This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-20 12:58:21

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

Les Misérables (movie)

Give your thoughts on the main characters.

Valjean: I personally thought he was terrible. Hugh Jackman makes Jean Valjean sound sort of like an old man...
Javert: HE. WAS. AWESHUM. Stars was amazing.
Cosette (young one) pretty good, but hard to say since she barely sings at all.
Cosette (old one) Good. I just find her songs really a little annoying, sounding all princess like. She herself was great.
Marius: He looks weird when he does vabrado or however it's pronounced... But he was a good singer.
Fantine: Very good! Her death is almost creepy...

All the students: very good, and three dimensional though you don't really go to their personal lives at all.

Gavroche: I play him at a community production. How I thought of him was much different than how he is in the movie. Gavroche wasn't exactly all that great, but I can't say he's bad.

Overall, the movie was pretty good. I admit I cried at the end (strangely only the end LOL) so yeah... What do you think of it?

WARNING: if you haven't seen the film, you might not want to. There are some sexually nasty things in it... No nudity or anything but still it's a bit disturbing. There's a lot of blood you see after the battles... Blood streaked streets and stuff.

No wonder it's PG-13. Despite the nastiness, i still reccomend it if you can sit through 2 1/2 hours of singing.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k219/jackdelamare/JPIV/JPIV-Userbar2.png after seven years of development fails I'm impatient... IT MUST COME

#2 2013-04-20 14:33:45

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Re: Les Misérables (movie)

Wasn't Valjean always an old man?

I mean, he's been in slavery for 19 years past his original crime, that he also committed as an adult. presumably he was at least 40 when that was over. Then there's the whole aging that slavery would do to you - as well as the fact that a majority of the movie takes place even further into the future than when he was release.

Gavroche was exactly how I pictured him - he seemed exactly like he did in the play so what was your issue with him?

Anyway, older Cosette . . . I don't know. She wasn't a bad singer but for some reason her performance was just awful to me.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#3 2013-04-27 10:34:22

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Wasn't Valjean always an old man?

I mean, he's been in slavery for 19 years past his original crime, that he also committed as an adult. presumably he was at least 40 when that was over. Then there's the whole aging that slavery would do to you - as well as the fact that a majority of the movie takes place even further into the future than when he was release.

Gavroche was exactly how I pictured him - he seemed exactly like he did in the play so what was your issue with him?

Anyway, older Cosette . . . I don't know. She wasn't a bad singer but for some reason her performance was just awful to me.

See, it's just that in musical performances valjean sounded a lot better. Hugh Jackman was a good actor, but I still think he could've been so much better...

Gavroche had the perfect looks, but I just didn't really care about him in the film. His death was really fast and you couldn't exactly "bond" with him like you sort of do in the musical. He just didn't seem right.

Older Cosette: I totally agree.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k219/jackdelamare/JPIV/JPIV-Userbar2.png after seven years of development fails I'm impatient... IT MUST COME

#4 2013-04-27 12:16:10

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

~sexually disturbing~

goodby scrat on pont fore

#5 2013-04-27 15:37:02

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

genderdysmorphia wrote:

~sexually disturbing~

Yes, it is. But I gave a warning in the first post! If only they had slightly cleaned up Lovely Ladies it would've been less, but considering it's PG-13...

Les Mis is still such a great show itself. It just has some... stuff.

Board footer