This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#101 2013-02-28 21:19:39

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Re: .:; Idea Shop *Beta* ;:.

{Action}

Action games are games with lots of action in them, though they range in difficulty and theme. They're great if you're looking for something to do.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

1). It's Christmas time (I know it isn't actually) and you want to go to a gift shop to buy a snow globe for your parents. So you walk over there. But when you want to walk in, you fall in deep pit. Suddenly, you realize that you're trapped in a snow globe! You have 1 hour to beat the entire game or else it will be too late and you would've been sold to a family already and you can never escape.

The levels will be inside of a snow globe, the snow will make your movement slippery. Also, you want to move around constantly or else you will be drowned in snow flakes and it will be very hard to move around. You'll fight enemies such as snowmen or other Christmas people with the snow you pick up on the ground.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

2). Long ago, far away, a whole nine yards, (Your Character Here) was laying on the beach, without a care in the world. His home is an island called "Majorina".
The island grows tons and tons of beautiful fruit and all kinds of goodies.
As Character was laying there, he suddenly noticed a minor detail that complicates things just a little... A HUGE tsunami is coming!!!!! You must gather all the fruit and goodies you can and escape to the next level before time runs out!

Back to the Menu

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 12:24:52)

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#102 2013-02-28 21:29:30

ErnieParke
Scratcher

{Animation}

Animations are great little projects that are fun to watch. They could be suspenseful movies, vivid paint programs, or just some complex (pun intended) math orientated art.

Back to the Menu

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 11:50:45)

#103 2013-02-28 21:31:05

ErnieParke
Scratcher

{Arcade}

Basically, arcade games are games that are really repetitive. Even though this might sound dull to you, some arcade games are pretty popular nowadays. For example, Temple Run is an arcade game.

None as of yet...

Back to the Menu

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 11:51:25)

#104 2013-02-28 21:40:08

ErnieParke
Scratcher

{Puzzle}

Puzzles games are ones requiring thought to beat. I'm not talking about the ordinary thoughts that you think day-to-day, but ones where you have to go out of the box to beat the game.

None as of yet...

Back to the Menu

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 11:51:50)

#105 2013-02-28 21:41:09

ErnieParke
Scratcher

{RPG}

An RPG is a thrilling game where you're taken to an entirely new universe to face the different challenges put in front of you. These often follow a set plot, though some are flexible.

1). You hace always been a fortunate tribe, out in the middle of no-where, needing nothing but the island that you live on. Now, one day, a great flock of boas speedily come from another island from your chain and smoke appears to be rising from it. You wonder, what could possibly be disturbing the calmness of their kind home? After asking one of the tribesmen, they tell you of the wild, evil beasts that plague their village, and he violently breaks down in mournful tears. This was so heart-breaking for you that you decide to make a commitment, a vow, to destroy whatever fiend is devastating the peace and hopes of the kind people. So, now you set out on a large quest to quench the flood of monsters to your home land and to survive a people as well.

Just to say, you're going to want to include a few villages/towns on the islands, though remember, the farther you get, the less people there are and the more vicious them creatures. Also, you might want to make it so that you have to complete a quest before you can get to the next island in series.

2). It is a peaceful day in the town of Dalesburg. The children are playing, the birds merrily cheeping, and the sky whole, bright, and blue, or at least for now. You were just entering your house when out of the dark sky, yes dark sky, bombs start reigning and UFO's flying around! Cows are being targeted, and people abducted! You quickly dash into your basement and try to stay as inconspicuous as possible, but that's not going to last forever and you know it. Imagining the torture you and the rest of the world could go through, you decide to take up action and fight this invasion. So, you must now single handedly repel the aliens and save the Earth from utter destruction.

You could make the goal of the aliens whatever you want. Wether it's to enslave the human race, to conquer the place, or to annihilate it, anything realistic would be good.

Back to the Menu

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 11:52:17)

#106 2013-02-28 21:42:23

ErnieParke
Scratcher

{Simple}

Simple ideas are perfect for scratchers just beginning or for any scratcher looking for a break from intense coding. These are meant to be like their names says: simple.

1). A game were there's 2 fish, a red type and a blue type.
When the game begins, if you aren't clicking, the blue fish chases you, and if you are, the red one does. Every, oh, 5 second another fish is put on the screen, that is either red or blue. Once a fish touches your mouse, it's game over.

Optional Game Modes:

- You can have a "Three hits and you're out" mode.
- A mode where the fish don't chase you, but every 5 seconds 2 more fish are added.

2). Goal: Do not let any falling objects touch the ground!

Gameplay:
- Just click on the object to "pop" it.
- Some objects give you things, like an extra heart, an explosion to take out a bunch of objects, of maybe a large mouse thing that gives you a much bigger clicking range.

Optional game modes:
- Instead of not letting any object touch the ground, just don't let the bombs touch the ground! If you do, you will lose 1 heart, and you start with three.

Back to the Menu

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 11:53:00)

#107 2013-02-28 21:43:24

ErnieParke
Scratcher

{Other}

These are any ideas that didn't fit into the 6 categories above. This doesn't mean that they're rejected or anything, because there can be some really good ideas in here.

None as of yet...

Back to the Menu

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 12:24:15)

#108 2013-02-28 21:56:40

ErnieParke
Scratcher

8th

Reserved for future purposes...

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

#109 2013-03-01 14:49:05

ErnieParke
Scratcher

9th & Final

Reserved for future purposes...

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

#110 2013-03-01 15:00:54

CAA14
Scratcher

This is my response.  tongue
Well, if you'd like, i can put in some more ideas from my idea stash for the collections, since there aren't any orders.

Regards,

CAA14

#111 2013-03-01 15:18:43

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

This is my response.  tongue
Well, if you'd like, i can put in some more ideas from my idea stash for the collections, since there aren't any orders.

Regards,

CAA14

Well, why not? If you truly want to, then  you can.  wink

With respects,

ErnieParke

#112 2013-03-01 15:59:06

CAA14
Scratcher

Okay, i will put some in here when i think of it... Right now i am going to work on some other projects.

But for now, you can put this one in the "simple" category:

Goal: Do not let any falling objects touch the ground!

Gameplay:
- Some objects give you things, like an extra heart, an explosion to take out a bunch of objects, of maybe a large mouse thing that gives you a much bigger clicking range.

Optional game modes:
- Instead of not letting any object touch the ground, just don't let the bombs touch the ground! If you do, you will lose 1 heart, and you start with three.   

Hope you like it.

Regards,

CAA14

#113 2013-03-03 11:49:24

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

Okay, i will put some in here when i think of it... Right now i am going to work on some other projects.

But for now, you can put this one in the "simple" category:

Goal: Do not let any falling objects touch the ground!

Gameplay:

Optional game modes:

Hope you like it.

Regards,

CAA14

Well, I do like it. Also, I just added it.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 11:49:43)

#114 2013-03-03 12:10:20

CAA14
Scratcher

Oh, Ernie, that idea under "Other" that i have can fit into action.
Is there still an order to complete here?

Regards,

CAA14

#115 2013-03-03 12:22:07

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

Well, again, as I said earlier, the Idea Shop seems to be soaking up all of the orders, and because of that, I'm starting to think about closing it. I can have both of them open, but then one's going to get ignored while the other gets the brunt of the requests.

Oh, and I'll move your idea.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-03-03 12:23:51)

#116 2013-03-03 13:39:56

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

Well, again, as I said earlier, the Idea Shop seems to be soaking up all of the orders, and because of that, I'm starting to think about closing it. I can have both of them open, but then one's going to get ignored while the other gets the brunt of the requests.

Oh, and I'll move your idea.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Well, they're your shops... Your decision, though i agree with closing one of them and leaving the other one, the one to close is your choice.  smile

Also, thank you.

Regards,

CAA14

#117 2013-03-05 15:46:05

Ideas
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Ideas wrote:

Actually the request went out to anyone who was willing to help...

All that I need Is ideas to do with items to collect and equipment to use + the sound they make When being used...

The above has to do with trash as its theme...

Items can be sold so no things like scrap metal.
Equipment is usually used In The ground

Thanx Im advance

Well for some items, you could have these:

1). A coin collection. There'll be 5~10 coins hidden around the game that you can try to collect for fun.

2). How about a key collection? This way, when you complete it, you could use the keys to open a door to a trash-rich land of junk and filth, which is to you riches of the deep. Again, "every man's trash is another man's treasure."

3). Some sort of rare tool that got blown to bits. There'll be pieces scattered around the level and when you collect all of them, you get the super tool. It could be a super shovel, a super helmet, ect...

Now, as for tools:

1). The miniature Digging Bot 3000 is here! It'll walk around and collect all the trash you want while you get to leisurely sit back and watch. Also, don't forget that you can have more then one!

Sound that it'd make when collecting trash:

"Vmmm..." (Like a vacuum cleaner)

2). Ever tired of digging to no avail? Every sick of your meager earnings? Every feel like you want to quit your job? Now no more! We have the super drill for you! It'll dig up trash 2x the rate of a traditional, old shovel and you'll get even more trash! It's just 600 easy payments of $7 each! Get it now!

Just to say, you don't have to make this expensive.

The sound that it makes:
"VrrrrVrrrVrrrVrrr..."

3). Now, although the super drill is very handy when it comes to using your hands, you don't want to stand around all day digging, right? Well now we have the perfect solution for you! It's the Drill Stand-omatic! Just set it up wherever you want to, and it'll start drilling for you till it no longer can. Easy as pie! It even comes with a free pie!

Remember, make sure that this doesn't give trash very quickly, and that it drills/digs over a period of time.

The sound that it makes:
None

I hope that you like my ideas1

With regards,

ErnieParke

Sorry for this late response, I was busy...
I love those ideas.
I'm ready to start. Just tell me.
Thanx much!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2010/screenshot20121110at132.pngI think that you must CLICK above

#118 2013-03-05 16:11:50

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Ideas wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Ideas wrote:

Actually the request went out to anyone who was willing to help...

All that I need Is ideas to do with items to collect and equipment to use + the sound they make When being used...

The above has to do with trash as its theme...

Items can be sold so no things like scrap metal.
Equipment is usually used In The ground

Thanx Im advance

Well for some items, you could have these:

1). A coin collection. There'll be 5~10 coins hidden around the game that you can try to collect for fun.

2). How about a key collection? This way, when you complete it, you could use the keys to open a door to a trash-rich land of junk and filth, which is to you riches of the deep. Again, "every man's trash is another man's treasure."

3). Some sort of rare tool that got blown to bits. There'll be pieces scattered around the level and when you collect all of them, you get the super tool. It could be a super shovel, a super helmet, ect...

Now, as for tools:

1). The miniature Digging Bot 3000 is here! It'll walk around and collect all the trash you want while you get to leisurely sit back and watch. Also, don't forget that you can have more then one!

Sound that it'd make when collecting trash:

"Vmmm..." (Like a vacuum cleaner)

2). Ever tired of digging to no avail? Every sick of your meager earnings? Every feel like you want to quit your job? Now no more! We have the super drill for you! It'll dig up trash 2x the rate of a traditional, old shovel and you'll get even more trash! It's just 600 easy payments of $7 each! Get it now!

Just to say, you don't have to make this expensive.

The sound that it makes:
"VrrrrVrrrVrrrVrrr..."

3). Now, although the super drill is very handy when it comes to using your hands, you don't want to stand around all day digging, right? Well now we have the perfect solution for you! It's the Drill Stand-omatic! Just set it up wherever you want to, and it'll start drilling for you till it no longer can. Easy as pie! It even comes with a free pie!

Remember, make sure that this doesn't give trash very quickly, and that it drills/digs over a period of time.

The sound that it makes:
None

I hope that you like my ideas1

With regards,

ErnieParke

Sorry for this late response, I was busy...
I love those ideas.
I'm ready to start. Just tell me.
Thanx much!

It's okay, and you don't have to wait for me to start your project! You can already start and get that great project rolling.  wink

Anyway, just to add on, your welcome!

With regards,

ErnieParke

#119 2013-03-06 17:42:30

Firedrake969
Scratcher

Waiting for any idea requests to come in.

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#120 2013-03-06 18:03:20

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

Waiting for any idea requests to come in.

I know, but then again, the Idea Shop (not the Beta) seems to have soaked up the recent demand for ideas.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#121 2013-03-06 18:06:39

ErnieParke
Scratcher

To CAA14:
Remember how earlier I said that I was going to close either the Idea Shop or the Idea Shop *Beta*? Well, I've finally decided that I will be closing this shop. Closing the Idea Shop seems way too painful and mournful for me to bear, so soon I'll be making efforts to move everything over there sometime soon.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#122 2013-03-06 18:23:54

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

To CAA14:
Remember how earlier I said that I was going to close either the Idea Shop or the Idea Shop *Beta*? Well, I've finally decided that I will be closing this shop. Closing the Idea Shop seems way too painful and mournful for me to bear, so soon I'll be making efforts to move everything over there sometime soon.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Okay, i understand.  smile

have fun!

Regards,

CAA14

Board footer