04-07 06:48:01

Earthboundjeff
Scratcher

My name is Earthboundjeff and I love Scratch!
In the 5 months i've been on, i've learned some important things. One of them is that games that are not of a traditional side scrolling perspective are almost completely ignored. If I were to be curator, I would right this wrong and bring innovative games, non-platformer games, and other attention deprived genre of projects.
---Earthboundjeff
Also, go Sox.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1SONrHUmdKZXQNDgtN_vpycOOo-BDMfnlqHZRA1lMpYXhX7Jc

#3097 2011-04-07 11:51:34

Goldpizza
New Scratcher

I want to be a Scratch Curator , i have programmed great games and im better than the teachers at school!

#3098 2011-04-07 15:31:12

VanillaCreme
Scratcher

Hello, I Am Interested In Becoming A Curator.I Have Been On Scratch For A little Less Than A Year.I Have Commented On This Forum Befrore And Haven't Gotten A Reply But As I Said.... Im Interested In Being A Curator! I Know Where To Find Good Projects, I Have A Great Sense Of Humor So I Can Pick Out All The Good Projects, And Im Always Online! If You Pick Me For Curator,,,I Won't Let Any Scratchers Down! Please Consider Me Im Almost Always Availible! Thank You! ~ Please Consider!  big_smile

http://www.prguitarman.com/icon/poptartFINALTINY.gif
http://i49.tinypic.com/6yo39h.png

#3099 2011-04-07 15:52:33

kewl999
Scratcher

I would RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY like to become Scratch curator. I would show things like not known (yet still good) projects.

:cool

#3100 2011-04-07 15:59:03

kewl999
Scratcher

Please make meh curator.  cool   tongue   roll   lol   big_smile    PLZ!!! :3

Board footer