This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » New Scratchers
  •  » Hey everyone. Yup, new user here! lol, isnt my title so original?

#1 2009-01-06 22:28:34

hobobuster
Scratcher

Hey everyone. Yup, new user here! lol, isnt my title so original?

hello all. im new, just downloaded scratch, and i gotta say i LOVE it! hehe ive been looking for a game and animation design program that focused more on the design aspect rather than the programming part. and ive found it!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i will need some help getting started. its been forever since ive used other things like flash, so could i maybe find a personal tutor? someone willing to just talk to me through private messages so i can ask questions and start learning>?

#2 2009-01-06 22:44:20

archmage
Scratcher

Re: Hey everyone. Yup, new user here! lol, isnt my title so original?

Actually, I think that scratch is much more focused on programming since even if you are doing animations you have to program the animation. Flash is much better for animating because you have frames and tweens and other things. Also, I really don't think that any one will be your personal tutor (unless you pay them, then I could work something out with you  wink  ) but you can ask questions in the forums if you need help.

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#3 2009-01-07 05:34:33

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

hobobuster wrote:

hello all. im new, just downloaded scratch, and i gotta say i LOVE it! hehe ive been looking for a game and animation design program that focused more on the design aspect rather than the programming part. and ive found it!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i will need some help getting started. its been forever since ive used other things like flash, so could i maybe find a personal tutor? someone willing to just talk to me through private messages so i can ask questions and start learning>?

Welcome!  Scratch can be used for animations but you may find the relatively coarse screen resolution a limitation.  Give it a try and see what you think.  As for private tutoring - put an advertisement in the Forums (maybe in the All About Scratch area) and see what happens, we have a lot of helpful people here.  There is no private messaging in Scratch though, all communication is done through comments on projects or galleries or here through forum postings. 

One typical method of learning is to start with the sample projects that come with Scratch or find something you like on the website.  Then, take a stab at making it do what you want and load it back up to the website with Share.  There is help online and built into the program.   If you want peronal help with a problem, then post a topic in the Troubleshooting section with a description of your problem and a link to your project.  Good luck and have fun!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#4 2009-01-26 17:03:22

WED
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

hobobuster wrote:

Welcome!  Scratch can be used for animations but you may find the relatively coarse screen resolution a limitation.  Give it a try and see what you think.  As for private tutoring - put an advertisement in the Forums (maybe in the All About Scratch area) and see what happens, we have a lot of helpful people here.  There is no private messaging in Scratch though, all communication is done through comments on projects or galleries or here through forum postings. 

One typical method of learning is to start with the sample projects that come with Scratch or find something you like on the website.  Then, take a stab at making it do what you want and load it back up to the website with Share.  There is help online and built into the program.   If you want peronal help with a problem, then post a topic in the Troubleshooting section with a description of your problem and a link to your project.  Good luck and have fun!

#5 2009-01-26 17:05:51

WED
Scratcher

Wassup Im New And I Dont Really Know What Thiz Iz About So Can Yuh Pleaze Help Me Lolxz  I DONT BLAME YUH IF YUH DONT WANNA HELP ME BUT WE DONT EVEN HAVE TO TALK ABOUT DAT BUT I WANNA TALK ABOUT ME AND YUHH ARE YUH A GURL  OR BOY CUZ I WANA HOLLA CUZ IM HORNY

#6 2009-01-26 17:07:54

WED
Scratcher

Oh And By The Way That Waz To Hobobuster WELL ANYWAYZ RITE ME BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE CUZ I JUZ FEEL LIKE TALKING SO WEN  EVA YUH READY TO TALK WE CAN TALK SO HOLLA @ ME WHEN YUH GET THIZ MEZZAGE

#7 2009-01-26 23:09:22

WolfDemon
Scratcher

lol http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=90152#p90152

Random Acts of Kindness Does a Person Good  smile

• Index
  •  » New Scratchers
  •  » Hey everyone. Yup, new user here! lol, isnt my title so original?

Board footer