This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#201 2013-03-17 15:39:06

Waffle27
Scratcher

Re: Warriors Collab

Will the game have some sort of intro or will it just begin at the Hunting Assessment?

(This is this topics 200th post! Before we have even actually started the game, including Stroryline its about 300 posts Whoo-hoo!)

Last edited by Waffle27 (2013-03-17 15:40:41)

#202 2013-03-17 15:42:44

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Yep. Just checked, I can import into 2.0. ^^

For an intro, we will probably need a menu screen. It could have Settings, Play, and Credits.

In settings they could do settings stuff  tongue

In Credit it would list who did story lines, graphics, programming, etc. and credit to Erin Hunter for the Creation of the Warrior Series.

In play, if you haven't created a cat before, it takes you to cat creation?

If you have played before, it could check some variables to see which "save point" you last completed and takes you there.

#203 2013-03-17 15:44:44

Waffle27
Scratcher

Okay Good Idea! In settings it could also have the Mic. On/Off thing.
And maybe it would have a how to play type thing?
a)Have the "How to Play" section all by itself
b)When you press Play there could be three options: Create, Continue, and How to Play
Another Idea that may be hard, may not be idk, dont have much experience with programming but what if it default saved after you completed a mission?

Last edited by Waffle27 (2013-03-17 15:45:56)

#204 2013-03-17 15:50:05

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

we also need an "allegiances" button, to view the clans  smile

Waffle27 wrote:

Okay Good Idea! In settings it could also have the Mic. On/Off thing.
And maybe it would have a how to play type thing?
a)Have the "How to Play" section all by itself
b)When you press Play there could be three options: Create, Continue, and How to Play
Another Idea that may be hard, may not be idk, dont have much experience with programming but what if it default saved after you completed a mission?

that shouldn't be too hard, but we need to wait for cloud lists for that i think.

Last edited by destructo-serpent (2013-03-17 15:51:02)

#205 2013-03-17 15:51:46

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Okay Good Idea! In settings it could also have the Mic. On/Off thing. And maybe it would have a how to play type thing?

I know how to program that, if Destructo doesn't.

We would have a "Saved" variable. For each "section" of a mission, the mission would contuine through a broadcast system.

Let me place it Scratch blocks. (when gf clicked would be changed)

when I receive [huntingassements]
set variable [Saved] to [1]
-
script for huntingassements
-
To load something, it would do this:
when gf clicked
if [Saved] = [1]
broadcast [huntingassement]
if [Saved] = ...
You get the point. after a mission objective is completed it broadcasts for the next one.

Sorry if Scratch blocks doesn't work. I dont get it. xD

#206 2013-03-17 15:53:56

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

ShadowOfArt wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

Okay Good Idea! In settings it could also have the Mic. On/Off thing. And maybe it would have a how to play type thing?

We would have a "Saved" variable. For each "section" of a mission, the mission would contuine through a broadcast system.

-
-
when gf clicked
if [Saved] = [1]
if [Saved] = ...
You get the point. after a mission objective is completed it broadcasts for the next one.

i don't think that would work. what we need are cloud lists. then we can have username/savepoint, and the game could check if your name is in the list, and if so, it checks where you are.  smile  but we don't know how llong it will take for cloud lists to be released. hopefully soon.

#207 2013-03-17 15:54:19

She_Is_Of_Dream
New Scratcher

So we dont need a Cloud. I have done stuff like this before, as long as someone doesn't reset the variables they can access "saves" whenever.

#208 2013-03-17 15:55:18

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

She_Is_Of_Dream wrote:

So we dont need a Cloud. I have done stuff like this before, as long as someone doesn't reset the variables they can access "saves" whenever.

so if you make a save, close thie window, re-open it, and play again, it will be the same?

#209 2013-03-17 15:56:07

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

destructo-serpent wrote:

ShadowOfArt wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

-
-
when gf clicked
if [Saved] = [1]
if [Saved] = ...

i don't think that would work. what we need are cloud lists. then we can have username/savepoint, and the game could check if your name is in the list, and if so, it checks where you are.  smile  but we don't know how llong it will take for cloud lists to be released. hopefully soon.

Ohhhh, I see what you mean.

Using user-id cloud list and "save numbers" would mean they could access there save from whoever in the world they are, if they are logged in.

#210 2013-03-17 15:57:26

She_Is_Of_Dream
New Scratcher

destructo-serpent wrote:

She_Is_Of_Dream wrote:

so if you make a save, close thie window, re-open it, and play again, it will be the same?

Your idea is actually better, xD I just understood it. We also keep replying at the same time. xD

#211 2013-03-17 15:57:32

destructo-serp-test
New Scratcher

ShadowOfArt wrote:

destructo-serpent wrote:

ShadowOfArt wrote:

-
-
when gf clicked
if [Saved] = [1]
if [Saved] = ...

Ohhhh, I see what you mean.

Using user-id cloud list and "save numbers" would mean they could access there save from whoever in the world they are, if they are logged in.

precisely

#212 2013-03-17 15:58:03

Waffle27
Scratcher

Ok. Sorry, it says i've been a scratcher for like a year but really that was for a basic class a year ago, and I really just got active in like January or something, so I'm still learning the complicated stuff XD
So the Main menu so far is
Play Create, Continue (How to Play?)
SettingsMic
Allegiances
Credits
Would How to Play have a section all to itself or be part of Play?

#213 2013-03-17 16:00:21

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Ok. Sorry, it says i've been a scratcher for like a year but really that was for a basic class a year ago, and I really just got active in like January or something, so I'm still learning the complicated stuff XD
SettingsMic
Allegiances
Credits

how about instead of how to play, the assesments and training are tutorials?
and you can skip the training, but not the assesment?

#214 2013-03-17 16:02:38

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

SettingsMic
Allegiances
Credits

Maybe it could be its own section? When I look for a how to play I look at the menu first, but that might just be me.

Speaking of how to play, what keys are going to be needed?

Also, will this game before from the eyes of your cat? Or from a 3D person view? Like how Minecraft is first person (Unless you change something in settings) and how Assassin's Creed is 3rd person. (How am I female yet know so much about both of those games? xD)

#215 2013-03-17 16:06:18

Waffle27
Scratcher

ShadowOfArt wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

SettingsMic
Allegiances
Credits

Maybe it could be its own section? When I look for a how to play I look at the menu first, but that might just be me.

Also, will this game before from the eyes of your cat? Or from a 3D person view? Like how Minecraft is first person (Unless you change something in settings) and how Assassin's Creed is 3rd person. (How am I female yet know so much about both of those games? xD)

I have brothers, so I know about Minecraft, but never played Assassin's Creed. Obviously Left and Right would be moving forward/backward, and maybe down could be crouch. Would up arrow be jump or climb?

#216 2013-03-17 16:12:06

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

ShadowOfArt wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

SettingsMic
Allegiances
Credits

probably like the demo, from the side in anims, sky in main playing, and first person in minigames.

#217 2013-03-17 16:41:24

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Ok, I like that idea. ^^

Also, you guys at least know this guy from Creed, right?
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/e/e3/ACBH_Robes.jpg

I fangirl over him^ which is probably really weird for you guys to learn. xD

Also, I am having trouble making the maps. I am OCD AND ADHD somehow, which means doing something a second time on a bigger scale is  like stabbing me with a knife in the brain, apparently.

ADHD makes me want to not do it a second time.
OCD makes me want to do it and make it perfect.
This makes me redo everything 50 times and tortures myself. D:

Is there a chance MadBunny could do the maps? I could start making sprites instead, as a compromise perhaps?

#218 2013-03-17 16:49:17

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Speaking of sprites, in game should it be pixel art, like Minecraft sorta of thing, or more like World of Warcraft/EVE: Online/Assassin's Creed, or something like DragonFable? DragonFable may be the most attractive option for Scratchers, and wouldn't take up as much file space as a more realistic type graphics like WoW or EVE. Pixels would take the least amount of room, but they would also take a long time to make.

#219 2013-03-17 16:59:12

madbunnygal
Scratcher

so basically, this is a sky view game

http://i40.tinypic.com/30c50yb.png

#220 2013-03-17 17:00:22

Waffle27
Scratcher

destructo-serpent wrote:

probably like the demo, from the side in anims, sky in main playing, and first person in minigames.

Its a bit of everything is what it sounds like to me.

#221 2013-03-17 17:03:58

She_Is_Of_Dream
New Scratcher

So the view is decided, now:

ShadowOfArt wrote:

Ok, I like that idea. ^^

Also, I am having trouble making the maps. I am OCD AND ADHD somehow, which means doing something a second time on a bigger scale is  like stabbing me with a knife in the brain, apparently.

Is there a chance MadBunny could do the maps? I could start making sprites instead, as a compromise perhaps?

Speaking of sprites, in game should it be pixel art, like Minecraft sorta of thing, or more like World of Warcraft/EVE: Online/Assassin's Creed, or something like DragonFable? DragonFable may be the most attractive option for Scratchers, and wouldn't take up as much file space as a more realistic type graphics like WoW or EVE. Pixels would take the least amount of room, but they would also take a long time to make.

#222 2013-03-17 17:12:07

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

She_Is_Of_Dream wrote:

So the view is decided, now:

ShadowOfArt wrote:

Ok, I like that idea. ^^

pixels no, and i haven't seen any of those game  yikes  but we should make it maybe as realistic as possible, or anime style. half of a game is the graphics.

Last edited by destructo-serpent (2013-03-17 17:15:24)

#223 2013-03-17 17:15:05

madbunnygal
Scratcher

yay!! I love anime style!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/30c50yb.png

#224 2013-03-17 17:18:56

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

So should we do Anime with DF sort of shading?
Dragon Fable Style: http://team.battleon.com/artix/images/dragonfable-screenshot7.jpg

#225 2013-03-17 17:57:22

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

ShadowOfArt wrote:

So should we do Anime with DF sort of shading?
Dragon Fable Style: http://team.battleon.com/artix/images/dragonfable-screenshot7.jpg

i think we should do it like dragonfable. that looks cool.

Board footer