This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#76 2013-04-06 16:09:46

Nomolos
Scratcher

Re: Pixainia Collab (reboot)

xlk wrote:

Well, here's what I've done so far:
-I shaded bricks for the fun of it, but I'm not really happy with how they came out...
-Made a tall grass tile.
-I shaded chest, really like how it turned out.
-made a sand tile, it now has a grainy texture.
-made 2 alternate sand tiles, one with some rocks, and one with 2 big ones.
-made sandstone look like a mix of stone and sand instead of recoloured dirt.

Things I'd like to point out:
-glass could be made transparent, instead of being opaque. We could do something similar to minecraft's glass, have a diagonal shine on the corner that goes over the transparent area, so it doesn’t look empty.
-walls for castle, that cover up the BG. Just use a darkened brick block.
-the screen with the 2 mole thingies an the vampire in which you glitch through the ground appears to be a badly compressed image, which is causing the colour detection hilarity...
-the sword stays behind while you swing it, giving the appearance of a floating hand...
Don't know if this is intentional or not.
-grey is used when objects have to be non-solid, yet locks and the bed have black in them. Why not use a colour like #010000, with a minimal amount of brightness, just enough to not be black.
-fighting is a tad weird... with slimes you just hold down the mouse and slowly come up to them, and with troll all you can do is run into it and hope he dies first, unless there's a pattern in his movement...
-maybe add some sort of weapon spell of sorts, so spells aren't only for events, like bridge fixing or finishing side quests?
-More trees please? :C
-a bow and arrow would be awesome...
-inventory being transparent is problematic, having a colour based physics system..

The bow and arrow thing probably will be able to be a spell, where you shoot it, but the spell only works on certain creatures.

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#77 2013-04-06 18:20:31

xlk
Scratcher

BTW, just noticed how thread is called pixiania, and your layout has pixainia...

#78 2013-04-06 18:31:08

CopperHawk
Scratcher

xlk wrote:

BTW, just noticed how thread is called pixiania, and your layout has pixainia...

Yeah, I made a spelling error on the title.  tongue

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#79 2013-04-06 18:32:46

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

xlk wrote:

Well, here's what I've done so far:
-I shaded bricks for the fun of it, but I'm not really happy with how they came out...
-Made a tall grass tile.
-I shaded chest, really like how it turned out.
-made a sand tile, it now has a grainy texture.
-made 2 alternate sand tiles, one with some rocks, and one with 2 big ones.
-made sandstone look like a mix of stone and sand instead of recoloured dirt.

Things I'd like to point out:
-glass could be made transparent, instead of being opaque. We could do something similar to minecraft's glass, have a diagonal shine on the corner that goes over the transparent area, so it doesn’t look empty.
-walls for castle, that cover up the BG. Just use a darkened brick block.
-the screen with the 2 mole thingies an the vampire in which you glitch through the ground appears to be a badly compressed image, which is causing the colour detection hilarity...
-the sword stays behind while you swing it, giving the appearance of a floating hand...
Don't know if this is intentional or not.
-grey is used when objects have to be non-solid, yet locks and the bed have black in them. Why not use a colour like #010000, with a minimal amount of brightness, just enough to not be black.
-fighting is a tad weird... with slimes you just hold down the mouse and slowly come up to them, and with troll all you can do is run into it and hope he dies first, unless there's a pattern in his movement...
-maybe add some sort of weapon spell of sorts, so spells aren't only for events, like bridge fixing or finishing side quests?
-More trees please? :C
-a bow and arrow would be awesome...
-inventory being transparent is problematic, having a colour based physics system..

The bow and arrow thing probably will be able to be a spell, where you shoot it, but the spell only works on certain creatures.

Yeah, that might work, I just think it would be kind of cruel to let the player attack poor, innocent slimes and not give them a fighting chance.  lol

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#80 2013-04-06 18:50:07

Nomolos
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

xlk wrote:

Oh, to fix that, just click "Report" on the first post, and ask the ST to change the name.

^^Poor, poor, slimes. xD

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.

#81 2013-04-06 20:23:16

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

xlk wrote:

Oh, to fix that, just click "Report" on the first post, and ask the ST to change the name.

^^Poor, poor, slimes. xD

Oh, thanks!  lol

#82 2013-04-06 21:49:50

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Upcoming version:
(Updated checklist)
-Spell of Vampires   -Added!
-New way to use spell book.    -Added!
-Monster guidebook.  -Added!
-Sefar Cave area.   -Added!
-Updated grey bricks and sand. -Added!
-Updated map. -Added!
-Kazon at Sefar Cave.
-Adawa town gates.

Last edited by CopperHawk (2013-04-07 12:34:46)

#83 2013-04-06 23:57:59

Nomolos
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Upcoming version:
(Updated checklist)
-Spell of Vampires   -Added!
-New way to use spell book.    -Added!
-Monster guidebook.  -Added!
-Sefar Cave area.   -Added!
-Updated grey bricks and sand. -Added!
-Kazon at Sefar Cave.
-Adawa town gates.

Hoorah!  big_smile

#84 2013-04-07 12:32:55

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Hey everyone! Should I try making a titlepage/menu for Pixainia? That way we can have "load game" and "start new game".

#85 2013-04-07 14:23:07

Nomolos
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Hey everyone! Should I try making a titlepage/menu for Pixainia? That way we can have "load game" and "start new game".

I vote yes.

#86 2013-04-07 20:07:17

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

I vote yes.

I'm working on an awesome (If I may say so myself...) title page. We don't have to use it, but it's coming along really nicely. I've finished the next version and I will upload it ASAP.

#87 2013-04-07 20:33:50

Nomolos
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

I vote yes.

I'm working on an awesome (If I may say so myself...) title page. We don't have to use it, but it's coming along really nicely. I've finished the next version and I will upload it ASAP.

Well, if the title page is by you, then of course it's awesome.  big_smile

Alright! Can't wait to see the upload!  big_smile

#88 2013-04-07 20:43:45

thecraftmaster
Scratcher

Yay, my test account's a scratcher.  smile

I am a test account. Of who? Nomolosbig_smile

#89 2013-04-08 00:32:14

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

I vote yes.

It's uploaded!  smile
I'll post the title screen sometime tommorow.

CopperHawk, over and out.  lol

#90 2013-04-08 10:44:52

Nomolos
Scratcher

Wow! Love the new version! You're working hard on this, and for that I'm super happy.  big_smile

Also, add "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos, to your sig.  big_smile

#91 2013-04-08 18:28:53

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

Wow! Love the new version! You're working hard on this, and for that I'm super happy.  big_smile

Also, add "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos, to your sig.  big_smile

Okay, thanks!  big_smile   big_smile

#92 2013-04-08 20:33:22

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

I vote yes.

Here it is!

#93 2013-04-09 01:38:21

kayybee
Scratcher

Since we're (actually, you're) working on a menu, how should I set the mood of the music?

Is the title supposed to be "YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! I'M GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!" or like "Ah!!! The monsters are going to kill us! Hurry stop them!" or something else?

I'll also try the grasslands music.

#94 2013-04-09 10:00:35

CopperHawk
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

Since we're (actually, you're) working on a menu, how should I set the mood of the music?

Is the title supposed to be "YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! I'M GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!" or like "Ah!!! The monsters are going to kill us! Hurry stop them!" or something else?

Probably either "YAYAYA!" Or a quiet but building excitement type of music.

#95 2013-04-09 23:04:57

Necromaster
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

kayybee wrote:

HEY COPPER GUESS WHAT I HAVE VERY SPECIAL NEWS IM GOING TO START WORKING ON THE NEXT VERSION BUT THERE IS ONE VERY SPECIAL THING I'M GOING TO ASK

For the monster journal is it only accessible at the main menu or what?

Aaand I think the spellbook needs a new look, but... Whatever.

#96 2013-04-10 09:39:48

topazdragonlord
Scratcher

please may I join as an Ideas person?

Activeness- 8-10

Thanks
-topazdragonlord

http://i45.tinypic.com/idumbk.png

#97 2013-04-10 10:03:48

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Necromaster wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

kayybee wrote:

HEY COPPER GUESS WHAT I HAVE VERY SPECIAL NEWS IM GOING TO START WORKING ON THE NEXT VERSION BUT THERE IS ONE VERY SPECIAL THING I'M GOING TO ASK

For the monster journal is it only accessible at the main menu or what?

Aaand I think the spellbook needs a new look, but... Whatever.

I was thinking you would get the monster journal from a knight in Adawa town, but that's just what I thought. So it's accessible just as easy as the spell book.

#98 2013-04-10 10:06:59

CopperHawk
Scratcher

topazdragonlord wrote:

please may I join as an Ideas person?

Activeness- 8-10

Thanks
-topazdragonlord

Sure! Welcome!  big_smile

#99 2013-04-10 10:21:56

topazdragonlord
Scratcher

Thanks  big_smile

http://i45.tinypic.com/idumbk.png

#100 2013-04-11 01:09:40

CopperHawk
Scratcher

ALL MEMBERS!
Please read below, and make sure to do all of the things listed, if you haven't already. Thank you! -CopperHawk

-View version 2.55, read the in-game message on CopperTest's account.
-View the interactive titlepage on CopperTest's account.
-Start on a costume for you in the game. (You do not have to, and if you want I can make the costume for you, just tell me what to do.)
-Keep active and posting ideas!  smile

I'll be working on a different project, so if you have any questions, ask Nomolos. I'll try to keep active on this forum, but don't be surprised if it takes me awhile to respond.

Board footer