This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#151 2013-04-12 11:36:23

Nomolos
Scratcher

Re: Write to DEATH - A challenging competition for avid writers

Waffle27 wrote:

ONLY about 3000 words. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow you write fast. I only have 2180 words to be exact. The ending is going to be random, unexpected, and sad all at the same time. I'm going to cry when I write it probably.
Two hours a day!!!!! I've spent like, four hours altogether, lol, I haven't edited it yet.

Random is my middle name. Unexpected is my second middle name. Sad is my last name.

Nomolos Scratch Write Random Unexpected Sad

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#152 2013-04-12 16:57:27

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Well Picasso had something like 20 something names....
And I've hardly spent an hour on it. I'm afraid the word target has popped up my * to get it's car keys before driving off to hell.

smile  I love continued metaphors combined with personification. Blackadder does it very well.  wink 
I can lengthen it a bit though. I should probably also finish it at some point.  hmm .
I enjoy it really  smile   big_smile 
anyway. 
Yeah.
I'll go finish it.
Yeah.
Now sometime.
Maybe.
Yeah.
Now.
Really.
Oh whatever. I'll shut up now. And finish that story.  smile

#153 2013-04-12 17:45:14

Programmer_112
Scratcher

OK, so do we post stories?

http://i49.tinypic.com/rk60py.png

#154 2013-04-13 16:54:55

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Could be could be not. Couldn't say for sure.
Could this post be the most useless post ever? Could be, could be not.

Couldn't say for sure.  smile

#155 2013-04-14 01:41:49

Waffle27
Scratcher

I am losing inspiration.  sad  I dont think I'll be able to get it done in ten days, but I'll type all of tomorow that I can. There are two differrent plots and I dont know how I will tie them together...
Ahah! While I was typing this I thought of something! Now I just need the  escape scene, the memory adventure, the memory battle, the final battle, the (insert spoiler) and then the (spoiler) and I'm done! Whoohoo! It should actually only take up to 1000 words, which would make my story about 3000 words. Okay, I got this.  smile  I'm going to write now.

#156 2013-04-14 07:41:16

mintfang
Scratcher

Oh mah gawd... random moment! Hitler comes back in time with his pet bigfoot, Stewart, and a ton of missiles! The time traveling thing lands right in front of Indian Harry and he freaks out! Hitler kidknapps him and then goes off to blow up the Native Americans, but Harry gets free and somehow stops him!

http://i33.tinypic.com/25p1rw6.png

#157 2013-04-14 09:53:07

Nomolos
Scratcher

mintfang wrote:

Oh mah gawd... random moment! Hitler comes back in time with his pet bigfoot, Stewart, and a ton of missiles! The time traveling thing lands right in front of Indian Harry and he freaks out! Hitler kidknapps him and then goes off to blow up the Native Americans, but Harry gets free and somehow stops him!

yikes  INTENSE!

And yes, now's the time to post stories. I would suggest posting them in a google drive document and giving me the link, allowing anyone with the link to view, or you can post in the forums, which would be easier for you, but slightly harder for me.

Alright Waffle! WRITE! WRITE! WRITE!

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.

#158 2013-04-14 09:56:26

mintfang
Scratcher

Before
Snarling Wolf. That’s my name. And this is my story. Now, before you go on, you need to know something about me. I’m what you people call a Native American, but I don’t have a tribe. When I need something I steal, or hunt. I have no friends and family. No one cares about me, do they, though? Just read my story, and make sure you never do this.

I remember the experiment. They plucked me off the streets of New York to participate in some time-traveling thing. Well, guess what? It worked. And now I’m stuck in stupid medieval America, with stupid Native Americans, with just one knife to feed myself. Good thing I’ve never needed too much to feed myself, and I’m good at stealing. I did it all the time in New York, but that doesn’t matter. All that matters is that I’m stuck in this stupid place. But here is my chance to get out...
----------
Yep. My Before. I'm going to turn this into a really short book. Like, 6 chapters. Hopefully!

#159 2013-04-14 10:00:17

Nomolos
Scratcher

mintfang wrote:

Before
Snarling Wolf. That’s my name. And this is my story. Now, before you go on, you need to know something about me. I’m what you people call a Native American, but I don’t have a tribe. When I need something I steal, or hunt. I have no friends and family. No one cares about me, do they, though? Just read my story, and make sure you never do this.

I remember the experiment. They plucked me off the streets of New York to participate in some time-traveling thing. Well, guess what? It worked. And now I’m stuck in stupid medieval America, with stupid Native Americans, with just one knife to feed myself. Good thing I’ve never needed too much to feed myself, and I’m good at stealing. I did it all the time in New York, but that doesn’t matter. All that matters is that I’m stuck in this stupid place. But here is my chance to get out...
----------
Yep. My Before. I'm going to turn this into a really short book. Like, 6 chapters. Hopefully!

Oooh, epic! And then HItler somehow stumbles on the experiment even though it's not in his time period? I'm sure you'll make a plan.  big_smile

#160 2013-04-14 11:11:16

mintfang
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

mintfang wrote:

Before

----------

Oooh, epic! And then HItler somehow stumbles on the experiment even though it's not in his time period? I'm sure you'll make a plan. :D

Maybe it WAS in his time period... >:)

Last edited by mintfang (2013-04-14 11:11:34)

#161 2013-04-14 13:37:18

Programmer_112
Scratcher

This is my book.  I think I got the link right.

#162 2013-04-14 17:19:00

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Very cool. I like that. Quirky and clever, pulls you in a lot and is very entertaining. But I'm not a judge, so I'll shut up.  smile

#163 2013-04-14 17:20:33

pinnipediator
Scratcher

And you got the link right.

#164 2013-04-14 17:45:13

Waffle27
Scratcher

When I'm done can I just put it on here?

#165 2013-04-14 17:54:56

Nomolos
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Sure!

And pinn, you can say whatever you'd like, but it doesn't count for points.  smile

Wow Programmer! Really good job! Can't wait for more, but it can have a bit more description and explanation in the beginning.

#166 2013-04-14 18:22:54

Waffle27
Scratcher

Okay, thanks I will post here when Im done.  smile

#167 2013-04-14 19:09:22

Programmer_112
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

Sure!

And pinn, you can say whatever you'd like, but it doesn't count for points.  smile

Wow Programmer! Really good job! Can't wait for more, but it can have a bit more description and explanation in the beginning.

Thanks!  Sorry, I'm not very good at describing stuff because I honestly normally have no idea what's going to happen next anyway.  Thanks for the advice.

#168 2013-04-14 19:45:03

Nomolos
Scratcher

Programmer_112 wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

Sure!

Thanks!  Sorry, I'm not very good at describing stuff because I honestly normally have no idea what's going to happen next anyway.  Thanks for the advice.

The story is turning out great so far, and I'll give you a tip.

At your rate, your story will end up at about 4000-5000 words, but it seems you are preparing for a longer story. There are many secrets that you've made, and already there are some mysteries, and it would take a longer book to solve them all. I would suggest deleting some questions that come up at the beginning, so you don't have so many loose ends to tie up.  smile

#169 2013-04-15 16:24:13

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I hate loose ends.
Okay I have a dillema.
If the plot requires twelve characters in a sort of conversation, do you use most of them and leave the others out, or do you use all of them, meaning that the reader doesn't get to know any of them, even he most important ones as well?

#170 2013-04-15 17:54:20

Nomolos
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

I hate loose ends.
Okay I have a dillema.
If the plot requires twelve characters in a sort of conversation, do you use most of them and leave the others out, or do you use all of them, meaning that the reader doesn't get to know any of them, even he most important ones as well?

The plot doesn't have to include twelve characters talking, where did I say that?

#171 2013-04-15 17:54:23

Waffle27
Scratcher

@Pinnipediator-I would do it where you use a few of them, but switch back to some of the others facial expressions or body language so you get thier personality and thoughts a bit. But thats just me.

@Nomolos-Do you need an account for Google drive and if not how do I do it?

#172 2013-04-15 17:55:27

Waffle27
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

I hate loose ends.
Okay I have a dillema.

The plot doesn't have to include twelve characters talking, where did I say that?

I think he means that his plot includes 12 people talking.

#173 2013-04-15 17:58:49

Nomolos
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

@Pinnipediator-I would do it where you use a few of them, but switch back to some of the others facial expressions or body language so you get thier personality and thoughts a bit. But thats just me.

You need an email account to create a document in Drive, but you can just post your story on here.  smile

^^Oh, ok. I would probably switch perspectives between the most important characters, but stay in 3rd person. Even if all twelve are important to the story, it'd be super hard to switch between all twelve in one chapter.

#174 2013-04-15 21:26:10

mintfang
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

I'm not Nomo but you could just get OpenOffice. It's free and offline. I'm using it for the four-six books I'm writing right now XD

#175 2013-04-15 22:43:13

Programmer_112
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

I hate loose ends.

I used to hate loose ends.  Then I read a book that left the ending open, with a great reason to love loose ends.  It was very touching.   wink

Board footer