This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-08-02 09:32:05

beny
Scratcher

user comment page?

shold there be a coment section on each users page? then you could say "you rock" or it would be a more apropiate place to say "want to be my frind?"

more people like the letter B than the letter A!
i'm going for 250 posts!

#2 2007-08-07 14:03:58

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Re: user comment page?

I think we see more value in having projects related to the projects. The first example you give: "you rock" is more meaningful in the context of a project. You can leave that message in a project or love the project. The second example you give "want to be my friend" is implicit when you add someone to your list of friends. The other person is notified that you have added him or her and it's up to them to decide if they want to add you as their friend. Don't you agree?

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#3 2007-08-07 15:09:14

kevin_karplus
Scratcher

Re: user comment page?

I think that the comments on projects mechanism works fairly well, though there may be use for comments to users about things other than projects---like ideas for new projects, requests for collaboration on projects, and general chit-chat.

The current "friend" metaphor is so poor that adding someone to your list of friends is totally meaningless.  All it provides is a slightly quicker link to their "my stuff" page.  It is past time to rethink that metaphor.

Board footer