This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#76 2013-02-25 16:25:36

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Re: .:; Idea Shop *Beta* ;:.

Thescratch3 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Thescratch3 wrote:

Platformer:
It's Christmas time (I know it isn't actually) and you want to go to a gift shop to buy a snow globe for your parents. So you walk over there. But when you want to walk in, you fall in deep pit. Suddenly, you realize that you're trapped in a snow globe! You have 1 hour to beat the entire game or else it will be too late and you would've been sold to a family already and you can never escape.

The levels will be inside of a snow globe, the snow will make your movement slippery. Also, you want to move around constantly or else you will be drowned in snow flakes and it will be very hard to move around. You'll fight enemies such as snowmen or other Christmas people with the snow you pick up on the ground.

Candy:
You are a candy bar. You can choose from Hershey's, Skittles, M&M's, Jolly Ranchers, Pez, and so forth. So you and your candy bar friends are just hanging out one day until one of them (let's say M&M's) is taken by a little child. And if you were like me when you were a child, then you would be running around because you got candy. So then you would have to find park benches to climb on, or trash cans to be able to jump onto the little child to get M&M's back. To climb onto those items, you would have to intelligently stack up you and the other candies to be able to and then pull them up.

How were those? Sorry if they're a little bit long...

No, they weren't long. In fact, some ideas need to be long to describe them well and to make them sound good. This is especially true with RPG's because you need to lay out a lot of the plot and aspects of it, so those can get long. The only issue I see is that in your Candy idea, how your supposed to save the M&M's is presented a bit muddily, specifically your last sentence.

Anyway, your in.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

P.S. Do you mind if I use your last idea as one of the Shop's sample ideas? Also, just to make sure, that would be a platformer, right?

Sure and yes.  And thanks!

Well, there's no need to thank me, though if you still want to, then you're welcome.  smile

Also, I just added your idea into the Idea Collection, so if you want to look, you can.

With regards,

ErnieParke

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#77 2013-02-26 12:07:19

CAA14
Scratcher

Where is the idea collection?

Regards,

CAA14

#78 2013-02-26 14:55:34

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

Where is the idea collection?

Regards,

CAA14

Well, you can find it through the menu, though if you want the link, here it is.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

#79 2013-02-26 15:04:18

CAA14
Scratcher

Ok, ok. Thanks.  smile

Just wondering... Could i take the next order? I feel like i've been useless so far...

Regards,

CAA14

#80 2013-02-26 15:05:57

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

{Simple}

Simple ideas are perfect scratchers just beginning or for any scratcher looking for a break from intense coding. These are meant to be just like their names says; simple.

None as of yet...

Back to the Top

Um... Doesn't my fish chasing idea fall into that category?  wink

Regards,

CAA14

#81 2013-02-26 15:41:46

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

{Simple}

Simple ideas are perfect scratchers just beginning or for any scratcher looking for a break from intense coding. These are meant to be just like their names says; simple.

None as of yet...

Back to the Top

Regards,

CAA14

Yes, yes it was, though that was just a sample idea to see if you can enter (actually to be fair with everyone), though if you want to, I could add it.

CAA14 wrote:

Ok, ok. Thanks.  smile

Just wondering... Could i take the next order? I feel like i've been useless so far...

Regards,

CAA14

Well of course you can! The only problem is that the Idea Shop (not this one) seems to be soaking up our orders, so maybe it'd be a good idea to close it till further notice. Also, remember that you can double-up on orders, so both you and I could fill out the same order, that way giving the scratcher many more ideas to choose from.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-26 15:44:16)

#82 2013-02-26 16:25:20

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

{Simple}

None as of yet...

Back to the Top

Regards,

CAA14

Yes, yes it was, though that was just a sample idea to see if you can enter (actually to be fair with everyone), though if you want to, I could add it.

Okay, i think i see... though what do you mean, "Actually to be fair with everyone"?

CAA14 wrote:

Ok, ok. Thanks.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

Well of course you can! The only problem is that the Idea Shop (not this one) seems to be soaking up our orders, so maybe it'd be a good idea to close it till further notice. Also, remember that you can double-up on orders, so both you and I could fill out the same order, that way giving the scratcher many more ideas to choose from.

Okay, thank you.  smile  I will certainly add into our next order.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

My comments are above.  wink

Regards,

CAA14

#83 2013-02-26 16:35:10

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

Okay, i think i see... though what do you mean, "Actually to be fair with everyone"?

Well, you were already practically in, so this was more or less to be fair with everyone. Also, do you want your idea to be in the Idea Collection?

CAA14 wrote:

Ok, ok. Thanks.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

Regards,

CAA14

My one, and only commet resides above ^^.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#84 2013-02-26 16:48:30

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

Well, you were already practically in, so this was more or less to be fair with everyone. Also, do you want your idea to be in the Idea Collection?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

I think it's fine to add that idea to the collection, as it is not one of my favorite ideas(I kind of hoard my favorite ideas....)  big_smile

Thanks again,

CAA14

#85 2013-02-26 16:53:19

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

I think it's fine to add that idea to the collection, as it is not one of my favorite ideas(I kind of hoard my favorite ideas....)  big_smile

Thanks again,

CAA14

I'd like to do that as well, though after awhile I eventually figured out that I would never be able to make all, or a lot, of them, so I began giving them away.

Anyway, I'll add your idea right now.  wink

Just to say, I changed "that" to "where" because of grammar, and I also changed "OPTIONAL GAME MODES" to "Optional Game Modes" because it just seems odd to have it in all caps.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-26 16:56:04)

#86 2013-02-26 17:05:08

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

Thanks again,

CAA14

I'd like to do that as well, though after awhile I eventually figured out that I would never be able to make all, or a lot, of them, so I began giving them away.

Anyway, I'll add your idea right now.  wink

Just to say, I changed "that" to "where" because of grammar, and I also changed "OPTIONAL GAME MODES" to "Optional Game Modes" because it just seems odd to have it in all caps.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Okay, that's fine. Thanks.  smile

Yeah, in like 5 days i have like 10 totally different ideas... I will probably never make all of them... But i hope to make an epic platformer soon.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#87 2013-02-26 17:30:39

CAA14
Scratcher

Style: Over head RPG
Genre: Action/Adventure

Long ago, far away, whole nine yards, (Your Character Here) was laying on the beach, without a care in the world. His home is an island called "Majorina".
The island grows tons and tons of beautiful fruit and all kinds of goodies.
As Character was laying there, he suddenly noticed a minor detail that complicates things just a little... A HUGE tsunami is coming!!!!! You must gather all the fruit and goodies you can and escape to the next level before time runs out!

Here is an entry for the action category, if there is one.

Regards,

CAA14

Last edited by CAA14 (2013-02-26 18:13:25)

#88 2013-02-26 18:07:11

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

Long ago, far away, whole nine yards, (Your Character Here) was laying on the beach, without a care in the world. His home is an island called "Majorina".
As Character was laying there, he suddenly noticed a minor detail that complicates things just a little... A HUGE tsunami is coming!!!!! You must gather all the fruit and goodies you can and escape to the next level before time runs out!

Regards,

CAA14

Well, thanks to my mistake at not reserving enough posts, I'm limited to 4 slots that I had previously reserved. So, unless I make more reserves, we're stuck to Animations, Platformers, Simple, and Other. That's why I don't have an Action Category. Anyway, just as a quick question to make sure, is your idea a platformer or something different?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#89 2013-02-26 18:12:41

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

Well, thanks to my mistake at not reserving enough posts, I'm limited to 4 slots that I had previously reserved. So, unless I make more reserves, we're stuck to Animations, Platformers, Simple, and Other. That's why I don't have an Action Category. Anyway, just as a quick question to make sure, is your idea a platformer or something different?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Nope, it's a overhead RPG style. I will add that to the description.

And that's okay, this one will fit into "Other".  smile
You made a good save by putting one of them as a catch all, so the problems really not a big deal.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#90 2013-02-26 18:25:21

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

You made a good save by putting one of them as a catch all, so the problems really not a big deal.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

Okay; and yes, it was a good idea to have included the Others category, for a lot of ideas are going to have to be put there. Anyway, as soon as I can, I'm going to reserve another post so that I can add another grouping into the Idea Collection. What do you think it should be? Maybe RPG?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#91 2013-02-26 18:58:32

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

Regards,

CAA14

Okay; and yes, it was a good idea to have included the Others category, for a lot of ideas are going to have to be put there. Anyway, as soon as I can, I'm going to reserve another post so that I can add another grouping into the Idea Collection. What do you think it should be? Maybe RPG?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Hmmm... That's a tough one. I think their are going to be a lot of people wanting RPG's, but arcade and Adventure is also very popular now that we have a lot of them in mobile gaming.

Hmmmm... Probably Arcade or RPG. Your choice.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#92 2013-02-26 21:33:17

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

Hmmm... That's a tough one. I think their are going to be a lot of people wanting RPG's, but arcade and Adventure is also very popular now that we have a lot of them in mobile gaming.

Regards,

CAA14

Well, it could also be a Puzzle/Skill game category. We'll have to take that into consideration. I'll come with a decision tomorrow.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

#93 2013-02-26 21:43:04

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

Regards,

CAA14

Well, it could also be a Puzzle/Skill game category. We'll have to take that into consideration. I'll come with a decision tomorrow.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

Agreed, good thinking. I just think that Action is a little more popular.. Not to mention easier.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#94 2013-02-27 16:08:51

johnaveryhanson
Scratcher

could i join

i am currently http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=johnaveryhanson&action=onlineStatus&type=text

#95 2013-02-27 16:58:23

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

Agreed, good thinking. I just think that Action is a little more popular.. Not to mention easier.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

But then it's a bit hard to discern from Platformers at times. Anyway, I'll be reserving 7~9 posts soon so thaat we can have more categories. So far, what I've thought of is:

1). Action
2). Animation
3). Arcade
4). Puzzle
5). RPG
6), Simple
7). Other

What do you think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

johnaveryhanson wrote:

could i join

Yes, though before you do, I need two ideas. Could you give me an idea that'd be perfect for a new scratcher with poor scripting skills, and one about math?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-28 15:49:10)

#96 2013-02-27 18:22:52

CAA14
Scratcher

Hmmm.... Well, they all look good except for "Skill"... All of them require skill.  wink

Here's one: FPS(First Person Shooter). That should be good.

Another addition could be Arcade... If you're wondering "What distinguishes an arcade game?", then this is what that means. The game is linear, meaning that they repeat over and over again (Pac-man, Donkey Kong, Sheriff, Galaga). Most of the first games were this way, so that's why games that still follow this premise(Ninja Pong, Fruit Ninja, and others,) are called "Arcade".  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#97 2013-02-27 20:33:11

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

Hmmm.... Well, they all look good except for "Skill"... All of them require skill.  wink

Another addition could be Arcade... If you're wondering "What distinguishes an arcade game?", then this is what that means. The game is linear, meaning that they repeat over and over again (Pac-man, Donkey Kong, Sheriff, Galaga). Most of the first games were this way, so that's why games that still follow this premise(Ninja Pong, Fruit Ninja, and others,) are called "Arcade".  smile

Regards,

CAA14

Ohhh... I had never known that that is what made an Arcade Game an Arcade Game. Well, that's definitely on the list now, though FPS isn't because remember, no too violent ideas. Also, when I said "Skill", I meant something that you'd have to concentrate a lot on, kind of like this ninja game that I played awhile ago here where I died 4 times on the first level, 10 on the second, 20 on the next, 30 after that, ect... I don't remember how many levels there were, though there was at least 20.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#98 2013-02-27 23:08:48

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

Ohhh... I had never known that that is what made an Arcade Game an Arcade Game. Well, that's definitely on the list now, though FPS isn't because remember, no too violent ideas. Also, when I said "Skill", I meant something that you'd have to concentrate a lot on, kind of like this ninja game that I played awhile ago here where I died 4 times on the first level, 10 on the second, 20 on the next, 30 after that, ect... I don't remember how many levels there were, though there was at least 20.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Well. Now you do.  big_smile
Also, I see what you mean by skill, but I think puzzle covers that one.
As for the FPS, I have seen mostly target practice stuff, but if you don't want to put it on there, that's fine. I see your point.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#99 2013-02-28 15:51:18

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

As for the FPS, I have seen mostly target practice stuff, but if you don't want to put it on there, that's fine. I see your point.  smile

...One post later...

It looks like we're one post away from being able to reserve anything, so I'll wait for it to come in.

Regards,

CAA14

Okay, so everything seems in place. We'll have 7 sub-sections as soon as I'm done reserving posts, which I'll be working on after this post.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-28 17:09:45)

#100 2013-02-28 16:49:51

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

...One post later...

It looks like we're one post away from being able to reserve anything, so I'll wait for it to come in.

Regards,

CAA14

Okay, so everything seems in place. We'll have 7 sub-sections as soon as I'm done reserving posts, which I'll be working on after this post.  smile

Great.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

Board footer