This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-03-05 02:51:57

hburger
Scratcher

What type of prgoram is Scratch?

What type of program is Scratch?

#2 2009-03-05 03:51:35

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Re: What type of prgoram is Scratch?

I will quote directly from the About section of the home page  smile

Scratch is a new programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art -- and share your creations on the web.

Scratch is designed to help young people (ages 8 and up) develop 21st century learning skills. As they create and share Scratch projects, young people learn important mathematical and computational ideas, while also learning to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively

For more information, you can check out the whole page...

http://info.scratch.mit.edu/About_Scratch

However, I would like to point out that while Scratch "is designed to help young people", it is actually used by people both young AND not-so-young.  Also, it just happens to be a great deal of fun!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#3 2009-03-08 14:01:23

jasb
Scratcher

vivian99 wrote:

vivianjammeh2@yahoo.com

I'm just browsing now in the Internet and found your profile at scratch.mit.eduand it captured my interest i decided to drop few words to you.I'm miss vivian by name,please i will like us to hold a good relationship with a real love,I'm happy to look at your profile today,you sound so gentle to me that was  why i fell very much interested in writing you,contact me through my  personal box(vivianjammeh2@yahoo.com) for more introduction,also i will send my pictures to you so we can know more about each other,i will be happy to see your response my dear,age or colour even distance can't deny any genuine love,so please lets give our self a trial,thanks till i hear from you

miss vivian

know scratch is not a place to make relationships. I mean you can make friends but I don't think it is a good place to find love.

#4 2009-03-17 14:52:52

gwin65
Scratcher

Scratch is a place where you can go and make videos and watch videos you can also make friends like me...just type in gwin65 and look at my picture and make up your mind click on the add button and it will say reply sent!!!

#5 2009-03-18 06:03:05

adityasm9
Scratcher

gwin65 wrote:

Scratch is a place where you can go and make videos and watch videos you can also make friends like me...just type in gwin65 and look at my picture and make up your mind click on the add button and it will say reply sent!!!

what videos? they are called projects and are not videos

#6 2009-03-28 14:46:23

tomgalaxyzoo
Scratcher

adityasm9 wrote:

gwin65 wrote:

what videos? they are called projects and are not videos

Projects is a collective term for all things created by scratch but videos are things that are not games but have things that move around

<forever> Galaxy Zoo!
smile  smile  smile  smile  woof woof!  smile  sad  big_smile  yikes  wink  hmm  tongue  lol  mad  roll  cool

Board footer