This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-15 18:46:22

RussieDaCat
Scratcher

Private Projects/Private Messages

I think private projects would be useful, as you can be more open about yourself and have only certain people able to see it.
There should also be an option so only you can see it, just in case.

Private messages are another idea, so you can talk to people without everyone seeing...
Which happens a lot.

I hope you like my suggestions! ^_^

Also check out mah stuff ._.

Heh

Russie here! I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs! Check out my stuff, it will make you hyper and crazy and happy and want to dance.  big_smile

#2 2013-04-15 18:48:04

Hyperbola
Scratcher

Re: Private Projects/Private Messages

Can't, even though  we all want it. "Privacy concerns"

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

#3 2013-04-15 18:51:19

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#4 2013-04-15 18:53:28

Hyperbola
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

No. Read this.

This isn't about chatrooms, it's about PMs and letting select people see certain projects. Either way, it's no.

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

#5 2013-04-15 18:55:25

RussieDaCat
Scratcher

Hyperbola wrote:

Can't, even though  we all want it. "Privacy concerns"

Well, the thing is, it's not a chat box. Kind of like private comments but it's private messages so you can have a private convo with 1 person at a time.

No chat box involved.

The private project thing is I want to get a project from my dad's computer to my mom's computer without showing it on my account, and I can't really do that.
I want it downloadable from my account, but only I can see it so I can easily transfer it from one computer to the next without posting it publicly.

Russie here! I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs! Check out my stuff, it will make you hyper and crazy and happy and want to dance.  big_smile

#6 2013-04-15 18:55:42

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

No. Read this.

Oh, oops, that's actually about chatrooms...  hmm

But I think they work like private messaging.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#7 2013-04-15 18:58:42

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

(Sometimes I hate the 180-second rule.)

Bullies could start private-messaging someone, and it would be hard for the Scratch Team to moderate all the PMs.

About private projects, people could send inappropriate things to other people. Since it's private, not even the Scratch Team would see it.

#8 2013-04-15 19:12:00

Hyperbola
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

(Sometimes I hate the 180-second rule.)

Bullies could start private-messaging someone, and it would be hard for the Scratch Team to moderate all the PMs.

About private projects, people could send inappropriate things to other people. Since it's private, not even the Scratch Team would see it.

Yeah. I could send person X mean things, and they're private, so the ST wouldn't be able to see it. Even if we make it so the ST can see "private" messages, the community can't help them moderate the messages (they're private, any more and they'd be "Public messages"), which would mean a lot more work for the ST.

OT: Well, you're almost a scratcher. I just got it today, and was surprised when I realized I was a scratcher  big_smile

#9 2013-04-15 20:05:49

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Private messaging won't be allowed (see this list of rejected suggestion). As for private projects, we're not going to be allowing those either since it could potentially be used to share inappropriate projects between a set of users.

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#10 2013-04-16 20:57:34

RussieDaCat
Scratcher

How can I get a project from my dad's computer to my mom's computer without posting it?

#11 2013-04-16 21:19:16

ImagineIt
Scratcher

RussieDaCat wrote:

How can I get a project from my dad's computer to my mom's computer without posting it?

Email the file.

EDIT: Or, in scratch 2.0, you can have unshared projects on the web where only YOUR account can access it. This way, if you logged in on your mom's computer or your dad's it will be there just for you or whoever else is on your account.

Last edited by ImagineIt (2013-04-16 21:21:15)

#12 2013-04-16 21:20:43

Hyperbola
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

RussieDaCat wrote:

Email the file.

Or a flash drive / thing you plug into computer and put file in like a normal folder.

Board footer