This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2013-04-15 20:09:32

zubblewu
Scratcher

Re: 2 Bombs Went Off in Boston!!

mikebmac wrote:

Use the energy that would be used on placing blame on helping the victims. While I am sure this angers many (and rightfully so) that is most likely was the motivation behind an attack like this.

wise words

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#27 2013-04-15 20:12:37

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

It's nice, I'm watching a basketball game and their holding a moment of silence for those who lost their lives in the explosions. It's nice to know people care.
Why would somebody do something this horrible? It's scary. What has our world come to? *Shudders*

#28 2013-04-15 20:53:38

16Skittles
Scratcher

Hate to be a cynic in times like these, but violence (including against innocents) is nothing new.

The police department of Boston is speaking right now. Hopefully they'll catch the people that did this, although a bomb like that could be triggered from around the world. Some things confuze me still (such as the timing of detonation) and breaking reporting is notoriously bad (on the day of Newtown the press blamed the true shooter's brother) but after a day or two there will be more reliable reporting. Quite eerie, though, is the targeting of an athletic event, similar to The Dark Knight Rises. Worse still considering the TDKR shooting. Coincidence is a scary thing.

http://16skittles.tk/sig.png
Are you a student? Check out OnSchedule!

#29 2013-04-15 21:12:41

Bbcrab1
Scratcher

Why does the world work like this?
EDIT= I've decided to stalk this guy :I
And I'm NOT gonna stop.

Last edited by Bbcrab1 (2013-04-15 21:18:39)

http://www.eggcave.com/egg/986308.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/995496.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/995494.png

#30 2013-04-15 21:13:40

Lightningstep36
Scratcher

I just heard about this not too long ago. What a terrible tragedy. :'(

I also heard that there are three confirmed deaths now, and many people were injured. Some even lost limbs. I've seem some pictures. So much blood . . .

#31 2013-04-15 21:54:11

angelica101
Scratcher

Heard of it after school. It disappoints me to see people do these things. It almost seems like there's a pattern. It's been 4 months since Sandy hook, not sure how many since the movie theater one. If only there was a way to evade this.

Who knows what's wrong with those people. I don't see why they'd kill themselves for the sake of killing COMPLETELY INNOCENT BYPASSERS. These things are just the result of way too many bad influences out there. It's just... Messed up.

My greatest condolences to all hurt today and in the last shootings/bombings.

Last edited by angelica101 (2013-04-15 21:58:26)

Help with music please!|Nate, new OC! Bye 1.4... We'll miss you! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/298/4/4/44c5a8acdd0f4bf07c2c5b86371ccfd3-d5ivtt4.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/24xf442.png

#32 2013-04-15 22:04:34

scratchisthebest
Scratcher

yikes

I can't think of any words now

bye 1.4, we all loved you. but we all outgrew the site. 2.0 is a welcome change.
http://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.png

#33 2013-04-15 22:06:16

bananaman114
Scratcher

16Skittles wrote:

Hate to be a cynic in times like these, but violence (including against innocents) is nothing new.

The police department of Boston is speaking right now. Hopefully they'll catch the people that did this, although a bomb like that could be triggered from around the world. Some things confuze me still (such as the timing of detonation) and breaking reporting is notoriously bad (on the day of Newtown the press blamed the true shooter's brother) but after a day or two there will be more reliable reporting. Quite eerie, though, is the targeting of an athletic event, similar to The Dark Knight Rises. Worse still considering the TDKR shooting. Coincidence is a scary thing.

I'm also pretty cynical here...
It's probably not a coincidence. I mean, I'm not saying Illuminati or anything, but if you want to kill people you set off bombs where people are going to be.

Those are my two cents.

the sun still shines

#34 2013-04-15 22:07:44

zubblewu
Scratcher

angelica101 wrote:

Heard of it after school. It disappoints me to see people do these things. It almost seems like there's a pattern. It's been 4 months since Sandy hook, not sure how many since the movie theater one. If only there was a way to evade this.

Who knows what's wrong with those people. I don't see why they'd kill themselves for the sake of killing COMPLETELY INNOCENT BYPASSERS. These things are just the result of way too many bad influences out there. It's just... Messed up.

My greatest condolences to all hurt today and in the last shootings/bombings.

the bombs at Boston could have been detonated remotely, i've heard, and the guy at sandy hooke killed himself only when the police came.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#35 2013-04-15 22:09:24

zubblewu
Scratcher

bananaman114 wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

It's probably not a coincidence. I mean, I'm not saying Illuminati or anything, but if you want to kill people you set off bombs where people are going to be.

Those are my two cents.

because 9/11 and all the mass shootings and this were all inside jobs to take our rights away!!

#36 2013-04-15 22:09:29

veggieman001
Scratcher

angelica101 wrote:

some terrorist attacks are the result of people trying to get back at america by doing the same things we've done to them

#37 2013-04-15 22:10:52

banana500
Scratcher

Bbcrab1 wrote:

And I'm NOT gonna stop.

Because we live in a stupid world.

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#38 2013-04-15 22:13:11

zubblewu
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Bbcrab1 wrote:

And I'm NOT gonna stop.

more like a world full of stupid people

#39 2013-04-15 22:14:21

bananaman114
Scratcher

zubblewu wrote:

bananaman114 wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

Those are my two cents.

because 9/11 and all the mass shootings and this were all inside jobs to take our rights away!!

they're coming for you

the sun still shines

#40 2013-04-15 22:16:15

Jinck
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

angelica101 wrote:

some terrorist attacks are the result of people trying to get back at america by doing the same things we've done to them

That is a very interesting concept. We come in and try to fix there government but end up killing lots of innocent people, and UN just calls it simple war. However, if they retaliate and attak us and our innocent people the UN calls it TERRORISM. It's messed up, superpower countries get to come in and lay wast to every last square foot of land in a third world country, but third world counties cant do it back. It's like an abusive parent.

Play Sins of A Solar Empire!!!!!!!! http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/03/Sins-of-A-Solar-Empire-Rebellion-5.jpg

#41 2013-04-15 22:17:48

Sellout
Scratcher

I just changed the TV channel from coverage of this to cartoons because I really don't want to hear about it any more than I already have. Sucks that it happened but I don't need 2 hours of interviews from people to tell me that a bomb exploded and that it sucks and scared them

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#42 2013-04-15 22:18:03

zubblewu
Scratcher

bananaman114 wrote:

zubblewu wrote:

bananaman114 wrote:

Those are my two cents.

they're coming for you

good thing i have muh guns to protect against the government!!!

#43 2013-04-15 22:25:23

veggieman001
Scratcher

Jinck wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

angelica101 wrote:

That is a very interesting concept. We come in and try to fix there government but end up killing lots of innocent people, and UN just calls it simple war. However, if they retaliate and attak us and our innocent people the UN calls it TERRORISM. It's messed up, superpower countries get to come in and lay wast to every last square foot of land in a third world country, but third world counties cant do it back. It's like an abusive parent.

we also have extraordinary rendition (i.e. kidnapping, against this un resolution) in alliance with other governments around the world which i suppose would make other countries detest us even more

#44 2013-04-15 22:26:26

banana500
Scratcher

zubblewu wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Bbcrab1 wrote:

And I'm NOT gonna stop.

The world is the people.

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#45 2013-04-15 22:30:04

zubblewu
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

zubblewu wrote:

banana500 wrote:

The world is the people.

all creatures are equal! humans are just more equal

#46 2013-04-15 22:30:46

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Agh, that's just sad...

I don't understand you, world.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#47 2013-04-15 22:34:04

Sellout
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

Agh, that's just sad...

I don't understand you, world.

Yep. I don't know why people have to elevate this to a terrorism discussion and complain about America's government when we don't even know who did it at this point (It could just as well be someone from the states anyway). I don't think there's much that needs to be said at this point other than "Well that's awful and I feel bad for the people involved." Like jeez show some respect

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#48 2013-04-15 22:47:45

generosity
New Scratcher

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." Matthew 5:39

#49 2013-04-15 22:53:01

veggieman001
Scratcher

generosity wrote:

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." Matthew 5:39

i dont understand

#50 2013-04-15 22:59:41

bananaman99
New Scratcher

zubblewu wrote:

bananaman114 wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

Those are my two cents.

When did he insinuate that?

Board footer