This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-02-21 07:28:54

lmMoreBoredThanYou
New Scratcher

Trace costume from another?

(I THINK I HAVE ALREADY POSTED THIS TOPIC, BUT I CAN'T FIND IT.)

I've been trying to find out how to temporarily add transparent costumes into the paint editor so I can trace my drawings so I can easily create my costumes. It's WAY too hard for me to create the next costume without knowing what the next costume should look like. Anyways, maybe there could be an option to add a transparent costume that has already been made and place it somewhere that can help you trace around it or make it easier to know where the placements of the paint should go. This could be useful for making walking animations faster and making it look less like an old animated cartoon and more like the modern cartoon shows. Keep the same face or other stuff of the last costume and just change the other bits, sounds helpful, doesn't it?

#2 2013-02-21 14:43:05

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

Re: Trace costume from another?

Why don't you just copy costumes and slightly change them?

#3 2013-02-22 14:03:59

lmMoreBoredThanYou
New Scratcher

shadowmouse wrote:

Why don't you just copy costumes and slightly change them?

because it's too hard and I want to know how much and what I should change. I could be making a guy walking with almost everything changed and I don't want the character to look like to have a leg moving faster than the other, have a "frame" skipped by accident, or have a leg that looks out of shape. (Yes, I know it doesn't have to be precise, but it will look better than my hand-drawn animations.)

#4 2013-02-22 14:07:23

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

Oh, I see what you mean. It's just that I'm not very good at drawing and so I draw very pixelated and change one or two pixels at a  time. But I think that this would be very useful if you're changing a lot between costumes. Support

Board footer