This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-03-03 13:09:10

humhumgames
Scratcher

Phoenix Productions 2: Igniting Inspiration!

http://i48.tinypic.com/344e789.png

Credit to Zangooser for these AWESOME banners! Bravo!

Phoenix Productions is a company that creates high-quality projects, mostly in graphics, and a bit in programming. Our goal is to inspire others in the Scratch to make better and more projects. The types of projects we will make will be mostly animation and graphics-based, but we will still need programmers and sound!  smile

http://i47.tinypic.com/28ry80.png

Why would you like to join?
How active are you (--/10)?
What role(s) do you want (No lead roles)?
How good do you consider yourself at that role (--/10) ?
Example of a good project showing skills in wanted role:
Example of best project:
A little about yourself *This is optional* (You can show off, or type whatever you want here):

You can also be a part-time member if you aren't that active but still want to help out.

----

Assignments:
Feather-Tip Studios:
- Vote on what we should make
-
-
-

The Flames:
-
-

Bird Song Studios:
-
-

----

Recent News:

3/3/12- Phoenix Productions 2, a graphics-based collab, is created!
7/24/12 to 8/5/12- Phoenix Productions thrives, but then closes
7/23/12 - Phoenix Productions is Created!

----

http://i49.tinypic.com/nbdf9i.png

Head: HumHumGames

Admins:
- Pinnipediator
- berberberber
-

Head Assistants:
-
-

http://i48.tinypic.com/214zadk.gif

Feather-Tip Studios (Graphics)

Head:

Members:
- HumHumGames (Head)
- Pinnipediator (Admin)
- berberberber (Admin)
-
-
-

http://i47.tinypic.com/29dfjht.gif

The Flames (Programmers)

Head:

Members:
- berberberber (Admin)
- DJ-stickman
- StarscreamClone
-
-
-
-

http://i48.tinypic.com/9sgwe9.gif

Bird Song Studios(Sound and Music)

Head:

Members:
- HumHumGames (Head)
- Pinnipediator (Admin)
DJ-stickman
-
-
-

Advertise Us! Copy and paste this code in your signature:

Code:

[url=http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1327952#p1327952][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/344e789.png[/img][/url]

Produces:

http://i48.tinypic.com/344e789.png

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Thank you for visiting Phoenix Productions 2!
Ah, memories...

Last edited by humhumgames (2013-03-24 19:52:26)

#2 2013-03-03 13:10:11

humhumgames
Scratcher

Re: Phoenix Productions 2: Igniting Inspiration!

Current Voting:

What our next project should be:

- An AMV Votes: 1
- A short-story animated series Votes: 2
- An elaborate coloring contest Votes: 0

That is the current thing we are voting for. Post your vote in this thread.

Feel free to suggest more options!

Last edited by humhumgames (2013-03-05 18:01:27)

#3 2013-03-03 17:23:43

ErnieParke
Scratcher

humhumgames wrote:

Current Voting:

What our next project should be:

- Phoenix-based AMV Votes: 0
- A short-story animated series Votes: 0
- An elaborate coloring contest Votes: 0

That is the current thing we are voting for. Post your vote in this thread.

Feel free to suggest more options!

Just curious, are non-members allowed to vote?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 17:24:01)

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#4 2013-03-03 17:33:56

humhumgames
Scratcher

Sure, why not?  wink

#5 2013-03-04 21:45:52

humhumgames
Scratcher

(Bump. Me and Pinnipediator can't be the only members! .3.)

#6 2013-03-05 11:28:17

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I hadn't noticed that you'd made the topic. Animated series, sketch show similar to asdf just less pointlessly random, more monty python style animation featuring lots of rainbow ponies. Definitely. Completely. All over. If you don't know what monty python is, you have the Internet.

#7 2013-03-05 11:30:19

pinnipediator
Scratcher

An amv is a music video right? That'd also be cool. That's my second choice if there is such thing. If there isn't then at least errrrr something.  smile

#8 2013-03-05 11:33:45

pinnipediator
Scratcher

And I'm in sound too. ( looking at the front post). If you have an ios device, get patternmusic from the app store. It is free, for all versions ( I know, I have ios 3.1.3). It is the best app out there for composing out there but it does take a bit of advanced music theory.

#9 2013-03-05 11:37:59

pinnipediator
Scratcher

And someone might want to update the website. Wow, I just made 4 posts in a row. I kept thinking of things after I'd posted and I couldn't be bothered to edit.
  hmm   smile

#10 2013-03-05 17:46:39

humhumgames
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

I hadn't noticed that you'd made the topic. Animated series, sketch show similar to asdf just less pointlessly random, more monty python style animation featuring lots of rainbow ponies. Definitely. Completely. All over. If you don't know what monty python is, you have the Internet.

I'll add your vote to animation.  smile  We'll narrow down as to what it will be later in the process. My vote is the AMV but my second one will be animation.  tongue  I've just always wanted to do an AMV.

#11 2013-03-05 17:50:09

humhumgames
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

And I'm in sound too. ( looking at the front post). If you have an ios device, get patternmusic from the app store. It is free, for all versions ( I know, I have ios 3.1.3). It is the best app out there for composing out there but it does take a bit of advanced music theory.

I'm mostly great at searching for themed music, but I have played the piano for a while and the flute a bit, so I know the basics and advanced stuff about music. I might actually get that app just to play with it.  tongue

#12 2013-03-05 17:53:15

ErnieParke
Scratcher

humhumgames wrote:

Sure, why not?  wink

Okay! Well I've just decided what to vote for, so I choose an animated series.

With regards,

ErnieParke

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#13 2013-03-05 18:00:29

humhumgames
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

And someone might want to update the website. Wow, I just made 4 posts in a row. I kept thinking of things after I'd posted and I couldn't be bothered to edit.
  hmm   smile

Yeah, I think Chongyian made it, but idk if he's still active. Once we rally up more members, I'm sure we'll be able to get a new and improved website up.

Okay, so now I'll refresh the admin duties.

Admins are like the co-leaders. They can reject/accept applications, but I can still have a say in the decision (most apps will be accepted, we don't go hard on them). You have the ability to assign jobs to the heads of the studios, then the heads will distribute the jobs evenly. You have the power to kick people out, but I don't think we'll ever do that. Anyways, there must be more things tied to being an admin, but my mind is pretty blank now.

Is it okay if I ask you to add a link to Phoenix to your signature? You don't have to, but we are a bit short on members...

EDIT: Okay, Ernie, I'll add your vote.  big_smile

Last edited by humhumgames (2013-03-05 18:01:08)

#14 2013-03-07 21:49:28

humhumgames
Scratcher

(Bump.)

#15 2013-03-08 11:30:18

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I have been preparing ideas for an animated series. If that's what we end up doing

#16 2013-03-09 22:31:40

humhumgames
Scratcher

Maybe we could just start the series, and if anyone wants to join they still can. So for now, the collab could just be you and me until some other people join, if that's okay with you ^.^

#17 2013-03-09 22:37:00

berberberber
Scratcher

So, this is back up?  Well, can I join without the app becasue I was in the original until it died?

http://i47.tinypic.com/2iaa73k.png

#18 2013-03-10 10:53:49

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I wouldve thought so. We know you're awesome, cool, and good at what you do, so until further notice, welcome in!

#19 2013-03-10 11:06:02

pinnipediator
Scratcher

We can add an amv in as part of the show. Shall we make a thirty second sketch each, maybe two or three if we can, and those who can't face up to the huge idea of making a Sketch by themselves makes just the voice, or maybe graphics etc.
Before anyone starts on anything, tell everyone else what sort of sketch you're doing and what it's about. Maximum ten sprites per sketch for when we compile them? Each sketch should not use the background, and just cover it by sending a background sprite to the front? So we don't get confused with what's got to be hidden when and why it isn't hidden when I just told it to oh wait there's an essential show+go to front block in the forever loop.....wince argh nonsense. 
Scratch 1.4 until 2.0 becomes available offline. 
2.0 is really weirdly laid out. 
Anything else I can think of to mention apart from making this post make sense? Good, no. I've forgotten something essential I know but that's on purpose.

*pant* *pant*

smile

#20 2013-03-10 13:39:51

humhumgames
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

We can add an amv in as part of the show. Shall we make a thirty second sketch each, maybe two or three if we can, and those who can't face up to the huge idea of making a Sketch by themselves makes just the voice, or maybe graphics etc.
Before anyone starts on anything, tell everyone else what sort of sketch you're doing and what it's about. Maximum ten sprites per sketch for when we compile them? Each sketch should not use the background, and just cover it by sending a background sprite to the front? So we don't get confused with what's got to be hidden when and why it isn't hidden when I just told it to oh wait there's an essential show+go to front block in the forever loop.....wince argh nonsense. 
Scratch 1.4 until 2.0 becomes available offline. 
2.0 is really weirdly laid out. 
Anything else I can think of to mention apart from making this post make sense? Good, no. I've forgotten something essential I know but that's on purpose.

*pant* *pant*

smile

Whoa... O.O I think I understood it, though.

Okay, but I'm not very great at ideas.  tongue  I can do semi-great animations, though (I think!)! If not, I can do backgrounds later in the process.

Welcome back, berberberber.  smile

#21 2013-03-10 14:00:19

berberberber
Scratcher

SOOOoooo, what are we doing?  I really liked that wing thing, if you guys dropped it, can I use the design?

Also, I had an awesome idea about an RPG where a king gets defeated by an evil knight (cliche, I know) and has to battle his way through a bunch of continents to defeat the evil knight.  (I already have an idea of the battle scheme if we use this.)

#22 2013-03-10 20:17:31

humhumgames
Scratcher

berberberber wrote:

SOOOoooo, what are we doing?  I really liked that wing thing, if you guys dropped it, can I use the design?

Also, I had an awesome idea about an RPG where a king gets defeated by an evil knight (cliche, I know) and has to battle his way through a bunch of continents to defeat the evil knight.  (I already have an idea of the battle scheme if we use this.)

Sure, you can. We're not doing the Tiny Wings game anymore, so it's all yours.

That sounds cool! Very. But the details aren't that clear. Can you explain it a bit more?

#23 2013-03-10 20:54:56

berberberber
Scratcher

So, here's the backstory.  A great king was the ruler of a noble kigndom, until he got overthrown by an evil dark knight.  He was cast into a an abandoned mine, where he found a charred old wand and a magic scroll.  He uses this magic wand to attack enemies, finding better wands and different scrolls, as well as allies.  He eventually finds his scepter in his abandoned kingdom, and uses it to figh the dark knight.

There are 6 "elements", (water, ice, fire, electircity, physical, and poison), as well as stuff like slowness and such, and certain enemies will be weaker or stronger to some elements.  If your inventory is full of all one element, than you can do an all-out attack. (more on that later.)

The attack scheme consists of an inventory, and you can attack by clicking on the inventory slot with the spell, or by pressing the hotkey.  (1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5, etc)

The all out attack is basically like a very strong attack, of it's element, that will keep the player from attacking for the next 3 turns.  Poison doesn't have an all out attack.

You move around on the screen, and the attack will go where you're facing.  There are 8 different shapes.  (Point, Beam, Forward Beam, Limited Forward Beam, Circle, Cone, All, and Random.)

Point is an attack directly in front of you, and most physical attacks use point.

Beam is an attack that will hit all enemies in the same y-axis as you.  Some water attacks use this, and most of electricity electricity attacks use this.

Forward beam is like a beam, but only goes out in front of you.  Most water attacks use this, some ice attacks use this, and a few fire attacks use this.

Forward Limited Beam is where the beam only goes a limited distance away from you.  Most ice and fire attacks use this. 

Circle is where attack targets a circle around the player.  Some water attacks use this, as well as some ice. 

Cone is where the a cone in front of the player is targeted, like a sword sweep or something.  Some physical attacks and fire attacks use this.

All, weeeellll, attacks all.  (Suprising, isn't it?)  Some posion attacks use this, as well as all all-out attacks.

Random gives each enemy a chance to be hit.  Poison and fire use this shape.

I think thats it...

EDIT:  It'd be cool if the evil knight was the king's brother, and attacked the king because of how unfairly he was treated when he was the king's brother.

Last edited by berberberber (2013-03-10 21:00:41)

#24 2013-03-10 23:15:52

humhumgames
Scratcher

So cool! I can see the game forming now. The twist brother thing should only be revealed at the end, when you almost won or something (Just my opinion). The battle style seems cool. Pinnipediator, what do you think?

#25 2013-03-11 16:55:32

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Is this a something from the old Phoenix or the new one?
I was thinking comedy sketch show myself. Cool idea. You could make good use of it's clichés in a funny sketch!

Board footer