This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-14 03:16:18

owetre18
Scratcher

Sleeping Dogs

Sleeping dogs is an open-world style game. It's basically Need for Speed: Undercover + GTA in Hong Kong.

I'm buying it in the morning, and wondering who has it, and what their opinions are.

#2 2013-04-14 03:44:03

zubblewu
Scratcher

Re: Sleeping Dogs

i'm pretty sure this isn't a scratch-appropriate game...

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#3 2013-04-14 03:46:03

Sellout
Scratcher

I didn't know we weren't allowed to talk about not scratch-appropriate games! I've mentioned M-rated games twice!!! Don't ban me  sad   sad   sad

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#4 2013-04-14 03:59:25

Sellout
Scratcher

plz don't ban me i won't mention borderlands ever again

#5 2013-04-14 04:03:03

Sellout
Scratcher

Dang it! I did it again!

But anyway I've got some friends who like Sleeping Dogs though I've never played it myself and don't particularly trust these friends' opinions

#6 2013-04-14 20:58:39

owetre18
Scratcher

Jeez, I stop going on Scratch for a few months and everybody's panicked about being banned for mentioning a violent game.

Seriously, what happened? I remember swapping hack weapon codes for CoD or something, and I remember documenting my progress in Skyrim in high detail, gore and all.

Borderlands, Fallout, CoD: Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3, World of Warcraft, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs.

Ban me now!

(I'm kidding, banning me would be the wrong thing to do, as I didn't do anything wrong)

Last edited by owetre18 (2013-04-14 21:07:18)

#7 2013-04-14 21:07:09

Sellout
Scratcher

owetre18 wrote:

Jeez, I stop going on Scratch for a few months and everybody's panicked about being banned for mentioning a violent game.

I know I was joking and I doubt zubblewu actually particularly cared

I dunno if the crowd here was different a few months ago but I'm pretty sure most of the people here right now are under twelve years of age and probably shouldn't be playing the games you've mentioned + might not want to hear about them

#8 2013-04-14 21:09:15

owetre18
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

owetre18 wrote:

I know I was joking and I doubt zubblewu actually particularly cared

I dunno if the crowd here was different a few months ago but I'm pretty sure most of the people here right now are under twelve years of age and probably shouldn't be playing the games you've mentioned + might not want to hear about them

I've been here since '07 (a rarity now, I guess) and when I last posted, most of the people here were in the 14-27 range.

In my opinion, sheltering children isn't a good thing. It makes the transitioning from 'Childhood' to 'Real Adult Life' a lot harder. I wasn't sheltered at all, and tuned out fine. A little morbid and sick in the head, but fine.

But, enough about sheltering children. We're here to talk about one thing: The best (I guess) Open-world shoot-em-up Triad game.

Last edited by owetre18 (2013-04-14 21:13:06)

#9 2013-04-14 21:15:34

Sellout
Scratcher

owetre18 wrote:

I've been here since '07 (a rarity now, I guess) and when I last posted, most of the people here were in the 14-27 range.

In my opinion, sheltering children isn't a good thing. It makes the transitioning from 'Childhood' to 'Real Adult Life' a lot harder. I wasn't sheltered at all, and tuned out fine. A little morbid and sick in the head, but fine.

I was here for about a year around 2009 under a different name and I don't think the crowd was much different but there was a little less censorship (Pretty sure there were communism threads and ones about gay marriage and garbage that mods participated on rather than just Harry Potter and minecraft and ponies)

I wasn't particularly sheltered as a child but I simply didn't enjoy violent video games when I was around the age most Scratchers seem to be. They can probably work on getting closer to the "real adult" part of their life transition when they're a few years older and actually have to start worrying about that sort of thing. I don't think trying to make kids grow up faster is going to make them come out any more mature in the end and if they want to stay kids for a normal amount of time that's kind of okay

#10 2013-04-14 21:17:59

owetre18
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

owetre18 wrote:

I was here for about a year around 2009 under a different name and I don't think the crowd was much different but there was a little less censorship (Pretty sure there were communism threads and ones about gay marriage and garbage that mods participated on rather than just Harry Potter and minecraft and ponies)

I wasn't particularly sheltered as a child but I simply didn't enjoy violent video games when I was around the age most Scratchers seem to be. They can probably work on getting closer to the "real adult" part of their life transition when they're a few years older and actually have to start worrying about that sort of thing. I don't think trying to make kids grow up faster is going to make them come out any more mature in the end and if they want to stay kids for a normal amount of time that's kind of okay

Heck, when I was here, Misc was still active, and we were talking about sexual orientation, politics, and religion.
Everything was a lot more.. chill back then.

Anyway, I downloaded the game, and I get a crash every time I start it. I get to the logo screen, and the game just sorta.. quits.

Last edited by owetre18 (2013-04-14 21:24:49)

#11 2013-04-14 21:50:02

zubblewu
Scratcher

omg we shud ban u!

but about your problem, try uninstalling and redownloading the game

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#12 2013-04-14 21:51:21

zubblewu
Scratcher

also i've been wanting to get this for a while but my parents would probably consider it "too violent"

if it works, tell me how it is

#13 2013-04-14 21:58:18

Sellout
Scratcher

My dad likes FPS games and usually lets me get them if I let him have a turn every once in a while + I don't usually get asked for ID at the game store anyway I don't think they care + it's easy to lie on Steam

#14 2013-04-15 02:27:22

NeilWest
Scratcher

I guess there must be some appropiate things to discuss about the game (cheats, car driving, funny stories, glitches).

#15 2013-04-15 05:53:05

owetre18
Scratcher

The only way enemies die is if you use a gun, throw them off a high place, or use the environmental hazard feature. The rest of the time, they're just knocked out.

Board footer