This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-03-16 17:58:19

databrain
New Scratcher

Page redirect (site issue)

Hello Scratchers,

So I went to go and check the forums, and
WHABAM, the page changed to the home page, as if scratch didn't want me on the forums.

So, here is a minor site issue I found:

when you go from the "my stuff" page to the "forums" page by clicking the "forums" button, it will redirect you to the "home" page about a second after you go to the "forums" page.

ALSO, another site issue, which just added right after I clicked the "Preview" button for this post:

When you click "Preview", it ALSO redirects to the "home" page.

So, here are two site bugs I found.

#2 2013-03-16 20:44:47

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Re: Page redirect (site issue)

databrain wrote:

Hello Scratchers,

So I went to go and check the forums, and
WHABAM, the page changed to the home page, as if scratch didn't want me on the forums.

So, here is a minor site issue I found:

when you go from the "my stuff" page to the "forums" page by clicking the "forums" button, it will redirect you to the "home" page about a second after you go to the "forums" page.

ALSO, another site issue, which just added right after I clicked the "Preview" button for this post:

When you click "Preview", it ALSO redirects to the "home" page.

So, here are two site bugs I found.

Hmmm... that is strange. Those two links have always worked for me, and I can even testify to the preview button because I just used it. Out of curiosity, what browserare you using?

Edit: It seems like the website got a little update recently (or maybe not so recently) to fix some issues because previous issue links work, though there's a new one. (Support > My Stuff) Still, you links work fine for me.  hmm

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-16 20:46:37)

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#3 2013-03-16 20:48:24

Hyperbola
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

though there's a new one. (Support > My Stuff)

Support > My stuff has been here for a while. About > My stuff is similar. Both work if one is logged in or not - They both lead to the home page.

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

#4 2013-03-17 13:44:43

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Hyperbola wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Support > My stuff has been here for a while. About > My stuff is similar. Both work if one is logged in or not - They both lead to the home page.

Well thanks for telling me! Now I know that this new (for me) bug isn't so new any more.

With regards,

ErnieParke

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#5 2013-03-17 15:06:25

Hyperbola
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Hyperbola wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Well thanks for telling me! Now I know that this new (for me) bug isn't so new any more.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Actually, now that I look even carefully, any page in info.scratch.mit.edu has a My stuff which links to the main page.

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

Board footer