This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#2676 2010-12-31 11:04:17

werdna123
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

scimonster wrote:

TGKookie wrote:

i'd love to be a curator! how though do you know your'e one???

look at this post by emilypie

Off topic: how do you link to a certain way down a page?

#2677 2010-12-31 11:06:38

rufflebee
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

TGKookie wrote:

i'd love to be a curator! how though do you know your'e one???

click on the timestamp of the post and copy the url
or right click the timestamp and select copy shortcut or something

Last edited by rufflebee (2010-12-31 11:07:31)

http://i44.tinypic.com/34e9cab.png

#2678 2010-12-31 11:54:23

werdna123
Scratcher

rufflebee wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

click on the timestamp of the post and copy the url
or right click the timestamp and select copy shortcut or something

Thanks

#2679 2010-12-31 15:11:41

fantasticme1
Scratcher

i am interested plzzzzzzzz:D

#2680 2010-12-31 17:09:20

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

samthescratch wrote:

I love unique games! I also like things like MegaCell 5 that give you many ideas. I would like to be a curator as well.

Wow, someone noticed my project for once. That was a nice change. Mind, you it was curated (Thanks, moocow98!) , so I kind of expected that. Still.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium
Treat others as you would like to be treated  smile

#2681 2011-01-02 00:43:32

nameer4
Scratcher

A good project shouldn't be random. they should also work properly. some users make GREAT projects with only 3 views. i think they should be chosen and they DESERVE to be chosen. 'don't judge a project by the cover' is what i would say to those who only go on projects which LOOK good -this contributes to sentence 3.

by nameer4

#2682 2011-01-02 02:47:39

scimonster
Community Moderator

nameer4 wrote:

A good project shouldn't be random. they should also work properly. some users make GREAT projects with only 3 views. i think they should be chosen and they DESERVE to be chosen. 'don't judge a project by the cover' is what i would say to those who only go on projects which LOOK good -this contributes to sentence 3.

by nameer4

are saying you want to be curater and this is types of projects you would curate?

#2683 2011-01-02 07:56:49

werdna123
Scratcher

I'd like to be curator so here's my speech:

I'm reasonably active on the forums and main site, however I have started letting the forums take over me and making me forget about the main site. I think having the opportunity to be curator would help a lot. I would most lightly choose a variety of projects but I may concentrate slightly less on art projects and more on games, realistic simulations, and fake OSs. I would choose ones which are somehow different from what you'd expect: perhaps with bonuses or extra features. I might also choose projects which are guides or tutorials for things a lot of scratchers want to know. I'd try not to curate popular scratcher's projects (unless s/he made a great project which wasn't getting very popular) and choose projects from average scratchers. And I might choose projects which, even if they weren't the greatest project around, had been made as one of a scratchers first projects- but that might not happen.

I hope you like my speech!  big_smile

Last edited by werdna123 (2011-01-02 07:57:51)

#2684 2011-01-02 18:26:52

StrykerV
New Scratcher

I have an interest in being curator.  I enjoy games the most but I also enjoy any project you can tell took a while to make and the owner really took their time. If curator I will try to focus more on users with less views. I will try to curate different projects that don't fall in the same genre ex. adventure game, tutorial, animation, art. I'd select games that would make guests glancing at the front page of the website want to join and create their own games. I also like to see collaborations where scratchers come together and work with each other mix and matching ideas to make a wonderful project.

I hope that you will consider me for curator but if not, I understand.  smile

99.9999% Crazy, 0.0001% Hamburgeh Makeh  smile

#2685 2011-01-02 20:39:56

MasterofPower
Scratcher

I'd like to be a curator! I'd pick projects that look like some one worked really hard on.

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/MasterofPower/2160728
    [b] My programming language in Scratch!  big_smile  WIP by the way...  smile I LIKE PIE!!!  cool 

#2686 2011-01-03 00:18:50

CatGal
Scratcher

I would love to become a curator. I want to post projects of nobodies with good projects. People who have the ability, but they need that push to help them get there. Projects that show potential, or all already good enough. Mostly I want to make sure that there was hard work put in. I mostly like animations or a "creator" but as long as it is there I will show it. Unless the person is already famous. Not famous+ great projects=front page!

-CatGal

I like warriors. My favorite animal is a cat, and I created PebbleClan, or clan in the trees.

#2687 2011-01-03 00:48:24

scimonster
Community Moderator

CatGal wrote:

I would love to become a curator. I want to post projects of nobodies with good projects. People who have the ability, but they need that push to help them get there. Projects that show potential, or all already good enough. Mostly I want to make sure that there was hard work put in. I mostly like animations or a "creator" but as long as it is there I will show it. Unless the person is already famous. Not famous+ great projects=front page!

-CatGal

it's not so great to call them 'nobodies'

#2688 2011-01-03 23:29:13

milliemoomoo
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator because

1. I go on scratch every day and am always making new projects

2.I do love looking at the famous scratchers projects but even more than that I love looking at people I've never heard of projects because they are always interesting

3. I never break the scratch rules

Please consider it and SCRATCH ON!

#2689 2011-01-04 04:38:22

r2d2upgrade
Scratcher

could I be a curator. just once though. and if I am plz tell me when I will have to choose some projects.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2e2030z.jpg

Last edited by r2d2upgrade (2011-01-04 04:38:52)

http://i52.tinypic.com/rl9xls.jpg

#2690 2011-01-04 18:13:50

HiccupHaddokthe3rd
Scratcher

I'd like to be curator! I usually like art and animations. But I have seen some REALLY unappreciated art on scratch. An awesome animation or picture, and only 3 views. Kind of like MagicRabbit's art. She is amazing! And Invader Aaya. I also loooove tutorials. Like how to animate this or draw this and etc. But i'm still looking for a runcycle....hm. One other thing I like would be games--ones that work well online. I believe that some of the best games are unviewed at all. Well, thanks for reading!

-Hiccup  big_smile

Hola. I'm Hiccup. Yum. Wait....what?  big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

#2691 2011-01-04 20:05:52

nmz
Scratcher

it would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool to be a curator!
i would put all of those remix projects that you can add to.

#2692 2011-01-04 20:34:58

Robojam200
Scratcher

Hi! I'm Robojam200  big_smile  I remeber when I was new, and how little views I recieved. If I became the Curator, I'd make sure that I picked great projects by people with great potential. I tend to do lots of art on here, but I animate as well. I have been a member for quite a while, and I'd love it if you picked me. Thank you  big_smile   (I've never, ever been on the front page. It would be my dream to.)

I'm Robojam200  big_smile  I love Scratch!

#2693 2011-01-05 20:41:39

pooh_bear
Scratcher

hi, i would love to be a scratch curator, since i'm on almost every day. my favourite types of scratch projects are: contests/competitions, because they get the scratch communtity involved and are always creative and fun and suspensefull to enter; games, because i like games in general and the ones on scratch are always fun to try out - there are some great ideas out there; and stories, because when i am not on scratch, i am a writer and i love stories, ESPECIALLY the funny ones  smile
please pick me!  smile

#2694 2011-01-05 23:08:04

kayybee
Scratcher

@pooh_bear-most curators do not pick contests for a reason:
when you are not logged in (basically if someone new and has never been to scratch tries it) it only shows the rows of "good projects"... if people click a contest on the front page, they might think this is all of scratch and nothing else... there are other reasons, but this is the main...

stories would be a good one; not many curators pick stories...

#2695 2011-01-06 00:35:54

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

stories would be a good one; not many curators pick stories...

Hey, animations that have a plot would do  tongue

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#2696 2011-01-06 01:40:38

kayybee
Scratcher

I meant most curators focus on games, not stories.

#2697 2011-01-06 16:26:44

gnk2200
Scratcher

Congrats, jonathan!

#2698 2011-01-06 17:00:17

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Thankies ^_^

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#2699 2011-01-06 17:54:06

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

Here is another attempt to become a curator, and also to make a proposal that is longer than Jonathan's one.  So here it goes:

I would like to become a curator because:

1. I would pick projects of all types, music, platformer, animations, art, simulations, and all other general games.

2. I know A LOT of Unknown project creators (just look at my friends list) and I see several new projects each day.

3. I would search through the 'Show and Tell' Article on the Scratch Forums. I would also make a project called 'propose your best projects here' so scratchers can link their and other people's projects for me to explore.

4. With these 2 resources for projects, I will plan to add a new project every twelve hours, giving the picked project about 36 hours on the front page and give it a healthy boost of 300 views.

5. I have been on the scratch website about a year now and I have a good taste of projects ( not just os's  big_smile ), and will also take into account how many good and deserving projects they have made which shows that they are a good scratcher.

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 150 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile )

7. I will favour and more likely curate projects that run well online (or at least run well online), and make sure that there is no offensive material in them (that's for you, kids), and that they will be exciting to all audiences (not 'Barbie Dress-Up).

8. I will be fair and give each project the same chance (unless it falls into the previous paragraph), regardless who made it. I will not however curate projects where the creator will likely to be mean to his commenters or just not say anything to them.

9. The amount of projects I see that have less than 50 views and are good enough to be curated is just incredible. I know so many scratchers are amazing and deserve to have their projects curated. But, just to show you, here are some of the scratchers that have good and worthy projects: 

Prestige

SeanCanoodle

ilikewaffles

zxcvbnmkj 

Dom818

hackjack

BigDolphin

10. In case I don't find any worthy projects ( I sound like a god. Sorry), I will ask my friends to help me find some and make sure that my front page curator page keeps on moving. I will also check previous curators favourites page and look at what projects they have favoured after their time as a curator.

11. I will make sure that the account that made the project I curated was active, and answers comments, and isn't mean when replying to comments (like [name removed by moderator] is). This also means that the curator will be able to see their project on the front page. 

12. I go on the scratch website a lot and so I can see lots of good projects. I know some curators that only pick about 6 projects over their 2 week shift, and that's because they can't go on the scratch website enough. I will be able to go on the scratch website enough so I will be able to pick lots of projects.

There is another 2 points. 

More anyone?   

big_smile

-Optimax DJ

[Moderator Edit: Please don't name out users who you feel are acting negatively on the Scratch website, as it counts as an attacking other users. Just flag unfriendly comments when you see them. Scratch On!  smile ]

Last edited by cheddargirl (2011-01-07 22:17:21)

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium
Treat others as you would like to be treated  smile

#2700 2011-01-06 17:56:32

illusionist
Retired Community Moderator

Jonathanpb wrote:

Thankies ^_^

HAIL

Curator XLIV

Jonathanpb!!!  lol

http://i.imgur.com/8LX1NrV.png

Board footer