This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-20 18:27:23

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Signature

Hi guys. I know I'm not a Scratcher yet, but I was wondering. Can we use use GIF's in signatures? I want one of my logo transforming into a peregrine falcon. Is that possible, or are we just limited to non-moving pictures.

#2 2013-04-20 18:29:34

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Re: Signature

Maltese_Falcon wrote:

Hi guys. I know I'm not a Scratcher yet, but I was wondering. Can we use use GIF's in signatures? I want one of my logo transforming into a peregrine falcon. Is that possible, or are we just limited to non-moving pictures.

A lot of people have GIFs in their signatures, so I think you can!  smile

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#3 2013-04-20 19:24:05

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Maltese_Falcon wrote:

Yep, you can use animated GIFs.  smile

A few things to keep in mind: the max file size of the avatar should be 90 kb, and the website will resize the image to 90*90 px. So, if you can, make sure the file is small and square-shaped for best results when uploading.  smile

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#4 2013-04-20 19:39:45

Hyperbola
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

Maltese_Falcon wrote:

A few things to keep in mind: the max file size of the avatar should be 90 kb, and the website will resize the image to 90*90 px. So, if you can, make sure the file is small and square-shaped for best results when uploading.  smile

Maltese_Falcon wrote:

Can we use use GIF's in signatures?

Not avatars?

Last edited by Hyperbola (2013-04-20 19:39:58)

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

#5 2013-04-21 16:30:09

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Hyperbola wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

Maltese_Falcon wrote:

Maltese_Falcon wrote:

Can we use use GIF's in signatures?

Not avatars?

Whoops, read it wrong. ^^;

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

Board footer