This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#3076 2013-05-05 18:12:06

madbunnygal
Scratcher

Re: Arabian Nights--A Writing Collab for Future Authors

Waffle27 wrote:

Could someone do 50-60 for me please? My eyes are about to fall out of my skull, I've been doing this all morning

done it

http://i40.tinypic.com/30c50yb.png

#3077 2013-05-05 18:36:58

Waffle27
Scratcher

madbunnygal wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

Could someone do 50-60 for me please? My eyes are about to fall out of my skull, I've been doing this all morning

done it

Alright, thanks. Now we just need 82-the end and we've got everything!  big_smile  big_smile
I'm not going to be able to do it for a while, since I'm going soon. I might be able to do it later tonight, at around say, 8:00 at night.

#3078 2013-05-05 21:22:01

madbunnygal
Scratcher

ok, i'll do 82- 90

#3079 2013-05-05 23:06:41

madbunnygal
Scratcher

did to 90

#3080 2013-05-05 23:15:41

Waffle27
Scratcher

Thanks, bunny.

I'm really stressed. Only an hour more to copy 30+ pages. No ones on, so I'll do it myslef.

#3081 2013-05-05 23:41:15

madbunnygal
Scratcher

Hi, where are you up to?

#3082 2013-05-05 23:42:50

Waffle27
Scratcher

On page 96. Could you do page 105 on? (btw did you find out how to post on the wiki?)

#3083 2013-05-05 23:55:49

Waffle27
Scratcher

I think I got everything! YAYZ!~

#3084 2013-05-05 23:57:17

madbunnygal
Scratcher

No, but I have it all on a word document so I'll post it now so you can put it on

When Epher came to, blurry faces were dancing above him. He struggled to roll over, but he was much too cramped and sore. “What—where am I?” he asked groggily.
    “You were in a little human boat.” Coil said solemnly. “You’re not anymore.”
    “Thanks,” Epher said, assuming by Coil’s slightly smug look that the Sea serpent did something to the boat, and probably the humans inside of it.
    “Epher!” Epher heard the Hippocampi’s voice seconds before it floated into view. “What did I tell you about the festival?” Epher groaned. For once, couldn’t he have listened to the Hippocampus? It wasn’t helping that she was going on and on about how she had told him the risks, and to be careful, and how if Coil hadn’t shown up he would have been stuck in that horrid boat forever.
    “I know, I know,” Epher groaned, feeling a tingling sensation return to his flippers. “You told me so.”
    “How did you get in that boat in the first place?” Rarse wondered. “I doubt you just hopped in.”
    “Might as well have,” Epher managed to pick himself up off the sea floor, and his eyesight slowly cleared to reveal his friends, standing in a tight knit circle around him. Seaweed waved by the sandy colored stones, and a small crab scuttled around on the sea bottom. “I turned into a human and ran into a human lab!” he blurted, then cowered, afraid of the tart responses.
    “What?!?” Amaya cried. “I told you to be careful! Why don’t you ever listen to me, Epher?”
    Epher sighed. “I tried to be careful; I really did, but…” Epher told them the entire story, from the point where he met Tattoo and Stubble, to the point where Glasses poked him and they brought him out to sea.
    “That cylinder was called a shot,” explained Crystal, “that must’ve been what put you to sleep.”
    “I guess so,” Epher agreed. “But I am very tired…” he yawned. Without further ado, Epher found a cozy clump of seaweed and curled up. Before Amaya or the others could question him further, he was soundly asleep.

Theres the ending of Chapter 3!   

Coil bared his teeth at yet another shark that had been stupid enough to engage him. It made a pathetic noise and darted away. Coil then spun around to snap at the thin barracudas that were trying to sneak off with the group’s whale meat. It swam quickly away. Coil was getting tired of having to fend off all the thieves and attackers that came to them. He thought for a moment, drifting lazily in the current. Then he decided that everyone in the group should learn combat. ”Hey, guys, come over here.”

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

“What?” “You want us to FIGHT?” “But why?” Coil looked at the group. They couldn’t seem to find a common question about his statement. “I can fight off all the big things, but everyone needs to know how to protect themselves if something happens.” “I can already do that!” Crystal protested. “Having a weapon doesn’t make you a master, Crystal.” Coil responded.” you all need to learn combat.” Coil gradually, one by one, wore them down until they had all agreed to learn. Then he got to work.” I don’t know much about weapons, so mostly you’ll be teaching yourselves. But I can help with the basics.” “Does anyone besides Crystal have any weapon experience?” “I have some experience with the sword.” Rarse piped up.

“Good. You can learn to use the sword. Anyone else?” No one responded

“Ok, then. Epher, you can learn double daggers if it’s ok with you.”

“But why daggers?” Epher asked.

“Because,” Coil said,”We have some.”

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

“What? We don’t have any daggers.” Epher said. “We don’t have ANY weapons.”

Coil shook his head vigorously. Two steel daggers glimmered as they sank to the sandy seafloor. Rarse swam over and picked the weapons up.

“What? How?” Epher sputtered.

“They’re like a crown. When the future king is born, two daggers are set into his horns in such a way that they can only be shaken out by a certain movement, and can be put back in.”

“You can use these.” Coil said, “If you don’t lose them.”

“I won’t” Epher said.
ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

The sound of coral smacking coral echoed throughout the reef. Coil had sliced a coral pillar into pieces to make a sword and shield for Rarse, and two daggers for Epher, which Rarse had strapped to his fins, and another sword for Crystal. “This way, your sword will stay sharp for when you need it.” Coil explained to Crystal.  Amaya was using her hooves, for the coral was too sharp to hit with her tail. They had been training for over an hour. Epher was fast and agile, but didn’t hit very hard in his seal form. Rarse was a natural with the sword, and Amaya was pulverizing the coral. Despite having probably trained with the sword for years, Rarse was almost as good as her. Deciding they had enough for one day he called a rest. For ten days, they practiced an hour when the sun was shining and two hours at night. Then Coil decided that they were ready for an actual fight. After a two day rest, Coil killed a whale and set the carcass down in the middle of a clearing in a kelp forest. Then he told Epher to float over it. The rest of the group retreated into the kelp. After a while, drawn by the scent of blood, a mako shark swam into the clearing. It paused when it saw Epher, then deciding that he wasn’t a threat, swam directly at it. Epher repeated the action. The shark was surprised by that, and stopped dead. Epher sped toward it, at the last second altering course, going under the shark’s belly and slicing a long gash with one of the coral daggers. Then he continued into the kelp. Having seen what happened, the rest of the group, except Coil, charged out of the kelp. After being cut and bruised multiple times, the shark gave up and fled.

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

After finishing the feast of various types of succulent fish and seaweed, Coil announced that he had actual weapons for Rarse and Epher. He then gave them each their weapon. Rarse was delighted at the sword, shield, and scabbard he received. The sword was plain, with a three foot steel blade and a cloth grip. It was double-bladed and had a pommel shaped like brain coral. The shield was scalloped, and depicted waving seaweed. The scabbard hung on his back, held by a strap. The strap was plain whale leather, but the scabbard was steel.
Rarse thanked Coil, and then Epher received two daggers. Coil’s were to be used only in emergencies. The daggers were steel, with a razor tip. There was a slot in each handle that whale leather straps could be slid through for use in seal form. The pommels were shaped like the tail of a fish.
The group then appointed Rarse as guard and slept.

Book: Silverwing
Genre: Fiction
Style: Adventure
Readers: 2/10
Rating: 8/10
Summary: Bats are one of the most interesting creatures out there. They rock the best of two worlds. They have fur, but they also have wings. Despite common belief, bats aren’t blind, they can see just fine, even though they can only see in black, white, and various shades of gray. Staying true to a bat’s limited color scheme, Kenneth Oppel doesn’t mention a single color in his book “Silverwing”.
    In this novel, Shade, a Silverwing bat, has always been too curious for his own good. As the runt of his colony, Shade wants to impress the bigger of the kids. All he wanted was to show them he was brave too. What he got was a whole lot worse.
    Suddenly, Shade is separated from his colony in a huge storm during their journey to Hibernaculum. With the help of his new friend, Marina, Shade must find his way to Hibernaculum and his colony. But with a hungry vampire bat on their trail, how long will Shade be able to last?
    Join Shade on his thrilling adventure as he faces rats, pigeons, and owls. Will he be able to find his colony while avoiding the danger of owls? Or will Shade fail, and never learn the secret of the sun, humans, and the mysterious bands?

Readers=How many people have read it out of 10

Ever wondered what lurked in the ocean, just below the surface, where we can’t see? Have you ever thought about the possibility of Sirens, Hippocampi, or Selkies? I’m sure every one of us has wondered if Sea serpents really exist. And most of us have probably hoped, deep down, that Merpeople have their own villages in the mysterious deep.
    For the first time, you can read a book that includes all of the above, and more! Get engaged in epic chase scenes, and rip-roaring fights. Catch your breath as a Sea serpent prince is forced to run from his rightful kingdom, and a Siren named Crystal is faced with the possibility of a complete memory wipe!
    Filled with action, adventure, and friendship, the Arabian Nights’ upcoming book: “Ocean Explorers” is one you don't want to miss. Take a quick peek into a little corner of Coil, Rarse, Crystal, Epher, and Amaya’s world with this special preview:

Book: The Sisters Grimm Books 1-7 by Michael Buckley
Genre: Fantasy
Style: Action, Adventure, Mystery
Readers: 1/5
Rating: 4.5/5
Summary: Sabrina and Daphne Grimm have been to various different foster homes ever since their parents went missing. The only clue to their whereabouts is a vibrant scarlet handprint stamped on the hood of the family car that they were traveling in when they disappeared. The only clue, that is, until the girls move in with Granny Relda—the grandmother from their father’s side—whom they had until previous notice thought dead.
    Suddenly, their world changes dramatically. After learning about that they are descended from the Brothers, Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm, Granny Relda informs them of the “Everafters”, or fairytale creatures, occupying Ferryport landing along with them.
    With each book comes a new member of the evil organization “the Scarlet Hand” whom along with kidnapping Sabrina and Daphne’s parents, Henry and Veronica Grimm, have also committed lots of other illegal crimes. Can Sabrina and Daphne rescue their parents with the threat of the Scarlet Hand floating above their heads? This book is full of action, suprises, and suspense. Most of them are in the 200-300 page range, and are a fun read for any reader who loves magic and fairytales, or secret organizations, mixed in with modern day settings.

A tall girl with raven hair stood at the school entrance. She was fourteen years old, soon to turn fifteen. The girl was waiting for her boyfriend so they could go have a picnic in the forest near her home.

The sun was high in the sky, with barely any clouds. Kids ran out the doors, probably to go swimming. Today was the last day of school, why not celebrate?

The girl finally caught sight of a boy. He was fifteen, with night black hair and brown eyes. He walked towards the girl and said, "Miara! I've missed you so much!"

Miara rolled her eyes, "You saw me at lunch." Her voice didn't hide her amusement. The boy laughed.

"Seriously though, History was more tortuous when it was the only thing standing between us and a good day."

"Well, come on Ezio." They both laughed. Miara calling her boyfriend, who's real name was Stephan, Ezio was an inside joke. Both of them had an obsession with Assassins Creed. To add to this, both of them were learning Parkour and Freerunning, Assassin style.

Miara pulled Stephan along the side walk, "Come on, I need to get the stuff from my house."

Soon they were at Miara's house, which forced them to end their conversation about Minecraft. Stephan and Miara walked inside, and began to gather sandwich material and salad. They also packed a camera, as the forest held some pretty flowers that always made for lovely photos.

Within a half an hour they had arrived to the edge of the woods. A conversation about how Conner Kenway would use the trees to his advantage. Miara insisted that he would climb up a large oak and use the rope dart, however Stephan waved this away, saying the Tomahawk Kill would be more effective. They soon reached a clearing and sat sown to pull everything out from a plastic bag.

It was already around five a clock, and the clouds had already covered the sun. The forest began to grow dark. The couple however, didn't notice. The began taking videos of each other using some free running moves on the trees, ' for the heck of it'. They contuened until Miara suddenly said, "That's weird. My camera shows static around the edge-"

She dropped the camera and covered her ears as it began to make a weird noise. Stephan, who also had is ears covered, came over to her. The camera stopped. Stephan said, "That was weird."

He looked up, "You know what, it is getting dark though. Let's go home before we miss the raid tonight." Miara nodded. The raid was, of course, in a video game called World of Warcraft. Tonight they were going to help a newer player with Naxxramas.

They packed up, and began to leave when Stephan's cell phone begun to ring. He answered it, "Hello?" He hung up. Miara looked at him, "Who was it?"

"Just static."

Miara nodded. Wh was the electronics being so weird?

They kept walking. It was now around seven o clock, and it was very dark.

"Why is it so dark?" Stephan said.

Miara shrugged, "We are in forest, it is cloudy, and it getting late. Don't worry, well get home."

And then she screamed. The ground in front of Miara had collapsed, and a shape began to rise out of it.

Stephan pulled Miara back and pushed her behind him as the shape was recognized through the dust.

It was a reptile head. The scales were a deep blue with lighter blues accents. The head was the size of a small care. The eyes were large, gold, orbs with cat like slits. The nostrils flared, and the creature bared knife long fangs. It swerved its long neck, trying to get a good look at them.

A powerful feminine voice came out of the mouth, yet her mouth didn't move. The voice sent vibrations through the ground and the human's bodies.

"You dare come here, so close to my nest? You humans are fools. Dragons are not meant to be caught and placed in cages, yet you insist on finding us and stealing our eggs. You have nearly forgotten, yet you always find us."

Miara spoke, carefully and timidly, "We didn't know dragons existed... But still, we would never tell, ever. We weren't going to steal your eggs, either... We just want to go home." Miara started crying, and Stephan hugged her, brushing her hair with his hands. "it's going to be ok," He whispered.

Stephan was, too, terrified. He didn't want to show it though, he didn't want Miara to get any more scared.

The dragon spoke again, "I guess your right. You wouldn't tell. However, my eggs hatch today and they need food. Why let prey go?"

Claws flashed out of the pit, grabbing Miara and Stephan. They pulled them into the pit.

The pit opened into a huge cave. Hundreds of feet tall, infact. The dragon had been on her hind legs, using her tail to balance.

"Look what you made me do to the ceiling." The dragon hissed. She flicked her long tail, and the rocks went back to how they were before she broke through.

Surprisingly, the cave wasn't dark. There was an orb in the wall, castin out light. Miara turned to see the dragon, now that nothing stopped her. She squirmed in the dragons claws to see a large body, with leathery wings folded, spines running down the back, and gems... Hundreds of gems. Sapphires, rubies, diamonds, all covering the dragons belly.

The dragon dropped the humans, 5 feet to the ground. Miara was lucky, she landed on a pile of grass. However, her love fell on a rock. The sickening sound of something breaking filled the air. As the dragon walked past them to the middle of the cavern, Miara ran to Stephan.

"No... No... No..." His legs were bent in such a horrible way. His breath was in shallow gasps.

Miara bent over him, "Stephan, you can't die, not yet! I haven't told you I love you enough, we haven't gotten maried, we haven't grown old..." Her tears landed on his face. He looked up at her and smiled.

"You've done everything. I love you too. I always will. No matter what, I always will." His eyes closed.

Miara stood up and turned towards the dragon, "Why did he die? You should have let him go! Killed me! Why?" She shrieked.

The dragon turned, "Because you alone aren't enough food for little ones."
Her voice seeped amusement. The dragon contuined, "Don't worry. I haven't finished playing with you two. Infact, we haven't begun. Look here, they are hatching!"

In front of the dragon was a huge nest, full of five eggs. Each had huge cracks, and Miara could see something inside.

After a moment, the eggs all burst. Wolf-sized hatchlings lay on the ground. They appeared to have leather like skin, the color of their mothers scales. Their mother began to speak, "Erysi,Ymi Elytlm Senos, deygh t'fyst."

The hatchling stood up quickly, and turned towards Miara and her dead love. She screamed, and began to climb a wall. She reached a ledge before they reached her.

The mother let out a laughing noise. She whispered something and energy bloomed around Stephan. His legs returned to normal, blood disappeared from he ground. His eyes opened. He stood. He turned.

And the hatchlings turned too. They ran towards Stephan. Miara had to watch the one she loved most die again? She was shocked, was he alive? What was happening?

Stephan began to run from the hatchlings, yet they were faster. One was leading the others, and prepared to pounce towards Stephan. The dragonling leaped towards Stephan, and tackled him to the floor. It bared long fangs, seeping with some green liquid. The other young dragons gathered round Stephan, watching their 'leader'. The lead dragon let the venom drop onto the human's face, where it slid down to his chest.

Then the dragon let a spark slip from its mouth. Stephan's face was englufed it flame. The predators bared down and began ripping at the human, blood splattered the floor. Eventually the screams faded.

Now it was time for another death. The dragons turned, blood covered faces looking up at Miara. After a moment they were suddenly under the ledge, pouncing at her. And one caught her. She fell down with the hatchling, screaming.

The mother dragon spoke, watching from the shadows, "My children, already good hunters, you will be good soldiers for the rebellion against the humans."

Miara was only concours of the feeling of her insides touching the aid, the sensation of a face being ripped, of a bone being chewed on. Of a life being brutally torn from a body.

"Alright class," Miss Robin continued, "your homework for tomorrow is-"
R-i-i-i-i-n-n-n-g-g-g! The kids jumped from their seats, eager to get out of the classroom before the homework sheets were passed around.
     In a flurry of movement and yells as kids fell over, the room was nearly empty, except for the kids who had dropped their papers and were hurrying to pick them up, and Trevor.
     Trevor had dirty blonde hair, and large brown eyes. Freckles spotted his face in various places, but he had little acne and chocolate tan skin. He didn't wear glasses, but was a school maniac, and would do anything for more information to squeeze in his already crammed brain. He sat at his desk expectantly, oblivious to the hurried departure of the other students. Miss Robin looked up, bundles of papers held tightly in her hand. Looking around the empty classroom, she sighed sadly, but noticing Trevor, broke into a pleased grin.
     "Trevor! I see you're the only one in the classroom, again," she surveyed the classroom again and took a deep breath. Trevor stood, and collected his pre-test papers from the teacher before smiling and walking out the door with his backpack swung over his shoulder. Most people that saw him without knowing him personally would assume he was a normal kid. He ran marathons, but was terrible at skateboarding, and couldn't ride one if his life depended on it. So once they got to know him, others would normally stay away from him, except one.

Camilla catches up with him (They already know each other and are friends maybe, if madbunny agrees.), Skipping to the ant part...

Trevor studied the alleyway as he and Camilla walked through it. He could see it was a good shortcut, but that didn't stop him from getting the chills. The path cut through two abandoned apartment buildings, with their windows closed and the lights out. He moved faster as the cold dank air pressed against his skin. But something was wrong.
     There was a scuttling sound behind them, and Trevor spun around and gasped. A large ant, bigger then any insect he'd ever seen, was crawling on six legs toward them, its pinchers clicking together.
     The ant marched toward Trevor, and he backed against the wall. He tried to run, but his feet felt rooted to the ground. He turned and his eyes went wide as he saw Camilla wasn't standing next to him anymore.

Ok guys, I have three ways that this thing can die by, or we can mix them all together.

1. Camilla turns into a tiger and destroys it easily.
2. Trevor involuntary turns invisible and he shocks the ant several times until the ant is knocked out, and then they all run.
3. Ula somehow appears and defeats it with her powers.

Mel dropped the can. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. “I—I don’t know.” She admitted. “That was scary.” Then she realized something. This was all just a dream! She could have fallen asleep…
No. The fear had been much too real, and the feeling of the metallic can hadn’t been like anything she could feel in a dream. “I’m Melody by the way.”  She said. “You can call me Mel, though. All my friends do.” She didn’t add that her only friend was Mr. Morris, the librarian.
“Ethan.” The boy held out his hand for a shake. “I just moved here from Canada.”
“I know.”  Mel didn’t tell him what she had seen, with his eyes. If he ended up being a friend, her first, she didn’t want him thinking she was crazy.
“So,” he said, inspecting the damage. “Do you think the librarian will notice?”

Blue metal, perfectly molded to her skin. That's what Ula's armor was. Her shoulders were bear, for extra mobility, and her hands were spcovered in a black mesh. Or everything but the fingers were covered, anyway. Her arms were covered in a light blue sleeve. It was very light and soft, and didn't seem to provide any resl physical protection. Her neck was bear, except for a silver and gold necklace which had a diamond carved into a howling wolf hanging from the end. Her chest was covered in a blue metal, very light, non-restrictive, and didn't keep her hot at all. It fit so perfectly, Ula knew it had to be very good protection. Purple designs were placed all over her cheastplate, creating the face of a wolf, a heart, and swirls. Her legs were protected by the same metal, but it had no accents. Her feet were encased in black leather boots, except for the toe, which was the same mesh her hand had. Fnally, Ula's head had string which wrapped around her head, across her forehead. From it, a green jewel pendant of a wolf in front of a heart hung between her eyes. Ula was ready to fight.

John lifted his feet high to avoid being caught in the tall marsh weeds. He had been here for five minutes, and he already hated Ryansberg swamp. It was so muddy, and the air buzzed with mosquitoes. He slapped his arm and scared a few of them off. But there was always more. He would die of blood loss before he was even halfway done, he thought. Then small waves rippled across the lake. John froze, almost believing that there could be something monstrous down there. Then he told himself that it was nothing. He turned to his cameraman, [name]. “Are you getting this? We have to let everyone know that Ryansberg Swamp is just a normal marsh.” [name] nodded. John then turned and walked further into the swamp. After a while, he said: “Ok, nothing to find here. Let’s go back.” There was no reply. John quickly turned around at the silence. [name] was gone

§  §  §

Yeah, that could work. Heres my part of the Nightmare:
             "Brian!” John hissed. This wasn’t the time to disappear. Thumping in his chest, John’s heart seemed like a swift, pounding, drum. “Brian, if you’re trying to scare me it’s not working!” he lied.
    The swamp didn’t respond. John took a shaky breath and told himself to calm down. This was all a joke, nothing to worry about, it didn’t matter…
    There was a crunch behind him. Whipping around, John could have sworn he saw movement. Just the slightest blur…
    There it was again! John contemplated whether to creep closer or stay put.       
     Either way, he’d be a goner. “Might as well die knowing what’s killing me,” he decided, sneaking towards the area of suspicion. On the ground at his feet was Brian’s camera, still playing.  He picked it up and pressed the stop button. He tried to rewind the film, but it turned out all Brian had caught was a flash of green grass, then a stormy gray sky.

brian is what Im calling the cameraguy for now.

The Yugolunite flickered and disappeared. They were on their own. For a second they stood there, frozen. Then Ethan turned around to face the monsters that would soon start moving and attack them. He pulled the pouch off his belt and scattered poisoned caltrops on the ground in front of them. Then pulled out both his katanas. The others followed his lead. Camilla turned into a tiger, Ula into a wolf, and Mel into a coyote. Trevor’s hands sparked with electricity. “Let’s do this.” Ethan said, right before the time wall wore off.

The Yugolunite flickered and disappeared. They were on their own. For a second they stood there, frozen. Then Ethan turned around to face the monsters that would soon start moving and attack them. He pulled the pouch off his belt and scattered poisoned caltrops on the ground in front of them. Then pulled out both his katanas. The others followed his lead. Camilla turned into a tiger, Ula into a wolf, and Mel into a coyote. Trevor’s hands sparked with electricity. “Let’s do this.” Ethan said, right before the time wall wore off.

XXXtransitionXXX

With the bubble of frozen time gone, the monsters were now moving. Very quickly. Towards them. Then they stopped abruptly. To them, it looked like five seemingly harmless kids had become much more deadly, and three of them had turned into very mean-looking animals. Then their leader rallied them. Two Cyclops ran towards the group. One was fried to a crisp by Ethan’s fireball, and the other was zapped to death from the bolts of electricity shooting from Trevor’s hand. The monsters hung back at that, reluctant to engage with these creatures that were almost certainly not human. The leader called out threats, and the monsters charged, the first few falling from the fast-acting poison on the caltrops in front of them. The group reacted, charging at the monsters. Then they met. Blood spurted from wounds, and snapping sounds could be heard as tiger, wolf and coyote claws broke bones. Trevor, knowing that electricity could go into his friends if he hit the main group, instead electrocuted any monsters that tried to attack from different directions. Ethan’s katanas were like arcs of light, slicing into any monsters they came across. Monster bodies littered the ground. But the group was not untouched. A long gash ran down Ula’s flank from a myrmeke mandible, and Ethan’s head was bruised from repeated hits from a Cyclops. Even Trevor was injured, with a large cut on the back of his hand. But they were winning. There were barely ten monsters left, and they were retreating. Ethan reached into the pouch at his belt and hurled shurikens into monster’s foreheads and hearts. Trevor zapped them with strong bolts of electricity. And Ula, Camilla, and Mel formed a wedge shape and plowed into the monsters, followed by Ethan, slicing with the bo staff formed by screwing his katanas together, widening the path cleared through the few monsters. Then the only one left was the lead monster. It was a treant, a living, evil oak tree. A bolt of electricity from Trevor stunned it, then it was burned to ashes from Ethan’s fireball. The battle was over.

A moment ago, Camilla was standing next to Trevor, who was flat against a wall with a giant ant cornering him. That was when everything changed. Her view lowered, and something had struck her. Hard.
"Why now?" She thought. "Not in front of Trevor!"
Standing in a pile of crumpled clothes, was a white tiger with sharp claws and a ribbon tied round it's neck. Camilla's ribbon.
"Trevor!" The tiger roared!
"I.i.i.it talks!" Trevor stammered.
"Trevor, I am Camilla" she roared again.
"What?" he screamed, but Camilla could no longer hear him, because she had jumped at the giant ant, and clawed at its stomach. The giant ant freed Trevor, and stumbled into one of the buildings.
"Trevor, Run!" Camilla screamed.
Trevor stood staring at the ant in horror and disbelief.

Camilla faced the ant. "Now for you! Anyone who hurts my friend will get an extra serving of my claws!" and with that, she jumped, swiping at the creature’s stomach until finally it fell into one of the buildings, leaving only Trevor.
“Trevor, follow me” Camilla said
“Y.y.you’re a tiger!”
“Don’t talk! Just follow.”

Camilla led Trevor into a deserted park. The grass was a dull dark green, and the sky was grey.

“I know you’re there!” Camilla called, as it came to their attention that something was slowly making its way out of the shrubs, towards them.

"Alright class," Miss Robin continued, "your homework for tomorrow is-"
R-i-i-i-i-n-n-n-g-g-g! The kids jumped from their seats, eager to get out of the classroom before the homework sheets were passed around.
     In a flurry of movement and yells as kids fell over, the room was nearly empty, except for the kids who had dropped their papers and were hurrying to pick them up, and Trevor.
     Trevor had dirty blonde hair, and large brown eyes. Freckles spotted his face in various places, but he had little acne and chocolate tan skin. He didn't wear glasses, but was a school maniac, and would do anything for more information to squeeze in his already crammed brain. He sat at his desk expectantly, oblivious to the hurried departure of the other students. Miss Robin looked up, bundles of papers held tightly in her hand. Looking around the empty classroom, she sighed sadly, but noticing Trevor, broke into a pleased grin.
     "Trevor! I see you're the only one in the classroom, again," she surveyed the classroom again and took a deep breath. Trevor stood, and collected his pre-test papers from the teacher before smiling and walking out the door with his backpack swung over his shoulder. Most people that saw him without knowing him personally would assume he was a normal kid. He ran marathons, but was terrible at skateboarding, and couldn't ride one if his life depended on it. So once they got to know him, others would normally stay away from him, except one.

Camilla catches up with him (They already know each other and are friends maybe, if madbunny agrees.), Skipping to the ant part...

Trevor studied the alleyway as he and Camilla walked through it. He could see it was a good shortcut, but that didn't stop him from getting the chills. The path cut through two abandoned apartment buildings, with their windows closed and the lights out. He moved faster as the cold dank air pressed against his skin. But something was wrong.
     There was a scuttling sound behind them, and Trevor spun around and gasped. A large ant, bigger then any insect he'd ever seen, was crawling on six legs toward them, its pinchers clicking together.
     The ant marched toward Trevor, and he backed against the wall. He tried to run, but his feet felt rooted to the ground. He turned and his eyes went wide as he saw Camilla wasn't standing next to him anymore.

A moment ago, Camilla was standing next to Trevor, who was flat against a wall with a giant ant cornering him. That was when everything changed. Her view lowered, and something had struck her. Hard.
"Why now?" She thought. "Not in front of Trevor!"
Standing in a pile of crumpled clothes, was a white tiger with sharp claws and a ribbon tied round it's neck. Camilla's ribbon.
"Trevor!" The tiger roared!
"I.i.i.it talks!" Trevor stammered.
"Trevor, I am Camilla" she roared again.
"What?" he screamed, but Camilla could no longer hear him, because she had jumped at the giant ant, and clawed at its stomach. The giant ant freed Trevor, and stumbled into one of the buildings.
"Trevor, Run!" Camilla screamed.
Trevor stood staring at the ant in horror and disbelief.

Camilla faced the ant. "Now for you! Anyone who hurts my friend will get an extra serving of my claws!" and with that, she jumped, swiping at the creature’s stomach until finally it fell into one of the buildings, leaving only Trevor.
“Trevor, follow me” Camilla said
“Y.y.you’re a tiger!”
“Don’t talk! Just follow.”

Camilla led Trevor into a deserted park. The grass was a dull dark green, and the sky was grey.

“I know you’re there!” Camilla called, as it came to their attention that something was slowly making its way out of the shrubs, towards them.

The Myrmeke raised its mandibles, leaning over Mel with its metallic shell and emotionless eyes. Mel gulped nervously, and screamed something to Ethan. Her throat was too parched, and pinched tight with selfish worry. There was nothing she could do expect for watch as the giant ant lunged in for the kill…
And then it stopped.
Everything stopped. It was as if time itself had paused. And then, as if from thin air, a figure rose up, glorious and mighty in his arrival to the teens.
Camilla growled, slipping out from under an ant. Ethan sliced an ant down its belly, before turning to snarl at the being. “What do you want?” he asked. Mel quietly rolled out from under her Myrmeke and stood beside the others.
“I am here to inform you of something special you each have,” the being said. “Each of you is like me.”
“And who are you?” Ula wondered.
“My name…is [enter Yulognite’s name].” the being announced with great authority. “And you, my friends, are legendary.”
“Cut to the chase.” Ethan said, glancing at the surrounding Myrmekes. “We don’t have all day.”

Homeroom: 7:00pm
Social studies: 7:30pm
Science: 8:30 pm
Lunch: 9:00
The list seemed to go on forever. Ethan had to read the whole schedule. The whole thing. He liked his school in Edmonton better. At least there, he had known the class times. Now he had to replace those words and numbers in his brain with these new ones. He sighed. So boring. It was 2016; you’d think they’d know how to make a schedule interesting. But no, it had to be a long list of classes and times. Ethan was fifteen, tall, slightly tanned, and had blue eyes. His hair was blonde-brown, and somewhat spiky. He had just moved here to Denver from Edmonton, Canada, because his mother had just died of TB, and his father couldn’t get a job in the oil mines. Ethan kept scanning the schedule. Than someone bumped him from the side.Hard. He jumped aside before he could be unbalanced. Tony was standing there. Tony was eighteen, and built like a barrel. He was also the biggest bully in the school. “What’s wrong, coward? Can’t fight me?” making a bring it on gesture with his hands. That got Ethan.
"I could've sworn I saw his eyes flash gold," whispered an awed student.
   "Just for a second there..."
    The rumours went on and on, but Ethan ignored them. Five minutes later, he was walking away. Tony was hunched over, with bruises all over his body. Ethan knew he would get in huge trouble for using karate on someone like that, but he didn’t really care. Tony had it coming. It was his own fault for messing with him. Little did he know that that moment would change his life forever. No one noticed, could have noticed, the presence in the room. An ancient presence. A powerful presence. And as Ethan walked out the door to go to homeroom, it was watching him.
Melody inched down the hallway, keeping her eyes on her feet. Maybe today Tony would choose someone else to pick on…She sighed. One could only hope.
Suddenly, there was a small commotion near Tony’s locker. “Can’t fight me?” Well, guess who? Tony. Mel backed away a little, before realizing that the bully wasn’t talking to her, but the new kid. Mel racked her brain, but couldn’t come up with the boy’s name. Uncertainly, Mel stayed to watch.
That was when it happened. For the briefest second, Mel could have sworn his eyes were gold. Just for an instant, and then the unnatural color was gone.
“I could’ve sworn I saw his eyes turn gold,” Mel whispered, awed, to a peer. Usually, she didn’t talk to fellow students, but this—this was special, Mel was sure. Could she have been the only one to see the strange occurrence?
No. Now everyone was confirming her sight. “Just for a second there…” agreed one student. “Pure gold…” murmured another.
The new kid began to pummel Tony, which made Mel laugh despite herself. Finally, someone was beating the bully for a change! The laughter didn’t last long. Soon, the new kid was walking away from a bruised and beat up Tony.
Kids cleared the hallways. Now that the excitement was over, they all needed to get to class. Melody knew that some teachers, especially Mr. Whitbocker, could be harsh with the late kids.
Forming a rare smile, Melody turned to go to Home Room.
She ignored the feeling that she and Tony were not the only ones remaining the halls.

Ethan now disliked this school even more. He constantly had to look over his shoulder in case Tony was planning on surprising him as revenge for being humiliated like that. Ethan now took precautions and sat behind and to the side of Tony in every class. Ethan was finishing Social Studies and in the hallway to science when he saw it. Thin strands of purple mist were swirling by the ceiling. As Ethan watched, they seemed to congregate into a figure. It was looking at him.
∞  ∞  ∞  ∞  ∞
Suddenly Ethan’s vision blacked out. It was only for a second, but when he regained his sight, something was wrong. The purple figure had gone, but that wasn’t what was strange. What was was that he could see everything he could see rust on the vents in the roof all the way down the hall. Ethan shook his head, and his vision returned to normal. ‘That was weird’ he thought. ‘Whatever’ he walked down the hall to go to science.
As soon as the final dismissal bell rang, the hallways were crammed with the usual after school traffic. Friends were hanging at lockers or texting each other from down the hall, most people were chattering about the fight in the morning. Mel however was carrying out her normal routine and heading upstairs to the school library.
She walked home, and her dad always expected her at around 4:15, fifteen minutes after the library closed.
“Hello, Mel, how are you today?” If librarians were allowed to choose favorites, Mel would be Mr. Morris’s. Every day after school, Melody came to help sort books, laminate covers, or sometimes just read quietly. He never asked, Melody just did. It was part of her daily routine.
“Fine, Mr. Morris, how are you?”
“Swell,” Mr. Morris said, returning to his computer, where he was methodically scanning books. Melody set down her backpack and  meandered among the bookshelves, searching for an unfamiliar cover.

Ethan dropped his book on advanced robotics and rushed to the window, were the ant stood outside on the playground, watching him. Suddenly it jumped at Ethan. The thin glass didn’t restrain it at all, and Ethan jumped backwards to avoid getting cut by the shimmering shards. Now the ant was in the library, and it looked as if it was out for blood. His blood. He quickly scanned the library until he saw a janitor’s cart in the corner. He pulled out a mop and snapped off the end, leaving him with a pretty good bo staff. He spun it around at the ant, pushing it back. Then he started attacking it, whipping blows at the legs and head, the areas that weren’t protected by a steel-like shell. But they weren’t doing anything. Then Ethan noticed the girl standing by the chairs. “Little help here?” he called as he kept slapping at the ant. The girl looked around. Then she picked up a book and threw it. It hit the ground just short of the ant’s side, causing it to turn. Ethan raised his makeshift bo staff into the air. When the ant turned back to face him, he slammed it down as hard as he could. The ant’s mandibles were crushed by the force, but Ethan’s staff was broken. No problem, he thought. He now had a short stick with a splintered, sharp end. If he could just get at the ant’s stomach… Then the girl helped again. She had grabbed a bottle of cleaning fluid from the janitor’s cart. She stomped her foot, and the ant turned to face her. Then she sprayed the poisonous fluid into the ants face. It reared on it’s back legs. Ethan couldn’t pass up this chance. He rolled forward between the ants legs and braced the stick against the ground, point up. Then he lay as low as he could. It was dangerous, he knew, but it was the only hope. Then the ant crashed down, straight onto the stick. It screamed horribly. Ethan let go of the stick and covered his ears. The girl did the same. Then the ant jumped aside. “Oh, come ON. Die already!” Ethan grumbled. Then he jumped at the ant, gripping it with two hands to hang on to it’s back. Suddenly he felt heat beneath his hands. The ant screamed and tried to jump away, but it seemed too weak. It collapsed to the ground. Then Ethan saw the burns. Where his hands had been were burns. They were so intense, they had gone through the shell and terminated the ant’s vital organs. “What the-“ Ethan said. He checked his hands. They were fine. “What was that?”

He was alone and lost and so very, very sad. . .
The howling demons of the wind cackled and grasped at his thin, ragged cloak. “Mother!” he screamed, his young voice rent with anguish. “There’s no one,” hissed the banshee-like wind, “no one at all!” The child stumbled a few steps then fell. Dry, bone-hard dust settled inside his mouth as he spluttered on the ground, nearly picked up and thrown down again by the vicious wind. Tears dribbled down the sticky mess of blood and soil caking his face. He fought to his feet, only to be pushed down to his knees again. “Please,” he called desperately. “Please. . .”
The child was weak and the dark was strong. The boy felt strength, his last, seeping from his limbs into the night. A darkness covered him, but it was a beautiful darkness, gentle though fierce, soft and all-enveloping. . . No, he thought fuzzily, say it. He shot bolt upright, heart pounding. Say it! It was forbidden knowledge, he had learnt, hanging round the edge of adult’s conversations. He couldn’t! It was breaking the Oath! The darkness sang to him to forget it, sleep. But. . . For his life! Yes! And he screamed its name into the wind, the Third of the Six Great Beings, and knew no more.

Then there was pain, and the pain sang to him everywhere, throbbing from his mouth, shaking his spindly frame. But it was a pretty pain somehow, and the black flames that surrounded him were cool and soothing to the touch. He knew with an awful certainty that his tongue had been ripped out by the force of the word he had cried, but strangely he didn’t care. Lying as he was in some sort of dreamworld, he had no need for a tongue. He had a new name too. Struggling through night and day had left him with no memory of his previous name, but his new name was Beltan. Beltan. He liked that name. And sometimes, when the pain grew too fierce, and his tongueless mouth shrieked at him, he would feel a calming peace in his mind, and the words Rest, Beltan. Little did he know who it was.
For 41 days and 41 nights he lay in the black-fire world, healing, resting, becoming whole again. Gradually he realized there was a presence near him, protecting him, guarding him, and mentally talked to it, the guardian as he called it. A roll of man laughter would boom in his head whenever he thought sentences at it, but the guardian talked back, and they soon were mutual friends. And time passed as time will, Beltan’s hair growing inky black and his eyes lightening to a piercing blue. He knew he must go soon, but was too happy and content to care. And then the Turner came.
His first warning was a flicker, a curl of the black flames, and then crackle! the flames disappeared. Beltan leant forward, and slowly his body tilted upright. What is it? he asked the guardian silently.
A Turner from the Fourth-- A dangerous creature. replied the guardian, his voice heavy with anger. Stay here! There was a snap, and then Beltan was locked still. The guardian vanished with a brisk splop, the air flooding into the space where he had been. I’m not staying here, thought Beltan grimly. Unleash! he snapped. Nothing happened. Unleash!! he cried furiously. The air around him seemed to quiver and then snapped back. Beltan put all his power, anger and rage into the word and roared UNLEASH!!!!! It was like breaking a dam in his mind. Thoughts, ideas and feelings rushed forward, throwing him out of the shell like a toy. Stop... he thought dimly. Monster... Guardian... Help... But the torrent of thoughts was too much for him. With a sigh, Beltan collapsed, lying limp and floppy like a broken rag doll.

Next I have a fight scene between the guardian and the Turner, who tries to get Beltan. The guardian attempts to save him, but is too late. . .
This is a kind of fantasy story I've written. The boy Beltan is dreaming everything that happened to him, the wakes up in an old stone hut in the mountains. .

Ethan froze at the sight of the myrmekes. There were a dozen of them. It didn’t seem like such a large number until you saw their huge sizes and steel-like shells. Five kids, even if one could somehow turn into a tiger, couldn’t defeat them all. Could they? Ethan’s mind raced, thinking of plans, running through them, discarding them. Then he thought of one that might work. He looked around quickly. The myrmekes hadn’t seen them, so maybe they had a chance to pull this off. Ethan’s eye settled on a long, straight, tapered limb on a nearby tree. “Hey, Camilla?” Camilla turned to look at him. “Can you get that branch down?” “Sure.” She replied. She transformed into a tiger and jumped at the tree, snapping the limb off. Then he got another meter-long stick from an oak tree not far away. He tied the rock to the end of the branch with some string lying on the ground. They were ready.

Ethan froze at the sight of the myrmekes. There were a dozen of them. It didn’t seem like such a large number until you saw their huge sizes and steel-like shells. Five kids, even if one could somehow turn into a tiger, couldn’t defeat them all. Could they? Ethan’s mind raced, thinking of plans, running through them, discarding them. Then he thought of one that might work. He looked around quickly. The myrmekes hadn’t seen them, so maybe they had a chance to pull this off. Ethan’s eye settled on a long, straight, tapered limb on a nearby tree. “Hey, Camilla?” Camilla turned to look at him. “Can you get that branch down?” “Sure.” She replied. She transformed into a tiger and jumped at the tree, snapping the limb off. Then he got another meter-long stick from an oak tree not far away. He tied the rock to the end of the branch with some string lying on the ground. They were ready.

XXXtransitionXXX

It seemed that as soon as he had gone over the plan with everyone, the myrmekes noticed the group of kids standing there. They quickly started to advance. the long stick was ready. It’s middle was on top of a large stone. The small end was on the ground, facing the myrmekes. The large end was in the air, held by Mel, Ula, and Trevor. Camilla stood beside it, in tiger form. Ethan stood close to the stick, holding the makeshift spear. The myrmekes hung back, puzzled by the strange arrangement. But one ran forward, straight onto the end of the stick, partway covered with leaves. Ula, Mel, and Trevor instantly pulled down end hard. The lever flipped the myrmeke into the air, and it landed on it’s back. Ethan rushed in, slamming the spear into the exposed stomach. Then the lever was engaged again, flipping the body away. Camilla’s job was to protect Ula, Mel, and Trevor while they operated the stick. More myrmekes came, but they were killed either by Ethan or Camilla. Then there was only one left. It rushed forwards. Seeming to be about to go onto the stick. The lever was engaged too early, and the ant’s mandibles snapped the rising stick in half. Then the myrmeke retreated back. No they had no lever. But one myrmeke was no problem. Camilla and Ethan rushed forward. Camilla swiped at the myrmekes’s mandibles, smashing them, while Ethan drove the spear into it’s brain. The battle was over.

Ula was hiding in the ferns of the park. She had heard two kids running. At first she thought nothing of it, but then she smelled the scent of a tiger. She had promptly melded in the ferns, waiting. Why had a tiger been in the park? Shouldn't they be in the zoo? Or the circus?

As Ula waited the pain from earlier seeped away. The pain had started a little while a go, and it was like a burning sensation. The ferns had snagged into her dark hair, but this didn't mind Ula. She always had something in her hair, though usually it was only two blue feathers. She wore the feathers as a symbol of her longing to live in the wild. She didn't want to be thought of as crazy, so she simply wore the feathers.

The kids she had heard finally came into view. A boy and a girl, both looking to be 18. Ula gasped. The boy was her crush. The crush she had every since she had seen him. She never really talked to him, and never learned his name. He was new though. She did know that.

Ula decided to move forward. She had seen something behind the girl and boy... A giant ant? Not just one, two! Ula began to stalk through bushes, like a wolf, around the kids. She needed to surprise the ants. Ula had spent time in the forest, and she knew to never rush out at an animal. Ula stepped on a branch. She cursed.

The girl turned, "I know you're there!" Behind her, the ants were about to charge! Ula didn't have time to think. She leapt from plants, landing in front of the bronze creatures. Something was wrong, though. She landed on all fours... Her hands felt different... Ula felt herself leaping onto one of the ants, slicing through its soft neck and reaching the brain. It died swiftly. She turned to be tackled by the other ant. It's pincers were above her neck, ready to kill. Ula felt normal again, whatever had happened, she was a normal, weak, human. The ant fell over, something else had attacked it. A huge white tiger had tackled it. It bent over the ant and bit down, killing the poor creature.

Ula felt exhausted. She didn't know what was,happening. Black appeared around the edges of her vision. "Calm down, calm down. You won't have a panic attack. Everything's fin-" Everything went black. She had fainted.

I'll do 105- 115

#3085 2013-05-05 23:58:17

madbunnygal
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

I think I got everything! YAYZ!~

Do I need to do the other pages?

#3086 2013-05-06 00:00:20

Waffle27
Scratcher

Bye thread  sad 
I'll miss this thread...<3

#3087 2013-05-06 00:01:34

madbunnygal
Scratcher

#3088 2013-05-06 00:02:30

Waffle27
Scratcher

madbunnygal wrote:

I dont think we did any writing on the other pages, so no. Thanks for offering though  smile

#3089 2013-05-06 00:03:23

madbunnygal
Scratcher

Goodbye thread! I'll miss you...  sad

<3 <3

#3090 2013-05-06 00:07:55

Waffle27
Scratcher

Rest in Peace old thread. You had a good run. We will open a new thread, but it won't replace you. Ever. :'(

Good bye thread!!
I'll miss you so much <3<3<3

#3091 2013-05-06 00:13:37

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

hopefully we'll get 200+ on the next thread  big_smile

#3092 2013-05-06 00:15:24

Waffle27
Scratcher

When is this site shutting down? *sniffle*

#3093 2013-05-06 00:44:23

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

midnight mayb?

#3094 2013-05-06 00:45:34

Waffle27
Scratcher

I just found out. 9 AM EDT

I'm going to be at school then  sad 

Curse you school for preventing me from seeing this thread one last time!

#3095 2013-05-06 00:51:57

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

not me. i'm homeschooled  big_smile

wait a minute. monday. i have violin lessons monday.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oh wait, i have violin at 10 : 15

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

very mixed emotions.

Last edited by destructo-serpent (2013-05-06 00:52:14)

#3096 2013-05-06 01:02:43

madbunnygal
Scratcher

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

#3097 2013-05-06 01:02:56

Waffle27
Scratcher

Homeschooled, you lucky goose! I wish I was homeschooled, I very much dislike public school.

Cool, I play violin too, in orchestra. I have it around 10:15 as well  tongue

#3098 2013-05-06 01:32:27

madbunnygal
Scratcher

I play cello piano and flute!

#3099 2013-05-06 01:43:55

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

it took me half a year to get 1000+ posts! D:

#3100 2013-05-06 01:52:57

Waffle27
Scratcher

Lol, it took me like a year. Really I wasnt active till Febuary though, so about 2 months  wink

Board footer