This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-21 19:39:08

pokeywokey
Scratcher

A few suggestions

A few suggestions. Cant think of title

1. Ability to organize a user's projects by Top viewed, top loved, top commented(by original comments or including replies) so its easier to find the user's most popular projects.

2. Ability to "follow" someone and also making friendship a request-accept system. Many users have been wanting this, and I think the ST is already planning, but I wanna expand on this. People have been adding other scratchers to their friends list JUST to "subscribe" to them in "My Friends Latest Projects". Also, if I friend someone, they are notified, but they are on my friends list, and I'm not on theirs. From now on, one-way friendships should be converted to follows and all mutual friendships should remain that way. From now on, friending should be a request system, and the scratcher can edt an option to make it able to friend them requiring requests or not(kinda like instagrams private following system). I was gonna suggest private profiles, but that's not reall a good idea for a sharing community like scratch.

3. Able to search projects from a certain user(or selected few).
Self explanatory, better than searching scratch in general when you know its from a certain user.

4. An organized script sharing community.
There should be a part of Scratch where instead of sharing projects, you share scripts, so people can implement them into their projects.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/002/f/f/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_by_Deviant_Care.jpg

#2 2013-04-22 03:07:13

kayybee
Scratcher

Re: A few suggestions

4: You could make several projects or just one big project containing your scripts, then have people drag them into their backpacks.

2: Currently, there is only "following" but at least it was renamed to avoid confusion. Friending would be nice.

#3 2013-04-22 11:35:22

pokeywokey
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

4: You could make several projects or just one big project containing your scripts, then have people drag them into their backpacks.

2: Currently, there is only "following" but at least it was renamed to avoid confusion. Friending would be nice.

No, I mean like an organized part of Scratch to share scripts. There should be a part to share sprites too, since people are posting random spritesheet projects. I would like a separation between projects to give people resources and projects to share your actual "projects".

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/002/f/f/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_by_Deviant_Care.jpg

#4 2013-04-23 00:02:04

kayybee
Scratcher

pokeywokey wrote:

kayybee wrote:

No, I mean like an organized part of Scratch to share scripts. There should be a part to share sprites too, since people are posting random spritesheet projects. I would like a separation between projects to give people resources and projects to share your actual "projects".

That might be nice (essentially scratch resources, so add in pictures and sounds, but build it into the program) but currently it can be done fine. It'd be nice to have it in 2.1, but there might be more important things to work on first.

Board footer