This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-02-25 10:34:04

mpodulka
Scratcher

Scratch Day in Pennsylvania

Hi,
I teach just outside of the Philadelphia Area and would really love to host a Scratch Day.  The only problem is, I am the only one I know trying to use it.  Would anyone be interested in working with me?
Thanks.

#2 2009-02-25 20:57:09

mpeca
Scratcher

Re: Scratch Day in Pennsylvania

What school are you from. I teach in a school in Fort Washington. The school is
Wordsworth Academy. I am just starting to use scratch. I learned about it at a PETE & C conference. Depending on where you are located I may be interested in working with you. Maddie Peca

#3 2009-02-26 15:05:58

mpodulka
Scratcher

I teach at AFS and would live in Oreland.  Maybe we could get something going.  I have also contacted a professor at Penn who helped develop Scratch.  She is going out of the country for ten days but will get back in touch when she comes back.  Additionally she forwarded my e-mail to a doctorial candidate who is using scratch in West Philly.
Let me know what you think...
Michelle Podulka

#4 2009-03-03 22:49:05

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

You could also get in touch with some of the parents of the kids who replied to your other post (http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=14559) to help you out with the event.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#5 2009-03-11 15:42:29

mpodulka
Scratcher

Hi,
We are working vigorously on putting together a Scratch Day!  We feel a little behind so any help anyone feels they can offer would be great.  With that in mind, I included a form for ideas for presenting a workshop or facilitating a conversation.
Scratch Day Call Out!!
May 16th, 2009
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Abington Friends School
575 Washington Lane
Jenkintown PA  19046

We are looking for people to present at Scratch Day Pennsylvania.  Teachers, parents and students are all welcome to submit ideas. (Students must be at least thirteen.)  Please submit by April 1, 2009.  Remember to put in if you would like it to be a workshop or you would like to facilitate a discussion and whether you are a teacher, parent or student. We look forward to hearing from you.

Topic:

Format:

Brief Description:

Please submit all ideas to mpodulka@abingtonfriends.net or jrison@abingtonfriends.net.

Board footer