This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-07-31 14:47:02

shadowhalo3
Scratcher

Monthly Awards for Best Scratch Projects

This website should name the best 5 projects of the month ( Viewers decide, or the Scratch Team ). It would deem as inspiration and encouragement for all the programmers on this site, as well as realize the real talent that individuals have on here. Below me are some example, titles that i would assume to be a neccessity:

Month of July:

Best Innovative Project

Best Programmer of the Month

Best action/adventure (and all the other genres) of the month

Best dialogue scripting of the month

Best physics of the month

This would be a great improvement of the month, because it would giv programmers something to chase, and i bet project will actually improve and get more advance with each month that passes because we all know the same old thing can't win awards...

So, what do you think?

( AND BTW, I'M SORRY FOR THE LOOONNGGG DELAY, MY GAMES ARE STILL BEING WORKED ON, I PROMISE......vacations, ya can't predict them.... I, THOUGH MUST ADMIT ALOT OF TITLES PROMISED, HAVE BEEN DROPPED, I'M PLAYING IT BY EAR, WHATEVER COMES TO MIN i'M DOING.)

Full war ( currently being worked on )

Johnson ProFootball ( currently being worked on )

Star Wars: the new generation ( IT WAS GOING TO BE RELEASES TODAY, BUT TECHINAL DIFFICULTIES!!!!!!!!!!! IT"S SOOOOOOOO ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!! I can't get enough of it. but i really think this game will be the first of PROJECT;SERO to be released...I'm  back!!
AND UPDATES WILL COME... and i know what you all are thinking, BRING A GAME OUT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  but i will soon, i will

But..... back on topic, this award system is great, and if any of you have any more award title put them down, but i hope this catches the eye of some scratch member to share with the team. I'm looking foward to staying up all night working on a scratch game while thinking about that "Best innovative of the month" award.

Last edited by shadowhalo3 (2007-07-31 14:49:45)

Check out my projects There the sickest thing on here. Just look up project Zero, or click my name, and be exposed to the future of scratch Gaming. JUST FINISHED GUITAR HERO: PLATINUM http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/shadowhalo3/90280

#2 2007-07-31 15:07:06

archmage
Scratcher

Re: Monthly Awards for Best Scratch Projects

I don't know about these awards and such because there are thousands of projects to go through and also novices wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe there could be awards for contests where users have submit projects of a certain theme.

Last edited by archmage (2007-07-31 15:08:55)

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#3 2007-07-31 15:29:09

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Re: Monthly Awards for Best Scratch Projects

archmage: that's kind of the idea of the "Scratch club". I agree with shadowhalo3 that there should be better ways of featuring interesting project although not necessarily make it into a competition where there are "losers" and "winners".

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

Board footer