This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-02-18 15:38:46

EdgeGamer
Scratcher

Pixel Conquest - Please Give Ideas!

This is a game that I will make, please give suggestions and feedback.

You are a warlord, ruler of your own kingdom. You can customize this kingdom and name it. Your mission is to conquer all of the other kingdoms, in order to unite the world under your control. But these other kingdoms want to do the same (but perhaps for different reasons) so don't think you'll be the only kingdom attacking people! As you conquer kingdoms, you will get some of the kingdoms warriors on your side, and you will be able to take advantage of these kingdoms' supplies and benefits. Can you conquer them all?

The game is based in the time of Japan when samurai fought over control, roughly around the 15th century.

When going to conquer a kingdom, you will be able to take six warriors with you, including yourself. Then, both teams will battle in turn based strategy. You get to move yours first, then they move theirs. Warriors adjacent to others (or further in some cases), can attack other enemies.

Each kingdom has an element. Your kingdom is of the Normal element. The elements work as follows:

FIRE beats WIND which beats LIGHTNING which beats WATER which beats EARTH which beats FIRE (There is one last element - NORMAL - which has no strenghthes or weaknesses)

Warriors also have elements. If a certain warrior's element is strong or weak against the element of the warrior they are fighting, the warrior will either become temporairily stronger or weaker depending on the elements themselves. Warriors get advantages if they are in a kingdom of the same element as themselves.

Warriors can buy different weapons. Keep this between us, but their will also be a TOP SECRET game mechanic. I'll tell you because you can be bothered to read this. Each warrior has a type of weapon that they are best with. This gives them a significant boost in power when using it. If a warrior equips such an item, they will say something like 'This weapon, it seems to be just perfect for me!'

So, what do you think? Please give feedback and suggestions

Last edited by EdgeGamer (2013-02-20 10:27:30)

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=EdgeGamer&action=onlineStatus&onlinehttp://i46.tinypic.com/jjpkeg.gif&offline=http://i49.tinypic.com/2mg05ki.gif

#2 2013-02-18 18:05:19

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Re: Pixel Conquest - Please Give Ideas!

Nice idea! It really could become a nice game, if carried out correctly. Anyway, here are some ideas:

1). Warriors alone will make your game good, but what about having super warriors with special stats? Also, you could include archers, magicians, and catapults.

2). Well, again, castle can be defended by warriors, but why not add in more protection? So, why not add the ability to build motes, strengthen the walls, and add boiling cauldrons of oil? Or, you could just have a general option to upgrade the defenses.

3). If you do add upgrades, then some sort of currency is going to be needed other then the warriors themselves (though you could use them).

4). A nice feature that you could add is the possibility for kingdoms to create treaties or unite in a fight against someone.

5). Instead of packing kingdoms side-by-side, why not add some mountains that you can't attack through that also have no kingdoms in them? This would allow you to make some maps trickier.

I hope that you like my ideas!

With regards,

ErnieParke

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#3 2013-02-18 18:10:17

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Nice idea! It really could become a nice game, if carried out correctly. Anyway, here are some ideas:

1). Warriors alone will make your game good, but what about having super warriors with special stats? Also, you could include archers, magicians, and catapults.

2). Well, again, castle can be defended by warriors, but why not add in more protection? So, why not add the ability to build motes, strengthen the walls, and add boiling cauldrons of oil? Or, you could just have a general option to upgrade the defenses.

3). If you do add upgrades, then some sort of currency is going to be needed other then the warriors themselves (though you could use them).

4). A nice feature that you could add is the possibility for kingdoms to create treaties or unite in a fight against someone.

5). Instead of packing kingdoms side-by-side, why not add some mountains that you can't attack through that also have no kingdoms in them? This would allow you to make some maps trickier.

I hope that you like my ideas!

With regards,

ErnieParke

Good ideas.

Regards,

CAA14

#4 2013-02-18 20:18:18

EdgeGamer
Scratcher

Nice ideas! I did already think of alliances with other kingdoms, but I'm not sure because the game's objective is to conquer ALL kingdoms. So you'd have to form your army then end up with a ton of warriors after you 'cos your a traitor I would probably add that)

An important note that I forgot was that the game is samurai themed, so I'm not sure about magicians and stuff like that.

Last edited by EdgeGamer (2013-02-18 20:21:47)

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=EdgeGamer&action=onlineStatus&onlinehttp://i46.tinypic.com/jjpkeg.gif&offline=http://i49.tinypic.com/2mg05ki.gif

#5 2013-02-18 20:22:40

CAA14
Scratcher

EdgeGamer wrote:

Nice ideas! I did already think of alliances with other kingdoms, but I'm not sure because the game's objective is to conquer ALL kingdoms. So you'd have to form your army then end up with a ton of warriors after you 'cos your a traitor I would probably add that)

Yeah, that's true. You could add a boat and navy if you could, that would be interesting.

I have some more ideas, so I'll post them later.

Good luck!

Regards,

CAA14

#6 2013-02-18 20:26:43

CAA14
Scratcher

EdgeGamer wrote:

An important note that I forgot was that the game is samurai themed, so I'm not sure about magicians and stuff like that.

Yeah, but you could use Daimyos and shoguns. Also ninjas, monks and other Asian soldiers.

Regards,

CAA14

#7 2013-02-18 20:43:14

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

EdgeGamer wrote:

Yeah, but you could use Daimyos and shoguns. Also ninjas, monks and other Asian soldiers.

Regards,

CAA14

Oh, and to add on, if you're going to have actual sprites represent your armies, why not add an option to merge armies to make them bigger?

Also, if you don't feel comfortable with letting kingdoms become allies (though this is more of a suggestion by now), you could just add a treaty function. That way they don't attack you unless you attack them (or no one else is left). This way your allies can still grow, you won't really be "cheating" them and eventually winning easily.

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-18 20:45:53)

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#8 2013-02-18 22:15:23

CAA14
Scratcher

A few ideas:

- Having a diamyo that represents your armies.
- Having a team mode, in which the teams are divided equally.
- Being able to assign a shogun to an army to make it your "Grand army", which would make it stronger.
- Having the ability to switch the elements in your armies, with like an upgrade.
- Maybe some mercenaries available to hire, that's element is "Super", and always has an advantage... Unless an "Assassin" or "Ninja"  attacks it, then it has a great disadvantage...
- An ability to surrender or open negotiations. You can give a number of troops for a certain time of peace.
- The draft system. You can call a draft every 5 minutes, which takes your kingdoms population and takes a fourth if it and makes it an army. If you don't let your population rest enough, your troops will be "Freshmen", and not very good.

What do you think?

If you want more or different ideas, Ernie and I can get you some more.  wink
Regards,

CAA14

#9 2013-02-20 10:18:44

EdgeGamer
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

A few ideas:

- Having a diamyo that represents your armies. - THAT SORT OF HAPPENS, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE ROUGHLY SIX WARRIORS INTO BATTLE AS YOUR PARTY, WHERE THERE WILL BE SOME TURN BASED STRATEGY BATTLING
- Having a team mode, in which the teams are divided equally. - I DONT REALLY GET THIS
- Being able to assign a shogun to an army to make it your "Grand army", which would make it stronger. - MAYBE
- Having the ability to switch the elements in your armies, with like an upgrade. - I DON'T THINK I'D DO THAT. I'D RATHER PEOPLE NOT USE THEIR MONEY TO CHANGE ALL OF THEIR WARRIORS ELEMENTS BEFORE BATTLE.
- Maybe some mercenaries available to hire, that's element is "Super", and always has an advantage... Unless an "Assassin" or "Ninja"  attacks it, then it has a great disadvantage... - SEEMS TO REMOVE THE STRATEGY
- An ability to surrender or open negotiations. You can give a number of troops for a certain time of peace. - GOOD IDEA
- The draft system. You can call a draft every 5 minutes, which takes your kingdoms population and takes a fourth if it and makes it an army. If you don't let your population rest enough, your troops will be "Freshmen", and not very good. - NOT SURE ABOUT THIS

What do you think?

Regards,

CAA14

#10 2013-02-20 13:34:54

CAA14
Scratcher

EdgeGamer wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

A few ideas:

- Having a diamyo that represents your armies. - THAT SORT OF HAPPENS, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE ROUGHLY SIX WARRIORS INTO BATTLE AS YOUR PARTY, WHERE THERE WILL BE SOME TURN BASED STRATEGY BATTLING Okay, then just use a diamyo sprite.
- Having a team mode, in which the teams are divided equally. - I DONT REALLY GET THIS Okay, as far as i understand, you want to start out with several kingdoms on a map, and then they all fight til the death. Well, for more diverse game play, make a mode were if there are 4 kingdoms, then it's 2v2. You see?
- Being able to assign a shogun to an army to make it your "Grand army", which would make it stronger. - MAYBE It's your game, just a suggestion and idea.
- Having the ability to switch the elements in your armies, with like an upgrade. - I DON'T THINK I'D DO THAT. I'D RATHER PEOPLE NOT USE THEIR MONEY TO CHANGE ALL OF THEIR WARRIORS ELEMENTS BEFORE BATTLE. I see. But they need some way to choose their soldiers element or it's kind of not strategy.
- Maybe some mercenaries available to hire, that's element is "Super", and always has an advantage... Unless an "Assassin" or "Ninja"  attacks it, then it has a great disadvantage... - SEEMS TO REMOVE THE STRATEGY Not at all. The mercenaries would be super, but also super expensive. Assassins would be to, so it would be balanced. 
- An ability to surrender or open negotiations. You can give a number of troops for a certain time of peace. - GOOD IDEA I agree.
- The draft system. You can call a draft every 5 minutes, which takes your kingdoms population and takes a fourth if it and makes it an army. If you don't let your population rest enough, your troops will be "Freshmen", and not very good. - NOT SURE ABOUT THIS Well, your choice. I tend to like more complicated games, so this is just an option.  smile

What do you think?

Regards,

CAA14

My comments are above.

Regards,

CAA14

Board footer