This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#126 2013-05-03 22:26:11

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Re: Quotes

“Tell that to the FBI.“ -Sellout

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#127 2013-05-03 22:39:49

Sellout
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

It's true, I said that

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#128 2013-05-04 02:43:13

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

It's true, I said that

tell that to the fbi

goodby scrat on pont fore

#129 2013-05-04 03:10:43

MrFlash67
Scratcher

genderdysmorphia wrote:

"All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"
YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
"So we can believe the big ones?"
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
"They're not the same at all!"
YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"
MY POINT EXACTLY.”

i love terry prachett

Good, but it does not show that Death, exactly, is talking. Then again, this forum does not have a small-caps button. Still, good old Discworld.

Who would win, SOPA or PIPA?

#130 2013-05-04 04:35:56

All4one
Scratcher

Thom Yorke wrote:

People in bands don't have the kind of conversations people might think they have. The best things about being in a band are the things that are unsaid. You click together in the studio or whatever and that's enough to make you feel close to each other. There are no long nights of bonding where you tell each other your innermost fears."

"I'm not afraid of computers taking over the world. They're just sitting there. I can hit them with a two by four."

"Being in a band turns you into a child and keeps you there."

"Us on drugs? That would be terrible. We would probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams."

"I can be in a club in Oxford on a Monday night and some guy comes up to you ... and says that the last record you made changed his life. That means something."

"Well, they're bound to, aren't they? It wasn't their idea, was it? Ultimately, it's quite funny because I distinctly remember when "OK Computer" came out and you had people going, 'Yeah, but it's not "The Bends" is it? It's got all this weird stuff on it.' 'Why are they being weird? Why can't they just be normal?' Forget it. It's just nostalgia. It's like telling painters how to paint. It's not my problem."

Jonny Greenwood wrote:

"I think guitarists are really over-admired and over-revered. I don't mind when people are telling me about their 1971 Firebird, but it's the same thing as people telling me about their car or something. It's fine if you have an interest. By talking with me though, you could be interviewing a novelist about guitars. It's the same thing, except I don't write that well either. I like my guitar and I enjoy playing it."

"Jamaican reggae is the style of music I always reach for when ranting to friends about how you could listen to one style of music exclusively for the rest of your life - and it would all be great and varied and worth hearing."

Freddie Mercury wrote:

"I don't like to explain what I was thinking when I wrote a song. I think that's awful, just awful. When I'm dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance."

"I like to enjoy myself and what better way to do it than on stage in front of 300,000 people?"

"The most important thing, darling, is to live a fabulous life. As long as it's fabulous, I don't care how long it is."

"My voice takes a beating. The more vocal gymnastics I do in the studio, the more I have to do on stage."

"Modern paintings are like women, you'll never enjoy them if you try to understand them."

"I always knew I was a star, and now the rest of the world seems to agree with me."

"Something like 'Bohemian Rhapsody' didn't just come out of thin air. I did a bit of research, although it was tongue-in-cheek and it was mock-opera. Why not? I certainly wasn't saying I was an opera fanatic and I knew everything about it."

"I liked to sing, I don't know, call it natural gift or whatever, you know, I'm not afraid to say it. It's just I like to sing and then I suddenly realized that I could actually write songs and then make my own music rather than before I would, you know, sort of copy Elvis Presley songs and things as I do, then I realized that I could actually write my own songs and do it my own way. Then suddenly, you know, there was a little taste of success."

Graham Coxon wrote:

"I'm sure that, deep down, Pete Townshend has always been really miffed that he's not Eric Clapton. I think he's always wanted Clapton's technique and mastery of style and tone. Because he's not had that, he's very aggressive in his playing. He channels all that fury into his style, and that's what makes him so good live - it's all barre chords, and he smashes them out with a real anger ... it's fantastic to watch, and to hear the way he plays."

"People moan that he's past it, and he's (Eric Clapton) gone soft, just doing those Albert Hall shows in his fancy suits, but you have to look at the legacy of Clapton and the influence he's had on so many players. There are hundreds, probably thousands of musicians out there who wouldn't have picked up a guitar without Eric Clapton's influence, and you can't take that away from him. If you doubt it, just listen to the stuff he plays on Goodbye Cream when he and Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were just jamming away playing freeform blues jams, all of them soloing away like mad. It was like they were in competition to be heard, and it's just awesome to hear. He just goes somewhere else when he's playing, and that sort of gift is very rare indeed."

"He's (Jeff Beck) a really unusual guitarist. He seems to have loads of techniques and tricks that he's developed and that only he seems to use. He has this thing where he operates the whammy bar, and he's doing some weird thing with the heel of his hand, and he's picking at the same time. When you hear him do that, and see him play, you just know that you're never ever going to be able to play the guitar like he does ... and he knows it."

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/CitrusOfTheTIger/sWujIsJ_zpsf6e772b4.jpg
Sig by AwesomeStar360

#131 2013-05-04 05:02:22

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

All4one wrote:

Thom Yorke wrote:

"Well, they're bound to, aren't they? It wasn't their idea, was it? Ultimately, it's quite funny because I distinctly remember when "OK Computer" came out and you had people going, 'Yeah, but it's not "The Bends" is it? It's got all this weird stuff on it.' 'Why are they being weird? Why can't they just be normal?' Forget it. It's just nostalgia. It's like telling painters how to paint. It's not my problem."

what's monet started doing with the dots? it's weird. why can't he just be normal?

#132 2013-05-04 05:10:02

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

MrFlash67 wrote:

genderdysmorphia wrote:

"All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
MY POINT EXACTLY.”

i love terry prachett

Good, but it does not show that Death, exactly, is talking. Then again, this forum does not have a small-caps button. Still, good old Discworld.

ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ? ᴀs ɪғ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs sᴏᴍᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴘɪɴᴋ ᴘɪʟʟ? ɴᴏ. ʜᴜᴍᴀɴs ɴᴇᴇᴅ ғᴀɴᴛᴀsʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ. ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsɪɴɢ ᴀᴘᴇ.
ʏᴇs. ᴀs ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ʟᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʟɪᴇs.
ʏᴇs. ᴊᴜsᴛɪᴄᴇ. ᴍᴇʀᴄʏ. ᴅᴜᴛʏ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪɴɢ.
ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ sᴏ? ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀɪɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪɴᴇsᴛ ᴘᴏᴡᴅᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ sɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪɴᴇsᴛ sɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ sʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀᴛᴏᴍ ᴏғ ᴊᴜsᴛɪᴄᴇ, ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴏʟᴇᴄᴜʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇʀᴄʏ. ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴄᴛ ᴀs ɪғ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴏᴍᴇ ɪᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀs ɪғ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴏᴍᴇ... sᴏᴍᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛɴᴇss ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsᴇ ʙʏ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɪᴛ ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇᴅ.
ᴍʏ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ.

#133 2013-05-04 12:23:54

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein
Or also Vaas Montenegro.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#134 2013-05-04 12:24:16

Sellout
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein
Or also Vaas Montenegro.

My social studies teacher said the same thing!!

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#135 2013-05-04 12:49:04

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

Or also Vaas Montenegro.

My social studies teacher said the same thing!!

And so did my band director, Ben Franklin, ancient Chinese Proverb, Rita Mae Brown! http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=33566

My band director also likes to say "We are what we repeatedly do, therefore excellence is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

Board footer