This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-02 08:14:18

dusty22
Scratcher

Is the fullscreen flash player supposed to be slow?

I just noticed something, can't believe I never realized it... Why is it that the flash player in the normal website viewing window seems to run lightning fast when displaying a project, but then when you go to full screen it slows down a noticeable amount?

Is it just me? I mean, it's okay in full screen, but quite a bit slower, than the normal minimized window, it's just not as fast or smooth.

EDIT:
Just try taking a look at my project right here, http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/dusty22/3225194 . It runs wicked fast in Flash when it's not fullscreen, but then go to fullscreen. I want to know if it's just me or not.

Last edited by dusty22 (2013-04-02 09:29:53)

#2 2013-04-02 18:04:05

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Re: Is the fullscreen flash player supposed to be slow?

That problem has been known for some time already, but I have seen a post suggesting that this might be a browser issue (Chrome).

What browser are you using to play the project?

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#3 2013-04-02 19:30:50

nama
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

That problem has been known for some time already, but I have seen a post suggesting that this might be a browser issue (Chrome).

happens to me in firefox too

You say goodbye to 1.4, I say hello to 2.0.

#4 2013-04-03 02:52:48

dusty22
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

I'm using Chrome. I'll compare it to Firefox and IE to see if there's any difference though even though I feel like it won't matter.

Also, I noticed on the Scratch 2.0 website the Flash Player is v277, which runs slightly better in fullscreen, versus the v263 one on this website. However full screen still seems slower and glitchier.

EDIT:
Just tried it in Firefox, and it runs much better. On both this and the 2.0 website Flash runs almost the same in full screen as normal screen, so I guess it has to do with Chrome.

Last edited by dusty22 (2013-04-03 03:01:56)

Board footer