This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-02 14:13:06

strategist
New Scratcher

The Cats have got to go.

For a while now, projects about cats have taken over the website( not scratch cat). Scratch is supposed to be about creating games, animations, and helping other people learn how to get better at using scratch. These cat projects have owned the front page of the 1.4 site for months, and now they are leaking into 2.0 . Before all of this started happening, I was able to see projects by my favorite scratchers on the front page. Now they are buried under hundreds, if not thousands of cat projects. It has gotten to the point where I have had to become friends with all the scratchers I want to see projects from or I never see any of their projects. These cat projects don't belong here and up until now I have been afraid to do something about it. Please give me some support in getting rid of the cats.

#2 2013-04-02 14:19:39

TheRealPico
New Scratcher

Re: The Cats have got to go.

Scratch is for sharing, also there is something called ''freedom''.

#3 2013-04-02 14:49:28

iTweak0r
Scratcher

TheRealPico wrote:

+1

(OMG its pico!  smile )

Last edited by iTweak0r (2013-04-02 14:49:37)

Make it in Scratch! because it's cooler when it's made in scratch
http://i.imgur.com/D4iqPHR.png

#4 2013-04-02 16:02:37

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

TheRealPico wrote:

Exactly.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#5 2013-04-02 18:20:12

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

strategist wrote:

For a while now, projects about cats have taken over the website( not scratch cat). Scratch is supposed to be about creating games, animations, and helping other people learn how to get better at using scratch. These cat projects have owned the front page of the 1.4 site for months, and now they are leaking into 2.0 . Before all of this started happening, I was able to see projects by my favorite scratchers on the front page. Now they are buried under hundreds, if not thousands of cat projects. It has gotten to the point where I have had to become friends with all the scratchers I want to see projects from or I never see any of their projects. These cat projects don't belong here and up until now I have been afraid to do something about it. Please give me some support in getting rid of the cats.

Adding friends with interests that align with yours is a great way to insure that you see more projects that you are interested in!  There are some great features on the Scratch 2.0 site that help with this, such as the "Projects Loved by By Scratchers I'm Following" and "Projects Shared by Scratchers I'm Following" as well as better search tools.  So your concerns are being addressed.

But you are wrong when you say that "cat projects don't belong here".  They are creative and appropriate uses of the Scratch website and we have no intention of removing them.  The site is large enough for different interests - use the tools provided to help you focus on the projects you do want to see.  If you have suggestions on how to improve how you find projects the you want, we are eager to hear your ideas - but we are not interested in restricting the site to only support certain types of Scratch project.

Since this topic is framed in a rather hostile way and is not going to happen under any circumstances, I'm going to close it.  Please feel free to start other topics with your specific ideas about improving our Front page selection logic or other tools to help you see what you want to see.

Last edited by Paddle2See (2013-04-02 18:22:56)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

Board footer