This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-26 12:27:51

mikkel500
Scratcher

new code options

I'm making a game, and I think there should be more opportunities, I use google translate so must just correct me if I did not write it right, come from Denmark.

but now the ideas.

1 it would be cool if you could make a (certain "name thing" if "?" = "")
I mean for example if you want to make so that you can show or hide things or change the terms by doing a certain action with another thing, you can from one thing to run a script from another thing and the way they replied code several things at once.

2 opportunities to make games where you can play more online at once, for example, where you shoot each other or driving in cars and get points for being first.

more ideas coming soon.

- MIKKEL

#2 2013-04-28 03:24:54

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

Re: new code options

There is already a way to do multiplayer. There's mesh in 1.4 (look it up on the wiki) and cloud variables on 2 which can be used, I think. I don't get the first one, could you post a script that would use it please?

#3 2013-04-28 13:39:44

Gravitation
New Scratcher

Re: new code options

Your first suggestion has a very easy workaround using variables.
Your second suggestion is possible using Cloud Variables in 2.0.

Read the stickies and check the Wiki before posting a suggestion, please, it can get hard on the mods when people post suggestions about things that are already implemented in a dev build or have an easy workaround.  smile

Board footer