This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-05-09 04:09:17

Macca
Scratcher

Suggestions Topic

Ive decided to make this topic dedicated to as many new suggestions for scratch as possible. I did this so I can add things I find along the way, but feel free to add any suggestions of your own.

- Combining Strings : Please allow users to combine strings such as "your score is + SCORE"
  - Maybe allow people to also save the document as an executable Java Script thingy that you can choose to run in either a window or fullscreen.
  - Allow 3D sprites (maybe very, very later on) maybe in a Scratch 3D version so people can choose.
  - Particle creation system.
  - Maybe a version I can install, so my computer actually recognises it as a program.
  - A system where you can a comment to your script to explain what you did.
  - Your website has a problem that occurs when I try to edit my comments on my games. It seems to add extra returns every time I edit it...
  - A version compatable with Linux.

Last edited by Macca (2007-05-10 01:44:17)

~Macca

#2 2007-05-09 17:56:24

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Re: Suggestions Topic

Hey Macca. Great suggestions. I like the first one the most.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#3 2007-05-10 04:11:19

Macca
Scratcher

UPDATED.

~Macca

#4 2007-05-11 02:39:49

adamh
Scratcher

Yeh, i agree that would make my projects better

I notice that the software also slows down when there are lots of sprites on screen - this could be corrected as it make problems with games like Asteroids.

Last edited by adamh (2007-05-11 02:41:15)

#5 2007-05-11 06:20:07

kevin_karplus
Scratcher

The speed of a scratch program depends mainly on how many scripts are running simultaneously, much less on how many sprites are visible.  More speed would be nice, but that would probably require compilation rather than interpretation of the scripts.

(A scratch compiler might be worth the effort.)

#6 2007-05-14 08:56:03

Macca
Scratcher

Heres some more:

- Moderators: people with much skill with scratch and who have extended power to delete bade projects galleries and forum topics (wink wink nudge nudge  tongue ) maybe with a name more friendly to the younger children like Helper.
- Allow people to edit a persons work with out plagerism (you've probably seen my ideas andresmh, in that topic you suggested to me.)
- A sticky post or an announcement (a topic which is stuck to the top of the list) so people can make formal, moderated suggestions (again with the moderators)

~Macca

#7 2012-04-17 22:34:19

iTweak0r
Scratcher

Macca wrote:

Ive decided to make this topic dedicated to as many new suggestions for scratch as possible. I did this so I can add things I find along the way, but feel free to add any suggestions of your own.

- Combining Strings : Please allow users to combine strings such as "your score is + SCORE"
  - Maybe allow people to also save the document as an executable Java Script thingy that you can choose to run in either a window or fullscreen.
  - Allow 3D sprites (maybe very, very later on) maybe in a Scratch 3D version so people can choose.
  - Maybe a version I can install, so my computer actually recognises it as a program.
  - Your website has a problem that occurs when I try to edit my comments on my games. It seems to add extra returns every time I edit it...

Uh they have joining words and commenting on scripts...

Make it in Scratch! because it's cooler when it's made in scratch
http://i.imgur.com/D4iqPHR.png

#8 2012-04-17 22:35:47

iTweak0r
Scratcher

Macca wrote:

Heres some more:

- Moderators: people with much skill with scratch and who have extended power to delete bade projects galleries and forum topics (wink wink nudge nudge  tongue ) maybe with a name more friendly to the younger children like Helper.
- Allow people to edit a persons work with out plagerism (you've probably seen my ideas andresmh, in that topic you suggested to me.)
- A sticky post or an announcement (a topic which is stuck to the top of the list) so people can make formal, moderated suggestions (again with the moderators)

Oh and there's also moderators and sticky... Maybe your talking about an old scratch version.

Sorry, this was an old post...

Last edited by iTweak0r (2012-04-17 22:36:42)

Make it in Scratch! because it's cooler when it's made in scratch
http://i.imgur.com/D4iqPHR.png

#9 2012-04-17 23:00:08

TorbyFork234
Scratcher

iTweak0r wrote:

Macca wrote:

Uh they have joining words and commenting on scripts...

Please don't necropost. Posting on topic older then 3 months is generally discouraged in the community.

#10 2012-04-18 05:30:32

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

There's no hard and fast rule about how old a topic is before it's considered "necroposting".  The thing to consider is if the topic is still relevant or not.  In this case, the topic is nearly 5 years old and very much out of date.  I'm closing it  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

Board footer