This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-29 22:52:19

Arch-Fiend
New Scratcher

hello, introduction, and a request

hello, im arch-fiend, the epic knight

im a game designer of 2 years whos yet to actualy learn as3 programming or any language yet. i was refeared to scratch by my mentor and friend who is a great programmer as part of my journey to learn.

so id like to know is anyone here knows of any tutorials other then video stuff, i cant watch videos daily so its a big issue with me when it comes to learning things. id also like tutorials that not nessicaraly teach you how to make some big thing, id like some that just teach you how to master the program itself and learn to utilize the aspects of the language. it also like menimum amount of downloading images or making my own art, but i can live with doing my own if i must because im an experinced artist aswell, i just dont like to get distracted from the learning part if i can.

i know its a tall order but i see this place is fairly old so it should have some resorces to help in it. thanks

#2 2013-04-30 01:44:01

Waffle27
Scratcher

Re: hello, introduction, and a request

Hello Arch-Friend and welcome to scrach! I like your username!
Im afraid I dont know of any good tutorials, but I'll look  wink
Have fun here!
~Waffle

#3 2013-04-30 01:48:17

MrFlash67
Scratcher

There are some flash cards on the website, but just try fiddling with the program itself. Or you could download projects and see how the scripts in them work.
Also, welcome!  big_smile

Who would win, SOPA or PIPA?

#4 2013-04-30 11:31:41

Arch-Fiend
New Scratcher

basicly went through all of the cards already, and i said minimum download  tongue  i cant stress the limitations on my internetr without consaquince

#5 2013-04-30 11:56:35

PaulRHJT
New Scratcher

I've found that just trying out things in Scratch is the best way to learn how it works.
If you can't afford to spend a lot of time designing art, you can use the default Sprites that come with Scratch (such as the famous cat), and focus on programming instead.
Also, if you see something cool in other people's projects, you can download them to look at their code and learn that way.

- – — – - – — – - – — – - – — – -
ˆ;“*•›¸     ¸‹•*“ˆ“*•›¸
  `›,¸¸;,‹“ Ultimate Evader 2.0
        ˆ›,,¸¸¸,,‹“ Give it a try!

Board footer