This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-03-26 20:23:21

yscp1
Scratcher

Test on Scratch Programing

Hi,
Does any one have an assessment that I can test my students progress on programming. I am going to do pre and post test.
Thanks in advance.  Best, YS

#2 2009-03-26 20:32:28

demosthenes
Retired Community Moderator

Re: Test on Scratch Programing

I don't but I'll start trying to brainstorm these tests. For the pretest have the students try and make the cat move forever bouncing off walls. (This is assuming the kids are in elementary school) Other things would be having the cat move to certain places on the screen, chase the mouse-pointer, or change certain graphic effects based on where the cat is. For the post test (assuming they have about 3 months to learn) make a 2 player pong game without looking at other's projects during the test, having two sprites interact based on input from the user, or using lists to make a basic trivia game.

I've taken a long hiatus, but I still visit sometimes. Give me some time to answer any messages you post on my projects!

#3 2009-03-26 20:44:38

yscp1
Scratcher

Re: Test on Scratch Programing

Hi, Thanks for the quick respond.
I was actually thinking to have a test on command blocks such as what <when green flag clicked> does etc. but your suggestion may work too. I am thinking to have the same test for pre and post
yes they are 5th graders.

Board footer